Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Persona Forms Revealed !

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Subterfuge

Subterfuge

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Personas revealed! Not allowed to make a new topic for this, bleh! ^_^ Info and pics about the different personas:

Dolphin Mask:

The Dolphin Persona mask gives NiGHTS to transform into a dolphin. Normally, NiGHTS cannot swim underwater, using the dolphin mask will give the NiGHTS ability to go underwater finding new paths to explore that were unreachable before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rocket Mask:

With the Rocket Persona, NiGHTS is able to assume the form of a rocket. As you might expect, the main attribute of a rocket is speed! Instead of NiGHTS' usual graceful flight, you can now blast full speed ahead! When used properly, this increased speed can be used to reach rings and other items further away.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dragon Mask:

The Dragon Persona mask, NiGHTS can become a dragon. While the speed compared to other Personas is much lower, NiGHTS instead becomes unaffected by either wind or gravity, enabling NiGHTS to move through the air freely. Now, wind currents that might have kept NiGHTS at bay before will pose no obstacle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Freeking sweet : O.

Might I ask where you found these ?

And who wants to ebt on how much fanart NiGHTS dragon is gonna get ^_^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Even I want to draw the NiGHTS dragon...and the dolphin. Awww...I was hoping we could see NiGHTS face on the rocket. It would be quite funny looking. Oh well. I love the looks of the other forms. It seems the masks are not needed too much in gameplay from the sound of it...but who knows. Also, I wonder what the masks themselves look like. Great find.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Oh... my... god.... That is so FRICKIN' cool! @_@ I'm gonna go wallow in the coolness..

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Some higher-res screens of Dragon NiGHTS.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Jof...ona_Drg_002.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Jof...ona_Drg_005.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Jof...ona_Drg_008.jpg

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
If you look closly at the dragon, the mask its wearing is golden and is similar to the mask shape we see in the game title. So I am assuming that is what the persona mask looks like. Maybe it looks the same for all of them? I can't tell, the way the other two persona's are angled I can't see it too well. So does that mean that the mask NiGHTS wears will be similar to the one Reala is wearing? I guess Reala's mask may really be a persona mask.

All of what I have just said has been speculated before by others, but now I am a bit more prone to belive it.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
O_O @ dragon NiGHTS... that's completely different than what I was expecting, but... THAT'S SO COOL!!! XD it looks so neat!

And that bit about being unaffected by wind and gravity... that's interesting. I guess they're going to do more level design with those in mind?

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
HOSH!T! O_O...Thats..awesome!!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Dragon NiGHTS...

...I'd tap it *SHOT*.

Dolphin NiGHTS is so cute 8D! And, and, Rocket NiGHTS is... ROCKIN' XD!

They all look cool 83. Imo.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Ah, yes. Majora's mask is, like my favorite game EVAR. <3<3<3<3
If you guys see someone who's almost always a rocket on Wi-Fi, it'll probably be me.

Ah, yes. Dragon NiGHTS is cool as well. More because it will start....... special interest fanart........ than anything else. Is it just me, or do other Trauma Center fans think that dragon NiGHTS looks like paraskevi?
Hmm..... Didn't NiGHTS swim without persona masks last time? Also, I think there's a fohrth one. Hoping for machine gun NiGHTS.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
yeah....I want this game like...YESTERDAY.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I was wondering how the forms would look. Love the colors.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
AWWW.... the dragon NiGHTS is friggin awesome...

as are all the other masks... the only one that slightly bothers me is the dolphin...

cause NiGHTS could swim in the first game...

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
someone please tell me where this info leaked from?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
RAAA!!! O_O

Well, that dragon certainly is something new. It reminds me of one of my favourite summons from the Final Fantasy series, Leviathan. ^___^ cooooool!!
The rocket looks cute. XD

Great find.

Subterfuge

Subterfuge

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Freeking sweet : O.

Might I ask where you found these ?

And who wants to ebt on how much fanart NiGHTS dragon is gonna get :P

Someone posted them in a thread at NeoGAF, no source was given though.

