Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Yeah, my email to Sonic Team bounced too. Perhaps that address is not in use anymore.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, possible.. must e-mail other addresses..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Seems the Sonic Team address is getting bounces. I just got the same thing.

I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Ack, SonicTeam are just another development studio, they don't get to decide what games they make any more than Sumo. SEGA is the real target here anyway.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Seems the Sonic Team address is getting bounces. I just got the same thing.

I guess my massive e-mail probably didn't help with the flood. Is it possible their e-mail filters are detecting a spam flood or DDoS attack? Or are they trying to silence the mob?

I guess we'll find out...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Bounced from Yahoo and hotmail was next.

...Jerks. Maybe it was the word "NiGHTS" in the title? In any case, at least the others haven't bounced back...yet.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have sent in my support ^.^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I've edited the first post informing people that the Sonic Team address is bouncing.

...not a good sign, is it.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)
I mentioned this on the SEGA forums, and I think you guys should hear it too(I was invited here by a member who's first part of the username is "Musashi")anyways... :

I'm practically 100% certain NiGHTS will be in this. SEGA is just saying: "Haha, let's see the NiGHTS fans go nuts when we don't say anything about NiGHTS inclusion! HAHAHA!" Anywho...

What if NiGHTS is going to be some sort of Christmas special revealing? NiGHTS has had a Christmas game, so why not have Christmas time be the perfect time to announce NiGHTS! It would be like...

"A present for all you NiGHTS fans!"

Or something like that. I know NiGHTS is in this. Have faith. There is no reason SEGA would keep him out. If he doesn't show up, feel free to kill me.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Way to go DiGi, you broke the internet.

I just forwarded the email to the other addresses I hadn't hit yet. Here's hoping...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Let's do what we can. And let's remain respectful to them despite it looking like we're about to be given the short end of the stick. ( yay ~ ._. )

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I think possibly Sega found out ahead of time what we were trying to do, so they blocked any emails coming from us. They are probably tired of hearing this and are annoyed by our efforts. However, I say we don't give up. If they see NiGHTS has this much support, they're bound to do something about it just to shut us up. And yes MightytheArmadillo, I'm the same guy who invited you here.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Could it be possible that they're blocking e-mails by country? Or something close to it?

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Or, its probably so obvious that they're in it, even though no confirmation has been made as of yet, and they don't want to answer. This could possibly suggest that NiGHTS will be in this game.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Or, its probably so obvious that they're in it, even though no confirmation has been made as of yet, and they don't want to answer. This could possibly suggest that NiGHTS will be in this game.

Maybe. All we can do is hope for the best.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I still think they found out ahead of time what we wanted to do and blocked any email that had the content that DiGi wanted us to send. That's just a theory though.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Oh so true. So how people here could sends their through?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
hmm, mine bounced aswell. apparently it's been in the queue too long? i was one of the first wave to send it, so i doubt there was a queue when sent...but then again, i know nothing of how emails work lol

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I guess SEGA really wants to keep mum about all the character details. They'll let us know when they want too. I know, the anticipation can be overbearing at times, but what good will this game be without NiGHTS? I'm certain he's in, and SEGA is just messing with us.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I got bounced, all this time I had thought my e-mail got somewhere. All we can do now is try the other e-mail adresses and hope.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

I guess SEGA really wants to keep mum about all the character details. They'll let us know when they want too. I know, the anticipation can be overbearing at times, but what good will this game be without NiGHTS? I'm certain he's in, and SEGA is just messing with us.

I really hope you're right.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It's pretty weird to have the email bounce a day after being sent. That goes against my understanding of email, which is fairly thorough as I've taken a course in computer networking.

I would have thought it unlikely for them to preemptively block emails coming from us. They could be bouncing things with "NiGHTS" in the subject or only be accepting mail from certain Sega-related domains for a while but I would suspect that these things would get in the way of their day-to-day business.

