Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So. Wizeman. (spoilers ahoy)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Anyone else think that Wizeman decimated any other villain in terms of awesomeness in JoD?

Because I do. I cant find the words to say how awesome he was. And I know quite a few words.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Awesome on a stick. His hands were incredibly scary though... O.o

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
You make me happy. GOOO WIZEMAN!
Can you tell me how his battle is when you get to it, if you haven't already? *___* *MUST KNOW*

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
I had a severe case of Deja Vu in this battle. But it beat the original out by miles! I kept forgetting about my personas... I'll have an easier time when I get to him with Helen I think. XD

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
i NEED to know how it was. The intrigue is killing me inside.
Is the music good at least? :C

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food
Ffff. His boss fight was trippy, but awesomesauce. I can't find words to describe it, either, hah.

Is the music good at least? :C

Yesss.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
BEST D'FORCE MASTER REMIX EVAR.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
(probably going to get shot for this...)

ok... Wizeman was AWESOME... his music was pure badass... it had a demented kind of feel to it, i loved it. It sounded just like his original theme, only its revamped and sounds more serious and intense. they managed to sneak some snippets from his original theme in there, and i loved that too.

It was VERY climactic in my opinion... when he gets ready to attack you, he taunts you and says things like "YOU ARE JUST A CREATION..." or something like that... pretty cinematic...
the way you fight him is reminiscent to the first, but different... very nicely done...

However, the only thing in his fight that disappointed me, was the difficulty... i know some people may have a harder time, but for me, once i figured out what to do, it was just far too easy... he attacks in 3 different ways... and takes 3 hits... yep... first try... definitely left me wanting more... but thats just me...
(i think im TOO good at this game... i mean for gods sake i got an "B" on Bomamba, hard version, second try...)

To me, the final boss battle is very crucial and it should be anything but easy...
i really wish they had given him more hits, and more methods of attacking you...

but overall, it was very epic... and thats what saved it from being bad in my opinion...

(god i keep repeating myself...)

i could have gone into more detail but i don't wanna spill all the beans...

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

You make me happy. GOOO WIZEMAN!
Can you tell me how his battle is when you get to it, if you haven't already? *___* *MUST KNOW*

There are videos of Wizeman, Reala and the final level floating around youtube now. You can check them out there in detail I guess :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Wizeman is kinda easy after you get the hang of it. He is the ONLY boss I have been able to pull a 2.0 on in this entire game. His voice did suit him quite well and I was very proud of the way he talked and what he said. He acted the way I always imagined him to act.

The boss battle? Thre is an underwater tornado that you must go through in dolphin form. THen there is a point with a vortex and you need the Dragon form for that. Then there is a point where he duplicates him self and puts them all in front of him. The real Wizeman is very very far away. There are rocks and lava rocks shooting up and you need the rocket mask for this part.

I also like how he acted and what he said in the normal ending. The ending with C and above cut this out and changed everything.

Reala's battle dissapoints me though. I wanted to paraloop him again, not play catch.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
He was incredible. Prebattle quote was just awesome:

"I'll show you the power of the God. Now, receive my judgment."

And then light starts swarming into his halo thing. It was great.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Wizeman is, fittingly, the greatest boss in the games. You really need to be on your toes with the personas. His speech to NiGHTS before the battle was quite memorable, and it made the whole game worthwhile.

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
<3 it's too awesome to hear that about Wizzy. I was hoping that! i can't wait for the music C: all of this makes me feel worse tough, as i'm not having the game. but is not that bad :3
Even if i can't find those youtube videos >:0 *searchs better*

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Spoiler

Someone pinch me and tell me i'm dreaming... I can't be awake. This is too surreal. I can't... be awake.

P.S. I want the soundtrack!!!

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food

Spoiler

Someone pinch me and tell me i'm dreaming... I can't be awake. This is too surreal. I can't... be awake.

You're dreaming >:3

Naw, but, that's a good reaction, right? I sure got the feeling of nostalgia, even just in the scenes he was in.