The pics in the OP are more accurate resolution-wise to what the Wii will output, but... to go along with the bigger pics of the dragon form, here are bigger pics of the dolphin form and the rocket form:

http://pix.nofrag.com/e/7/7/f1da6871673188...1d4cf3034b3.jpg
http://pix.nofrag.com/2/3/b/0ce32253bf7c2e...8226a736b0c.jpg
http://pix.nofrag.com/e/3/b/66b37ffb8fae5c...4cbff3f4f56.jpg

http://pix.nofrag.com/f/d/6/523a974a0cccc0...a09c25b4b2f.jpg
http://pix.nofrag.com/6/5/e/39926c5d9368a9...0ace563c483.jpg

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I wonder if Dragon NiGHTS breathes fire. :P

Yeah, these pics are the bomb digitty, yo. I'm wondering if these are the only masks available though. :(

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
DANG! The forms look awesome! Once agian I am almost speechless!

I'm now greatful that Sega didn't screw these up as bad as I thought they would. Not saying there bad though...

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
OMG! ^_^ Finally we get to see some clear pics of what forms NiGHTS take when he uses the Persona Masks!

Dolphin NiGHTS is so Adorable! ^_^

Rocket NiGHTS omg, so cool!!!

And, Dragon NiGHTS O_O! OMG!!!! That is so SPECIAL AWESOME!!!! *bouncing off walls* I am so hyper right now!

Great find! ^_^

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
goddamn f*** I want this game so bad >_
I pretty much technically own it already since its paid for preorder but the wait. Oh God the wait is killing me. Although this month I have Zack and wiki and next month is the unbelievably awesome Mario Galaxy (some new vids popped up that blew my mind) and then NiGHTS2 and Smash bros brawl online. Jesus christ Nintendo has a ridiculous lineup on the wii already.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
..wow. Dolphin NiGHTS looks creepy, but being able to swim will be rather awesome =D
Rocket NiGHTS is just ....*snortlaugh*
and Dragon NiGHTS looks rather cool, I'm interested in seeing how thats animated, actually =3

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
From IGN :

US, October 2, 2007 - Today SEGA revealed the first details on the Persona masks to be utilized in the upcoming NiGHTS sequel, Journey of Dreams. The masks will be found in treasure chests while playing the story mode as either Will or Helen. The three Persona types (Dolphin, Dragon, and Rocket) each transform the player into a different form, unlocking unique abilities. Masks can be donned whenever you like, and SEGA says there is strategy involved in deciding when the best opportunity is.

The Dolphin Mask changes the player into a dolphin, perhaps as a nod to SEGA's Ecco the Dolphin franchise. This allows underwater exploration.

The Rocket Mask turns players into a rocket, providing great speed.

The Dragon Mask shape shifts players into a…dragon. While this will slow the character down, they won't be affected by wind or gravity while in this form.

SEGA says NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams will also utilize the Wii's Wi-Fi capabilities to resurrect the original game's Artificial Life feature, allowing players to cultivate virtual pets and share them online.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I really like Ecco the maren. Dragon is okay. I just wish it had some limbs so it looks a little more like eastern dragons. Still pretty cool though.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
it really seems that most of the wii games I am looking forward to are turning out very well. NiGHTS is a very VERY pleasant surprise how well its turning out.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
How the f*** CVG got this CG artwork I will never know. But heres Phuckle and Gillpo art !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Found some new Screens too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

goddamn f*** I want this game so bad >_
I pretty much technically own it already since its paid for preorder but the wait. Oh God the wait is killing me. Although this month I have Zack and wiki and next month is the unbelievably awesome Mario Galaxy (some new vids popped up that blew my mind) and then NiGHTS2 and Smash bros brawl online. Jesus christ Nintendo has a ridiculous lineup on the wii already.

