Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS' new forms?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
LOL

Something funny.... ok yes I'm a dork. :B

^ Drag your mouse to see hidden message... XD lol

Mayhaps I'm a mind reader? ^_~

Edit:
Hmm that didn't work quite like i planned.....

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
  • Interests:What?

LOL

Something funny.... ok yes I'm a dork. :B

^ Drag your mouse to see hidden message... XD lol

Mayhaps I'm a mind reader? ^_~

Edit:
Hmm that didn't work quite like i planned.....

How did that not work?

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Cause you can see the white writing a lil bit since the forum background is a light grey. At least on my computer I can see it somewhat.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
Oh well, back on topic before somebody beats me down...

Um...

:( Flaming NiGHTS! He flies REALLY fast, but he's out of control, and he damages everything he touches. And you get to hear NiGHTS screaming "GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF!!!!"

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
LOL Oooh or Ice NiGHTS, like a giant popcsicle. The Pians could put him in the center of a fountain then. lol

A set of elemental masks could be alot of fun though.~ Have certain obstacles he could ony get through if he used them. Like maybe a wall of fire and have to use a water mask to get through it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
Electrical NiGHTS could travel though lines of electricity (of course I guess this would only be helpful in Mystic Forest and Stick Canyon, right? :( My bad), and shock stuff. He would basically just turn yellow.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Fire mask would be useful for the so called fire level they may have. Ice mask would be interesting.

Add the electric mask and we are starting to sound more and more like the Sonic shields in the classic games. What ever happend to shields in Sonic games?! They really died down didn't they. I hardly see invinsibility anymore as much as I used to either...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
That's true, Yami...I've noticed that as well.

OOH! Invinci-NiGHTS! He'd be all sparkly and shiny and...O.O SWEET AND CHEWY AND COME IN TWELVE DIFFERENT FLAVORS!!! *drools*
*cough* Oh, sorry. I would've liked an invincibility in the first NiGHTS, especially when dealing with those stupid fish with the spiked balls around them...grr...I HATE THEM! That's the only enemy I had trouble killing. That and Kao.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

That's true, Yami...I've noticed that as well.

OOH! Invinci-NiGHTS! He'd be all sparkly and shiny and...O.O SWEET AND CHEWY AND COME IN TWELVE DIFFERENT FLAVORS!!! *drools*
*cough* Oh, sorry. I would've liked an invincibility in the first NiGHTS, especially when dealing with those stupid fish with the spiked balls around them...grr...I HATE THEM! That's the only enemy I had trouble killing. That and Kao.

Hey that is right there is no invincibility in NiGHTS.

Gummy NiGHTS sounds good. They need to make that as some kind of merchandise. Gum flavored NiGHTS or Jelly NiGHTS. They made Sonic shampoo, why can't they make edible NiGHTS?! NiGHTS Cereal...part of this balance breakfast...
Spoiler

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
I laughed so hard at that last part. XD

NiGHTS sleeping pills!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I laughed so hard at that last part. XD

NiGHTS sleeping pills!

Oh yes! I would finally have a cure for those sleepless NiGHTS I get twice a year. Its the new...what is that damn medicine with the butterfly on it...I forgot.

OH WAIT! Butterfly NiGHTS. Its as pointless as the Eagle NiGHTS. Its purpose is to make you look pretty, small, and blend with the flowers....

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
Oooh...how about...
PLANE NiGHTS!! Then he could FLY!
Or maybe even...*gasp* Chocolate NiGHTS! CAUSE THE FANGIRLS DEMAND IT!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Oooh...how about...
PLANE NiGHTS!! Then he could FLY!
Or maybe even...*gasp* Chocolate NiGHTS! CAUSE THE FANGIRLS DEMAND IT!

