Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Loren's Content

There have been 57 items by Loren (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19735 Sierra's Making Trouble

Posted by Loren on 06 October 2007 - 03:51 AM in Dream

Viel rounded a corner to see an amusing situation. Several low-class maren seemed to be having their fun with another of their kind, while an indeterminate creature watched. A soft, low chuckle came from the muse's throat. He tugged at his caravat and then raised his cane to poke a hole in the dreamscape. Hopefully something else of amusement would come through and bother the two of them. Meanwhile he stood in sight, yawning, pretending boredom when he actually felt interested in the scene.

"Well look at that.." He noticed the cat just as a few glowing eyed, long-clawed creatures crawled out of the rift he made. "Hm, you two, I'd watch out for these if I were you." He pointed his cane with feigned innocence--he hadn't opened the rift, after all. No, not him.

#19730 OOC Topic for Sierra's Making Trouble

Posted by Loren on 06 October 2007 - 03:46 AM in Planning and Advertising

All right, I'll put my two cents (I'm so glad to see an rper who likes to write with detail ;-; I was afraid it'd all be one liners.)

Character: Viel is an 'inverted muse' (likes to inspire evil, cruelty, ennui and pain) and loves to prey on dreamers in various dreamscapes. He often intrudes in dreamscapes that do not belong to him. He also steals memories from dreamers and usually wears one (it manifests as a sea-blue trinket) around his neck. He's a cool customer, a trickster, quite skilled in the art of subtle harm. He's not quite up to the rough physical/power fights, though he can hold his own against most long enough to escape.

Looks: Two colored eyes, one black, one gilded (half-blind in that one) His face has perfect symmetry and a soft, feminine beauty, like that of a girl or a delicate youth. His shapely hands and lips point to girl, slim, spare body points to boy. His voice is a rough, sultry deep one, with clipped and cold tones. People mix him up constantly gender-wise, nor does he care which anyone imagines him. He wears two piece black suits, carries a cane, wears smooth white gloves, a red caravat, at times a top-hat.

#19724 Sierra's Making Trouble

Posted by Loren on 06 October 2007 - 03:26 AM in Dream

Viel fell, head-first, out of a dreamscape and landed, face first, on a seat atop the ferris wheel.

Maren could be so particular with 'sharing.' However, Viel liked to steal, not share.

The elegant, humanoid creature righted himself and brushed off the solemn coattails of his suit. A contradiction in terms of feature and laziness of gender caught people offguard when they met him. Shimmering blue locks dripped into a half-blind, gilded eye, a scar spreading like a star around the eyelids. The other eye, plain black, held a cold and malicious contempt and sly amusement for the dreamscapes it viewed.

The lips, full and disconcertingly black, pearled up in a bored little smile. This sort of dreamscape had little promise, but perhaps he might steal 'something' of interest. When the ferris wheel made its full turn, he hopped off, coat-tails flying, then brushed off his outfit as though the cheery circus motif had contaminated it.

"The gaudy emptiness has its charm?" he said without conviction.

Even the scents curdled his nose. Here the overpowering grease and overt sugar, there the hideous odor of rain mixed with pavement. The dull skies did make for a better look, he thought.

Some might confuse his genderless look and the maren who inhabited dreamscapes, though he looked decidedly humanoid. However, his true status was something like an inverted muse. Nor did he get along with Maren overtly, since he liked teasing dreamers with rampant nightmares.

"If only I had a little human to scare off amusement parks forever."

Sing-song, and cruel, though he sensed no humans about. For now he'd amuse his curiosity. Perhaps a dreamer would arrive latter.

#19619 Which of the NIGHTMARE Ideya do you possess?

Posted by Loren on 05 October 2007 - 05:06 AM in Poll Area

Black. All that needs to be said.

#19618 Buying a Wii

Posted by Loren on 05 October 2007 - 05:04 AM in Community Corner

haha.. I have a Wii already. ^_^

... oh did that sound mean? We get em at gameHell all the time, come buy one.

#19615 Sentence Random Fragmentation Game

Posted by Loren on 05 October 2007 - 05:00 AM in Community Corner

I flavor condensed etiquette far from bones of the north sun. Seething freeze of frog fire bleeds blessed sausages that crave a clog. Scintillating fruit of toenails taste thine eyes! Thy time is roast!

#19612 Ideya Quick Quiz

Posted by Loren on 05 October 2007 - 04:53 AM in Poll Area

Got courage, about right.

#19606 Personal Ideya?

