Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS' new forms?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Well, I /love/ the idea of the Persona masks, really. But that's not what this is about. I want to know what forms you guys want to see! Or, ya know..Make some up just for fun! Make them funny, cool, or just plain weird! I don't care! XD

1. Ghost NiGHTS: NiGHTS can go through stuff, oh joy!

2. A-Bomb NiGHTS: VERTiGO came up with this one, really. NiGHTS becomes a kamikaze and ASPLODES, leaving bright, eye-melting sparkles in his wake.

What can you come up with? =3

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Paint Brush NiGHTS: NiGHTS draws up minions and lets them loose to assist temporarily.

... that was pathetic, I apologize! Ha~ I'll think of a better one eventually.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Hehe, that's a neat one, Purg. I want to make a NiGHTS-y paint brush now. >>;

Paper NiGHTS: NiGHTS becomes 2D and can fit through tight spaces, he can also give minions and other 'Maren paper cuts.

X3

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Paint Brush NiGHTS: NiGHTS draws up minions and lets them loose to assist temporarily.
... that was pathetic, I apologize! Ha~ I'll think of a better one eventually.

shades of Okami <3

although it wouldnt really work of course XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
GiMLi NiGHTS still has my vote as the best possible incarnation...

Clock mask! Turn NiGHTS into the dreaded Egg Clock to dispatch Nightmarens.

On the note of existing masks though... the concept of a Cloud NiGHTS could actually be pretty nifty if it changed the weather. Maybe by becoming a cloud it could turn a Sunny Day into a Wet one. It's not a mask I would ever use on account of me living in Ireland, but you get the point... XD

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
cloud mask...interesting...sounds a bit like Dewey's Adventure. another game I am squeefully looking forward to.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

shades of Okami <3

although it wouldnt really work of course XD

I've never played that. Wow, its so hard to be unique these days! Ha ha!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
It'd be awesome if the Cloud Mask did that. But how would NiGHTS benefit from rain? Hmmm.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
How about a Monster Mask?

Put it on and you become so terrifying that all the Nightmarens are chased away! It would fit with NiGHTS' trickster personality, no?

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Maybe a wall of fire in the obligatory Lave level would be lower when it's raining, or a cirque would overflow its crater and reveal a sand covered cave below?
Or even a lake would be higher in the rain, meaning a place where you'd usually fly you'd have to fly.
Lots of stuff would be possible, it all depends on how much the levels change during different weather or if it's simply an aesthetic change.

Edit: Also, I love the idea of a Monster Mask

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
NiGHTS NiGHTS - No stupid gimicks.

That would be awesome.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I've never played that. Wow, its so hard to be unique these days! Ha ha!

Okami was on Ps2. you basically played as a wolf god and had something called celestial brush which you could use to literally paint objects and effects. For example if you painted a slash across a rock or a tree, it cut it in half. Drawing in bridges and constellations, and attacking enemies could all be done with the brush. One of Ps2s few standout games and thanks to the now defunct Clover Studios (unique games dont sell well anymore :D).

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I want to see cloud NiGHTS just to see his happy little face. ^^ I will bring upon Rain of Doom! lol
No really, I hope they don't do that without good reason.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
I would love to see PiE NiGHTS! He turns into a giant Cream pie and gets zoomed into a Marens face!

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I think it is great that NiGHTS shapeshifts into new things. I just wonder why he needs a mask to do it.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
To add more...Depth? I dunno. Methinks they're important to the plot.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
To make him look supernintendoAwesomez ™ of course! Unless.. the masks look stupid. :D

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Looks like I'll have to color and scan my picture of Ghost NiGHTS, hehe. I made up the mask, as well. X3

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
:P How 'bout a mask that turns NiGHTS into a ballistic missle and makes him go really fast! They could call it...um...the ROCKET PERSONA! :P

Acutally, I'm kind of worried about the Rocket Persona. Is it going to replace the beloved drill dash?

