Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Moriarty's Content

There have been 43 items by Moriarty (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7832 Worst Nightmare

Posted by Moriarty on 19 June 2007 - 05:34 AM in Dream Discussion

The worst dream that I can remember is from about a year ago. I was working on a computer virus to infect the machines at my bank. For some reason, I wanted to get them back for financially sleighting me somehow, so I was going to prepare a simple virus to draw funds into my account a la "Office Space".

The virus went into the bank, and I went to bed (in the middle of my dream, mind you). I don't recall having a dream within a dream, but I did "wake up" the next day to go see how much money was awaiting me in my account, when I noticed that cars were packed on the interstate, desperately trying to flee, with air raid sirens blaring in the distance.

I turned on the television to find out what on earth was going on. My virus had somehow reached the Pentagon, and set off the first strike alarms, automatically prompting a real launch. The missles were already in the air. The world was at full-scale nuclear war, and it was all my fault because I was angry over losing a few dollars.

The dream ended with a bright flash.

#11764 Who is your favourite comicbook character

Posted by Moriarty on 18 August 2007 - 02:34 PM in Community Corner

Rorschach.

A short, smelly, poor, ugly little man with a black-and-white moral perspective and psychological complexes a-plenty, surrounded by a world that loathes him, and he becomes the terror of the underworld. Batman's got nothing on him.

#12052 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Moriarty on 21 August 2007 - 06:10 AM in Community Corner

Bad Religion - Infected

#11936 Top 10 Fav Artists

Posted by Moriarty on 20 August 2007 - 12:46 AM in Community Corner

I can't really rank them or come up with a favorite ten. I enjoy all of my music, and my "favorites" depend on the mood I'm in. Here are a bunch of the artists I enjoy, in no particular order.

The Police
Bad Religion
Incubus
Pink Floyd
Zeromancer
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Faith No More
Pearl Jam
The Pillows
Gorillaz
Prodigy
Fiona Apple
Dave Brubeck
Spyro Gyra
Ryan Farish
Nightwish
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

and plenty of others.

#8413 Should there be voice acting in the sequel?

Posted by Moriarty on 30 June 2007 - 09:46 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Only if it's bloody good. Same for the game in general.

#8455 Selph image

Posted by Moriarty on 01 July 2007 - 06:19 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There exists nothing of the sort, sorry. The only trace of Selph in the game (assuming it's not just the AI that runs the other NiGHTS during the Wizeman fight), is a single listing of the name in a data file.

#8650 Release parties? \(^-^)/

Posted by Moriarty on 04 July 2007 - 02:08 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So either we get slightly tipsy or we all turn into alcoholics ;)

I can see it in my mind already.

Person X: "1.3 on the firsttthhh boss? YOU SSSSSSSUCK!" *hic*

Person Y: "Aw yeaaaaah? Your mooom dude. is soooooooo fat dude, she couldn't fit in Puffy's clothes!"

Person X: "SSSHUT UP YOU HOMO" *throws empty vodka bottle at Person Y*

Person Z: "Hey guuuuyyyssss when is it my turn to play, man?"

Persons X and Y: "SHUT THE HELL UP"

Everyone else: "Hey l- l- leave him alone, he just wantttth to *hic* play! What about us anyways?"

*old fashioned irish pub-style fight breaks out. no survivors.*

Yes, probably wisest to keep this hypothetical gathering dry.

#10911 Reala's Voice Actor

Posted by Moriarty on 10 August 2007 - 11:32 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah-nuld.

#10023 RAINBOW HAAA 8D

Posted by Moriarty on 05 August 2007 - 12:32 AM in Creative Stuff!

Please sir, may I have some more?

#11919 PS3 and X-Box 360 Games

Posted by Moriarty on 19 August 2007 - 08:47 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Erm, what?

I echo that sentiment. Why on earth does it matter which console it comes out for, as long as it's actually a decent game? What you're essentially saying is that if a NiGHTS game is made for the 360 or PS3, then it's automatically some blasphemous slap in the face to Yuji Naka simply because it has good graphics; or that it's some great betrayal to the fans for a NiGHTS game to be on anything other than Wii.

That, my friend, is a heaping load of bovine excrement. Take your Nintendo fanaticism down a notch or nine, for god sakes. I don't care what platform a NiGHTS game is for, as long as it's enjoyable and true to the original.

#10435 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by Moriarty on 08 August 2007 - 03:32 AM in Dream Discussion

Dunes of gray-white sand as far as the eye can see, with oases of teal-green water dotted about here and there, under a black night sky with a bright half-moon surrounded by gray clouds. A great white desert. Not very colorful or elaborate, but peaceful. I feel like I could stay there forever.

#13272 NiGHTS's Age

Posted by Moriarty on 26 August 2007 - 08:48 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Is time in the dream world entirely linear? Is time a fabrication of the dreamer? There's a lot we don't know.

#12825 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 06:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hm, not terribly impressed with the voice. I always thought a cooler, more subdued, and less feminine tone would suit him/her/it better. As others have stated though, it could be so much worse. As for the music, I can't make it out in great detail, but I like what I hear. Not too far off from what we're used to.

#10410 NiGHTS Voice Actor...

Posted by Moriarty on 08 August 2007 - 02:07 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

*suddenly gets mental images of NiGHTS yelling 'THIS IS WHO I AM' and 'DAMN FOURTH IDEYA' with Shadow's voice*

Dear Sega,
I've got the launch codes ready and my finger on the button. Start worrying.

Love,
Moriarty.