Oh well, hopefully the other departments have gotten the message.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
We'll forever go down in the history books as the email crazies who break the internet. :)

Really, though, I hope that this got the point across. NiGHTS is too unique and iconic to be forgotten.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Yeah, I think even if they didn't read the emails themselves, they're still getting the message that we want NiGHTS.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Well, remember, the roster is already set. Even with the chance of DLC, I find it rather unlikely. We'll just have to find out. I think putting NiGHTS as a DLC character is a waste. I still believe he's already in. :)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well once again, I really hope you're right.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I sent my email a few hours ago and it never bounced, I wonder what's going on o__O

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well it took about a day for this to happen, Huruyami. You'll probably get a notice in about 24 hours or so.

Xeriea

Xeriea

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:[adult swim], advent children, aeris, aeris/zero, angeal, angel, angel season 1-3, anime, anthroart, anti-bush, anti-otaku, anti-racism, aqua teen hunger force, avatar the last airbender, axel, axl, axl low, axl/anji, axllow is the sex, ayumi hamasaki, buck-tick, capcom, charmed, clerks, cloud, crack pairings, crisis core, crush 40, dante, darkstalkers, devil may cry, dogma, doujinshi, drawing, edward, evil tv, eyeshine, fatal fury, ff7, full blown rose, full metal alchemist, furcadia, gaia online, gaiaonline, giro=hero of time, guilty gear, guy, hellboy, imvu, incubus, japan, japanese folklore, jay, johnny, johnny yong bosch, jpop, jrock, kill hannah, kingdom hearts, kpop, kuromi, ky kiske, kyle herbert, lady, larxene, legend of zelda, lexaus, link/midna, luke fon fabre, luxord, majoras mask, manga, manga bullet, marluxia, megaman, megaman x, midna, minish cap, neku, nights into dreams,NiGHTS, omnom noming things, reading, Reala,riku, rockman, rockman x, rockman zero, rockman zx, roleplaying, roxas, saiyuki, sanrio, sephiroth, silent bob, skillet, smash brothers, sonic the hedgehog, sora, south park, squaresoft, sweeney todd, t.m revolution, tales of abyss, tales of phantasia, tales of series, tales of symphonia, tales of the abyss, tear grants, teen titans, terry bogard, terry/tifa, the exies, the maxx, the protomen, tokyo majin, twewy, twilight princess, utada hikaru, vergil, vexen, video editing, video game music, videogames, vincent, voice acting, w.i.t.c.h, watermelon bubblegum, web design, wii, winxclub, working designs, writing, x, xemnas, xigbar, xion, yaoi, zero, zero/cloud, zero/x, zexion
My message to the Sonic team address was blocked as well. Maybe Sonic team is no longer in service. And I have to say, some of you seem a bit rash on speculation. I doubt the company is blocking e-mails, I think they are reading threw them and possibly considering the offer. Sorry if that seems brash of me to say.

Twilight

Twilight

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Obviously I like NiGHTS, but I also adore Sonic the Hedgehog, Klonoa, Pokemon, and more. I like philosophy, psychology, all those weird sort of things. :P
I just did my part. I really hope we see NiGHTS in the game. :P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Looks who's on Sonic Team's front page. Just thought it'd be a nice pick me up for now. It sure ain't Big. Sega's site may may be hyping up ASR, but it looks like ST is still behind NiGHTS.

ASR danged it! Please don't forget him/her! (...I should really get to sleep...but...NiGHTS...*snore*)

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Looks who's on Sonic Team's front page. Just thought it'd be a nice pick me up for now. It sure ain't Big. Sega's site may may be hyping up ASR, but it looks like ST is still behind NiGHTS.

ASR danged it! Please don't forget him/her! (...I should really get to sleep...but...NiGHTS...*snore*)

Auto-translated from that webpage:

Please look forward to new adventures.

I think I might faint.

Also I too finally had the sonic team message kick back. Is it possible they're just having some temporary trouble? Auto-Reply message posted below.

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

mail@sonicteam.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.c....py?answer=7720
[sonicteam.com (1): Connection refused]"

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I wouldn't have started this campaign if i was sure on NiGHTS being in this.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I just sent in my e-mails, it will be really disappointing if NiGHTS isn't in SEGA All Stars Racing.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I wouldn't have started this campaign if i was sure on NiGHTS being in this.