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Spoiler

... OH. MY.
NOWORDS. REALLY.

except i want the soundtrack too :3

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
I haven't seen the video all the way through yet. (Have to load the rest up tomorrow.) But, at least I know now why people where complaining about the voice acting. Good God. It's not the voices themselves, it's just rhe way they pronounce Ideya, the fake accents, and the cheesy lines. (The first I blame the Voice Director for, the third I blame the writers for. The second is the only thing I blame the actors for, since they obviously haven't watched any recent British shows, so they haven't realised that the British sound different than they did 200 years ago..)

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I haven't seen the video all the way through yet. (Have to load the rest up tomorrow.) But, at least I know now why people where complaining about the voice acting. Good God. It's not the voices themselves, it's just rhe way they pronounce Ideya, the fake accents, and the cheesy lines. (The first I blame the Voice Director for, the third I blame the writers for. The second is the only thing I blame the actors for, since they obviously haven't watched any recent British shows, so they haven't realised that the British sound different than they did 200 years ago..)

I know how you feel but instead of taking it negatively enjoy how funny it turned out. And what are the odds of Wizeman being done better then NiGHTS and Reala? I HATE the lower/slowered voice that EVERYONE gives Wizeman but HEY Enjoy the fact they call him and refer to him as a God and the fact he created nightmaren with parts of his own soul. Enjoy the fact Reala sounds like a Disney villain. Enjoy nights terrible voice acting and how you can mix it in with merry poppins sometime.
Have fun with it to the best of your extent because the game is supposed to before the fans... so even if it hit the fan, try and enjoy it cause that’s what is meant to be done. A game is to be enjoyed... and even though I hate just about everything in this game I've witnessed so far, I can also love it all because it can be amusing.
[/lecture]

And even though a few days ago I felt just the same as you do, I started to realize it's gonna suck more and more if I keep finding reasons to hate it... so instead I started finding reasons to enjoy it, even if it means laughing at it. Everyone laughed at Archie and thus made it enjoyable, why can't JOD be the same way?

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I looooooooove Wizeman. The way they scripted him is just like how I imagined him.
And the redesign they gave him is so cool looking. His little throneroom thing is kinda underwhelming though (how does he even sit in that throne? It's way small... o_0 he just kinda stands in front of it all the time I guess)

I kinda wish he was harder though. he may even be the easiest of the bosses... which is very strange indeed. I was hoping for a more epic fight. :[

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Looking at the cast list, I think Wizeman just might be voiced by Roger Jackson, the man who voiced MojoJojo on the Powerpuff Girls, among many other things, which may explain why Wizeman is voiced so perfectly (and also vaguely familiar).

I failed at him like, five times until I remembered that this game has the Rocket and Dragon Persona Masks. (doi.)

On a side note, I think it's hilarious how Will's 'accent' comes and goes. They might as well just made him American. I mean, really.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
^Really?

...man. Now I'm suffering from crossover images. NiGHTS in an epic battle with Mojo Jojo, whilst Wizeman pwns...whatever city that is.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
According to his IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413996/ , he's done a good few voices in games, apparently.. no one's added his work as Wizeman yet..

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...

...man. Now I'm suffering from crossover images. NiGHTS in an epic battle with Mojo Jojo, whilst Wizeman pwns...whatever city that is.

Townsville.

...................Dear god that's mildly disturbing.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I forgot to say, I found 2x NiGHTS' pre-Wizeman-battle Power Ranger style karate chop poses to be hilarious...

And the thumbs up. XD god the cutscenes in this game are so ridiculous sometimes, it's so funny.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
They need a Official Wizeman Wallpaper (Reala too)...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Well, tomorrow is Christmas so I can see for myself soon. *looks around to see if my mother is a member of these boards* *breathes in relief*
I told you all about my mother's obsession with surprises, right? Yeah, I did. Multiple times. So it is VITAL that I act surprised. Or as surprised as I can as someone who's known about this gift for weeks....

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Wizeman is the ZOMG. I didn't mind going back to that bloody level so often because of that whole scene/plot development/fight!
Spoiler
And yes, the DBZ poses are just hilarious!

