Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS3 and X-Box 360 Games

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Didn't a great man once say 'I don't want to make another NiGHTS game just for the graphics?' Well, that's what they're doing if they DO make a NiGHTS games for these systems. Right, this may be my Nintendo-fan-boyism talking, but I mean...you want NiGHTS next to DOA Extreme Volleyball on the game shelves?? Sexy as this may be, I'd say no for my answer. I'm not talking about just a game, I'm talking about the legacy. Shouldn't SOMEBODY -points to Sega building- respect the man who brought us NiGHTS and NOT go back on his word? All who agree say I. =3

MissyZero

MissyZero

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Art, comics, games...etc etc etc.
I have to agree, why would they be doing this? You think they'd learn after Sonic the Hedgehog (nextgen) compared to Sonic and the Secret Rings. The former had nice graphic, but ho hum for me on the fun factor, while Sonic and the Secret Rings in my opinion, was MUCH better. (Weird voice acting, but it's forgivable...)

Hmmm...I'm really don't know what to think about NiGHTS for the other systems...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Plus they said they were waiting for a system like the Wii to implement what they truly wanted out of the NiGHTS game. If they go to another system it'd seem more like they just put a huge lie in our face. If that was the case they had might as well just put it on Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Erm, what?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I know there will be a new game for the PS3, but, I don't know what it's gonna even be like.

As long as the story and levels are different (and it's overall good in gameplay, etc), it's good enough to be called 'a sequel' for me :3.

Besides, people don't make new NiGHTS games for the graphics. It's for the money, of course :3. And the undeniable death-threats we've been giving SEGA for 11 years. *didn't just say that*

Edit: If they do make another NiGHTS game for the PS3, why would we be upset about that? It wouldn't be for graphics, especially because the graphics are practically the same. As long as it's not TOO MANY, I'm fine :3. I don't want NiGHTS to turn into Sonic :|. 'Quantity over the Quality' is a four-letter word (QOTQ). *SHOT*.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Nope, not a good idea. I'm completely against it. They should take their time making NiGHTS games for the Wii. In related news:
Posted Image

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Seriously, I am completely okay with NiGHTS getting a title on another console if it's done right.
All of this console favouritism is complete bull... if NiGHTS comes out on Wii and it's crap can you honestly say you wouldn't be curious to see if they'd do a better job on another console using a standard control setup like the original? Of course you would.
Hell, even if it does rock everyone's socks on the Wii I'd still be looking forward to (almost) any incarnation of our purple friend, even if it was on the PS3.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Seriously, I am completely okay with NiGHTS getting a title on another console if it's done right.
All of this console favouritism is complete bull... if NiGHTS comes out on Wii and it's crap can you honestly say you wouldn't be curious to see if they'd do a better job on another console using a standard control setup like the original? Of course you would.
Hell, even if it does rock everyone's socks on the Wii I'd still be looking forward to (almost) any incarnation of our purple friend, even if it was on the PS3.

I'm agreeing with you 100%, Sai :3.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Erm, what?

I echo that sentiment. Why on earth does it matter which console it comes out for, as long as it's actually a decent game? What you're essentially saying is that if a NiGHTS game is made for the 360 or PS3, then it's automatically some blasphemous slap in the face to Yuji Naka simply because it has good graphics; or that it's some great betrayal to the fans for a NiGHTS game to be on anything other than Wii.

That, my friend, is a heaping load of bovine excrement. Take your Nintendo fanaticism down a notch or nine, for god sakes. I don't care what platform a NiGHTS game is for, as long as it's enjoyable and true to the original.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

I echo that sentiment. Why on earth does it matter which console it comes out for, as long as it's actually a decent game? What you're essentially saying is that if a NiGHTS game is made for the 360 or PS3, then it's automatically some blasphemous slap in the face to Yuji Naka simply because it has good graphics; or that it's some great betrayal to the fans for a NiGHTS game to be on anything other than Wii.

That, my friend, is a heaping load of bovine excrement. Take your Nintendo fanaticism down a notch or nine, for god sakes. I don't care what platform a NiGHTS game is for, as long as it's enjoyable and true to the original.

It has more to do with the fact that it would utterly flop on the 360/Ps3. As it is Im not even sure it would sell on the Wii, but putting it on the other two would guarantee it would get overlooked. It doesnt have that "next gen flair".
AS it is, Were still trying to have faith in Sega getting a sequel right. why would you want the specialness of this game to go the way of sonic with sequel after sequel? Id buy a version on xbox360 too but not many others would.
And like osme people said, it took 11 years and some very good consoles came and went with NOTHING NiGHTS related. so why would they suddenly bring out a game thats super colorful and as many hardcore gamers label it "gay" on the HD consoles if it wont be appreciated simply because it isnt realistic?