Poor NiGHTS would probably get eaten by then pians if he was made of chocolate! AHHH! They can be vicious! D:

(Oh I fixed the ceral thing and put it on a shoutout. Don't forget to eat your NiGHTS Puffs. Its part of this balance breakfast...May cause long comas, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, or strange jesters and a red haired screaming girl with a rapping bunnyman to appear in your dreams. )

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Poor NiGHTS would probably get eaten by then pians if he was made of chocolate! AHHH! They can be vicious! D:

(Oh I fixed the ceral thing and put it on a shoutout. Don't forget to eat your NiGHTS Puffs. Its part of this balance breakfast...May cause long comas, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, or strange jesters and a red haired screaming girl with a rapping bunnyman to appear in your dreams. )

I...am...getting...that...CEREAL!

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I want a ball mask or something so he can roll around. I think I just want to see what a NiGHTS ball would look like, actually. Or a fire mask, so he can turn into a flaming ball of DEATH! =D Espcially in Spring Valley!

I like the masks idea. That way you have to be strategic as to when you use them cause you won't automatically just shift back when they aren't needed. There'd better be a merNiGHTS though... So yeah, merNiGHTS, or maybe you won't need ones that still keep him in his basic form? Just a tail? Hmm.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

I want a ball mask or something so he can roll around. I think I just want to see what a NiGHTS ball would look like, actually. Or a fire mask, so he can turn into a flaming ball of DEATH! =D Espcially in Spring Valley!

I like the masks idea. That way you have to be strategic as to when you use them cause you won't automatically just shift back when they aren't needed. There'd better be a merNiGHTS though... So yeah, merNiGHTS, or maybe you won't need ones that still keep him in his basic form? Just a tail? Hmm.

The correct term is MerMaren. XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Flaming ball of death?! The poor little pians! D:

Yeah. I was kinda hopeing they would keep NiGHTS with just a tail. Not a dolpen. Oh well.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
In all seriousness, it seems like most of our suggestions -- and pretty much all of the confirmed masks -- are about speed, getting rid of enemies and/or getting through certain obstacles. It seems to me that we're neglecting one key part of gameplay: Collecting things.

The original game was all about picking things up, be they chips, stars or Ideya orbs. So, how do we come up with a mask to help NiGHTS pick stuff up? I suggested a Cyclone Mask and that didn't quite work out. A Magnet Mask just sounds stupid.

Any ideas?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

In all seriousness, it seems like most of our suggestions -- and pretty much all of the confirmed masks -- are about speed, getting rid of enemies and/or getting through certain obstacles. It seems to me that we're neglecting one key part of gameplay: Collecting things.

The original game was all about picking things up, be they chips, stars or Ideya orbs. So, how do we come up with a mask to help NiGHTS pick stuff up? I suggested a Cyclone Mask and that didn't quite work out. A Magnet Mask just sounds stupid.

Any ideas?

A mask that enhances the power of the Ideya on NiGHTS' chest. It causes it to radiate energy that in turn brings things to NiGHTS.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Any ideas?

The return of the floating pian! D: Come now you remember that little power up. Maybe that is what the pian masks does. It makes you a pian and everything floats too you again.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

The return of the floating pian! D: Come now you remember that little power up. Maybe that is what the pian masks does. It makes you a pian and everything floats too you again.

I don't remember that power-up because I never played the original game. I don't think it came up in any of the YouTube footage I've seen, either.

It's an interesting idea, though I can't imagine a 'Pian would be anywhere near as fast as NiGHTS. So, the 'Pian mask would sacrifice speed for item magnetism. Curious.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I don't remember that power-up because I never played the original game. I don't think it came up in any of the YouTube footage I've seen, either.

It's an interesting idea, though I can't imagine a 'Pian would be anywhere near as fast as NiGHTS. So, the 'Pian mask would sacrifice speed for item magnetism. Curious.

The floating pian might have been in my NiGHTS music video. But everything goes by so fast there, I don't think you would notice. Yes when you found the pian power up a small pian would fly around you and magnitize items towrds you for a short time. Also, when you were a dreamer items would always magnitize towrds you as well.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Personally I think the masks are an awesome idea~ The rocket mask just sounds like the best thing ever... XD I'm a bit apprehensive about the dragon mask... I mean, he could transform into an Arthurian-type dragon which would tie-in with the English-ish setting but I just don't think that would fit at all with the gameplay - it just seems like it's be too clumsey and break up the flow of the game. :/ A long-bodied, Japanese/Chinese style snakey dragon would be cooler - a leviathan type thing. Imagine controlling that~ *o* I reckon the dolpin mask won't be much different from NiGHTS' underwater sequences in the last game.

