Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

AYRiES's Content

There have been 171 items by AYRiES (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#200 So, are you happy Reala is returning?

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 02:47 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hmm, to be honest I'm not really that bothered. Reala is a cool enough idea- the mirror image to NiGHTS thing- and he has a nice design. The boss stage in the original was cool too, it was different to the other bosses because rather than simply moving around in the right pattern (and figuring it out of course) he did what you did- meaning it was a much quicker and less about figuring it out (which means I'm rubbish cause I suck at reacting XD), more 'Aaaah help he's coming PARALOOP!' boss fight.

So I think it could be cool if he has a similar kinda thing in the new game, but to be honest I'm worried they'll make him more... individual almost. I like the fact he still almost seems to 'belong' to Wizeman, again fits in with the mirror image kinda thing he seems to have.

I want Puffy back more though =[ and Gillwing... they were more interesting to me.

As for Claris/Elliot, I love that they're back, makes sense they'd go to Nightopia again (I mean, they still have their ideya =p) and I always loved their designs. I like the idea that they can get the same dreamscape back as well (if this isn't a remake that is...) and maybe it's changed a bit.

#204 -wavewave-

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 02:58 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hiya! =D I've always hated introductions, I'm awful at them ¬_¬ Still, I might as well give it a go I suppose.

My name would be Ayries then. Well, OK my real name is Elizabeth (not Liz. Thankyou. XD) but I tend to ignore that... -cough- I'm 14 and live in England. Around the middle I think. -bad with maps- My favourite colours are pink, red and green (and yellow. And purple. Actually, I like all colours equally almost... changes around a lot! XD)... That's all the boring stuff.

My main interests are NiGHTS (obviously! XD), Sonic, drawing, photography, and I'm currently a bit obsessed with sewing, which was unexpected but oh well. Not complaining. I want to make a Claris cosplay eventually, I'm hoping to try and start this year. Oh, and I'm also completely obsessed with the show Doctor Who- if you ever need your ears talking off, just bring it up. Hehe =D

I'm quite new to NiGHTS I suppose, I've had it a little over a year or so but I'm still just as obsessed with it as I was when I first got it. Even if my Saturn does make annoying noises and white lines. I suffer for it! XD Nah, I love the game. Everything about it, but especially exploring the levels. Well, OK so i don't like Stick Canyon but I think that's just because it's so hard! XD

Anyway... I can't think of much else to say to be honest. Hope to see you all around at any rare

#209 Hello from Auntie SiLK!

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 03:12 PM in Introduce Yourself

Siiiilk! XD Oh wait, sorry, Aunty Silk. =D It's great to see you! -hug-

#210 Hello there!

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 03:17 PM in Introduce Yourself

OK, number one- Woo, Doctor Who fan! <3<3<3 XD

Back on topic. It's also cool to see another newer fan around, I feel a bit weird sometimes XD Anyway, great to see you here =) See you around hopefully! =D

#319 I'm thinking of making a video for youtube

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 06:05 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I never even knew there was an AR for the Saturn! XD Anyway, I'd be very interested in seeing them. I've seen NiGHTS glitch once or twice but nothing major so it's be really interesting to see =D

#508 So, how did you get into NiGHTS?

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 08:51 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Someone through dA- actually, I think it was several people, haha I got lucky XD- had links to this site in their journals. Which got me interested and eventually led to me getting a Saturn for my birthday and then the game. Not a very interesting way of getting into it... I was actually involved with the forums and stuff for months before I got the game though, I was so obsessed with getting it!

I want the option of playing the game with just the kids. Like, no NiGHTS, no scores (so no cheating! XD) and most importantly NO egg clock. It wouldn't take any challenge *away* from the game and it would be far too fun D= Maybe only once you've cleared the stage so it's not just for if you're lazy? XD

#513 Sega Splash! Golf

Posted by AYRiES on 25 April 2007 - 08:57 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

o_o That looks really like that Wii pangya/albatross 18 game (I thinik that's the game Shark's talking about, Super Swing Golf?) but it's still kinda cool. Cartoony NiGHTS! Come to think of it, was that the old outfit or the new one? Seems an odd thing to shove the characters into though, sounds a bit like a generic cash in to me. Still, it might be pretty good, we'll have to see I suppose.