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

It has more to do with the fact that it would utterly flop on the 360/Ps3. As it is Im not even sure it would sell on the Wii, but putting it on the other two would guarantee it would get overlooked. It doesnt have that "next gen flair".
AS it is, Were still trying to have faith in Sega getting a sequel right. why would you want the specialness of this game to go the way of sonic with sequel after sequel? Id buy a version on xbox360 too but not many others would.
And like osme people said, it took 11 years and some very good consoles came and went with NOTHING NiGHTS related. so why would they suddenly bring out a game thats super colorful and as many hardcore gamers label it "gay" on the HD consoles if it wont be appreciated simply because it isnt realistic?

If it was a port of JoD, it would probably flop. If they built something from scratch for either the 360 or P3 though, i'm sure it would fair better since it would be tailored to the graphical capabilities of those systems. As for realism, when has that ever mattered? Some of the biggest hits have been way beyond the realm of realism...

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I don't think they should because lets just say the game sucks even for the Wii, if they go to PS3 and 360 to try and get themselves out of the grave they dug themselves in, they would only loose more money because of the enhanced graphics they would need to buff up to. Because if the game sucked its probably because of the voice acting, storyline or something. The reason or answer dosen't always have to be graphics, I don't believe that graphics make the game so what good other than that would benefit the game by putting it on these consoles? I mean, Wii is perfect for NiGHTS, obviously because of the Wiimote that NiGHTS can take full advantage to (Doing tricks, loops and suck) Its almost like downgrading to take that control away form the player.

Another reason is, they didn't put Sonic the Hedgehog on Wii, why should JoD be on 360/PS3, it wouldn't be fair!
This reason is obviously a joke, but still >_> lol.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I will only be mad if it is a completly different game. Like with the next gen SOnic I am upset I don't have the money to buy two new systems so that I can play two different games. During the last era every Sonic game was the same and I was content with a PS2 (granted loading for anything other than FMV highly graphical CGI movie took forever to load and SOnic Heroes 2 player ran like 5 frames at a time), and then I would play SA2B and SADX on my boyfriends gamecube. However this is not the case anymore. I know Sonic next gen sucks compared to the Wii Sonic but I don't care. I want to play and have it anyways because I am that obsessed. Its the same reason I played and own Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heoes. (However I got Sonic Heroes when it when down to $20 and Shadow was a Christmas gift.)

But more than likely the game for the 360 and PS3 will be different due to the different controls. But like someone said earlier, it would really defeat the purpose of the new NiGHTS game if they made another one for a system that is not the Wii and will not simulate flying in a whole new way.

Now I must continue my Art History study...wooo....

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
To be fair, the Sixaxis controller could probably create an experience similar to the Wii version... if the latter is controlled by holding the Wii-mote sideways. That said, I think that the Wii-mote has far more possibilities, especially with the Nunchuk.

Furthermore, NiGHTS should be as accessible as possible. The last game was released for the clear loser in that generation's console war (not that there was a choice, but still) and sold relatively poorly. Releasing JoD on the current front-runner is a good way to keep from making that mistake again. Also, the Wii is already more accessible than its rivals, due to its consistently smaller price tag.

Making JoD Wii-exclusive was a good move.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
Fanboys/girls =P

In all seriousness, I have both a 360, and a Wii...I love both of my systems, and have had a great time catching up on several of the old games of each precedessors...I actually loved the idea of a "High-Def" NiGHTS, as the original looks lovely even in 480progressive-scan glory (although, obviously a bit blocky)

Besides...imagine the achievements you can have for a game like NiGHTS... (Hey I still love the Dead Rising ones I earned, lol)

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Fanboys/girls =P

In all seriousness, I have both a 360, and a Wii...I love both of my systems, and have had a great time catching up on several of the old games of each precedessors...I actually loved the idea of a "High-Def" NiGHTS, as the original looks lovely even in 480progressive-scan glory (although, obviously a bit blocky)

Besides...imagine the achievements you can have for a game like NiGHTS... (Hey I still love the Dead Rising ones I earned, lol)

The problem is in the control.

The guys at Sonic Team obviously want a new way of controlling NiGHTS, which involves motion control. Of the three major consoles, the XBox 360 is the only one with no degree whatsoever of motion control. However, the Wii was built around the concept, which makes it the most viable home for JoD.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!

The problem is in the control.

The guys at Sonic Team obviously want a new way of controlling NiGHTS, which involves motion control. Of the three major consoles, the XBox 360 is the only one with no degree whatsoever of motion control. However, the Wii was built around the concept, which makes it the most viable home for JoD.

I agree, to a certain extent..however...I see another avenue that they could foreseeably go if they did infact make somesort of 'NiGHTS' game with X360/PS3..as either a 'remake' via xbox live arcade/PSN of the original (and that way, keep the 'traditional' analogue controls intact...), or, something involving what Wii seems to lack (at the moment...and esp. of the X360 side of things)...an internet feature.

Like I said, these are simply ideas...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Fanboys/girls =P

Fanboy. See, I can do it too. :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Fanboys/girls =P

Would be interesting to see NiGHTS eyes in super High-Def. Then we would be able to see the really shiny and glosssy eyes so bright and detailed that it would make our eyes bleed. Maybe then we would also be a able to tell what color NiGHTS eyes really are too. Are they purple, blue, or both. Like the licks to the tootsie pop...the world may never know.

