Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

How do i fly in my dreams

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
I know this topic seem's extremly strange, but i wish i knew how to fly in my dreams, because i've been having these weird dream's lately that i'm running and the ground alway's open's up and i really try so bad to fly but i just can't, and i end up waking up before i fall to deep into the dark void, i even close my eye's in the dreams and tell myself i can fly but it just dosen't work, and this dream is really startin to creep me out!, i think once i just figure out how to fly it will all be over, if you have any idea's let me know.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I think there's a page on this. Check the first post of "Dream moods" for a link.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
From someone who is decent at flying in dreams yet awful at landing, let me give you some tips.

1. Start small by trying to float-skip or run fast and skim the ground. When you learn to do this it's easier to gain altitude and actualy go UPWARDS which is generaly what flying entails and not eating grass instead.

2. Imagine a solid area on your underside that is magneticaly propelling you from the ground. Try standing in a dream and pushing yourself up off the ground with your hands. Think 'levitation' rather than flying.

3. Do whatever you can to convince your brain you are indeed flying, even if you have to resort to tacky stuff like being superman, sitting on a flying carpet or flapping your arms about like a bird. It gets easier.

4. If you overconcentrate on the horizon while flying high up it can distort and make you land on a minature version of the land below XD; Sometimes for me my brain doesnt generate world fast enough... i have brain clipping *snort* Concentrate on flying and moving, and less on what is around you.

5. Jumping off stuff tends to just result in falling. Try running on flat ground and taking off.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Jump off a building.

I'm just kidding! :D But that dream does sound like there's something that's supposed to be happening there.. do you know what's going on in the dream, as you're having it? Maybe lucidity has something to do with your not being able to fly. Maybe you have to try and realize you have to take off before the ground opens up.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Here's a nice little secret about dream control in general. It's piss easy.

If you think you're going to fly, you will.

Simple.

If there's doubt in your mind it'll be harder, but believe in yourself! (nice and corny)

Really. It works.

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
XD Trip, you make me laugh. Brain clippings. ha.

yeah, it just takes a lot of concentration and awarness. i'm still stuck on skimming the ground. the first time i found out how to do that was a dream where i thought i was bubbles from the powerpuff girls. XD Also, i tried to hang-glide in a dream and it was pretty much the same as flying. Very fun practice on learning how to act like you're on something that's propelling you forward.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

If there's doubt in your mind it'll be harder, but believe in yourself! (nice and corny)

QFT 8D!

100% Guaranteed way to make it happen. I had a horrible time flying until I believed it could happen. Just recently, in fact, I was able to fly like so :3 (But it was more of a glide XD).

Here's my suggestion (Note.: IN A DREAM XD).:

1.) Go to a cliff, or make one appear. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!

2.) Position yourself for the way you want to fly (i.e.: Like NiGHTS, Superman, Neo, a bird, any way you want :D).

3.) Make sure you can imagine yourself flying, or have faith in what you're doing (Faith is one of the key things in Lucid Dreaming. Chances are you'll need it in doing everything from getting Lucid to merging with NiGHTS.).

4.) JUMP!

5.) Have the faith that you will fly for..... as long as you want. If falling in mid-air is your cup of tea, go ahead and do so :3.

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
it makes you wonder if you can die because you crashed into the ground in a dream, don't it? XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
"Better throw my hand in, wish me happy landings, all I gotta do is JUUUUMP~"

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

"Better throw my hand in, wish me happy landings, all I gotta do is JUUUUMP~"

Aw man, I hate Disney for so many reasons. They messed up a good piece of literature with that. Did anyone besides me notice how so many themes from NiD were stolen to be used in High School Musical?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I will proudly say I never made an attempt to watch High School Musical...

Anyway, Segakid, let us know how this goes, if it happens to you again! I'm sure the other folks were more helpful on it. TRiP was like a bullet, posted right on top of me. XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I will proudly say I never made an attempt to watch High School Musical...