I know what you mean! The wait for this game to come out is killing me! >_< And the closer we are to JoD coming out, the more anxious I get! I want this game so badly! *Sobs from frustration* ,>_<,

But seeing the Persona forms, makes me Super happy, and more anxious for this game to come out! And that Dragon NiGHTS looks so awesome to! ^_^

Now that I got a closer look,..... Phuckle Scares me, And Gilpo...... He looks like hes wearing a Knights helmet! ^_^

And the rest of the Screenshots, Sheer beauty!!!! I love the way JoD is looking! So bright and colorful! Oooohhh I am so excited about this game!!! ^_^

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Jof.. legally, you are NOT allowed to make me this happy, as you are 11 months away from being 18.

Okay that was gross (AND A JOKE [/disclaimer]). XD But still, I'm EXTREMELY happy with these pictures and those pics of the bosses. I squeaked. My brother thought I broke.. :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Jof.. legally, you are NOT allowed to make me this happy, as you are 11 months away from being 18.

Okay that was gross (AND A JOKE [/disclaimer]). XD But still, I'm EXTREMELY happy with these pictures and those pics of the bosses. I squeaked. My brother thought I broke.. :(

I did not need to know that....

Anyway, nice to finally see some CG shots of the bosses. Too bad they haven't showed anyone else. Oh well.

Also, what is that thing in the new screenshots. At first I thought it was the confettie ball like from the old game...but I think it might be a creature. :P

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
hmm... the cg pics make me wonder...

will all the nightmaren have the same set of eyes? they look very similar...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

hmm... the cg pics make me wonder...

will all the nightmaren have the same set of eyes? they look very similar...

The eyes do look similar. I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing it out. They both have jewls on their forheads too. I wonder if jewls are the new trend for all the marens.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
=O Awesome, a clear image of the 'Patches' boss! Maybe I can actually do some drawings of it, now, hazzah! And the new 'Gulpo' boss looks just as awesome, too. Roman Legion fish? Fantastic. XD

Anyway, to the point of the post. NiGHTS' new Persona forms look great! I love the dolphin form so, so much. One of the things I always thought in the past about NiGHTS' gameplay was that it was a bit like a high-speed Ecco the Dolphin, and those screenshots are bringing back so many memories of the flying 'future dolphins' from Tides of Time. So, yeah, huge Ecco vibes, there, and I like 'em. XD

The dragon I'm still out on right now. I like that the chose a sinuous, eastern style for it. I was expecting a big heraldic dragon and was wondering how exactly that was going to work, but now that I've seen this design, I'm glad I was wrong. It's head reminds me of Bealzemon( sp? ), though. D:

I haven't yet formed an oppinion on the rocket, yet. The concept in and of itself is so cartoony and funny, though. I like that.

I hope that Sled NiGHTS makes a return at some point...

On the whole, though, I'm starting to wonder if I should consider purchasing a Wii at some time in the future.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Purgatory: Dammit. *Picks the jewel off of his forehead*

:P

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Lol, marens sure like their bling... XD

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
Wow, I did not even notice the Jewels on the boss merens heads! Reala has one on his head too! Does that mean all the bosses will have jewels? ^_^

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
Maybe >.> <.< I just had an idea for the jewels, Wizeman probably needs them for mind control so they don't run away... Anway...

*Looks at pics Jof posted* OH MY GAWD!!! The bosses look awesome!!! Gaaaah, I need the game now!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Purgatory: Dammit. *Picks the jewel off of his forehead*

^_^

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I am desining a maren right now and she was going to have a jewl on her hat too. Plus some jewls on her robe. But now I am not going to put any. Not a one!

This makes me think my "bling on Wizeman" thory may be correct now. And I was just jokeing about it! >.<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Cool, Persona info.. noice

Lovely pics of the revealed Nightmaren, good work

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Awesome!

Outstanding work, Subterfuge and Jof!

Loren

Loren

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
That dragon form is sweet as all hell <.< ooh I want to play me some of that.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I am desining a maren right now and she was going to have a jewl on her hat too. Plus some jewls on her robe. But now I am not going to put any. Not a one!

This makes me think my "bling on Wizeman" thory may be correct now. And I was just jokeing about it! >.<

Gangsta Wizeman: He's gonna be weighed down by about 45 pounds of fake gold medallions and oversized rings. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users