Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Louis's Content

There have been 327 items by Louis (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43741 Sonic City- A Race to a Name Poll!

Posted by Louis on 12 March 2008 - 10:15 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Jesus. I'm sorry, but most of those names are god awful. Gravitus and Zoah are the only vaguely passable ones. Zoah got my vote a while back.

#43082 NiGHTS the CD - I wonder!

Posted by Louis on 05 March 2008 - 08:32 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

It's called Journey of Dreams :P

(love the Wizeman pic though)

#41992 The next kids in a NiGHTS game

Posted by Louis on 22 February 2008 - 05:11 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Gagged.

#41991 And... we're back

Posted by Louis on 22 February 2008 - 05:09 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

If I might ask, how is it that you ended up homeless?
The apartment I rent with my friend costs 600$ US a month and is in a good part of town. SPlit between us two the rent and bills are very manageable and we may be splitting 3 way with a slightly bigger place next year. So I was just wondering, is housing market in England so bad off that people end up on the street for whatever reason? and wasnt there some sort of homeless shelter available to at least give you a warm place to stay?: england seems so ass backwards sometimes :/ No offense but it does.

Scotland and England are different things dear. Both part of Britain, but different in their own right. It's like saying 'God, crime is terrible in New York. Just goes to show, Alabama is so violent!'.

Anyhoo, housing market is bad, but not as terrible as it is in the US. Homeless shelters are better and more plentiful, but sill in short supply etc. Problems aren't really highlighted in the US as much as they are here, leftover from the old pro-capiltalist propaganda I guess.

Now, glad to hear you two are fine. I know how much being homeless sucks.

#41585 What NiGHTS characters would NEVER SAY!

Posted by Louis on 17 February 2008 - 06:37 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

words

^_^

#41562 2007 Nintendo Power Awards

Posted by Louis on 17 February 2008 - 10:28 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

What are you doing here if you hate NiGHTS so much?

I don't hate the first one at all. JoD however, was utter tripe.

#41521 2007 Nintendo Power Awards

Posted by Louis on 17 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

JoD wasn't a very good game. Simple as.

The game exactly garner critical praise and most outside of this forum seem incredibly disappointed in the game. The controls were awful, graphics abysmal, gitiches plentiful, story painful ad side-missions game-breaking. The only saving grace was the music.

I agree with you on the Mario music part. How many times can you listen to the same piece over and over again. Sure it's catchy and everyone knows it but that's because we've been forced to listen to it for over 20 freakin years.

Did you not play Galaxy? The music was used sparingly, making way for wonderful new compositions such as gusty garden, which was absolutely wonderful. While part of me prefers the JoD music to the weaker moments in the Galaxy soundtrack, JoD seems more fitting to your criticisms. Just replace the timber 20 with 10.

#41181 Bugs

Posted by Louis on 13 February 2008 - 01:06 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The collision is very much broken. Constantly jamming/defying all logic. Shame really.

#35975 Playing Imports on the PS2

Posted by Louis on 16 January 2008 - 09:04 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There is one, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. The same thing lets you play homebrew and games burnt onto DVD's. Go through the threads about NiGHTS PS2 on NeoGAF and it's mentioned somewhere.

#33482 Yes!

Posted by Louis on 02 January 2008 - 03:28 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

360 just doesn't shift units in Japan.

Neither Sonic or NiGHTS shift units in Japan. Sonic team games, as a whole, are dead on arrival there.

Personally I'd be happy with an Xbox Live Arcade/PSN NiGHTS game. The average budget for a real next gen fame is about £15 million, not taking into account advertising, it's much less on the Wii and less still on XBLA et al. The game is hardly ever going to set the world on fire, whatever format it's on, but without the costs of physical media and given the widespread appeal of these services, it seems logical.

The Wii has Wii Ware next year, but the size limitations on it seem almost crippling.

#33451 Sales?

Posted by Louis on 02 January 2008 - 02:16 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Are the software sales charts as easily available as the PAL ones? I'd like to know where it placed as well.

#33362 Sales?

Posted by Louis on 01 January 2008 - 08:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, as we know the game bombed in Japan (only 7000 on the launch day I believe), but what about sales in the Americas? I've read in various places that it bombed there too, but does any one have any nice numbers?

I like numbers.

#32624 Sega Direct PS2 NiGHTS pre-order page

Posted by Louis on 29 December 2007 - 12:55 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

An expanded christmas dream was confirmed quite a while back. Not sure I saw it mentioned here though.