Maybe an Evil Mask. NiGHTS would put it on, and his original Nightmaren programming would kick in (but wait...he's a First-Level, so he doesn't have programming. Oh well). He could do more damage to enemies, unless they're still one-hit kill like in NiGHTS 1, but he'd lose some ability as a sacrifice...or something.

Oh, and Steel NiGHTS. He'd be made of really shiny steal, so he could reflect light, withstand extreme heat, butt-slam stuff (giggity), be really heavy, you know, the works.

And lastly, Razor NiGHTS. All of his edges would get REALLY sharp, so he could cut stuff. Big stuff...like...giant paper. I dunno. I just thought the idea of NiGHTS wil claws was cool. *sniffle*

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I think it is great that NiGHTS shapeshifts into new things. I just wonder why he needs a mask to do it.

My guess is that the masks are widgets. They're objects you collect as the game goes on.

This is probably a convenient excuse to give NiGHTS new abilities at certain points in the game. So, instead of saying "All of a sudden, NiGHTS can shift into this...", they can say "Now that NiGHTS has this mask, (s)he can turn into..."

Does that make sense?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I'm wondering why NiGHTS has lost the ability to transform on his own. (I refer to NiGHTS as a guy; just wanted to let everyone know so they wouldn't be "OMG NiGHTS IS the GENDERLESS!11!1!!")

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I'm wondering why NiGHTS has lost the ability to transform on his own. (I refer to NiGHTS as a guy; just wanted to let everyone know so they wouldn't be "OMG NiGHTS IS the GENDERLESS!11!1!!")

Ah, the "universal 'he'". That's okay.

This is just more speculation, but I don't think that the masks take away from NiGHTS' shapeshifting abilities. Quite the contrary, I think the masks add to those abilities.

It's like saying, "Sure, NiGHTS could turn into all these things, but these masks give him/her even more options."

At least, I hope that's it.

On a similar topic, I personally thought that NiGHTS' shapeshifting in the previous game was quite subtle. If the masks can make that look better and bring it out more, I'm okay with that.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I guess it was subtle because it was a gameplay gimmick. A fun one, at that.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Oh, and Steel NiGHTS. He'd be made of really shiny steal, so he could reflect light, withstand extreme heat, butt-slam stuff (giggity), be really heavy, you know, the works.

What Nintendo game wouldn't have the steel ability. Goody...Mario gameplay is crossing over into NiGHTS...wait what? Wouldn't being Steel make him too heavy to fly? :P

To the one that suggested stripper NiGHTS, I think that should be a Birthday thing like TRiPPY and Digi said.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

What Nintendo game wouldn't have the steel ability. Goody...Mario gameplay is crossing over into NiGHTS...wait what? Wouldn't being Steel make him too heavy to fly? :P
To the one that suggested stripper NiGHTS, I think that should be a Birthday thing like TRiPPY and Digi said.

Um, would you question the physics of a game set in the World of Dreams?
That's like saying "How can NiGHTS fly without wings?" and "How do those windmills just float there like that?"

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Um, would you question the physics of a game set in the World of Dreams?
That's like saying "How can NiGHTS fly without wings?" and "How do those windmills just float there like that?"

Good point. Sorry. Its just from playing Mario games where Steel makes you really really heavy. You are right though. It shouldn't affect him at all. But then why does wind affect him? If its a dream then is doesn't have to. Why can't he just fly through walls? Why does he have to be a dolphine to swim. Can't he fly underwater? And...and....AHHHHH! My brain hurts!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Good point. Sorry. Its just from playing Mario games where Steel makes you really really heavy. You are right though. It shouldn't affect him at all. But then why does wind affect him? If its a dream then is doesn't have to. Why can't he just fly through walls? Why does he have to be a dolphine to swim. Can't he fly underwater? And...and....AHHHHH! My brain hurts!

Basically...
Wind affects him because that's how Claris's dreams play out.
He can't fly through walls because that would make the game WAY too easy.
He can't fly underwater...because...well, that's called swimming.
He turns into a MerMaren (new word, yay!) because he seems more majestic that way.
^^ Cleared up?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Basically...
Wind affects him because that's how Claris's dreams play out.
He can't fly through walls because that would make the game WAY too easy.
He can't fly underwater...because...well, that's called swimming.
He turns into a MerMaren (new word, yay!) because he seems more majestic that way.
^^ Cleared up?

