Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

My random thought: MST3k is still one of the funniest shows ever created.

We've got to riff on the JoD cutscenes. I'll animate. :lol:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
OoT has changed a lot since the N64 days. Even on the Wii's virtual console you get the edited version from the GCN. Here's what i recall got changed...

1. Ganon's blood went from red to green after the gold cartridge. Censorship reasons. Blah.
2. The Fire Temple had it's music changed because of the chanting (I actually didn't know it was an actual language being sung until I looked it up 2 years back).
3. The moon and stars are gone from things replaced by an original design (I thought the design was cool as a kid...).
4. There is an extra boulder blocking your way at Zora's River. I remember this because before we sold the N64 I tried rolling and leaping into the river at the mouth where the pillar was. Jumped to the right of it, but never quite managed to make it. I imagine someone did though or someone at Nintendo saw this flaw and put another boulder there.
5. "Back off, Link!" That is what Sheik originally said to Link before Bongo Bongo escaped from the well. Now it's "Get back, Link!" This was probably changed since the former sounds like Sheik is being rude, not trying to prevent Link from being hurt. (I know this from an old 1998 Nintendo Power strategy guide that has a screenshot of Sheik saying the original line.)

... I remember too much from video games. >>;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

We've got to riff on the JoD cutscenes. I'll animate. :)

O_O seriously?

I would TOTALLY do this. And I'll keep it PG-13, too! SO WE CAN PUTS IT ON YOUTUBES! Who will comment with me, though? We need at least two people besides myself talking. Not gonna lie, this would be an awesome idea.

It just hit me how much video games and music run my life. It also just hit me that I now have less than four days until MAGFest. Ohmanohmanohmanohman.

Oh, and Nappa is awesome. Dragon Ball Z Abridged (Episode 1)
Episodes 7-9 are the best, though!

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .

O_O seriously?

I would TOTALLY do this. And I'll keep it PG-13, too! SO WE CAN PUTS IT ON YOUTUBES! Who will comment with me, though? We need at least two people besides myself talking. Not gonna lie, this would be an awesome idea.

It just hit me how much video games and music run my life. It also just hit me that I now have less than four days until MAGFest. Ohmanohmanohmanohman.

Oh, and Nappa is awesome. Dragon Ball Z Abridged (Episode 1)
Episodes 7-9 are the best, though!

GHOST NAPPA!!!
ahhh, nappa never gets old, along with the krillin ownage count :)

My random thought: i suck at playing the flute xD. I came to find this out by, a) i can't play D-F# for some reason :) i asked my friend who plays the flute for advice, and all i got was that i suck if i can't play it xD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

OoT has changed a lot since the N64 days. Even on the Wii's virtual console you get the edited version from the GCN. Here's what i recall got changed...

1. Ganon's blood went from red to green after the gold cartridge. Censorship reasons. Blah.
2. The Fire Temple had it's music changed because of the chanting (I actually didn't know it was an actual language being sung until I looked it up 2 years back).
3. The moon and stars are gone from things replaced by an original design (I thought the design was cool as a kid...).
4. There is an extra boulder blocking your way at Zora's River. I remember this because before we sold the N64 I tried rolling and leaping into the river at the mouth where the pillar was. Jumped to the right of it, but never quite managed to make it. I imagine someone did though or someone at Nintendo saw this flaw and put another boulder there.
5. "Back off, Link!" That is what Sheik originally said to Link before Bongo Bongo escaped from the well. Now it's "Get back, Link!" This was probably changed since the former sounds like Sheik is being rude, not trying to prevent Link from being hurt. (I know this from an old 1998 Nintendo Power strategy guide that has a screenshot of Sheik saying the original line.)

... I remember too much from video games. >>;

2. The Fire Temple used to say "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah" and "Allah is great." I actually like the chanting, though...
3. I remember playing OoT one day and my dad seeing the blocks and asking what the game had to do with Turkey and/or Islam. :)

O_O seriously?

Yes!

I have to download skype so we can play off of eachother's riffs, but it must be done! Kori was pretty active in the MST3K topic, so we should see if she's interested. Might this warrant it's own topic?

