Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)

A lot of people are just on edge about it, Mighty. Sorry if I'm speaking out-of-place here, but DiGi and TRiPPY just work very very hard to keep NiGHTS alive, and this fanbase does a lot of work as well. I'm sure you didn't do anything intentionally in terms of being hopeful, and honestly I wish I had that kind of hope, because you're still on our side regardless of whether you believe NiGHTS is in it or not. I'd say definitely don't leave, and considering you're one of those that Sega seems to have left behind in the past, having you with us is more than just a strength in numbers: it's a comfort to know that even more underdog characters still have their fans. Just for the moment, any "he's already in there" talk may have more negative of an impact at the moment than it would normally.

NiGHTS!!! HURRAH!

Thanks man. :)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Ya know, with all the energy and good vibes going on right now, wouldn't it be something else if out of the blue a third NiGHTS game was announced?

I must say that this is something else. I'm staying optimistic that something good will come of this campaign. But like DiGi said, SEGA may just be expecting us to quiet down at the end of the week and push us off to the side. Well I'll have none of that. I doubt any of us will either. We gotta kick this campaign into high gear this week and let them know that we're NOT a crowd to be messed with.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
XD lol DiGi and I are good cop bad cop.

Mighty, don't go anywhere, because if NiGHTS ends up as DLC we get to race you! And Mighty is one of our fave Sonic characters. I always ask SEGA about that, lol.
Level 99 is spot on. We're just a bit cranky because its very hard putting your personal reputation on the line having people tell you that you're an idiot all day long. If you want to be convinced that we're not full of crap I'll just link here and say no more:
http://www.nightsint...ey/ofdreams.htm

We're not the kinda site to do hoaxes.
We firmly believe he is not in.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Again, I'm sorry if I made anyone feel bad. :)

Ah, nuts. Why am i getting mad at you for? I should be saying sorry, not you. My apologies. It was out of line to snap like that. It wasn't personal. I've just had to read the same kinda thing everywhere else today and the last place i needed that is here, the so called 'base of operations', as it were.
I know you mean well but try to understand i wouldn't be stressing myself out trying to push this campaign if i didn't believe in the cause.

A lot of people are just on edge about it

*raises hand*

We gotta kick this campaign into high gear this week and let them know that we're NOT a crowd to be messed with.

Not just now we won't though. We ride this thing a little while, get more people aware and talking about it this week. I'll see if it's effecting anything at all. If it is, good good, we've set out what we've needed to do, let's leave it there. If not ...sh!t ..i don't even know what i'll do, let alone the rest of you.

Let's wait and see this week. Just keep talking about it, link to the campaign, get some more people onboard and sending emails.

And let us remember to be polite and respectful. You are all respresenting this fanbase. Act like an idiot and you're on your own.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm currently OVER the edge i think, lol. I just don't like being made to seem stupid when I've been nothing but useful to this fanbase for years from people who don't know me XD; I don't take it to heart because i know if i were them I'd probably think the same and argue that NiGHTS couldn't possibly be left out, but i'm not them, I'm me (unfortunately), and I know when I'm right about something.

As long as you guys all have our backs, i'll continue making myself seem dumb to people who don't know any better. If i do it enough, people will listen regardless out of sheer curiosity.

If we can pull this off and NiGHTS ends up playable or whatever, give us a cookie eh? Because we're busting our arses here, as are you guys i imagine.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I feel so useless; I'm not part of anything Sega related online. However, I'm working on a video to raise awareness and give some backstory as well as a poster soon to be on DA. Keep the dream!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Don't worry Nocturne. Even if its something small, its better than nothing at all. You're already doing a good thing for NiGHTS fandom. :)

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

We firmly believe he is not in.

"Why so serious?"- Joker quote

Are you saying he's not in, and 100% sure of it, or are you just REALLY don't think he's in, but still have that flicker of hope? I know I can't force you do say he'll be in it, but NiGHTS isn't forgotten. He's got his own game for Wii, and like someone mentioned, he's like SEGA's second mascot. Doesn't that raise your hopes a bit more? Just cause a popular character isn't mentioned YET, doesn't mean he won't be in it. This game doesn't come out till the end of February, so thats quite a while away still. Don't give up hope. BELIEVE he's in it. You'll feel happier if you shed off all the doubt you have about his inclusion. No one can really say NiGHTS or anyone else isn't in it till we actually know the complete roster. Give it time, and you might be suprised. :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
"Plan for the worst and hope for the best"

That proverb is particularly important now. While I, at least, think that NiGHTS will most likely be in the game, there's always the possibility that he won't. That is why everyone's so paranoid.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Say you were the maker of a company, and had your own mascot. Things start going well, and you end up making more characters, and 1 other becomes the second mascot. Now, you end up having so many characters, that its about time to make a party game. How would YOU go about the revealing?