#31572 So. Wizeman. (spoilers ahoy)

Posted by Louis on 21 December 2007 - 07:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You make me happy. GOOO WIZEMAN!
Can you tell me how his battle is when you get to it, if you haven't already? *___* *MUST KNOW*

There are videos of Wizeman, Reala and the final level floating around youtube now. You can check them out there in detail I guess :)

#31524 After the game

Posted by Louis on 21 December 2007 - 01:22 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

After you have a C in everything you need to go fight Wizeman again.

#31424 Dreamdrops locations

Posted by Louis on 21 December 2007 - 12:08 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

http://www.gamefaqs....le/938874/51161
:P

#30278 New Journey of Dreams review

Posted by Louis on 14 December 2007 - 09:31 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Completely off topic, but what's up with the NeoGAF hate? The people giving the impressions there are the exact same people who hyped it, loved it at TGS and couldn't wait for it. Speaks volumes if these people can't stand the final. Besides, GAF is very industry based etc, good stuff there.

On topic, how are Nintendo power reviews on the whole? I swear I remember people going on about how unreliable they were in that past, but I'm not quite sure.

#30191 Buying JODs Dilemma

Posted by Louis on 14 December 2007 - 12:47 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'm waiting s few months so I can find it preowned. A morbid masochistic part of me wants to own it, so at least this way Sega won't be getting my hard earned pennies.

#30190 New Journey of Dreams review

Posted by Louis on 14 December 2007 - 12:44 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well... at least we have the remake?

#29678 Towers towers everywhere!

Posted by Louis on 11 December 2007 - 09:45 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image

Can't say the main Norwich clock tower looks much like it :lol:

Though one of the ancient churches here has a huge one that looks like a mix between the Edi one and the London one... only green. I must take pictures, or find out what the church is called.

It's not either of our cathedrals, but have a nice picture of one, the tower is lovely. I believe this is the younger of the two (and much younger than most of our churches)

Posted Image

And here's a terrible one of our skyline, in which you can see the one I'm referring to, but it's stupidly blury. All the tall buildings are ancient churches/castles :P

Posted Image

Edit:

Posted Image

Have a better one. It's spectacular at night.

#29332 NEXT NIGHTS

Posted by Louis on 09 December 2007 - 09:13 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The general NiGHTS score attack gameplay suits itself well to a handheld game. In fact it's not really got much of a place on home consoles these days in comparison (aside from XBLA). Handheld games should be played in quick bursts, but still entertain for a long while if need be. Story heavy games have their place on them (just look at Phantom Hourglass, it has a strong narrative presented in a perfectly accessible way for those on the move and often comes across better at story telling than the home-system entries in the Zelda series). The only problem I'm seeing is the input of the handhelds he have right now the nub and d-pad on the PSP are crap (the Slim and Lite PSP fixs te fpad, but not the nub) and the d-pad on the DS is also terrible (the Lite made it worse). So maybe next generation, whenever that should come (asuming sega are still making entries in the franchise)

#29305 Super Mario Galaxy

Posted by Louis on 09 December 2007 - 11:53 AM in Community Corner

Would someone mind explaining the regular ending to me? Didn't make much sense. -_-

#28743 NiGHTS review scores are coming in

Posted by Louis on 05 December 2007 - 12:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ouch, the famitsu score is painfully low all things considered. Pre-owned purchase reconfirmed.

#28660 Dreaming of Musicals

Posted by Louis on 04 December 2007 - 06:23 PM in Dream Discussion

I had a dream the other week about a Mafia American family being forced to go into hiding in a small Italian village. The entire thing was a traditional music, complete with the cheesy musical number about how much they love the village at the end (with extra jazz hands).

#27873 Keeping a Dream Diary

Posted by Louis on 29 November 2007 - 05:19 PM in Dream Discussion

Dream Recall

Dream recall is essential if you want to lucid dream. Not only does it let you remember your lucids (which would be handy), but it also helps you get them. So really a good skill to have.

The best (only) way to do it is with a dream journal. A real, written dream journal. None of this online crap. Online dream journals are nice, but they should supplement your real journal, not the other way round. Here's a nice (crudely done in photoshop with a trackpad) example of how you should lay it out:

Posted Image

This is a set out that should cater for most, if not everyone. Think of a title that relates to the dream and is catchy in some way, write some brief notes on the dream (so you can pour your thoughts on the page before writing them out) then write them out as a full narrative right after. Next, draw a nice picture for a visual aid to trip memories later if you decide to look back. It really doesn't matter if it's not well drawn, what does matter however is that it's something that happened, not just something you think will look good.

Keep at this and in no time you'll have developed a decent enough recall (two or three a night is okay) to move onto our next bit. A basic, yet the most effective lucid dream induction.