New ideas... a magnet-type mask would certainly be great and something I think will definately be in there somewhere. What about a mask that turns NiGHTS into a swarm of mini-NiGHTS (kinda like this "cloud mask" you're all going on about) and each of the mini-NiGHTS goes and gets the surrounding items while the main NiGHTS keeps on track ranking up the points. ^^

A mask to extend the length of time between links would be great too. A mask to slow down all the other enemies would be cool as well... a time-stop type thing. A bonus mask! Something that triples the value of the items you get~! Yeah! A lightening mask where you zap any marens that come near you... a bit like that lightening power-up you used to get on Carmageddon to zap the pedestrians (I really liked that game...). XD

I think it's more probable that the masks will allow you entry to certain parts of the level - perhaps letting you get to bonus items or enabling you to take shortcuts and thusly do more circuits of the track and get more points... Think of that part in the mystic forest where you had to open the hatch at the top of that hill thing on the last mare - if you did open the hatch you get a stunt ribbon, bonus ball, a load of stars and a shortcut - if you don't open the hatch it's not the end of the world; you still get a decent score and the flow of the game is uninterrupted. I think you'll be able to go certain ways and get certain bonuses with the masks but your progression in the level won't be impeded if you don't have them.

Oh oh, do you think the stunt ribbon will return or will that be incorporated into a mask as well? It'd be a pity to lose that feature~ it was often the only way to get good scores on some mares.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Personally I think the masks are an awesome idea~ The rocket mask just sounds like the best thing ever... XD I'm a bit apprehensive about the dragon mask... I mean, he could transform into an Arthurian-type dragon which would tie-in with the English-ish setting but I just don't think that would fit at all with the gameplay - it just seems like it's be too clumsey and break up the flow of the game. :/ A long-bodied, Japanese/Chinese style snakey dragon would be cooler - a leviathan type thing. Imagine controlling that~ *o* I reckon the dolpin mask won't be much different from NiGHTS' underwater sequences in the last game.

New ideas... a magnet-type mask would certainly be great and something I think will definately be in there somewhere. What about a mask that turns NiGHTS into a swarm of mini-NiGHTS (kinda like this "cloud mask" you're all going on about) and each of the mini-NiGHTS goes and gets the surrounding items while the main NiGHTS keeps on track ranking up the points. ^^

A mask to extend the length of time between links would be great too. A mask to slow down all the other enemies would be cool as well... a time-stop type thing. A bonus mask! Something that triples the value of the items you get~! Yeah! A lightening mask where you zap any marens that come near you... a bit like that lightening power-up you used to get on Carmageddon to zap the pedestrians (I really liked that game...). XD

I think it's more probable that the masks will allow you entry to certain parts of the level - perhaps letting you get to bonus items or enabling you to take shortcuts and thusly do more circuits of the track and get more points... Think of that part in the mystic forest where you had to open the hatch at the top of that hill thing on the last mare - if you did open the hatch you get a stunt ribbon, bonus ball, a load of stars and a shortcut - if you don't open the hatch it's not the end of the world; you still get a decent score and the flow of the game is uninterrupted. I think you'll be able to go certain ways and get certain bonuses with the masks but your progression in the level won't be impeded if you don't have them.

Oh oh, do you think the stunt ribbon will return or will that be incorporated into a mask as well? It'd be a pity to lose that feature~ it was often the only way to get good scores on some mares.