As for me, I might do the same thing SEGA is, actually. I'd just keep messing with everyone and reveal a character a little bit at a time. Revealing every single character can destroy all the fun of guessing who's in it. It seems now that a lot of people are saying that a character isn't in it because that certain character has not been mentioned yet(like NiGHTS). Some people do in fact want to know everything before a game is finished, yet even more people want to be suprised with the final result. Just be patient, and hope for the best!(sorta like what Nocturne said)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh i love surprises too. Trust me, sometimes i wish i hadn't known everything about JOD before it came out, but eh, if you're an admin you kinda have to know.

I would love for our suspicions to be completely wrong. But i know they aren't. After Ulala is shown (if that's actually true, i mean i haven't seen it myself), its one more bit of evidence for you guys.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah the way I see it, even if NiGHTS is in fact in ASR already but they just haven't revealed him (which is what we're all hoping for anyway) it couldn't hurt for us to keep making noise about him, because it can only help to possibly motivate SEGA to do more with NiGHTS.

WE WiLL NOT BE SiLENCED

skaterNiGHTS

skaterNiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Viva NiGHTS!

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
lol, I guess keeping on bugging SEGA will eventually make them announce Nights. :D

Ulala will be in, as Nintendo Power doesn't lie about their games(at least I think so). Ulala will be in it, and even with her being mentioned, no official announcement as been made, and she is a popular SEGA character as well, and was in the Tennis game. NiGHTS is more populare than any characters announced yet. I dunno, I might just be speaking a lot of pointless babble, but I just KNOW he's in it. Okay? I can't help it.

And TRIPPY, what would you do/say when(if) NiGHTS gets announced, after stating how sure you are that he's not in? I'd feel pretty silly, thats for sure. Though, if I'm wrong, I'd feel bad as well. Guess we're really both in the same boat. :(

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I'd say that, once he gets announced, we'll be happy. I don't care if we look foolish now, because whether or not he's currently in there isn't the concern, it's whether or not he's in there when the game is released or when they announce for sure that he's in there. I mean, we'd still be getting what we want if he's in there in the end, so I wouldn't feel foolish. Unless Sega did something like "We've had him in there the whole time", in which case I'd respond "then you should have told us sooner so we didn't have to come to this!".

I understand the need to surprise people, but this is past the point of surprising. They're getting more people anxious to see the roster this time around, and are focusing on some characters that also have needed their due credit for a while, but at what expense does having Ryo in there mean for other mainstays? If Sega had a different history with their treatment of IPs and handling of everything else, I'd not be extremely suspicious right now, but in fact, I am. Also, I know TRiPPY and DiGi have their sources of info that rarely steer them wrong, so I put my faith in them. Blind faith isn't always a good thing, but it isn't always a bad thing either. When you make enough noise, you get noticed, and usually get handled in one way or another. If there's a dog barking at your window, you either shut the window or find a way to get the dog to stop. How Sega deals with that kind of situation has been apparent for a while, especially with all of the Sonic issues through recent years. How many times have they promised a good Sonic game, hmm? How many times have they actually DELIVERED? You throw enough darts at the board, something is bound to hit, but their percentage of hitting that mark is, in my opinion, pretty low these days. If they have the chance to be misguided, then I'd say it falls on the fans to do their duty and make a little noise. I'm not saying Sega hasn't done great things, and I do realize it is a lot easier to point out anyone's flaws than it is to praise their redeeming qualities, but this isn't the time to argue that.

Echoing the old adage of "better safe than sorry", it is better to not throw caution to the wind considering the circumstances. I may sound too grand saying this, but one can't live their life betting on everything falling into place, and having NiGHTS in the game "a sure thing" doesn't seem like something I'd bank on. My trust is in TRiPPY and DiGi, they wouldn't be putting themselves out there for nothing!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I haven't seen a topic move this fast in ages, lol. This is why I love this community so much. I don't post anywhere as much as I used to (mainly out of laziness and lack of things to say) but the sheer determination of the people here is what makes me love it so much. It's such an odd phenomena for me, I've been on so many places online and I always occasionally come back here and it's /always/ doing something. I've been to several places that have died and gone on and you guys are still here XD I earnestly believe the insanely devoted fan passion in this forum alone could convince the powers-that-be at SEGA to let NiGHTS be a playable character in this game. But enough of my rambling lol, I just love you guys <3

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Here's my contribution. :(

Posted Image

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Here's my contribution. :(

Posted Image

Aw man... That's freakin' awesome! Now I should go figure out something more I can do like that...