The fact that Sega seem to like using NiGHTS so much looks good though XD Looks like they're really hoping JoD will be pretty successful, not just some small one off ting...

#832 NiGHTS music

Posted by AYRiES on 26 April 2007 - 02:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Splash Garden is wonderful, and Twin Seeds... I love the full theme as well though. Actually, pretty much everything but that theme that's sung. The tune's pretty bland and the singing is hardly what I'd call good. Still, it's really hard to decide... D= But yeah, SG I suppose.

The new game... I want it to have the same feel to it- to me the old songs always had something in common- but for NEW levels especially I want totally new music. Remade levels can be remixes/original music but new levels are new dreamscapes with new things to them and so they need new music =\ I expect it to be just as good though, it's the same composer I think, isn't it?

#1435 YamiLover's Winamp skin!

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:05 AM in Creative Stuff!

As I said on the oekaki it's so prettyyyy *_* It looks just like Mystic Forest. It's all lovely and it's got the light shining through and ee! XD i could never do Mystic Forest, too much actual effort/skill involved! D=

I want to do a handpainted scape on some small canvases I have at some point, but I'll need more paint I think, first. I just have those really liiiittle bottles. XD

#1436 NiGHTS' new forms?

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I want a ball mask or something so he can roll around. I think I just want to see what a NiGHTS ball would look like, actually. Or a fire mask, so he can turn into a flaming ball of DEATH! =D Espcially in Spring Valley!

I like the masks idea. That way you have to be strategic as to when you use them cause you won't automatically just shift back when they aren't needed. There'd better be a merNiGHTS though... So yeah, merNiGHTS, or maybe you won't need ones that still keep him in his basic form? Just a tail? Hmm.

#1442 NJOD graphics

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:15 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I think the only thing I don't really like is NiGHTS' model, but I think it's probably not finished yet, and I thought that about Sonic and the Secret Rings until I saw it in motion- it moves so quickly your brain doesn't notice the jaggedness, just the basic thing. So maybe NiGHTS will be the same...

#1557 YamiLover's Winamp skin!

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 02:47 PM in Creative Stuff!

You call that skill?! I see so many errors in this picture that is drives me nuts. I had to stop after almost 5 hours though because I couldn't stand to look at it any long. lol I probably only think this way because it is my own picture though.

I would love to see your paintings as well. They are great for dreamscapes. (Hard...but great. I stink at painting. :) ) Paint is expensive though. Take your time.

Trust me, I always feel the same way =p Nothing's perfect and the fact that you've stared at it for 5 hours in a row means you'll have seen EVERYTHING XD It's lovely. Paint is expensive (Though, if I used all the shades of green and stuff mixed together I might have enough...) I can't decide which one to do though, other than NOT Twin Seeds cause I don't have much black and you have to use black a lot so ;_; Maybe museum?

#1558 Purgatory's MiNDLESS SCRiBBLES

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 02:54 PM in Creative Stuff!

I...I... I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight ;_; That's just WRONG XD Hilarious, but wrong.

#1559 NiGHTS' new look

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 03:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I personally love it. I think it's just so pretty *_* I really love the little extra things they put in. It looks like NiGHTS- same kinda lines and such but it has more frills! XD I suppose it looks a little unbalanced but not that much- it looks fine to have the top more detailed to me, but eh. I don't like the eyelashes though, they're not really separated right =\ They should either be really detailed or simple. -shrug-

#1638 YamiLover's Winamp skin!

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:30 PM in Creative Stuff!

I hope you can do lots of differnt detail if you do Soft Museum. I think that is by far the hardest to do. Splash Garden might work though. You need to practice with makeing waves though. There are some good brush techniques out there and its pretty fun. (Two big paintings I had to do invovled lots of water.... O.O

Also, you should probably put your pictures up here. There are some that probably haven't seen your lovely Oekaki board dreamscapes. Same goes for you Prince. (HOwever you may need to put links for some of yours Prince because you havea lot of them. lol )

Haha fair enough! =D I'll post them in a new art topic though I think since i need to make one and I need something to put in them. XD

I'd love to do Museum, hard yes but still. I might do it near the start, with Claris standing near NiGHTS or something. Hmm, but I've always wanted to try painting water. Plus, there's no big blocks of colour in those 2, so I can save on paint! -cheap- Also, Silvia Callisto, that's a really nice sketch! So curvy. XD

#1647 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:43 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hiya! First off, some dreamscapes I did on the oekaki.