Posted by Loren on 05 October 2007 - 04:44 AM in Poll Area

I'm torn between two, intelligence and courage (red/blue). What seems like bragging is in fact a weakness.. that which is courageous within me often wins in bad ways against intelligence, or vice versa. The fact that I'm a strong person makes me disregard the most intelligent path, whereas occasionally I use logic to out myself of a fearful situation. Both can be rather useful traits but disjointed when combined. Ah, well.

Purity would be very, very, very far away from me.

Wisdom.. eh. In professional situations, yes, close. In personal ones, not so much.

Whereas hope is whimsy with me, too dangerous to trust, yet I'd put it closer than the other two n.n Wish I could draw a pic like Purg's to illustrate.

#19355 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Loren on 03 October 2007 - 05:08 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image
"Everyone is gay for NiGHTS" ^_^

#19353 Persona Forms Revealed !

Posted by Loren on 03 October 2007 - 05:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

That dragon form is sweet as all hell <.< ooh I want to play me some of that.

#19352 This is sad

Posted by Loren on 03 October 2007 - 04:58 AM in Community Corner

Looks like the love child of Star Wars and The Bible.

Most games that focus on The Bible are horrible. Example:

Posted Image

We actually had this game at our GameStop the other day! Ooh I was lol-ing.

That aside, I hate religious games. A lot of Christians hate them, too. Answer: stop making them! Makes everyone happy <.< besides, I bet God would be appalled at how bad those games are. Top man gives it a 2 outta ten, you're going to hell.. (heh heh heh, no one take that seriously pls ^_^ )

Seriously though, I remember when they made a game of 'Left Behind,' and how many people complained about the violence, etc.

Now, if they made a REALISTIC game based on maybe, the Crusades, it'd rival Gears of War with the bloodshed and rampant battles and such.. might sell well in fact. I can think of a few movies they could model this on. In fact, I thought Assasin's Creed is going to have somewhat of that setting *looks it up*

'The setting is 1191 AD. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You, Altair, intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. You are an Assassin, a warrior shrouded in secrecy and feared for your ruthlessness. Your actions can throw your immediate environment into chaos, and your existence will shape events during this pivotal moment in history.'

Mmhmm, now that actually might work. I'd play it!

#18648 Shared Dreams

Posted by Loren on 28 September 2007 - 09:47 PM in Dream Discussion

I've done this, and not with a person I'd rather have shared a dream with--my angsty teenage sister (or she was at the time.)

A few years ago I wandered into a dream that felt quite unlike mine. Flat, rather cliched and random, with my sister as the main character. She was dying in a hospital bed and every time our mother apologized for being a b*tch to her, the heart meter would start working again. Total cheese. Everyone was slathering love and affection over her and begging her not to die <.< I was begging to wake up.

Anyway, when I did wake up, she started talking about her dreams.. recounting that one. I listened to it in shock but also annoyance.. I figured if something like that happened, it should happen with someone I'm close to, not a spoiled emo'ing girl. Well, anyway, that's that.

Oh.. also.. I've had a continuation of someone else's dream. Purgatory told me about a dream with these two boys in it, one was a wild kid--quite an interesting scenario there. A few months later I ended up having a sort of sequal dream to it that took place years later. That doesn't exactly fit but close enough ne.

#18635 NiGHTS' Gender..?

Posted by Loren on 28 September 2007 - 09:09 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I always saw NiGHTS as both.. easy when I'm fairly androgynous too. I think some people see NiGHTS in terms of what they're attracted to, and 'he' is easier for some people to use when a person is indetermined or both, but I don't think a femme voice will bother me. Now, if that voice actor sucks into the ground, that'll bother me.

#18624 Hello! Kitsune is here!

Posted by Loren on 28 September 2007 - 08:45 PM in Introduce Yourself

If someone doesn't know how to pronounce Kitsune and they're here, they need to getout.. o wait, I'm supposed to be saying hi and welcome <.< so hi! Welcome to the board and all that, it's fun here. Very NiGHTS-y

#18617 Favorite Maren Boss?

Posted by Loren on 28 September 2007 - 08:40 PM in Poll Area

Jackle's got my vote :lol: Also, I bet the old board had five thousand of this one poll. Yep, five thousand.

#18611 NiGHTS's body?

Posted by Loren on 28 September 2007 - 08:30 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

To answer all of your questions...