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Love your drawing Noctourne Wonderland. Now I'm ever more set on getting mine done.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Indeed, Huruyami. Never a dull moment around here. Why, in the same weekend we announced a Winter Dreamers EP being released on December 4th AND started a revolution.

That's also a cute little picture there Noctourne. I'd say forward that to a SEGA email address but we don't even know if they're taking our emails right now, lol. Give it a shot anyway! Make them feel bad with cute art, lol.

Nicely worded, Level. At the end of the day nothing bad will happen if fans support the campaign. Nothing. If you think NiGHTS is in then cool but you can still show support for the character regardless.

How can i explain it? Ok, it's like you're going out for a meal. You know the meal will come to around $5 because you have the same meal everytime you go to the restaurant. But you should be prapaired to take $10 instead because for all you know the pricing might have changed and then you can't eat anything because you don't have enough money. So it's better to be safe than sorry.
However, we're in a situation where i know a lot of people are going to be going to this restaurant to eat $5 meals but it looks like the price has changed. So, i gotta tell all you people "yo, bring some extra money, i think they changed the price!".
And what are you all going to do? Ignore me or bring a spare bit of cash just in case?

......that was BLOODY WEIRD, man. I never talk with $'s, i'm a British Pound Sterling person.

Anyways, you get the idea. Just trust me and support the campaign or else none of us will be eating NiGHTS ....i mean getting DLC.

(do you know how good it just felt to type something different and light hearted there? after the day i've had of repeating myself over and over again, this post has officially been my favourite post of the day).

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Aw man... That's freakin' awesome! Now I should go figure out something more I can do like that...

Love your drawing Noctourne Wonderland. Now I'm ever more set on getting mine done.

Thank you both! It took around three drafts, so I'm glad that my work was worth something. :(

......that was BLOODY WEIRD, man. I never talk with $'s, i'm a £ person.

It was weird for everyone, DiGi. I read it and thought "Woah, when did they start using the dollar in London?"

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Indeed, Huruyami. Never a dull moment around here. Why, in the same weekend we announced a Winter Dreamers EP being released on December 4th AND started a revolution.

Nicely worded, Level. At the end of the day nothing bad will happen if fans support the campaign. Nothing. If you think NiGHTS is in then cool but you can still show support for the character regardless.

How can i explain it? Ok, it's like you're going out for a meal. You know the meal will come to around $5 because you have the same meal everytime you go to the restaurant. But you should be prapaired to take $10 instead because for all you know the pricing might have changed and then you can't eat anything because you don't have enough money. So it's better to be safe than sorry.
However, we're in a situation where i know a lot of people are going to be going to this restaurant to eat $5 meals but it looks like the price has changed. So, i gotta tell all you people "yo, bring some extra money, i think they changed the price!".
And what are you all going to do? Ignore me or bring a spare bit of cash just in case?

......that was BLOODY WEIRD, man. I never talk with $'s, i'm a £ person.

Anyways, you get the idea. Just trust me and support the campaign or else none of us will be eating NiGHTS ....i mean getting DLC.

(do you know how good it just felt to type something different and light hearted there? after the day i've had of repeating myself over and over again, this post has officially been my favourite post of the day).

That's a pretty good analogy. lol Since I run a small NiD community myself, I'm trying to get that same message across. Although these days, I'm the only active member. But still, I'm doing all I can to spread the word. I've sent telegraphs to all my "members" within the past few days to let them know. I'm not gonna give up. I wanna rally at least a few more people for this campaign. If you wanna join my little thing, its on Game Spot and its called The NiGHTS Union. Here is the link:

http://www.gamespot....hp?union_id=TNU

I really would appreciate some people joining. No one comes around any more.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Join up guys! ^^ I promise I'll join in the morning as soon as i get up so i can read everything through properly and not skim it. Skimming is baaaad.

