Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
SNOW SNOW SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

it's snowing in London and it is PRETTY!

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
hullo there, miss headache =_= and just when I was going to study too ohhh, I need solpadeine...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I don't miss being in band at all. XD I was a percussionist.

You didn't like being a percussionist? All of our percussionists love it. Of course, they have their own separate class so they don't have to sit around bored while us winds play. All band directors should do that, I think.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
NOOO I DUN WANNA DO SCHOOL WORK

Oh, and I feel guilty for makin' 99 feel old, but hey, everyone is ageless on the internet XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I've really been into Disney parade music lately. NOCTOURNE I BLAME YOU FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER

Ha! Ha! I'm using the Disneyland Electrical Parade!

Time zones are an awful idea.

They don't have any in China.

Heh hehehehee.... OoT's Ganondorf is so frickin easy. He can be killed using a bottle and crouched sword stabs (quick ones) in his first form and with Deku Nuts in his second form. XD Granted, with the Deku Nuts, you have to hit him at least...once I think to get the Master Sword, and then kill him off with the Master Sword as the final strike. Until you switch over and stab him, you can just throw the things. Tried Deku Sticks once, but I think they kept breaking before I could see if they affected Ganon.

Also, the Hookshot can injure his second form. So much for an evil king if that and Deku Nuts can do him in. X3 Wish I could record the battles and show them on youtube.

A thought: Am I too much of a theorist on NiGHTS? I think I am. X3 I need the theories though so I can get back to CtV (fanfic) one day. (Unfortunately I'd be rambling if I went off on that. :P) Need to figure out how to make an outro, intro, and intermission for a test on Dreamers FM (yay for consideration!). I'd like to find out for myself so I can edit things when needed to on the spot. Neeeeed plot to drive a possible season before finalizing everything. @_@ (Yes, I need a plot for a fake radio station located at Somewhere ™ in between the Waking, Nightmare, and the dream utopias. :P)

Ganon: I AM LORD OF ALL EEEEEEEEVIL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA-

Deku Link: *ptooie*

Ganon: AAAAAAHHHHH! *dies*

There's no such thing as too much of a theorist! As long as you don't insist that YOU ARE CANON MUAHAHA! all is fine. :)

*hates putting drawma into the thread, but...*

Feline AIDS is not something you want your cat testing a strong positive for, especially if they're already having lung issues. ;-; (He wasn't exactly ours yet, but our full intent was to fix up his booboos, heal him of illness/parasites and either find his family or, if we couldn't, keep him ourselves - rest in peace, you sweetie-pie tom.)

That's too bad. Ironically, I have a friend named Meg who had a cat with kitty AIDS. :(

I have back pain and am going to bed at 9:30 PM. Ladies and Gentlemen, break out the over-the-hill jokes.

We'd never do that, Uncle Stevo!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Ganon: I AM LORD OF ALL EEEEEEEEVIL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA-

Deku Link: *ptooie*

Ganon: AAAAAAHHHHH! *dies*

There's no such thing as too much of a theorist! As long as you don't insist that YOU ARE CANON MUAHAHA! all is fine. :P

Heh heh. Oh. *ahem* With the theories I do try to stay canon, drawing upon evidence from the games or their instruction manuals (description of NiGHTS, Wizeman, etc.) to try and unravel some mysteries in the NiGHTS universe. Although, I think I've gone overboard. >>; I mean, I've even made a a theory on why in the 'JoD Before NiD' universe Reala has gotten weaker and NiGHTS has gotten stronger (seriously, that paraloop went from nearly harmless to a Pian killer).

And then there's the "Zelda theory" where you can't put the games in any chronological order and they are different tellings of the same tale. For Zelda, it was a young man who saved the region he was in from evil. For NiGHTS, it's the tale of a rebellious Nightmaren who helps a couple of Visitors in conquering their Nightmares so that their dreams may come true, sacrificing him/herself in the end. It's just interpreted depending upon the region one is in.

