Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contest Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
--Updated 5/17/05

Current suggestions:
* Cosplay
* New holiday skins
* Original dreamscapes
* New minions
* Redesigns
* Real life situations (School, etc.)
* Alien settings (Example: NiGHTS in Metal Gear Solid)
* Fanfiction
* Scenario interpretation (Example: The way you interpret a bossmaren fight)
* Meeting your fav NiD character in person
* NiD themed dress/suit for a dream ball
* What NiD characters might be up to now (After the game ends)
* Funny/interesting NiD related photos (Involving costumes, plushies, etc.)
* NiD printed posters to get new people interested in the game
* Creative uses for pians
* Possible ways to convince Yuji Naka to make a sequel
* Chao based off of NiD characters

Feel free to post with any ideas you might have. If anyone would like to volunteer to do prizes for winners, that'd be great.

Current prize artists (Unless anyone's changed their minds): Myself, Wyldflowa, Jazz

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I'd be glad to volunteer to be one of the prize artists. ^-^ I think you've seen my gallery on deviantart not to long ago. I make plushies, scarfs, pillows and other random things. All of the contest suggestions sound like wonderful ideas.

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.
Some Ideas.

Drawing/painting-
Design your own-
Nightmaren
Minion
Dreamer

Illustrate yourself as a-
Nightmaren
Minion
Dreamer
Nightopian

A 3D Contest-
Make something NiGHTS related.

Fanfic contest-
Put yourself in a characters place and tell the NiGHTS tale from their p.o.v.

:edit: Moar.
Possibly having some sort of dream-related prompts to write from.
A prequel story.
A Sequel story.
Your interpritation of how the events in the game went down.
I'm an advocate for writing...

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Can't really suggest anything that hasn't been already, but Sai shall volunteer as a Prize Giver if you'll have him.
My devART account is a decent way of checking if my stuff would be acceptable to you~

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
I'll volunteer to draw prizes for winners.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hmm, how about a design-a-dreamscape contest? I love the idea of designing a dreamer as well. A 15 years later contest, where yo draw/write/whatever an older Claris/Elliot going back?

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
i think we should design a new nightmaren, their stage, powers and possibly their relationship with NiGHTS. explain what weakness they're suppose to exploit in the children they haunt ETC. :3

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
This is kinda up there, but how 'bout we draw a picture of NiGHTS (or another NiD-related character) and Photoshop him into a real-life place or situation. Like, a picture of Wizeman caught in NYC XD. Or, a picture of NiGHTS next to you at the computer, or helping you draw. Of course, the background would have to be a photo, not a drawing. Only the NiD character would be drawn. Like this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53357341/ .

Or, what would Wizeman do in the Waking? Force people to give him...ice cream? Idk, just throwing out suggestions :).

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Design a Nightopian? Possibly...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Design a Nightopian? Possibly...

Ooh, I like that idea :lol: :P!

Come on! Some more ideas, everybody? The NiGHTS-fan club is soooo dead :/. I asked for membership in December, when I first joined dA, and I'm still not a member :|.

Edit: Yes, I'm not afraid to rant about it. I got the feeling no one reads this anyway :/.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I've seen a Reala chao somewhere, and I bet I could make a Jackle chao. It wouldn't have a cape and I couldn't show a picture of it, but it's possible.

50th post yay!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

50th post yay!

Congratulations on the 50th post ^-^!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Come on! Some more ideas, everybody? The NiGHTS-fan club is soooo dead :/. I asked for membership in December, when I first joined dA, and I'm still not a member :|.

Edit: Yes, I'm not afraid to rant about it. I got the feeling no one reads this anyway :/.

It's sadly very dead. Seems like the club owner doesn't have as much time as he/she used to have...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

It's sadly very dead. Seems like the club owner doesn't have as much time as he/she used to have...

Yeah ;-;. I probably would be a bit madder, but I understand she's a bit busy with offline life at the moment, so... I'm not really as mad as I probably would be.

I have seen people wanting to join the club, but then noticing it's dead and walking away. :o

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
The club is REALLY dead, yeah, we never got the results of the Secret Santa thing either did we?

If the owner doesn't have time, maybe they could organise some sort of thing with more than one upkeeper, or even just hand the club over? Even if just temporarily?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

The club is REALLY dead, yeah, we never got the results of the Secret Santa thing either did we?

If the owner doesn't have time, maybe they could organise some sort of thing with more than one upkeeper, or even just hand the club over? Even if just temporarily?

Handing the club over temporarily, or having several owners.... that's a good idea (until the club owner decides she's no longer busy/she has time to maintain the club). Of course, we'd probably want permission from the club owner first before doing anything....

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Of course, we'd probably want permission from the club owner first before doing anything....

... Something I should've done X-x''. Sorry..., I thought the club was, well, just that. Dead. No one cared about it anymore, that is...