My random thought: i suck at playing the flute xD. I came to find this out by, a) i can't play D-F# for some reason :( i asked my friend who plays the flute for advice, and all i got was that i suck if i can't play it xD

I tried once. Nothing happened. When I went to the flute teacher to say that I quitting, I expected a big lecture about how giving up is bad. All he said was, "ok." :)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
There were intermittent fireworks here about an hour ago. :) Totally random. The sub-professional kind, too.

@Mr. Me: When I tried out the flute, I had a heck of a time trying to form my lips right. I finally got a sound out of the thing, but I decided clarinet was easier, so I went with that. :) From what I've observed, flute's hard to get the pitches out of, but once you can get the sound it's easy 'cause the keys are very easy to press. I don't think there is a single flute in our band that can't play complicated sixteenth-note runs at Allegro in our grade 4 music, and I don't think that's a coincidence. So just keep working at it. This early stage is the hardest part.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

2. The Fire Temple used to say "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah" and "Allah is great." I actually like the chanting, though...

I actually would wait around in the Fire Temple, waiting for those parts to be mentioned. It was...I dunno an interest in trying to know what was being said as a kid. Just standing there...listening... Weird for some, but I enjoyed the little things about OoT.

O_O seriously?

MST3K with JoD eh? I can see that happening, although I can't recall when I last watched that show. The channel would always get changed when it was on. :) All I remember is three shadows poking fun of a movie. Two robots and a human, right?

"Du-al-ize!"
"Does he have a speech impediment?"

... I should go watch some episodes, huh?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

MST3K with JoD eh? I can see that happening, although I can't recall when I last watched that show. The channel would always get changed when it was on. :) All I remember is three shadows poking fun of a movie. Two robots and a human, right?

"Du-al-ize!"
"Does he have a speech impediment?"

... I should go watch some episodes, huh?

Yes, go watch, that is the funniest show ever. I messaged Noctourne and started writing riffs for the cutscenes part 1. Going to make a new thread about it RIGHT NOW! Here it is. This is going to be AWESOME. Lol here's the roughest of the first minute I got thus far (use as reference for timing):

0:00 - (Sounding like John Connor from Terminator) 1997. Judgement Day. I was early.
0:05 - Ah, the peaceful serenity of suburbia at 7 am....with a metro line running RIGHT through it. *makes rumble noises and sounds of family screaming*
0:10 - Aww, shy camera man, it's okay, they wont bite!
0:17 - it's marty mcfly! (other person: look at that VEST!)
0:21 - GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! (other person interrupts: now CUT THAT OUT!)
0:30 - stupid hippie (other person: He's, like, ten years old, dude.)
0:36 - When did we enter Silent Hill?
0:43 - Dad? What happened to the color? (other person as will's father: hands off the suit, boy!)
0:49 - as wills father, fading away: TELL MOM I DON'T LOVE HER ANYMORE!!!!!
0:52 - WHOA! His car turned into a PLANE? (other person makes james bond music with mouth: Bu da PA-DA!)
0:57 - Shouldn't the plane have killed him? (other person: not when he's in Silent Hill)
1:01 - Oh great, we're watching "Visions of a Narcoleptic" (other two people start snoring)

AHH! I love running with impulse ideas.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Heh heh heh heh heh... That's funny. ^^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I really like chicken and rice.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
for some reason, my wii specificly hates brawl. i'm on my second one and it won't work in mine, but it will work on my firends :rolleyes:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

for some reason, my wii specificly hates brawl. i'm on my second one and it won't work in mine, but it will work on my firends :rolleyes:

Wii Lens Cleaner, sold at places like GameStop. Costs ten bucks and should help. Brawl has trouble on my Wii too. I just use the cleaner sometimes and voila it works.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I really like chicken and rice.

Me too.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Wii Lens Cleaner, sold at places like GameStop. Costs ten bucks and should help. Brawl has trouble on my Wii too. I just use the cleaner sometimes and voila it works.

just a qick question about that
did you wii have trouble playing other games? cause mine plays all my other games fine (except for melee, but thats in pitiful condition)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

just a qick question about that
did you wii have trouble playing other games? cause mine plays all my other games fine (except for melee, but thats in pitiful condition)

Nah, it was just Brawl. The disc has dual layers for the system to read so the game is more sensitive to smudges on the lens. How sensitive the lens is depends on when you bought it. Got mine when Walmarts were getting the Wiis via UPS still. Still a bit afraid of updating since the early models are said to "brick" easier. >>; Trying to look up whatever info I can before I update.