His voice.. and the music.... MAN. Whenever the fight starts up, I just get the sense that.... oh yeah, this is THE FIGHT. Even if it is kinda easy, but eleven years' practice'll do that! :lol:

....... GWARGH I'mma go fight him again soon. After family Christmas Eve gathering. :3

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

His voice.. and the music.... MAN. Whenever the fight starts up, I just get the sense that.... oh yeah, this is THE FIGHT.

I LOVE the music too! OH YEA! Sega did something good~

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Spoiler

HOLYSHNIKESMUFFINPANTS. That was soooo awesomecakes. That was like, a muffinkabob. With super-awesome sauce. Holy Shnikes Muffin Pants.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

He was incredible. Prebattle quote was just awesome:

"I'll show you the power of the God. Now, receive my judgment."

And then light starts swarming into his halo thing. It was great.

I was like 'O_O' when he said that. XD
Wizeman is a whole new level of frightful in this game.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
I just have to put this input in right now...

Wizeman is putting himself on a pretty high pedestal now isn't he? Referring to himself as a god and all that. @_@;;; Still love that fight though.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Yes I thought that was a bit presumptuous of him at first too, but I thought about it...

He created Nightmare, the marens that populate it, and NiGHTS and Reala, two beings with free will... that makes him a god, I suppose. Not a very nice one to his creations, but still, he's a creator. Made me a bit taken aback.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

I LOVE the music too! OH YEA! Sega did something good~

Oh my god... O_______O!! *spazz* I LOVE THIS! Dude, this may well be the best part of JoD.

That's it, I'm importing this sucker. It's MINE. <3

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Yes I thought that was a bit presumptuous of him at first too, but I thought about it...

He created Nightmare, the marens that populate it, and NiGHTS and Reala, two beings with free will... that makes him a god, I suppose. Not a very nice one to his creations, but still, he's a creator. Made me a bit taken aback.

I believe that might make him more 'playing God' than an actual god.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
No, the thing is that many, MANY villains have compared themselves to a god before. Not once have I heard them say that they were the God. That's when it hits you that Wizeman basically is God in the world of dreams.

Too bad he's still easy to beat, but the atmosphere of the battle is the greatest. Besides, I've always loved elemental magic.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I LOOOOVED HIS BATTLE! It was pretty easy, but seeing as how it's just like the original and we've pretty much played that sucker to bits it might be more challenging for new fans. He was scripted perfectly, major ego and makes it look scary and good. His throne room, I find it awesome, it has this Greek Temple feel to it. But I kinda wished that SEGA but more attacks on 'im. Like something only non-persona NiGHTS can do. Or to make this battle even more epic and difficult THE KIDS! Music is total pwnage, I WANT THE OST NOW! And I love his stage, makes me a little disoriented like the chameleon, but that's a good thing.

EDIT: I also found the PR stances very amusing, I would've done that too though, being the dork that I am! :P

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Wizeman = AWESOME. TT_TT Words cannot express how fishing much I love that guy.

His music literally blew me away... wow. That is some gorgeous stuff. Give it a listen if you haven't yet.

And his voice! <3 Is it just me, or did anyone else get flashbacks to the Overmind from Starcraft? ^^;

Even so, my respect and amazement for the big guy just multiplied by 9000. Honestly.

Plus he looks fishing amazing. 8D

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
About the God thing... I can just imagine a pile of religious groups stabbing this poor game in the face.....

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition

About the God thing... I can just imagine a pile of religious groups stabbing this poor game in the face.....

XD Oh dear heavens. That would'nt be very good!

You're right, though, many people take heavy offense at "god figures" in games. I'm religious myself, but have no problem with it. Hey, it's the default term, and besides Wizeman fits the bill in his world. It's nothing to get too hyped over.

But yeah, try telling that to the fanatics! ^^;

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Nah. Lots of games have a "fighting against God" theme. I've never seen any of them get any attention from crazy fundies. NiGHTS is pretty mild in that area compared to MANY games. XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users