Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Damn. I was right. :D

Yep, that's him. :) Sega! Why?!
I'll bet whoever wrote that comic was right: that they didn't stick him in cause he could beat Sonic. Just looking at him flying up there, it's pretty obvious NiGHTS is fast and an ideal racer. A character whose omission is a missed opportunity.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

NiGHTS is in ASR... but only as a cameo.

But I would start preparing for a bunch of uninformed people that are gonna be screaming at you to burn the merchandise.

It's typical of people who don't keep track of things. I have already read statements like that.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
SON OF A BITCH.

Yeah, sorry, but I'm not buying this game. Really. I was kinda pumped that Banjo and Kazooie were in it, since I've been a fan since BK on the 64, but really, one character isn't enough for me to buy a game that succeeds a very terrible tennis game that I wasted 50 of my dollars on. Sure, it had it's terrible moments, but at least you could be NiGHTS, and even Reala.

Now NiGHTS is taking the back seat to characters like Eek Eek the ball-obsessed monkey and Big the Cat, not to mention a pair of zombies that nobody's even heard of. It was what, a Japan-only game?! Let's face it, siblings. Sonic Team is letting NiGHTS fade into obscurity.

You know what? It's not the character or the franchise's fault that it didn't do well the second time around, Sonic Team. It's yours.

YOU sped the game along as a profit-maximizing measure, which, as YOU of all people should know always blows up in your face.

Journey of Dreams could've been something beautiful. Really beautiful. The story could've been something that we could brag about here. But what do we get? "Well, at least Wizeman's cool!" Instead, you rushed the game so you could pump out the next Sonic "rebirth", which, surprisingly, was halfway decent. Sonic Unleashed was definitely a turn in the right direction, away from the piles of slag you've been producing.

Let's say you take the initiative, now that you're starting to get your balls back, Sonic Team, and give us a good NiGHTS game?

And give us some damn NiGHTS DLC. Shame on whoever came up with this roster. Big the CAT?! REALLY?!

Okay, wow, sorry. That was a bit out of order and off topic, but I needed that. I'm still not buying this game.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
woa settle down EZEKiAL, that didn't sounded too mature, I mean...I understand you're a NiGHTS fan (everyone here is) but...wow

at least Im happy that they didn't completely forgot about NiGHTS, Im dissapointed that he's not playable but well...there are other 20 good characters to play with

so yeah, Im gonna play this game nonetheless

as for Zombio and Zombiko...Lucas, Marth and Ike anyone?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

as for Zombio and Zombiko...Lucas, Marth and Ike anyone?[/color]

TBH, I have known about Lucas and Ike waaay before Brawl, so they weren't obscurities for me. Marth was an obscurity in Melee, though.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
-grumble- I wasn't going to buy this game if NiGHTS wasn't playable. I'm just speaking my mind.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
lol well that's your loss

no need to bash the other characters thou

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

-grumble- I wasn't going to buy this game if NiGHTS wasn't playable. I'm just speaking my mind.

Where have you been the last four months, then? This kind of behavior isn't tolerable... :)

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Awright awright, this is upsetting news for all of us fans, but there's no need to call each other out like this. "Divide and conquer" is gonna make a mess of things, and we need all the steam we can get to correct this rather egregious oversight!

I was afraid that the Lakitu prediction was dead-on, since neither DiGi nor TRiPPY said anything about it. But it fits with everything they've been saying, and.. well, dang! XP

We might still be able to make a difference with DLC! This at least confirms the character model is in the game - would that hold any bearing on getting him in there? (For Wii owners? XD;;; )

Welp, now we know. The question, as it has been for several months, is what are we gonna do about it?

(And I concur, they pulled him outta the race because they think he can beat Sonic! And they're right!! XD)

EDIT: ..... so, wait. NiGHTS is either the Lakitu... or the sexy flag-waving racetrack babe? |D

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Alright, now with this revelation, DiGi and/or TRiPPY have to give us a little bit of insight about why the devs went this route. But if you guys still can't address it in any form, there's no pressure. I'm patient.

When the time comes.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Tristan causing some sh!t again over at Sonic Retro:

"It would have been a huge middle finger to the Don't Forget NiGHTS camp were it a Nightopian with the checkered flag and not NiGHTS itself. I would have loved to see the shitstorm that would have occurred were that the case. Not that this in of itself won't cause a stir, but we'll see."

He edited his post, too. Hmm... I wonder what it originally said...

Also, he put up an article of his own regarding this situationase:

Non-Playable NiGHTS Spotted in ASR Wii Trailer

GoNintendo has one up as well.

Now, since I'm sure you guys knew about this... when did you find out?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Jeez louise... Lakitu position? Couldn't Charmy have done that? Then again NiGHTS is in...somehow I guess... Did we change that?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Jeez louise... Lakitu position? Couldn't Charmy have done that? Then again NiGHTS is in...somehow I guess... Did we change that?

I'm assuming we did. Remember that quote that S0L left for us on these here forums? Something about us "keeping up with what we're doing"? I wouldn't doubt it if that helped our case to get NiGHTS in in some form, but I may be horribly mistaken. We have to wait for DiGi/TRiPPY to wake up and address this for us.

WAKE UP!!!!!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
That's great. :) Better than Charmy Bee any day. NiGHTS got in~ Too bad I'm currently broke. >>; I'll get ASR one day though. When I do I'll come in first just to see NiGHTS' short cameo, even in a soul-irking track.

Wonder if they'll make a NiGHTS track available...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok, people. PEOPLE. Settle down a second.

Before we begin going crazy over this sh!t let me be the first to say i knew about this cameo for a while. The same people who tipped me off as NiGHTS not being in it came back to me telling me since the campaign started NiGHTS turned up in the game a flagman. Which is why, for those of you who have been watching my posts, may have noticed i was posting *waves a flag* at various places. I even posted it on the FaceBook page as an actual post, mentioning for future reference that i was aware that something involving NiGHTS had happened.

NiGHTS was not in the game before. Period. This campaign must have caused something somewhere for this cameo to be made.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Good morning.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm actually extremely pissed off that the news is being taken badly.

I'm starting a new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users