Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Beta Concepts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I was reading the ARTiCLES section on the main site last night, and I read through something that was covering the development of NiGHTS into Dreams... and listing things that were "going" to be in the game. Among these were:

Claris and Elliot's ability to Drill Dash (this may have been a misunderstanding on the part of the magazine)
"Giant" Claris (?)
NiGHTS' ability to hold his hand out and catch objects to make a U-Turn (this was employed slightly in Mystic Forest, but originally it was a player-controlled thing)
Specific Names for the Mares (Swamp of Temptation and Forest of Maze come to mind)

Also in the magazine, they made a HUGE deal out of the fact that NiGHTS could turn into a bobsled. I found this funny since it was a VERY SMALL part of the game. :)

I was wondering if any of you knew of any other things that were taken out, and any concepts you think might be taken out of JoD before it's release (such as the weather channel capability).

DiSCUSS, if that's possible.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Tucked away inside NiGHTS' game files, there are several lists of pointers. One of which is for boss data, with some rather interesting terms for the Nightmaren; plus an extra:

M1:FROGED-DRAGON (Gillwing)
M2:MRS.FATTY (Puffy)
M3:FIRE-CATS (Clawz)
M4:THE-REALA (Reala)
M5:MANTLE-MAN (Jackle)
M6:MONSTER-FISH (Gulpo)
M7:SELPH (????)
M8:WIZED-MAN (Wizeman)

Obviously, there's no boss by the name of "Selph" anywhere in the game. The entry for it points to all of Wizeman's data. It could be a removed boss. A theory that I have is that at one time, Twin Seeds had a boss for each child; or perhaps "Selph" was a Nightmaren for Twin Seeds, representing the evil and fear in the children themselves. I think this is possible because Twin Seeds is "The Growth", and in order for one to grow, they have to face the problems in themselves, hence the name Selph.

Regardless, I won't bore you with any more rampant speculation. We'll never really know what that bit of data is all about.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I remember reading that on Sonic cult. Except you have an additional educated opinion.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Maybe there's much more than the Selph thing. (Believe me, Moriarty, there's a whole big Selph topic floating around here somewhere. XD ) Interesting tidbits you guys got there. Got any more?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Purgatory, please don't let this turn into another Selph thread...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
There there, EZEKiAL. XD It'll all be okay...

*lol* Yyyeah, if anyone has any Selph theories, please stick them here: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//ind...67&hl=Selph

And try not to throw any chairs! :)

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Army man and a jetpack.

I'm sure I remember this being discussed as a pre-alpha concept on the old irc once.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

There there, EZEKiAL. XD It'll all be okay...

*lol* Yyyeah, if anyone has any Selph theories, please stick them here: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//ind...67&hl=Selph

And try not to throw any chairs! :)

*sigh* Thank you... *wipes tears*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users