#10015 NiGHTS Speed

Posted by Moriarty on 04 August 2007 - 10:46 PM in Creative Stuff!

they could transform into hyper/super NiGHTS and Reala. That would be awesome.

No it wouldn't. this isn't DBZ.

#7708 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Moriarty on 16 June 2007 - 01:58 AM in Poll Area

Hmm. Gillwing?

If he doesn't count or something, I'd say Jackle.

#7794 NiGHTS Beta Concepts

Posted by Moriarty on 18 June 2007 - 04:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Tucked away inside NiGHTS' game files, there are several lists of pointers. One of which is for boss data, with some rather interesting terms for the Nightmaren; plus an extra:

M1:FROGED-DRAGON (Gillwing)
M2:MRS.FATTY (Puffy)
M3:FIRE-CATS (Clawz)
M4:THE-REALA (Reala)
M5:MANTLE-MAN (Jackle)
M6:MONSTER-FISH (Gulpo)
M7:SELPH (????)
M8:WIZED-MAN (Wizeman)

Obviously, there's no boss by the name of "Selph" anywhere in the game. The entry for it points to all of Wizeman's data. It could be a removed boss. A theory that I have is that at one time, Twin Seeds had a boss for each child; or perhaps "Selph" was a Nightmaren for Twin Seeds, representing the evil and fear in the children themselves. I think this is possible because Twin Seeds is "The Growth", and in order for one to grow, they have to face the problems in themselves, hence the name Selph.

Regardless, I won't bore you with any more rampant speculation. We'll never really know what that bit of data is all about.

#10438 New info

Posted by Moriarty on 08 August 2007 - 03:47 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yes, rather getting someone who can do a good accent or someone who actually has one, they'll get someone that's like "Chazzwozzlers! I get a soddin blue chip in me bum! Of all the shite! Quite quite! Jolly good!"

I would laugh all day.

#11069 N:JoD Merchandise

Posted by Moriarty on 12 August 2007 - 10:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

There's no Gamestop in Sweden ;__; Dammit.

I'd mail you one, but the postage from here to Sweden would probably be ridiculous. Say, what kind of blasphemous country are you running over there that doesn't have a GameStop, anyway?

#11915 Lag? :(

Posted by Moriarty on 19 August 2007 - 08:23 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Slaughter time.

#8079 How do YOU Pronounce Reala?

Posted by Moriarty on 24 June 2007 - 02:03 AM in Poll Area

Ree-AL-uh. Like Lavos, I see a connection between him and reality.

Same.

#9411 How do i fly in my dreams

Posted by Moriarty on 10 July 2007 - 03:11 PM in Dream Discussion

One time during one of my first few lucid dreams, I tried to fly... and tried... ...and tried, yet no matter how much I willed it to happen, my feet never left the ground. Eventually, I got annoyed at my own lack of willpower and placed myself in a fly-or-die situation. I went to the roof of a five story apartment building, and I jumped with the full intent of flying. Just before I hit the ground, I swooped up. So if you ever find yourself having a problem with control, you need to place yourself in a situation where the control becomes a need instead of a desire.

It gets easier. I've developed the ability to fly, move objects (no bigger than a car, so far), and I've been able to transfigure things, people, and even entire rooms. When I get a lucid dream these days, I tend to focus on changing the entire landscape, for instance, changing New York into a cruise ship at sea. So far, I've had little luck, but I am getting better. My eventual goal is to gain complete and infallible control of everything in my lucid dreams -- and with practice, I'm getting close. So will you, if you keep working.

#7732 Hello.

Posted by Moriarty on 16 June 2007 - 01:47 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello Moriarty, and welcome to the forums! If you need anything, just contact me, Icachan or any of our lovely mods.

Your username wouldn't happen to refer to a professor Moriarty, would it? ^_^

Interests/Likes: Writing, astronomy, meteorology, psychology, video games, computer science, italian food, mystery and action films, baseball, poker, dogs/wolves, villains of screenplay and literature, Ouroboros and the study of futility, cloudy weather and storms, and whatever else catches my attention.

You must stand clear, Mr. Holmes, or be trodden underfoot.

#7706 Hello.

Posted by Moriarty on 16 June 2007 - 01:25 AM in Introduce Yourself

Moriarty here. Been following the site's progress and Trippy's art for a while, mostly just lurking around waiting for the next tidbit of Journey of Dreams news. I finally decided to join the forums and make my presence known, so here I am.

Information:

Male
Age 19

Interests/Likes: Writing, astronomy, meteorology, psychology, video games, computer science, italian food, mystery and action films, baseball, poker, dogs/wolves, villains of screenplay and literature, Ouroboros and the study of futility, cloudy weather and storms, and whatever else catches my attention.

Dislikes: Lack of sleep, bright sunshine, hot weather, close-minded/stupid people, hunters, religious extremism, people who complain a lot, people with no appreciation for art or music, and general incompetence.

I like NiGHTS simply because I do. It's a very unique, smart, and artistic game that appeals to my tastes. Thus, playing it makes me happy. What more can I say?

See you around.

#8410 Hello.

Posted by Moriarty on 30 June 2007 - 06:52 AM in Introduce Yourself

X) I'm glad you joined up, thanks for having an interest in both NiGHTS and my art, it's apreciated.

Many thanks. Forgive me if you get this question a lot -- but are the works from your old DeviantArt ever going to available to look at somewhere else? Or are they already? They're all very nice, and definitely something I like to look at for inspiration when I attempt to draw (not that it helps since my drawing is horrid, but that's another issue altogether).