Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.nightsint.../savenights.png

feel free to use this big sig on any boards that allow you to. I'm also making smaller ones and avatars.
Use them and spread the word.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Nice work, TRiP. That banner looks bold and noticable. If we get a lot more of you sign up to the official SEGA forums and leave that image in your sig then they have to take further notice of us.

There is a topic in there right now and we keeping that topic active. We want to see more NiGHTS fans cross over there and talk about NiGHTS too. I didn't want to really sign up to those boards either but for this campaign i will travel with it.

Grab a sig, sign up for their boards and jump in with us. We still need you. This ain't over yet.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
This sig wont work on their boards because of its file size, i'm in the process of making a bunch of different ones. Hold on. This one works in places that allow free sig size. Feel free to direct link to this server for the sig image since bandwidth isn't an issue.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Hotmail says my SonicTeam e-mail has been "Delayed".

More like bounced.

Now i'm starting to get angry. Seriously, if you look through the whole internet at all the Video Game fanbase's, you'll be hard-pressed to find one as dedicated and strong as ours. Come to think of it, I've never seen a fanbase like the one we have.

NiGHTS fans are EXTREMELY tolerant and patient people, it's not too much to ask that time to time, SEGA gives us the recognition we deserve. Especially after all the hard work and effort TRiPPY and DiGi have put into this...who knows if there ever would have been a JoD if it wasn't for them keeping the knowledge of NiGHTS alive for the 11 years between games?

As if them not releasing NiD on the PS2 internationally wasn't a big enough slap in the face.

NiGHTS has changed so many people's lives, brought together so many people that would have never met each other. And if SEGA think they can just brush us aside, like we have no meaning whatsoever, they have another thing coming.

Oh wow, so dramatic.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
KISUKE JOINS THE BRAWL !!

i figured i'd join ye old Sega Forums aswell, if only to show support, there's nothing i can say really that you lot haven't already, but if it boosts the amount of fans there why not?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
More to the point it boost the post count and it gets read by SEGA. Therefore everyone who hasn't join up there already and waffle about NiGHTS until the cows come home.
Pull in every person you can :P

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
That's strange. I sent emails to all addresses provided (bar the French and Japanese ones) and not ONE has bounced back. Maybe there was some temporary technical issues, and now they've been fixed? Or maybe SEGA just loves me...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
none of mine have bounced back yet either, but it's probably because i use Gmail and it tends to take a while for returned mails to show up.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
I used hotmail about 2-3 days ago, and they haven't bounced back yet... hmmm...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Mmmm plotting something to kick this up a notch.

I have a plan.... and it involves coordinated community cosplay in stupid places.

Where is NiGHTS indeed.

He's obviously doing something way more interesting if he's not on the racing track in ASR >:3

ohohohohohho

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

NiGHTS fans are EXTREMELY tolerant and patient people, it's not too much to ask that time to time, SEGA gives us the recognition we deserve. Especially after all the hard work and effort TRiPPY and DiGi have put into this...who knows if there ever would have been a JoD if it wasn't for them keeping the knowledge of NiGHTS alive for the 11 years between games?

Just want to point out that we do not deserve recognition for being fans. They're the company that made the game and can do whatever they want. We're just people who like their output. We might have a strong fan community but it's not like NiGHTS fans are what have been keeping Sega afloat over the years.
Sega, like all multinational corporations, just sees us as a potential source of income. There are several implications to this but basically I think it's a mistake to assume companies owe their fans anything more than some appreciation for buying their products. (Appreciation which does not include commitment to continual output of products related to that product.)
THE SAD TRUTH!

I think NiGHTS should be in this game but in all honesty, it's not something worth getting angry about IMO.

(sorry if I sound like a major downer)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeeeeup, it IS true that fans aren't what keep a company afloat, its the products that regular joe public buys, and confused grandmothers on christmas eve. Nor do a company owe fans anything. But and this is a large maxi sized butt, when a company creates a game, like JoD for instance, and fobs it off as being 'for the fans' and 'listening to the fans' and at the same time couldn't give 2 craps internaly about what the fans are actually telling them, i really despise my good nature being used to promote something that obviously isn't intended for a 'fan'. Fans are just pawns and a great company resource for promotion and support. BUT if you can keep the fans happy - your product will grow - and that is basic business knowledge. You don't sell anything if you have everyone saying what you do is sh!t.

Fans are a useful tool. And i have no qualms being used to promote a game i think has good potential. Especialy when it SHOULD include NiGHTS. Unless of course SEGA see no reason to keep NiGHTS fans happy any more to sell NiGHTS for the fact that they see it as a loss and might abandon it for better selling things.

