Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buying JODs Dilemma

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Would like some ideas and help on this one. I won't be able to buy JODs as its release day due to lack of income but to buy it at ALL is a big question for myself.

On one hand I want to promote NiGHTS and perhaps if there are enough sales Sega will have a bigger budget to make a better NiGHTS game in the future. I think the gameplay will be alright for the most part but ... I'm really unsettled about the rest of the game.

However, I think buying the game will give Sega mixed messages of how this game is likable... I hate JODs, as much as I try so far I'm about 80% against it. They practically took everything I HATED about NiGHTS and put it into JODs. If I buy the game Sega might think THIS is what I want... which is not true.

I understand Sega and Izuka tried very hard with the budget they had, I give them credit... I just feel it was too much and a WRONG time to do this game... They keep saying how it's the perfect time when I have to disagree. It was rushed and a lot of things seem to have just fallen together at the last moments.

I want to promote NiGHTS but not Journey of Dreams. So, anyone want to bounce some opinions and ideas off at me?

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Maybe instead of buying JoD, you could import the original NiD PS2 remake when it comes out... and possibly pester SEGA for an american release, or a port to the Wii. I'd be sure to back you up on that, haha

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
give JoD a rent at least, if you still dislike it then pray they make another one and get the ps2 remake imported

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Maybe instead of buying JoD, you could import the original NiD PS2 remake when it comes out... and possibly pester SEGA for an american release, or a port to the Wii. I'd be sure to back you up on that, haha

I'm defiantly getting the PS2 one. Thank you.

give JoD a rent at least, if you still dislike it then pray they make another one and get the ps2 remake imported

Whenever I get a Wii, I'll rent it. I forgot about renting, thank you.

Thanks for your honest opinions.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'm waiting s few months so I can find it preowned. A morbid masochistic part of me wants to own it, so at least this way Sega won't be getting my hard earned pennies.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, being on the opposite side that you are, I do not think that I could give you unbiased advice. If I was being totally honest, I would say:

"Buy Journey of Dreams for Wii on the first day that you can, and then buy a PS2, smash it in front of a Sony store, protesting their shoddy hardware in the only department where they make anything that is subpar (I love Sony, but hate anything they make that has a computer in it) and then not import the remake."

However, I will be more sensitive than that, and not say any of those things. The only thing that I will say is to just get both games, and then judge between them. I have nothing but good things to say about JoD, especially after the 9.0 it got from Nintendo Power. If you want to get the sequel pre-owned, then do so.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah, I would have to say renting would be best, when you get a Wii. orrr *hint hint nudge nudge* if you happen to know anybody that will be owning the game and already has a Wii that you may be seeing at any point in the near future, you can play it at their housssse... that is, if you know someone like that... XD

Good idea with the PS2 re-release. I think I'll find a way to get that for myself as well.

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Lol, maybe you could pretend you're European and wait til the 25th January XD. You might be able to afford it then. *Wishes he lived in the States so he could get it on the 18th.*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think you should wait until it all goes down in price. If the game doesn't really grab you as much then there will be no point in shelling out loads of money for a Wii. So, i suggest waiting until it's come down to a price that you don't mind paying for it. If you want to show your support for the franchise then buy it first hand and don't get a preowned copy. As for giving the wrong impression to Sega, i really wouldn't worry about that. Sega certainly know this website is here because they're visiting it every so often, plus we've got a direct contact to an employee in the UK who will be able to help us as best as he can, Mr. ArchangelUK.
If we, as the fanbase, don't think JoD delivers well then we have every right to make another project and Sega have every right to listen to us because we're the fans that have hung around as long as we have done.

So, my advice is buy the game when you feel it's reasonable for your own standards and if it comes down to another case of letting Sega know what we think, this is the right website to be at to get your voice heard. <_<

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
well I already paid for the game many months ago so price is of no concern to me. If it turns out to suck Ive already long made up for the money I spent so it is of no consequence. but I bet Ill enjoy it.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Buy the game, and if it sucks, send an angry letter to Sega telling them how much it sucked. If you love it, good for you.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I wonder. Do you care to name anything in particular that you don't like about how JoD looks thus far?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Buy the game, and if it sucks, send an angry letter to Sega telling them how much it sucked. If you love it, good for you.

I've already sen them angry letters. Not much can be done now, the game is out.

I wonder. Do you care to name anything in particular that you don't like about how JoD looks thus far?

I'm starting to like it because it cracks me up. It's almost like Disney and Sega worked together to make this game... so in a sense I can enjoy it if I let go of whatever thoughts I had of NiD and just keep it separate game all together with no links to NiD. I don't like the models of NiGHTS or Reala at all... they're missing a lot of body or have too much body... example is Reala is missing muscles and nights gained a few pounds... I seriously don't liek the art style of this game... Wizeman gained some detail which is nice... however I'm really worried about gameplay but I've been watching what people say and besides the normal Sega's bad camera angles I think the gameplay sounds solid enough to play and also it's difficult so I have that to look forwards to as well. Once I get back on my feet I think I'll buy a wii and JODs.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Perhaps this topic can be locked now since I have the feedback I wanted/needed. Thank you all.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Locked, as per your request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users