My head feels a little better...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Stripper NiGHTS = Win. I think we would all like to know what he/she/it looks like naked. VERTiGO's theory? XD NiGHTS is just a floating head, two hands, and a floating spine.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I thought up of something:

Mace NiGHTS: The ability to swing a top-o (A hybrid of yo-yo and top that I made up) around. The topo can be used to destroy enemies from afar when launched.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Stripper NiGHTS = Win. I think we would all like to know what he/she/it looks like naked. VERTiGO's theory? XD NiGHTS is just a floating head, two hands, and a floating spine.

Personally, I think that NiGHTS has been naked this whole time. The "clothes" are just his/her body.

Oh, and here's another idea: Cyclone NiGHTS. (S)he would turn into a cyclone and lure the chips, stars, et al. into the wind cone.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Personally, I think that NiGHTS has been naked this whole time. The "clothes" are just his/her body.

Oh, and here's another idea: Cyclone NiGHTS. (S)he would turn into a cyclone and lure the chips, stars, et al. into the wind cone.

That sounds more like a weather feature. Don't know who would be playing the game during a tornado warning...but if they did poor NiGHTS would be in for a big surprize. lol

Nice idea though.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

That sounds more like a weather feature. Don't know who would be playing the game during a tornado warning...but if they did poor NiGHTS would be in for a big surprize. lol

Nice idea though.

I laughed outloud at this one.

Reala- I've come to take revenge on you, brother!

NiGHTS- :(

Reala- What are you staring at?

NiGHTS- *points behind Reala*

Reala- ...hell.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I laughed outloud at this one.

Reala- I've come to take revenge on you, brother!

NiGHTS- :(

Reala- What are you staring at?

NiGHTS- *points behind Reala*

Reala- ...hell.

Hahahaha! That made me laugh a lot too. I would be the idiot desperate enough to do that too. I live in tornado alley so it is quite possible.

(Last tornado that came really close to me was on a highway not too far away. We were not in danger but we got golf ball size hail instead. It was still in the city though so it could work....)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Hail, eh? I think we've got another ideya (hehe) going here.
Word play. I used Ideya instead of idea. Hehe....

I think we all wanna hear NiGHTS cursing in Nightmaren language and going *ow* quitely as he flies through hail.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
A pian mask so NiGHTS can breed with the pians! P:

Ok maybe not that... lol XD

Hmmm Seriously though a mask for temporary invisibilty might be fun, could mess around with the Marens. X3 Or a Reala mask and create havoc... oh wait that's why your there... to fix the havoc n/m. ^_~ lol

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Hail, eh? I think we've got another ideya (hehe) going here.
Word play. I used Ideya instead of idea. Hehe....

I think we all wanna hear NiGHTS cursing in Nightmaren language and going *ow* quitely as he flies through hail.

Oh poor NiGHTS! His fault for going out in the hail. Like my idiot foster borother who actually went out there to bring some in....>.>

~Tsuki~ ...pian mask is brilliant. NiGHTS as a pian, holy crap. He might look like the chao. lol

Darn you people stop replying so I can take my shower. lol BRB in 30 min or less.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

A pian mask so NiGHTS can breed with the pians! P:

Ok maybe not that... lol XD

Hmmm Seriously though a mask for temporary invisibilty might be fun, could mess around with the Marens. X3 Or a Reala mask and create havoc... oh wait that's why your there... to fix the havoc n/m. ^_~ lol

I was gonna say that pian thing...stealer.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Hehehe that was my master plan EZEKiAL. *shifty eyes* >:(

Yami- aww lol go take your shower, we'll try to be good. X3

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Tsuki, quick, say something really funny and then make it to where Yami can't see it!
MWAHAHA!
But wait...you took my idea.
*eyes narrow* I can't trust ANYONE...*creeps into the shadows*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users