Randomness: Earthbound... I finally get why people go crazy over it (thank you Happy Video Game Nerd) but you still don't shove it down someone's throat until they're sick of it (some unnamed person at a gaming forum). T_T

...Why am I suddenly reminded of Steve Irwin and Urkel?

"Lit-tle Drea-mer, lit-tle Vis-i-tor
I have a see-cret a-bout the-Master
Master Wizeman up in his keep
Watches over while you're asleep..."

@_@ Pre-Behind the Persona Lull... I really have to write that thing... Must. Stop. Being. A. Perfectionist.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

NOOO I DUN WANNA DO SCHOOL WORK

Oh, and I feel guilty for makin' 99 feel old, but hey, everyone is ageless on the internet XD

Now you do your school work and then it's straight off to bed with you!

And I kidd about feeling old. And I totally wrote an awesome motivation speech here about never being old, and then deleted it. Just to mess with you all.

My random thought: I hate that it's human nature to always want what you can't/don't have, and to always take what you have for granted.

Edit: And Smashy, you have waaaay too much time to play games these days. I'm jealous.

Edit Edit:

We'd never do that, Uncle Stevo!

....clever.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Edit: And Smashy, you have waaaay too much time to play games these days. I'm jealous.

Who said I played Earthbound? That thing's crazy hard to find. It was just a review of the game showcasing the cool parts of it (every NPC, for example, has different dialogue). I haven't finished a game (outside of the quick under-an-hour playthroughs of Star Fox 64 once in a while) in quite some time. I honestly can't recall when I last beat a full 5 or 20+ hour game... I rarely play games for more than 20 minutes anymore. @_@

What i need to do is find a college that actually gives out degrees or certificates in journalism. The ones in my city stopped doing that. :/ I could always go to San Diego... Yay. :P Scholarships, a decent college with journalism degrees, the unemployment rate is down, and I need to hurry up and finish my original fiction, publishing at least one of them. Strreeeeesssss.... And that's just a few core issues at the moment.

My brain's "off" switch is broken, there's a wolf on the roof, the third option is always on, and I think someone crammed a boatload of paper into the suggestion bread box.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Being near yarn, thinking about future projects I might make, and just seeing all the happy colors fills me with incredible happy glee...
Bought three small balls of cotton yarn. Guess what color? Purple)))

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I realize I wished for snow and my dad to come home for Christmas (he's working in south Texas; he moved while we stayed so my brother could finish school here), a little earlier in the year in the Christmas thread. Well, my dad'll be up here for New Year, and...

...we're expecting 16" of snow by this time tomorrow night. 8D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

My random thought: I hate that it's human nature to always want what you can't/don't have, and to always take what you have for granted.

Think of it as a means of motivation. If you want what you don't have, you'll work for it and ultimately succeed.

Random Thought: I hate how in Adventure of Link I always die on my way to the hammer, and must start from far away. It's cruel. :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Posted Image

(I just rediscovered some INTERWEB HISTORY.)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Think of it as a means of motivation. If you want what you don't have, you'll work for it and ultimately succeed.

Random Thought: I hate how in Adventure of Link I always die on my way to the hammer, and must start from far away. It's cruel. :)

I hate how in Adventure of Link you can lose experience points. *_* I've never seen any other game that does that.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I hate how in Adventure of Link you can lose experience points. *_* I've never seen any other game that does that.

Actually, I've had it happen in the first four .hack games (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine). In fact, you can lose levels (although I've only had one at a time during play). I don't think it happens in Infection, but I do remember that Data Drain could sometimes affect you later on to where it would go "out of control" you and you'd lose EXP. Better than getting a game over. In the other 3 PS2 games, I can't recall if you could actually lose EXP (outside of the beginning where you go from a Lv. 133 Player Killer Killer to a Lv. 1 Newb).

Heh heh. I love the .hack games... Never found out what happens if you finish then the item quest from Quarantine though...

Edit: Holy toledo. O_O Hulu...is playing the unthinkable...