You see what I'm saying here?

If i can show SEGA that people still give a damn, in any way i can, even if it means trouble for myself and this website, i will do anything i can. Because then it will not be a lost cause. A lost cause is when there are no fans and nobody moves to do anything to help. But people will complain. It's like what i was complaining about with the lack of NiGHTS websites. Fans need to use their own initiative and do more if they feel strongly about something.

Fans can realisticly make a difference. If you create something company or individual, to not listen to critique and input is stupidity and bad professionalism.
The more people you can please, the more likely people will buy it.

I don't ask recognition for anything i do, i'm not a selfish person. Everything i do i do for the sake of NiGHTS, not myself.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

It's pretty weird to have the email bounce a day after being sent. That goes against my understanding of email, which is fairly thorough as I've taken a course in computer networking.

I would have thought it unlikely for them to preemptively block emails coming from us. They could be bouncing things with "NiGHTS" in the subject or only be accepting mail from certain Sega-related domains for a while but I would suspect that these things would get in the way of their day-to-day business.

Oh well, hopefully the other departments have gotten the message.

Well I suppose it's a good thing I titled mine 'In Regards to Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing'. XD Let's see if that bounces (for it has yet to).

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol I've been told to shut up for 'wasting my time because NiGHTS is IN this game' a record amount of times today by people who have no proof. It amuses me. I'm glad to see you lot are taking no chances. Thanks. Maybe one day you'll understand this a bit better.

Just follow the TRiPPY and do as i do~
You'll lose nothing from it.

Also since this topic needs to be a hell of a lot more easier to find I'm giving it it's own subforum. Since y'know... NiGHTS' entire wellbeing is kinda THAT important.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Ohcrud, I need to go tell someone I know on dA, even if I get brushed off or something... ._.;;;

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
; ) Good move TRiPPY, now no one can miss it.

I'm going off on a little trip around the internet to raise awareness. See you on the other side.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Good luck Jof. Be sure to list any posts/threads in the other topic in this subforum i just started. That way we can all join in and get a good flow of conversation going. Thus dragging more people in.

::NiGHTS::lover

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
If NiGHTS isn't in it by the time this game releases, Imma cry |:[

EDIT:
Imma notify people in my Gaia Clan. I haz no idea what to say. Blarg. D:

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I'm using my website's built in email system and none of mine have bounced back yet. Not sure what's going on. I have several NiGHTS-y friends spread far and wide across the web, I'll get them to send emails too. I hope this all turns out well and good and that he's in it. :S

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
DANG! I leave for a Weekend and this happens!?

NiGHTS is lucky for having such a strong fanbase.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Indeed he is :)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Has anyone with more say than me considered trying to get the guys at Seganerds to promote the cause, maybe by running an article on the main page? We could probably nail down quite a few more people who aren't on these forums.

Also my job today is to infiltrate the other forums. My other job is to start ripping the CDs I won from Dreams' auction; I'll start posting them as, shall we say, motivational music :)

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Has anyone with more say than me considered trying to get the guys at Seganerds to promote the cause, maybe by running an article on the main page? We could probably nail down quite a few more people who aren't on these forums.

Also my job today is to infiltrate the other forums. My other job is to start ripping the CDs I won from Dreams' auction; I'll start posting them as, shall we say, motivational music :)

http://segashiro.com should have an article about it too. They are the site that's going to take over SEGANerds after recent events. =P

but yeah, SEGANerds still gets lots of traffic so having them post a article about it would be good too.

Zenny-DoLL

Zenny-DoLL

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, (day)dreaming, artwork, anime, manga, video games, friends, writing fics that usually never get done, observing things, and thinking...yes that's right. I like to think.
Seeing how passionate this fanbase is has given me more hope that NiGHTS will appear in ASR. :)

Trying to cause a riot about this over at Gaia right now. At least some people have begun to notice.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Tomorrow begins another working week for the offices so ...we'll see this week if we get any response at all.

Hope for the best people and keep spreading the campaign. People will try to tell you NiGHTS is in the game but they have no evidence, rememeber that. I would not lie to you fans about this situation so trust me and get the word out. NiGHTS needs us.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah i didn't lie about Journey of Dreams when other people were claiming it didn't exist. So uh, please, picture me on my knees here (actually wait no don't), just make sure you do your bit for this campaign and if anything comes of it you can feel happy in the knowlege that you really did make a difference.