<a href="http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_385.png" target="_blank">http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_385.png</a>

<a href="http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_378.png" target="_blank">http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_378.png</a>

<a href="http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_368.png" target="_blank">http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_368.png</a>

Aaand another oekaki pic that is a WIP but I'm too proud of NOT to show off =D human NiGHTS. i took some liberties with the skin tone, I like dark skin and purple =p

Posted Image

I totally need to draw Claris and Elliot and get my revised NiGHTS design up. i tend to tweak designs around for fun and I updated my NiGHTS one for the new outfit. It's kindafrilly.

Ooooh and I almost forgot, DreamCast's idea of MIDGET NiGHTS made me think of Alice in Wonderland... whiiich I've never read. So yeah. Here.

<a href="http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_291.png" target="_blank">http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_291.png</a>

#1653 Your favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 07:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Puffy! She had such a great level, design, music and way to fight her. Really meant you had to be good at the GAME not just the boss IMO. =D I love Gulpo too though. And Jackle. I hate Clawz's battle (When I eventually beat him I had ONE second left...) Shame I feel so bad about doing different bosses on different levels =p

#1726 Aura's little art folder

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 09:36 PM in Creative Stuff!

Oo, they're lovely. the colouring is wonderful, so soft. And the way you draw bodies especially, they look very graceful. I especially love the top one and your WIP. Both so lovely *_*

#1736 Wii-mote control

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 09:44 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think if the game is sideways on rails (likely) then it'll be a Secret Rings style thing. No idea how you'd go up down- twisting it as well? Unless you're behind NiGHTS, then maybe it'd be a little different. And obviously movements for the tricks. As for traditional, nunchuck for movement, those 2 buttons on it and the A button for tricks etc. 1 and 2 and the d-pad for tricks on wiimote control maybe?

#1740 A Sairun Sketchbook -Last Updated: 29/10/07

Posted by AYRiES on 27 April 2007 - 09:49 PM in Creative Stuff!

Those are so great! I love your style, the face shape and expressions look really neat and I love the detail you ut into the pictures. So awesome *_* And great ideas too, very unique looking =) And I love the little details on their outfits!

#2055 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 28 April 2007 - 11:02 AM in Creative Stuff!

Aww, thanks for the compliments =D I neeeeed to make myself finish the NiGHTS pic ¬_¬ I migth have a marathon later or something. In the meantime, I've done a sketch of Claris =) I want to do one of Elliot too, I never draw him and he's too cool not to do :) Oh, and I alos did this weird messy NiGHTS thing that I have no idea wtf it is XD I like the ideya though *_*

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2056 Nara's Artwork

Posted by AYRiES on 28 April 2007 - 11:05 AM in Creative Stuff!

That is fantastic. And really really creepy o_o The teeth and the eyes and... just... creepy. XD The colouring is so nice, and all the detail you put in on things like the claws... it makes me think of a comic book or something, it all really pops out at you. =) I can't wait to see more from you.

#2058 TRiPPY's Art Projects

Posted by AYRiES on 28 April 2007 - 11:10 AM in Creative Stuff!

Your artwork is so expressive and wonderful. You can get so much across in just one panel. It's amazing. They're all so beautiful! And everyone looks, I dunno, really solid and rounded and they all look like they're part of the world. They don't look like they've been drawn separately. And the coloured ones... the colouring is just so nice. Really detailed, as well.

#2060 YamiLover's Winamp skin!

Posted by AYRiES on 28 April 2007 - 11:29 AM in Creative Stuff!

Ehh, I suppose I might as well put the 'scapes I did in here as well. =D So here. In reverse order of when I did them- Valley was my first.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_385.png

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_378.png

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/red/oe...ures/OP_368.png

#2065 Contest Suggestions

Posted by AYRiES on 28 April 2007 - 11:43 AM in NiGHTSFan @ DeviantArt.Com

Hmm, how about a design-a-dreamscape contest? I love the idea of designing a dreamer as well. A 15 years later contest, where yo draw/write/whatever an older Claris/Elliot going back?