Jamie Lee

Jamie Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Art, writing, martial arts, spriting, music, annoying people, psychology, forensics, cartoons, other stuff...
It wasn't dead. I wasn't busy, and I'm not in school. If you had asked instead of assumed, you would have discovered that the club was on hiatus. I own two very large DA clubs and I run both of them completely by myself - and no, I have no interest in hiring a staff. They take up a -lot- of my time and energy. On top of this I had lost a lot of energy having to deal with certain members. I needed a break from both of my clubs to recharge. A long one. The news of the sequel hasn't been helping either as I'm extremely worried about it.

If you had had the courtesy to ASK me, I would have been okay with it. Hell, I might have handed over the keys to the account itself. Lord knows I'd been considering it anyway, and it's not like it hard to get in contact with me. But instead I find out SECOND HAND that someone had gone behind my back and taken my hard work that I have busted my back to build. That club means a lot to me, and I do not approve or appreciate anyone trying to clone it. Do you realize what a slap on the face that felt like?

Would you like to know the irony? I had been considering coming back lately, but now I'm debating whether or not I want to continue maintenance at all.

I'm very disappointed and disgusted. Thank you.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I am horrible sorry that you feel this way and feel partly responsible for it, especially since I was one of the people who encourage it and sent out the announcement. I can completely understand that you are angry about NNR07 copying the info, but he wasn't attempting to copy the club - just offer a temporary option until you had time for the club again. We never meant to hurt you this way.

However, there's something that's been confusing me: Why didn't you post about the club being on hiatus? I checked the club, your DA journals, the journal about the clubs, and I couldn't find anything indicating you were taking a break. I'm not putting the blame on you, far from it, but I'm confused about why you didn't post anything about it. A "On hiatus" would've been enough to make people understand what was going on.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I am horrible sorry that you feel this way and feel partly responsible for it, especially since I was one of the people who encourage it and sent out the announcement. I can completely understand that you are angry about NNR07 copying the info, but he wasn't attempting to copy the club - just offer a temporary option until you had time for the club again. We never meant to hurt you this way.

However, there's something that's been confusing me: Why didn't you post about the club being on hiatus? I checked the club, your DA journals, the journal about the clubs, and I couldn't find anything indicating you were taking a break. I'm not putting the blame on you, far from it, but I'm confused about why you didn't post anything about it. A "On hiatus" would've been enough to make people understand what was going on.

I'm going to have to agree with animejosse here.

Please understand, I meant NO HARM to you or nightsfan. I just wasn't sure whether you had the time or feeling of running the club. I wanted to help you and the fandom. I should've asked you. I didn't. And I feel like a complete loser and jackass. I just thought you didn't care, and didn't mind. I shouldn't have assumed, and I'm sincerely sorry for all the trouble I've caused you. As for using the same writing and art, that was completely stupid and ignorant of me as well, and both have been taken down (MINUS the ID, because I got permission from the original artist to keep that up, and it will stay up as long as she has no objection, because the art belongs to her. ) .

Exactly what AnimeJosse said. I wasn't trying to copy you or make fun of the club, or put you down for not updating the club. If that's the impression you got, then I'm really sorry about that. I just wanted a temporary place to hang out. Have fun. In-fact, I was trying to take some of the pressure of running the club off your shoulders for the time being. Looks like my plan backfired.

A new club that is completely and utterly different from nightsfan has been made, so the nightsfan I made will most likely be shut down sometime soon, and I'll be shifting my work on this new club.

As well, I do have to strike the same question animejosse said.: Why didn't you post an 'On Hiatus' message?

Just like animejosse, I'm not blaming you for this mess, but, I'm kinda confused as well.

Again, I'm severly sorry for any trouble I've caused, and I did not mean to cause harm to you, the club, it's members, or anyone involved. I just wanted to help. I should have asked you first, true. I just thought you were otherwise too busy, or didn't care, like I said.

I'm sorry, to all of you, if I killed nightsfan. You can shift all the blame on me, if it makes you feel better. I don't entirely see how it would, but irony strikes in the strangest places. One person already has, along with flaming the club supporters.

Edit: Oh, and, sorry for totally hijacking this thread.

Here's another contest suggestions Maresuke gave to me.:

NEW ID 8D!

Or (This one i came up with)

N:JoD POSTER 8D

Anyway, if you want me shut down the club, tell me. I'll probably go do so, but I'm not saying I will, because most of the club's supporters are really getting tired of waiting, and I didn't mean to insult you in the first place. I can't do anything about either of these. I do warn you, however, that a few people said that they WILL start a new nightsfan, practically like the one I created, with or without your permission. And if such does happen, don't blame me. I swear, I will have NOTHING to do with these other nightsfans. Like I've said, people were tired of waiting. They didn't even know the club was on hiatus. I sure as f*!*ing hell didn't. I thought you stopped caring about nightsfan, especially because I rarely heard you mention the club.

Again, I'm sorry about this, but all I did was make a shitty mistake. I'm human, for God's sake. I copied what you wrote because I considered the nightsfan I made was the exact same as yours, and creating completely and utterly new things was pointless. Doesn't matter now. I'm creating new galleries, rules, and getting new members as well. New contests up. The only thing that's the same from the old nightsfan is the title.