They surely wouldn't take out NiGHTS' only reason to do tricks (other than looking cool of course). I do hope that it's still a Power Loop and not just a mask...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I think Sega should stick in a UV mask that can be only unlocked through cheats for TRiPPY. Plus, it would be awesome for the rest of us.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
all these ideas are great. i just hope the masks dont break out the fast paced gameplay wea re used to.

as i read the thread i came up with some ideas that you people kept saying before i had the chance XD like steel mask or reala mask

im thinking they could had some unlockable masks to add to the fun, like some mask that makes NiGHTS return to "his" original outfit, a Sonic mask, maybe a bouncy NiGHTS or a mask that enabled him to go super fat like in soft museum.

someone talked about some items that would enable you to get more items, i really liked the mini NiGHTS idea, they could go for the items like panzer dragoon, maybe a super nova mask that made NiGHTS explode and get all the items on screen, or they could just bring back that item on the original game that made his paraloops go wider

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
At first I thought that we were getting way into this mask ordeal. I mean, its not like it will be that important to the gameplay right? There are not going to be a million masks right? But then I got to thinking, what about the new NiGHTS logo for Journey or Dreams. The little symbol under it looks like a mask. Does that mean the masks play a bigger role in the game than we thought? We are not going to go through some kind of Majora's mask thing though are we?!

Leedz

Leedz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm not going to say too much to criticize the new forums, because mostly I'm just glad that it's back at all. I'll just sum up my grievances by simply saying that I preferred the look of the old boards.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I'm not going to say too much to criticize the new forums, because mostly I'm just glad that it's back at all. I'll just sum up my grievances by simply saying that I preferred the look of the old boards.

Yeah I am a dark person myself. I like the old form look too.

But Leedz, this is about NiGHTS persona masks and stuff. lol Sorry you got confused.

Leedz

Leedz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

*face smack*

Yeah, I totally misread "forms" as "forums". Ignore me, I'm tired.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

*face smack*

Yeah, I totally misread "forms" as "forums". Ignore me, I'm tired.

Its ok. I do silly stuff like that too. I think I did do something like that once. I had to quickly edit my post before someone noticed. lol

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
XD
THE FIERCE DEITY'S PERSONA!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

We are not going to go through some kind of Majora's mask thing though are we?!

.__. I liked Majora's Mask...

*ahem* I wonder if there'll be any masks that are just for fun? I.e. one that just changes how NiGHTS looks and nothing else. Say, one that transforms him/her into Sonic. ...oh god please no XD

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

At first I thought that we were getting way into this mask ordeal. I mean, its not like it will be that important to the gameplay right? There are not going to be a million masks right? But then I got to thinking, what about the new NiGHTS logo for Journey or Dreams. The little symbol under it looks like a mask. Does that mean the masks play a bigger role in the game than we thought? We are not going to go through some kind of Majora's mask thing though are we?!

The gold underlining bit looks REALLY like a mask now you mention it. I can't look at it without seeing it anymore, haha- it looked like an underline before hand, but now... If they play a larger role then, then maybe there'll also be a lot more than we expected beforehand? Or maybe rather than a gameplay point they'll be more of a plot point. Blarrgh, SEGA tell us more! DX

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
i allways saw that thing under the logo as NiGHTS own mask. it kinda looks like his head shape

Vincent

Vincent

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
How about a Spongebob mask.

ULTIMATE TRANSFORMATION.

Ugh. *flees* blame Purgatory. ;_; he scarred me forever.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
How DARE you mention that monstosity!? XD that would scare the marens into oblivion.

LUCiD-STUDENT

LUCiD-STUDENT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Please, there would be no greater monstrosity than SHADOW NiGHTS
You know it to be the truth
On the plus side, all the rings would probably turn into bling and such...wait, that ain't a plus.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I allways saw that thing under the logo as NiGHTS own mask

That's it! Maybe it's just been a Pian wearing a NiGHTS mask this whole time!

And that cover of NiGHTS: Journey of Screams rocks very hard. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

How about a Spongebob mask.

ULTIMATE TRANSFORMATION.

Ugh. *flees* blame Purgatory. ;_; he scarred me forever.

*Purgatory points to Vincent* You come from sad whale family!! Deep in ocean- You are EEEVIL!!
In the mean time everyone points at me- "You so bad!! There no windows in your house?!" (And everyone speaks bad english when angry in my world! :P)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users