Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Mario Galaxy

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So, Super Mario Galaxy. About 11 years ago Mario came into the 3D world and completely defined 3D platforming for the next decade or so. Wonderful. Sunshine came along and it was a bit crap, so let's ignore that. Now we have Super Mario Galaxy, which totally redefines the 3D platform experience once again.

Really I could go on for pages and pages about how this has, in the for time it's been out, topped the list of the best games I've ever played, but I won't. Instead I urge you all to try the shining gem in the puddle of slop and shovelware that is the Wii software lineup. I've never come across a game so focused, yet invented. Never has a game constantly left a big grin on my face from when I get into it and right the way through.

So, anyone else loving this?

(The opening was a nice big fanservice, but bloody boring I felt. Other than that, 10/10)

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
As a matter of fact, today at EB Games that had a working Wii 8DD. I played a bit of it... but Mario kept on falling off of the level D8. lol I suck at using the wii >: .

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I played through the Terrace for a while. I only got to do two of the stars, but I really liked it! its a lot of fun and it isn't hard to get used to the controls. It feels somewhat like Mario 64. I just went through and attempted all the old moves I knew from that game and they were all done in basically the same way. Easy to handle.

The game is a lot of fun from what I've played so far. Unfortunately, I don't own it. <_<

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I played through the Terrace for a while. I only got to do two of the stars, but I really liked it! its a lot of fun and it isn't hard to get used to the controls. It feels somewhat like Mario 64. I just went through and attempted all the old moves I knew from that game and they were all done in basically the same way. Easy to handle.

The game is a lot of fun from what I've played so far. Unfortunately, I don't own it. <_<

Hmm... I'm also thinking the reason I didn't do well is because.:

A.) the Wii there was broken (which is usually the case).

or

B.) It was on demo mode. XD!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I think/hope Im getting it for X-mas.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I think/hope Im getting it for X-mas.

Me too.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I actually caved and bought a copy today. XD It's soooo PRETTY! At last I understand why the worry about releasing JOD same time as this one. Gorgeous, fun, hilarious, you know what I mean!

I haven't really played per se - I've been the helpful second player while my youngest sister's romped through the levels. That girl's a Mario prodigy! We're already in the second observatory! Of course, that could be 'cause we've been playing nonstop for a few hours.. ^_^;;

The Lumas are FREAKIN CUTE. *3*

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I just remembered another point of frothing-happy-fangirlish-yayness: orchestral music!! ^____^

*scurries off to play again*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I left my remotes miles away in Essex, now I'm home I can't play. Withdrawal am go. ^_^

Loving this game so, so much though. It's much, much better than I was expecting (and I was expecting the best game ever =P). Really worth checking out, even if you're not a Mario fan. Nothing compares to doing a running z jump around a cluster of planetoids and watching the gravity go crazy.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
The game is incredible, and it certainly deserves the props that it is getting. The fact that it has surpassed OoT in terms of reviews is actually a good thing, as I think that OoT is definitely not the best game of all time. Even for its time, it did not quite equal a few of the excellent 2D games from the SNES (specifically, Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG, for which I will never take any criticism as less than a personal attack. :D )

According to this lowly Zelda fan, there is no better Zelda game than Majora's Mask, and no better game than Mario RPG. Galaxy and the lumas may dethrone RPG and Geno. Still, it's way too early to tell at this point.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
it is mindfucking amazing and Im about 71 stars in. I loved it so much so far I started a whole second file just to relive it again. I refuse to beat bowser yet. I want to savor this game.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I feel so left out :o

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Yeah, this game is awesome and has a lot of replay value. No matter how many times you beat it, you'll keep wanting to go back for more. Some of the levels are absolutely ingenious, too.

And for those who have played it, do you get the slight hint of NiGHTS when you're blasting from planet to planet?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Yeah, this game is awesome and has a lot of replay value. No matter how many times you beat it, you'll keep wanting to go back for more. Some of the levels are absolutely ingenious, too.

And for those who have played it, do you get the slight hint of NiGHTS when you're blasting from planet to planet?

YES>

I can honestly say that Mario Galaxy's level design and art style and gameplay leaves me with a similar whimsical feeling I have not felt since playing NID. Its really that great of a game I feel. Its nowhere near the same feeling as playing NiGHTS, since the acrobatics and stuff is so different, but the overall atmosphere and dreaminess is NiGHTsy.
And...theres one thing you can unlock in the game that is much more NiGHTSy I think you guys will discover this and know what Im talking about when you play it :lol:

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Would someone mind explaining the regular ending to me? Didn't make much sense. -_-

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I love this game so much. I wish I could play it now. Thank God it just came out so I still have a chance. I've played it over my aunt's house. It was a great experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users