Then people would have nosebleeds over NiGHTS detailed butt which seems to stick out quite a bit. Don't ask me how I noticed these things I just do.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Fanboys/girls =P

Im going to have a 360 within 2 years too but honestly NiGHTS doesnt seem to fit the 360 or its userbase.
Although the achievements is a good point. but I agree with whoever said NiGHTS into Dreams on XBLA. now THAT is a good idea.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Fanboy. See, I can do it too. ^_^

It's is nothing personal...please understand...I would have all 3 systems, if the PS3 had more than 3 games I want right now, and didn't cost the money that both my other systems cost.

So, truce? =P

Also @ Yami: Actually, I know other people would also love to see a high-def NiGHTS body, lol

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Also @ Yami: Actually, I know other people would also love to see a high-def NiGHTS behind, lol

SCREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ;) That's the scariest thing I've heard all day.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

SCREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ;) That's the scariest thing I've heard all day.

*EDITS*

Well, didn't mean to imply innuendo...but in retrospect, I do realize what I said could be interrpreted that way, lol. Nonetheless...my friend Nichole is fascinated with NiGHTS to the above point (although she has the same feelings for Ulala, and other characters as well...weird.)

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Also @ Yami: Actually, I know other people would also love to see a high-def NiGHTS body, lol

Please don't bring them onto this board.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

::Slowly paces away:: ;)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I like the High Def idea but I don't have a high def tv at all. In fact this poll makes me not feel so left out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2838

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

TOO LATE. XDDDD;;; .

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I like the High Def idea but I don't have a high def tv at all. In fact this poll makes me not feel so left out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2838

Could we please not get into this whole HD debate? I've debated about this on other boards and trust me when I say that we don't want to go there. Not here.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Could we please not get into this whole HD debate? I've debated about this on other boards and trust me when I say that we don't want to go there. Not here.

Cool what board is it. I'm just interested in reading it no debates here :P

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Cool what board is it. I'm just interested in reading it no debates here :lol:

*sigh* If you insist. The board belongs to my patron TF producer, Don Murphy. This is where I hung out for so long in preparation for the Transformers movie.

Now, back on topic...

*thinks* I don't know how to get back on topic. Could someone help me out please?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

*EDITS*

Well, didn't mean to imply innuendo...but in retrospect, I do realize what I said could be interrpreted that way, lol. Nonetheless...my friend Nichole is fascinated with NiGHTS to the above point (although she has the same feelings for Ulala, and other characters as well...weird.)

thats ok. Ulala is fuckin hot.
:lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
First of all, we aren't even sure if JoD is that good. But really, I don't think that putting NiGHTS onto other consoles is bad at all. Just because the graphics might be better doesn't detract at all from the game, and I for one am not worried that players will shift focus from the gameplay to how it looks. In fact, expanding the game to other console will help increase the fan base. For example, because NiGHTS was only on the Sega Saturn (which as we all know basically went down the toilet) the game didn't sell well and was relegated to cult classic status. Now that the NiGHTS franchise has the opportunity to expand to new gamers, I believe that expansion is really the only way to make NiGHTS a recognizable feature in the hearts and minds of gamers around the world. :lol:

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

I believe that expansion is really the only way to make NiGHTS a recognizable feature in the hearts and minds of gamers around the world. :P

Either that or the 360/PS3 people will start calling NiGHTS a cross-dressing pansy...Or gay. Whichever. I just don't like
graphics wh0res.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Either that or the 360/PS3 people will start calling NiGHTS a cross-dressing pansy...Or gay. Whichever. I just don't like
graphics wh0res.

Well, there are always going to gaming 'tards, so I'm just gonna ignore them and enjoy a game that actually has some character to it.

sharky

sharky

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:SEGA Games/Consoles.
I buy consoles for games not games for consoles.. I don't mind which console NiGHTS is on as long as its one that I can afford.

That said, screw Nintendo and Microsoft, NiGHTS for a SEGA Console! :P :lol:

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Either that or the 360/PS3 people will start calling NiGHTS a cross-dressing pansy...Or gay.

Because people with microsoft or sony consoles only like 'hardcore' games. Yep. <_<

A GOOD 360/PS3 NiGHTS game would be just fine. There's nothing wrong with having really nice graphics if the gameplay is solid. Console wars are really lame.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

graphics wh0res.

they already do.

Any thread about NiGHTS2 on Neogaf just gets attacked mercilessly.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

they already do.

Any thread about NiGHTS2 on Neogaf just gets attacked mercilessly.

Over the graphics... you forgot to add that part.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
If NiGHTS is on ANY other console, I'll bet you a cookie and blue chips that it will NOT sell well. The group who will buy this game are NOT going to spend $400-600 on a videogame console...just think about it.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
You mean NiGHTS is for poor people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users