That's not a good sign. Given how up you two were on JoD I'm now taking this far more seriously. But I ask, what does it take to show that we truly, truly care? e-mails are quick and often emotionless. Even my essay of an email will probably end up as nothing more than a saved message counted in with the masses. I vote we parade on SEGA's headquarters donned in purple thingers and refuse to leave until the police make us.

Of course, I'm tipsy right now and can't think 100% straight so who the eff knows.

NiGHTS 4 Life

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I would have done this sooner, but I was a bit busy lately^^" So there's the message I send them:

"Good morning, dear Sega employees. I'm just a humble person of the NiGHTS fanbase, and I've matter of concern, that I wanted to expess.

There haven't been any news on NiGHTS from NiGHTS into Dreams and NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, participating in your newest game: Sega Allstars Racing.
This game has got quite a great character roster already, but I think it would be really sad if NiGHTS wouldn't get a chance to be in it. You might not be fully aware of it, but s/he's one of your most iconic characters after Sonic. If it is already too late to get her/him into the main game, you could still make her/him a DLC character, as it was recently stated by Greg Johnson, the creator of ToeJam& Earl, that DLC might be planned for the final product. A lot of people would be really satisfied with NiGHTS' inclusion in the game and would gladly support you by buying a copy of it. Although this might not be relevant to you, it would really be a shame to let her/him drift into oblivion, because her/his cheerful and free-spirited demeanor can help people through the darker times of life with a smile. Letting go of NiGHTS, would be like letting your inner child die...

Please don't Forget NiGHTS

yours sincerely

Robin Duvenbeck"

It's nothing great, but I still hope it gets through to them. D:

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I suppose I can post a link in the all stars racing topic on neogaf... they are probably gonna be all trollish though =P that's how neogaf is, but maybe some NiGHTS fans will see it.

http://www.neogaf.co...=1#post18494900

lol, let's see how this rolls.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lenneth that was nice :P Thanks for sharing your support.

Shadi, as they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, everything is a bonus and adds brand awareness. Plus trolling causes higher post participation and in turn will make more people who know the NiGHTS name read it and wonder what is up. Eitherway, everything is good. I just don't endorse being nasty to SEGA employees or acting like a total n00b (that goes for everything people do)
With SEGA it seems more important to have numbers than an intelligent reason or opinion. So lets just keep gathering all the fans up and let them see how this whole NiGHTS thing is going to pan out in the upcoming months.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Also I'll say this here too-

Guys, just trust our instincts on this in the same way people trusted us with JoD reporting a few years ago. We wouldn't make a scene about something we didn't have a real reason to.

I don't think NiGHTS is in this game.

And the fact that's it's ME saying this should ring a few alarm bells for you.
In 12 years I think the only thing I was ever wrong about in regards to NiGHTS was their further/continued intention to release the other game on the 360. And we all know how that went.

I am 100% convinced NiGHTS is not in this game. My intention was to remain hopeful for the sake of the fans but I'm done trying to remain happy about something that is making me more and more angry. But the more i think about it, I don't think NiGHTS is in this game.

And if he really isn't there's going to be one upset bunch of very hardcore faithful fans who feel like they've been strung along. I'm not the kind of person to make lewd immature posts about how SEGA or Sumo suxX0r1! because i know there is always valid reasons why some things swing and some don't, but seriously now... the possibility of NiGHTS not being in an Allstar game? I would love a good reason. One with some shred of logic attached.

Mmm logic, it seems to be running out these days along with my patience.

When do we ever get up our tree about something. Don't question us. Just do and talk later.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I'm really impressed by you guys. I've never seen such a passionate fanbase as this one. Usually people argue a lot about good the things they think are good or bad in game communitys, but here everyone works together to accomplish something. That makes me really happy^^

And yeah, I think you're right about NiGHTS not being in the game TRiPPY. S/he's far too important to be kept as a secret for so long. If NiGHTS would already be in the game there probably would have been at least a tiny clue that hints toward it. I really like SEGA for the feeling their games can give, but they're wasting a lot of potential of their own characters and franchises. T-T They completely forgot about great characters as NiGHTS and Ecco the Dolphin, it's really one gigantic shame. Q__q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users