That's all I'm going to rant out for now, and probably the last thing I'll mention of -tempo. I'm pretty confused myself about nightsfan, and I really don't care about either clubs that much anymore. I wanted to apologize..., and I did. I won't apologize again, though. It's your choice to accept it or not.

Consider this an apology if you want. Maybe a rant. It's a tad bit of both, really. I just hope one NiGHTS Club sparks and everyone likes it. That's what I really wanted. I'm pretty sure that's what you all wanted, too.

Edited by NNR07, 13 August 2007 - 04:20 PM.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Making another fan club is one thing, there are countless DA clubs worshiping the same hair on Snape's big right toe, but when it comes to stealing assets etc, I can see where things would get messy.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Making another fan club is one thing, there are countless DA clubs worshiping the same hair on Snape's big right toe, but when it comes to stealing assets etc, I can see where things would get messy.

Agreed. I don't know... I guess this wasn't one of my best ideas.

Jamie Lee

Jamie Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Art, writing, martial arts, spriting, music, annoying people, psychology, forensics, cartoons, other stuff...
I should have noted the hiatus. That was my mistake and I admit to it e_e;; At the time I was so frustrated (over a number of things, mind you) I sorta just ran off to try to get as far away from everything as I could for awhile until things settled back down. It's not really an excuse though, so I apologize very much for leaving everyone hanging like that...

As far as shutting the club down... Well, I've been kind of between a rock and a hard place there. I don't want to see it die because I'm really proud of what it's become. I never expected it to become so large (Honestly, I'd never entered the fandom before then... I had no idea the game had so many supporters), but I still don't feel like I'm ready to come back either =/ As I said, I don't really want to hire a staff... It probably sounds egotistical and selfish, but I have my own rhythm in how I do things... And I just know I'd either end up slacking off on my end of responsibilities or looming over others if it's not being done as fast or in the way I want x_x;; I'm horrible like that. There's also been a few times where I've considered offering the keys over to someone like Lynne because I know someone like her would be devoted and treat the club right. My only problem with giving it up is - and there's that selfishness again - I'm still very proud and want to keep it for myself. Perhaps I should let go though... I've been a really crappy owner e_e

I'm sorry if I seem a little overreactive as well.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
We all made some mistake. I think it's time to move on, and back on topic.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I should have noted the hiatus. That was my mistake and I admit to it e_e;; At the time I was so frustrated (over a number of things, mind you) I sorta just ran off to try to get as far away from everything as I could for awhile until things settled back down. It's not really an excuse though, so I apologize very much for leaving everyone hanging like that...

As far as shutting the club down... Well, I've been kind of between a rock and a hard place there. I don't want to see it die because I'm really proud of what it's become. I never expected it to become so large (Honestly, I'd never entered the fandom before then... I had no idea the game had so many supporters), but I still don't feel like I'm ready to come back either =/ As I said, I don't really want to hire a staff... It probably sounds egotistical and selfish, but I have my own rhythm in how I do things... And I just know I'd either end up slacking off on my end of responsibilities or looming over others if it's not being done as fast or in the way I want x_x;; I'm horrible like that. There's also been a few times where I've considered offering the keys over to someone like Lynne because I know someone like her would be devoted and treat the club right. My only problem with giving it up is - and there's that selfishness again - I'm still very proud and want to keep it for myself. Perhaps I should let go though... I've been a really crappy owner e_e

I'm sorry if I seem a little overreactive as well.

It's alright. We all make mistakes. I understand ^^''! It's a good enough excuse, personally.

I will, anyway, close down the nightsfan I made soon. It wasn't really... well... needed. Personally, though, I wouldn't close down nightsfan. One of my friends started a small place for NiGHTS fans to just hang out for a tad bit of time until everyone feels comfortable. I'm gonna shut down the one I made and just hang out there instead. Much easier, and the two clubs are completely separate, so ^^''.

And, I understand why you don't want a staff. I'm very much like that way as well.

If you don't wanna hand over the keys, we understand ^^! I would've asked for them, but I wasn't sure how much you trusted me, or if you wanted to hand 'em over. I also didn't wanna push you or bother you. I don't like to stress people out. Makes me depressed T-T.

You're not a crappy owner. You're a very good owner, imo :3. You got so many members, and kept lots and lots of them interested in the club for nearly 4 years now. Only a good owner could do that :)!

Again, I'm sorry about the whole -tempo thing. It wasn't one of my best ideas, and I'm going to shut down the thing anyway now that there's another club for fans to hang out. I'm sorry about all the trouble I've caused you T-T. I didn't mean to. I just got selfish and cocky and stupid. I should've asked you, but, I guess I got... well.. embarrassed o_o''. And cocky. Still, that gives me no right to do something like that behind your back, and I feel like a complete jerk doing so.

The good news is, however, with the new club, fans can hang out there for a short period of time, until you feel ready to come back -_-;;!

Imma agreeing with animejosse again :3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users