Posted Image

f'n ROLFMAOLJWELRJWEFC *dies*

Okay, this is the funniest thing I've seen off this site ^^ As to my own opinion, I think NiGHTS has a body and can shapeshift or change different attributes. However, nude, 'he' probably has no genitalia in a natural state. Why would he need them? Of course, I'm sure he can change it up if he wanted to get dirty (for the fic fans, why not) As for the rest, I think his clothing determines the shape of the body you see--slim and androgynous, chest, which for some reason I assume is rather pointed in comparison with human anatomy (not breasts)

#17787 Purgatory's MiNDLESS SCRiBBLES

Posted by Loren on 22 September 2007 - 02:36 AM in Creative Stuff!

Your art is good, blah blah blah..

You know your crap is F*king awesome, you. You person you. Now go sell some art. NOW. Go.

#17168 Sly Cooper Series

Posted by Loren on 16 September 2007 - 05:19 PM in Community Corner

Ooh nice, a fourth Sly.. well Purgy's the sly addict in our house, but I do think it's a cool game (the first one) with art/concept. I've never played the others but I ought to grab them sometime.

#16504 The Power of NiGHTS

Posted by Loren on 12 September 2007 - 12:17 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

You don't make love to NiGHTS! You strap yourself in and FEEL THE Gs!! ^_^

Dear.. for some people.. that's the same thing :)

#16503 Just wacky

Posted by Loren on 12 September 2007 - 12:15 AM in Dream Discussion

So you're having a dramatic and realistic dream.. then the Repairman pops up from 'this is all that' and goes "repairmanmanman" and then the other characters start repeating it like zombies...

wtf? (by the way, having watched that show tells you just how old I am.....)

Or, you're having a tear-wrenching dream about prison camps and suddenly it cuts to a gorgeous musical scene of hitler doing tap-dance through the forest in the springtime, with backup dancers too.

Not sure if anyone put up a topic like this but.. I'd like to hear other people's weirdest dream things, whether it's a dream entire or just odd pieces that don't seem to fit. Scary thing is, in the dreams themselves.. I never realize how hilarious those mindburps are until I wake.

#15879 Little Nemo: Adventure in slumber land

Posted by Loren on 07 September 2007 - 05:06 PM in Community Corner

*Punts the vhs at you* My word. Well, dare I risk punishment by going offtopic.. but that canned audience is all dead people, dear.

#15876 Favorite Game Genre?

Posted by Loren on 07 September 2007 - 05:03 PM in Community Corner

I was so sure MMo's would get it.. but the one I voted for got it, the old fashioned RPGS. I just love these.. most likely because I'm a voracious reader and storyline is like candy to me :wub: Though MMOs are fun as well. I also like the occasional shooter (Goldeneye from N64 anyone <.<) some adventure games, puzzles, anything quirky especially.

#15874 Anne Rice: Vampire chronicles

Posted by Loren on 07 September 2007 - 05:00 PM in Community Corner

I destroyed my way through the Vampire Chronicles around middle school age. A lot of critics go after her work, but I do find the sensual, edible prose hard to look away from. I loved the Vampire Armand book in particular because she painted an ancient Venice so well and in such quirky detail that I can still recall the mental pictures. I never did find the witch books as interesting.. though I'm not sure why. Fans should try reading her 'Cry to Heaven' (about castrati singers) for it is just as lovely and full of the shonen ai.

If anyone feels more adventurous.. try the Sleeping Beauty trilogy. It's smut, quite 'alternative' and still full of her gorgeous writing. She wrote it under a pen-name but you can find it in her section at most bookstores. Exit to Eden was.. okay, another smut one, though a bit disappointing as the book got on.

Now about the reborn christian thing.... she spent her entire writing career in every subject from bondage to underage sex, homosexuality, themes on the devil, hell, and vampires.. and now she wants to be a Christian. I lol'd.

#15872 Little Nemo: Adventure in slumber land

Posted by Loren on 07 September 2007 - 04:53 PM in Community Corner

I loved that da*ned movie :wub: Parts of it got real confusing toward the middle, but it was supposed to be a dream after all. Hm.. I need to go find that vhs.. *wanders off*

#13663 N:JoD Merchandise

Posted by Loren on 27 August 2007 - 10:05 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Any of you guys live near a GameStop? Well, pretty much all stores in my area (and probably others) got a ton of free poster packs. One of the posters in there is the NiGHTS cover pic ;) though the rest of them are mostly games for 360 and ps3 with one little Mario one in there. Either way, these posters are free so.. go to other gamestops (no one around here likes NiGHTS much, anyway) and harass the little associates for your free stuff. This would only be in the US and Canada mostly.. though some other stores have to be getting these.

(Btw I miss you guys x_X no internet sucks)