Right now I've got one half of my brain on the Iizuka interview page I'm working on, another bit on the official SEGA boards, another bit at TSS, one eye on my twitter, a foot in DA.... blargh *brain explode*

thank god i'm a woman and can multitask >v>

edit- ALSO HOMG that art is lovely ;v; Seriously send SEGA it! MAKE THEM FEEL GUILTY <3 *saves*

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Sorry to be off-topic, but I'd thought I'd mention that I'm hosting a Tournament in the JoD section, so be sure to check it out!

On-topic:

Yes, that pic is really cool. I wish I could draw. :(

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

edit- ALSO HOMG that art is lovely ;v; Seriously send SEGA it! MAKE THEM FEEL GUILTY <3 *saves*

I shall, Queen TRiPPY! Thank you. :)

Yes, that pic is really cool. I wish I could draw. :D

You can- just draw a circle with two thingies sticking out. I could go into all that's wrong with mine (like the wonky perspective- try striking that pose in reality), so don't worry if some parts are off. :)

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've made posters and put them up around my town, put a NiGHTSy bit in all my signatures and have began cosplaying as Nightmaren at shopping centres and other public places. Heres hoping that helps even a little.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Everyone with a NiGHTS cosplay should stand in front of their local video game store (in costume) handing out pamphlets. :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Oh man... Now I'm wishing I had a costume of a Maren in my closet. The best I can do at this point is dress up either as Claris or Helen...but I'm broke. :D I hate dresses and skirts, but it would be for NiGHTS!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

I've made posters and put them up around my town, put a NiGHTSy bit in all my signatures and have began cosplaying as Nightmaren at shopping centres and other public places. Here's hoping that helps even a little.

Dude, that's REALLY hard core! Way to go! We're proud! :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Cloud Ninja that is insanely awesome.

I know it may be to early but I'm predicting a trailer featuring NiGHTS by next month.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
iLLY, I hope you're right about that. This campaign is definitely gonna pay off in one way or another. I have this slight fantasy that it may result in a new, better NiGHTS game. XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

iLLY, I hope you're right about that. This campaign is definitely gonna pay off in one way or another. I have this slight fantasy that it may result in a new, better NiGHTS game. XD

And if not for a new game than at least a worldwide release of the PS2 version that barely needs any translation.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

And if not for a new game than at least a worldwide release of the PS2 version that barely needs any translation.

That would also be awesome. I'd nab that sh!t up right away! XD

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Not releasing the PS2 version is what Sega has been doing for quite a while. NiGHTS isn't the first game to get a PS2 remake, classics like Space Harrier, Phantasy Star, Fantasy Zone, Panzer Dragoon, et al have been released/remade for the system but none have gotten a US release.
At least they're consistent and not just snubbing NiGHTS?

Chronos

Chronos

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:My interests are drawing, watching animes and tv shows, cosplaying (if u want to c my cosplaying got to DA, cosplay.com, or myspace.com/ViewtifulChronos.), play video games, play tennis, spend some time playing my ocarina, creating stories or mostly make comics and spend time with friends and family. i m not putting much but thats mostly what i m interested in and also a NiGHTSFan and a Sonicfan. There is more to say but i end it like this for now.
They got to put NiGHTS in Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing. I mean NiGHTS already been through that Sega All-Star tennis, Sonic Riders 1 and 2, Sega All-Star Eye Toy and sonic games as mini games. So i hope they do put NiGHTS as a DLC. Its not going to be the same without the Purple flying Jester. Please Don't Forget NiGHTS. I gonna send mails like crazy now.

Posted Image

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Dropped a comment over at SEGA's facebook under their Super Monkey Ball post.

http://www.facebook....1#s177441286591

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Oh wow, everything is going really awesome, i'm so proud of everyone! =3

I ish all happy and fuzzy<3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Guys guys, please. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This campaign is not about getting NiGHTS a new game and if you go there at SEGA asking anything of the sort then we really won't be taken seriously. This begins with NiGHTS and his no-show for ASR and stems into his activity as a whole.

Just keep your perspective straight and focus on this for now. It's one thing getting NiGHTS to appear in a racing game but it's something else entirely when you start asking for whole games on the guy.
One thing at a time.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Morning! Back to the daily grind. Kept have repeat dreams lastnight about all this. Woke up none the wiser, lol.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, the Sonic Team address seems to have bounced almost everybodies email. Which sucks because that could have been really helpful.

I guess i should edit the first post then ...unless people are willing to still try Sonic Team of course. Shall i leave the email address on there or get rid of it and just focus on the PR's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users