TRiP was like a bullet, posted right on top of me. XD

You're lucky, they made us watch it after LEAP testing, it was horrible. Look for the "Breaking Free" scene on Youtube, pretty much everything in that scene was taken from NiD. Now what about TRiPPY?

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
Everyone made a good point. All I have to say is practice. I would suggest jumping around and while in mid air picture yourself levitating and try to stay afloat. It might help a wee bit. But like I said before just practice and you’ll get the hang of it.

Hope this helps and good luck!^^

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Yo!, guy's and girls guess what!?, I FINALLY FLEW IN MY DREAMS!!!, i've seem to have developed that power that silver the hedgehog has!, that psychokenisis power, and it work's wonder's!, i've been doing alot of studying about that technique lately and to tell ya the true you guy's may think i'm crazy for saying this but that technique really exist's!, it's just that the human mind can never truely perform it because it take's up to much brain power basically, and we would basically how can i put it.... over fry our brains to sort of speak, and what they mean by that i'm guessing they mean the vein's in your brain would most likely pop or something but there has been some people out there that have probrably had a taste of the technique before who know's?, but anyway's i did finally learn how to fly so thanks for all your help guy's and girls if there any in the room :lol:

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Way to go segakid! There's nothing like experiencing flight, eh? :) I'm happy for you!

Flying is definitely the most amazing sensation ever. And call me looney, but I sometimes wonder if maybe, just maybe, we were almost meant to fly someday. Maybe in the past, maybe in the future, who knows what we're capable of? It'd be pretty sweet either way!

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Don't worry i don't think your looney because i feel the same way too!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I have trouble flying in my dreams, and doing other things, like making things appear. The closest to flying I got was a time when I was only partially Lucid dreaming, I kinda knew I was dreaming but I couldn't control it. What happened was a kinda started to float, and then I drifted in a direction I couldn't control, like I was being carried by a force I couldn't feel.

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Well in my dreams i have psychokenisis so i control everything and bend reality and i mean REALLY bend reality, like in that same dream i had last night i made sonic extremly gigantic and i was flying all around his nose and such, don't ask just something i've always thought about :D !, but anyway's just do what i do imaging yourself levitating and look in the direction you want to go and tell your body to move in that direction and use your body to control the flight like for me tilting up make's me go up and ect.

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
^^; the closest i got to flying was jumping off a cliff and falling in to an eternal darkness, after I wake up I started being pissed off once I found it was a dream.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
One time during one of my first few lucid dreams, I tried to fly... and tried... ...and tried, yet no matter how much I willed it to happen, my feet never left the ground. Eventually, I got annoyed at my own lack of willpower and placed myself in a fly-or-die situation. I went to the roof of a five story apartment building, and I jumped with the full intent of flying. Just before I hit the ground, I swooped up. So if you ever find yourself having a problem with control, you need to place yourself in a situation where the control becomes a need instead of a desire.

It gets easier. I've developed the ability to fly, move objects (no bigger than a car, so far), and I've been able to transfigure things, people, and even entire rooms. When I get a lucid dream these days, I tend to focus on changing the entire landscape, for instance, changing New York into a cruise ship at sea. So far, I've had little luck, but I am getting better. My eventual goal is to gain complete and infallible control of everything in my lucid dreams -- and with practice, I'm getting close. So will you, if you keep working.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
When you try to fly make sure nothing is grabbing at you.
Trust me, it'll irritate.

Try a nice flat piece of land to start from.

I usually squat a bit and push off with my legs and flap my arms a bit.
It sounds silly, but it worked for me.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Congratulations on acquiring the power of flight, I was going to suggest thinking like Neo did on the Matrix... but you've already got it. Unfortunately for me lucidity doesn't come easily, I'm not too good with heights, and the only dreams that involved me being in the air quickly turned into "falling into a vast ocean and drowning" dreams. So I will happily just use my broomsticks, WarpStars, and airplanes or stay on the ground unless necessary.

NiGHTS: *You're no fun* ;)

Is it possible that phobias and fears can also have an effect on what you can do in your dreams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users