The Legend of Zelda the series! Your ears will surely bleed. <----- (Don't click the link... It's filled with... the "catch phrase." You can drive people nuts with it though.)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Edit: Holy toledo. O_O Hulu...is playing the unthinkable...

The Legend of Zelda the series! Your ears will surely bleed. <----- (Don't click the link... It's filled with... the "catch phrase." You can drive people nuts with it though.)

Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess! I actually liked it eons ago! :P

My modern take on the Zelda cartoon is less, "Cool! It's the sword beam!" and a bit more, "Why is the walking the triforce on a leash?"

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Today I've seen and actually held 40 centimeters tall ball-jointed doll. I think I'm in love with those things.
And now I want to make NiGHTS costume for the said doll.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Finally started (re)building my arcade cabinet. However, I set up the Tank Stick on the big screen for a little bit of fun playing MAME. Here's a pic:
Posted Image

Street Fighter 2 + Arcade Stick + 52" TV = close to heaven.

OH and I got one of my Christmas presents today! My friend ended up buying me a Saturn USB Controller! WOOOOOOHOOOO!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Was it a PlaySega USB Saturn pad? I got one a couple weeks back - it's inspiring me to get into PC gaming again.

Also Final Fantasy V has been eating up way too much time and it isn't even that great a game? But I feel I must MASTER MORE CLASSES before going into the last area. After I beat it I'll only have seven more games in the core series... but if you count sequels to main series games, that bumps up to ELEVEN... and if you count everything that says "Final Fantasy" (which I thankfully do not) at least TWENTY-FOUR UNPLAYED GAMES IN THE SERIES. And there's another due out in a couple months! Sweet monkey I don't know how people do it.

I hope I can be done with FFV tomorrow and then switch to something with action.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I told myself to stop working on fanfiction... The logical side of my brain said: "Original fiction is where your heart is at! You want to be a published author and there's two stories, seven books in all, you have to write. Maybe more if there are spin-offs. You still have to outline about five and a half of those books and knowing your family's history, you have about 30 more years to complete them all... And how long has it taken you to write a single full-length fanfiction?! (Answer: about 5 years, still not finished, although it is about half way done.) Get off your bum and write! Outline, structures, personalities, realms, major events, and more. Get everything straightened out and write it all already!"

Meanwhile the happy side of my mind is going: "See that icon? Cliiick. Yeah, that's it. Don't mind what I'm subliminally telling you, just click that. Good, now click this and double click that. Ta-da! Now make up some more things for that long-abandoned fanfic. Come on! It'll be fun!" And then i say "Meh" and end up outlining a chapter or so, getting a headache all the while because it's a very stupid fanfiction (even though it does have a moral...sort of).

Oh, and radioactive chickens. My fowl-based nightmares have never been the same... ...Oh and something about freeware. Yeah. Losing my mind. It's a tradition to do so now.

Will's dad screensaver! ...Yeah. Definitely losing it.

Edit: Sorry, but I need to vent a bit. Ugh. I can still smell the scent of lingering alcohol.
Spoiler

Spoiler
/rant

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

Finally started (re)building my arcade cabinet. However, I set up the Tank Stick on the big screen for a little bit of fun playing MAME. Here's a pic:

Street Fighter 2 + Arcade Stick + 52" TV = close to heaven.

OH and I got one of my Christmas presents today! My friend ended up buying me a Saturn USB Controller! WOOOOOOHOOOO!

Oooooohhhhhh yeeeeeeessssss~<3

------

I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN FF XIII BUT I ALSO WANNA WAIT FOR THE GAME T___T

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
Smashy, I unfortunately know all too well what you're talking about. Combine that with other factors and life isn't fun. Just try to put yourself above it. :P NiGHTS: Into Internet Forums.

And Leon, while the huge TV is awesome, I want to get my cab up and running. The stand-up feel of true arcade consoles can't be matched.

My random though: My friend approached me with a proposition of remixing Sega racing game soundtracks. And I already started writing licks to Daytona: Let's Go Away!