Edit: Still confused on the brick thing... Never modded my Wii, but it has fallen about 5 feet before. I just don't want to ship the system out for repairs is all, but it just seems if the installation isn't interrupted then the update should be successful.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I need a new wardrobe.

All my clothes seem so meh at the moment.

;_;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
SO. MUCH. STUFF. TO. PACK!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Mario/Tetris crossover- http://www.newground...tal/view/522276

Pretty clever, you use the Tetris side to build platforms for Mario.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Curious little site to push you off your writer's block. http://writeordie.drwicked.com/ Write whatever in the limit you place for yourself. (Caution: Do not attempt Kamikaze mode unless you're positive you can keep going until your goal. Whenever you stop writing, your work gets deleted.)

Whenever I get back to my story notes, I'll dedicate more time to this site.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
i was suprised, our blockbuster is going out of buisness, so i managed to buy:
spyro: A hero's tale
call of duty (don't ask which one, it didn't have any number)(no it's not 1 either)
castlevania(can't remember rest of name, and did i spell it right?)
and Samuri X
all for $1 each :P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I'm old! D: I feel old... ;_; It's like all my childhood dreams have had a ton of weight put on them. And the weights are smiling evilly.
Why evil weights, why?

On an upside, the Klonoa 2: Cursed Leorina soundtrack is great for epic commercials. :P

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I typed up a list of all the movies I've seen in 2009

Fewer films were watched compared to last year, but I think it's not too shabby.
(fun fact: I'm a movie buff)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I typed up a list of all the movies I've seen in 2009

Fewer films were watched compared to last year, but I think it's not too shabby.
(fun fact: I'm a movie buff)

You, Sir, have excellent taste in movies. It's sort of ironic that your best and worst films both were Halloween related.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
Happy New Years~ :3
明ã‘ã¾ã—ã¦ãŠã‚ã§ã¨ã†~

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I just lost the game :o

Edit: Happy New year

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
Happy new year everyone!

(Dammit, I just lost too!)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
My parents let us stay up on New Year's for the first time ever! O.O What's the most shocking part is, Dad agreed to let us watch another Matrix after midnight, so we stayed up until 2 am! :D This is the first time I or my brothers have ever seen The Matrix, too. Some parts made me squirm, but overall it really impressed me. Truly deserving of the word "epic." We watched the first two last night, so we'll watch the last one sometime today. Yayz!

Edit: *gasp!* Almost forgot! Happy New Year's, everyone! :D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
I played some semi-intoxicated NiD last night.. didn't really make too much difference in how I did. Played Splash Garden, didn't do great but no fail either, then actually got a couple Mare records in the Soft Museum but blew it almost totally losing to Clawz, attempting to Paraloop the dormant firecrackers and getting hit in the meanwhile.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
"Right, shoot. Shoot, shoot."

Is it bad that the first thing that popped up in my mind immediately after waking up was the thought of Ulala dancing? O_o Jeez... Freakin' Evila... T_T

Edit: Happy New Years everyone!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

"Right, shoot. Shoot, shoot."

Is it bad that the first thing that popped up in my mind immediately after waking up was the thought of Ulala dancing? O_o Jeez... Freakin' Evila... T_T

Edit: Happy New Years everyone!

SC5 has hidden messages that hypnotize you into always playing the game.

Happy New Year. :D

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
I'm almost up to 1000 posts on this forum! :P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

SC5 has hidden messages that hypnotize you into always playing the game.

Yes. Yes it does. I completely see that now. @_@ Soooo addicting. Must...dance...for...cookies...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
Almost at 1000. One more post after this...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
and Musashi_HUmar wins the Crazy Regular title! :P

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
That's right, Kisuke! XD lol I've been here way too long.... XD

MAXinsanity

MAXinsanity

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Eurgh. School begins again very soon.

Good luck to myself.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

and Musashi_HUmar wins the Crazy Regular title! :)

We all beat you, Count Dexula. :P

Random Though: Why is CD-i Ganon so much fun to draw? I really like his design. :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Caring about post-count is overrated... I'LL REACH 1000 SOMEDAY!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

We all beat you, Count Dexula. :)

goddamnit XD i'm only half way to being one aswell D:

and is it time to take down christmas decorations? >.>

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

goddamnit XD i'm only half way to being one aswell D:

and is it time to take down christmas decorations? >.>