Love you guys so much :) Thank you for all the work you've done already in backing us up.
xx

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Just received a message that the e-mail failed for the Sonic Team adress, but the other ones seem to have worked just fine. Weird :)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Finally got some peace and recorded the "for NiGHTS" song...rap...thing. >>; Recorded 3/4 yesterday and got the last part earlier today, but unfortunately that last fourth...well it's got a different tone than the rest of the MP3. Meant for youtube, I guess this can be considered a rough cut...and I doubt I'll get time to finalize it. :/ If anyone else wants to give it a shot, be my guest. And no, there's no music. Just lyrics.
Here. I am not responsible for any burst eardrums, headaches, spontaneous combustion, sudden blood loss, or any other injuries resulting from hearing this. Low quality microphone was used as well. (And yes I tried recording the entire thing earlier. No idea how I got it the first time - sans a few screw-ups - without gasping for air or saying "Secondary to NiGHTS".)

Seriously trusting you DiG'.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hahaha! Nice one, Smash! XD That was pretty decent. I actually liked it! It was cute and pretty carefree, i think it's your accent. Very NiGHTSy yet gets the point across too.

Lol, and what are you 'trusting me' about? XD Trust me that NiGHTS needs us? Yes. Yes, he does. Will this whole campaign work though? That's up to SEGA. So don't trust me on that, lol.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Hahaha! Nice one, Smash! XD That was pretty decent. I actually liked it! It was cute and pretty carefree, i think it's your accent. Very NiGHTSy yet gets the point across too.

Lol, and what are you 'trusting me' about? XD Trust me that NiGHTS needs us? Yes. Yes, he does. Will this whole campaign work though? That's up to SEGA. So don't trust me on that, lol.

Thanks. ^^; And I have an accent? O_o I've had people guessing I'm from New Jersey and New York...still no idea how to place it. :P But I'm from neither.

That "trusting you" part was indeed on NiGHTS needing us. I referred to the first post a lot when getting the lyrics down and at the beginning you said to trust you, and we do. Just thought I'd echo it at the end. And echoing that echo in the post seemed right.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, gotcha :P Yeh. It's a really nice little rap you did. Another form of promoting the campaigns awareness and i thank you for it. Nice work ^__^

I dunno if i should do something like this. I figured it's the first thing i'd try and do, make a song about the whole campaign ...but my lyrics keep coming out too angry, lol. Besides, i gotta make sure i'm keeping an eye on where the campaign is heading so my time is kinda taken up.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

Mmmm plotting something to kick this up a notch.

I have a plan.... and it involves coordinated community cosplay in stupid places.

Where is NiGHTS indeed.

He's obviously doing something way more interesting if he's not on the racing track in ASR >:3

ohohohohohho

This sounds very intriguing >:3

I figured it's the first thing i'd try and do, make a song about the whole campaign ...but my lyrics keep coming out too angry, lol.

Lmao.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
he is full of manrage *lol*

I have to keep eyeballing him from the side and saying 'no'. DiGi has managed to keep something of an amazing composure through this entire thing considering how wound up he usualy gets XD Do you guys remember when we went to SEGA Benelux HQ in Amsterdam and DiGi GRILLED their PR face to face. *lmao* oh this boy of mine XD *hugs*
Scared of nobody.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
My email bounced as well.
It makes me feel bad that my first email to a company was sent back. I feel like I'm doing something bad.
I'm gonna try the Japanese site thingy.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Don't feel bad! *hugs* It's just their mail server being crappy. It's either full of mail and cant take any more, or their mail server is broken/unused or something.
Try the other emails and don't give up :P

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Don't worry too much about the SonicTeam e-mails, theyre not directly bouncing, just getting delayed. Theyre servers might be down or something, I dunno.

You should be targeting those PR e-mail addresses in the first post.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
That's great, Smashy.

First we crash Sumo's servers, now potentially Sega. Include NiGHTS or we break your computers! :P

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
My e-mails got sent back as well! Something about it being in the "queue too long".

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
@ Noctourne Wonderland - lol That should be our secondary battle cry.

"Don't forget NiGHTS!"
"Or we'll break your computers with our fanmail!"

Pfft. *gigglesnort* XD They'll probably retaliate with Will's dad.

Edit: Three minutes late in posting. Ah well. Trying to check up on some 1996 NiGHTS things. >>

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

That's great, Smashy.

First we crash Sumo's servers, now potentially Sega. Include NiGHTS or we break your computers! :D

That's what I was thinking. Maybe we did it. If so, then that's pretty impressive, considering they're a bigger company than Sumo and have several--probably big--mail boxes. And if we did crash their e-mail, then we're guaranteed to get their attention. Bwahaha! Fear the power of the NiGHTS fanbase. :P :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users