Doot do doot do do do do do dooooo doooo
DAAAAAAAAYTTTTTOOOOOOONNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Blegh.... I feel like sh!t. Things did NOT go well last night or this morning...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Musashi, I hope you feel better soon.

NiGHTS: Into Internet Forums.

O_O YEEESSS! This place always makes me feel happy. ^^ Thanks Lev.

Randomnessity: Super Smash Bros. Royale featuring Ven as the interdimensional traveler from another world (the umpteenth one). Wears a Geno-inspired (Super Mario RPG) costume with "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" as the victory theme. :P ...Fanfiction. Again. Not as bad the nightmare last night which I'm sure was brought on Jackle again. ...Or something. I was actually collecting Ideya (yellow and green ones mostly). O_o Walking around and flying to do so. Werewolves, Dr. Cortex, and something about a parade... At least it was like a video game where I could reload from the last mistake. >>

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I realized that I haven't had the hiccups in the longest time. Strange, because I used to get them all the time, like, at least once a day. Hmm...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
School's out, winter break picks up where the snow days leave off, and so why am I still working on an English essay? Because my English teacher is a workaholic who has nothing else to live for but work and believes in making everyone else work as much as possible, too, so the essay is still due tomorrow, by e-mail, and I can't focus. My mind is on Christmas mode already. I'm worrying about presents that I may not have time to get, feeling the slow-down from the Christmas music and Enya playing around the house, and just generally feeling brain-fuzzy from lack of sleep and overworking last week. Not only that, but the same English teacher gave us a reading assignment over break: Things Fall Apart. It wouldn't be so bad ('cause I've already read it once before), but I have to write journal entries on it, which drastically increases the amount of time I need to spend on it. T-T There's one good point. I get to play Klonoa: Empire of Dreams in the car on the way down to Florida tomorrow. Yay for portable games. If I had a hand-held NiGHTS game, I'd be a happy turkey.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Twisted ankles aren't fun. That's a given.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
I should definatly get a dance going on with this song when the band goes to disney http://www.youtube.c...;feature=ivthey get a 20 person lightsaber saber battle going last year, so this isn't too farfetched, right?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Chia seeds start to make poo poo smell when they've been sitting in water too long.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

And Leon, while the huge TV is awesome, I want to get my cab up and running. The stand-up feel of true arcade consoles can't be matched.

Ain't nothing like it~ Post some pics (hell, make a topic) when you get it finished! =D

---------

Damn it's hot. I need a cocktail.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
OMG! CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE! :)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Jin-gle bells
Sprained an-kles
The time is almost here

To rip the gifts
Now don't be miffed
If you get socks this ye-ar

PCs break
Lies in cake
Oh-nine is almost done

We went there
With pedobear
It's Will's Dad, qui-ick ru-un.

...I'm done. :)

MAXinsanity

MAXinsanity

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Good lord why the heck do I always wake up early.

I hate it more than Francis hates vans.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Watch out world, I'm doing a horrible special of Dreamers FM starring DJ, party-goers, and the zany Zay. Heh heh... Nightmare war propaganda. Also...

"Heeeeeyyyyyy Dreamer!" :o 2 AM and I'm still recording. XP Got a good 45 minutes to cover...somehow. Making the script on the fly. XD

Edit: What could happen does happen and I can't complete the special... Oh well. Maybe some other time.

MAXinsanity

MAXinsanity

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Merry Christmas everyone, here's a Von Newmann Universal Constructor for all you guys (And girls!)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Merry Christmas to all of you. The Disney parade didn't keep my attention for long.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i got an Xbox with a broken controler, how useful :o

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Using the iTouch to type is not fun. - - I need a laptop. But hey, it's worth it to say hi to you all on Christmas.

Merry Christmas! :o :o

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Dreamers, hope you all had a happy day today.

My random thought: MST3k is still one of the funniest shows ever created.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Never buy a HP.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
thinking you have an eyelash in your eye and instead finding a really long hair = ARRRRGH GROSS OUT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users