Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Animal Crossing City Folk

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Sorry, when you wrote I was at another town and I just came back a few minutes ago^^" Nooks already closed now X__X But it seems ordering from another town doesnt work anyways, I tried it today and it wouldnt work...

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Oh, well then no real loss (aside from hanging out). :D

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Well now this officially sucks. I cannot connect to the internet through my Wii at all. I can't even open my address book! I've looked up the error code and other users who have gotten it say that when they contacted Nintendo about it, they had never encountered it before. These people fixed it by formatting their Wiis. I don't want to do that! I can't backup my Animal Crossing data and don't want to have to start over again! And how stupid is this: Sonic and the Black Knight data can't be saved on an SD card, so I'd lose that, too. And Smash Bros.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Yeah that's the ultimate crappiness of the Wii. They won't let you copy ANY of the wi-fi games save data, since they probably fear you would go around and spread it in the net so no one would have to play through it by itself. Rubbish XD Who would actually do something so unbelievable stupid? Anyways, I can't believe that you have to completely format your Wii, there must be some other solution, can you post the error number? I'll see if I can find any other way to fix that.

edit: btw, I have a turnip price of 490 bells, so if anyone needs to sell some, you're welcomed to visit my village.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I don't plan to reformat unless I absolutely have to. It's error code 109106, if you manage to find anything on it.

And dang, those turnip prices are looking good right about now.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well something else I found is:

"1. If you're using a wireless router set the channel of the wireless signal to either 1 or 11 especially if you live in an apartment or similar complex.

2. If all else fails set up a DMZ on your router if supported and set a static IP for the Wii using the DMZ address. If this works then your router is firewalling the Wii somehow, I'm not usre what ports are needed for the Wii, so if anyone has that information feel free to post it here, ortherwise just leave the Wii in DMZ mode."

It's a solution from some forum, but no one replied if it worked or not, so I dont know if it will do any good.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Well, I use the Nintendo Wifi connector, not a router. And I've already checked my firewall. Besides, it was working fine for a while there, why all of a sudden? And to make things weirder, my remote is acting strange. It sometimes disconnects and reconnects within a second, causing my character in whatever game to run off in a different direction. For Sonic and the Black Knight, the game continuously pauses itself. It's really annoying.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
O__O Sounds more like your Wii itself is broken, rather than something being wrong with the connection. Maybe the USB and Sensorbar inputs are damaged?

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I just downloaded and installed the most recent USB connector setup files. Doing this allowed me to access the shop channel, news channel, and forecast channel, but I still can't add anyone to my address book. Let's try to connect in Animal Crossing this weekend and see if I can at least play games online with it.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Okay, what time shall we meet then?

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Let's see...I've got nothing going on this weekend and next week is spring break, so any time will do for me. Nook's upgrading today to Nookingtons and if I remember correctly, Sunday is his point sale. I'll leave most of the items in his store that day and get points through my catalog, so maybe you can come by then? You tell me the time.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Lenneth, are you able to get on in a little bit? My turnips are selling for 36 bells each and I really need to sell what I have. Are your prices any better?

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Sadly I cant go online right now, but my prices aren't any better. They're at 27 at the moment.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Dang. That's okay, we'll try to get together tomorrow, right?

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Sure, tomorrow would work. I'll ask my parents what time would be okay, since the Wii is plugged to their TV at the moment.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Cool. Save up your money if you feel like earning some points at the store or in case my turnip prices are low.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
>___< I'm again really sorry for not responding, I wasnt able to go online again, because my parents wouldn't let me go on my Wii, since they want to watch movies...

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Don't worry about it, I've got this whole next week off, I'm sure we'll find time.

Thanks to that point sale, I went from Bronze rank to Gold AND ordered my Majora's Mask!! Majora RULES! Now to get the Hero's Suit...or the Hero's Cap...TOO MANY CHOICES!! :(

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Oh yeah I love Zelda MM too *-* I got Peachs Umbrella, Majoras Mask, Toads Cap and Warios Cap for my points, and I've got around 2000 left still. And I finally got the donation bridge yesterday XD

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Did you happen to get the Shamrock Hat that was released yesterday? If you didn't, I'll let you catalog it.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Nope I got it, but it really surprised me that it was released in germany as well... Most people here haven't ever heard of St. Patrick's day.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Would you be able to get online for just a few minutes? I need to test my connection to make sure I can still play games online.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Does anyone have really good turnip prices today? This is the second week in a row where turnip prices have been ridiculously low (between 20-70).

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Hacked.

Why do people do this garbage? I lost two towns on Wild World because of hackers, now I've lost my town in this version because of a hacker. While my town was still technically playable, it was ruined in so many ways. I've had enough. I'm not playing any more online games with anyone. Sorry to those I played with who were legit and kind, I ask that you keep it up. I'm going back to the GameCube version. At least nobody can screw with me unfairly on that.

Goodbye everyone.

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime

Hacked.

Why do people do this garbage? I lost two towns on Wild World because of hackers, now I've lost my town in this version because of a hacker. While my town was still technically playable, it was ruined in so many ways. I've had enough. I'm not playing any more online games with anyone. Sorry to those I played with who were legit and kind, I ask that you keep it up. I'm going back to the GameCube version. At least nobody can screw with me unfairly on that.

Goodbye everyone.

That sucks how did hackers manage to get into your town? Did they somehow get your friendcode?

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Wow that really sucks! I can understand why you don't want to play anymore, but I still think you should play online...just with people that you know you can trust, which I know is kinda hard when you meet people online. Personally, I haven't played for 2 or 3 weeks. I guess I've slowly lost interest again. Maybe when there is more bugs and fish to collect again I'll play some more.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well somehow I don't find City Folk as motivating as the Gamecube game, so I kinda have to force myself to play everyday, since I don't want weeds to kill all the remaining grass, and all the flowers to die. Nintendo really sucks for implenting unneeded realism into the series<__<"

@Crazy:
I feel really sorry for you, maybe it's the best if you go back to playing the gamecube game again, you can still come back after a while, if you feel like playing City Folk again.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Okay, so after a few days of cooling off, I've decided to try again. How did I get hacked? I was at AnimalCrossingCommunity and met up with someone who was wanting to sell good stuff for really low prices because they were wanting to stop playing and felt like getting rid of their stuff. Or so they said... From now on, I'll just stick with playing with you all. I'm currently starting my new town now, when I'm done I'll re-add everybody and post up my new stuff. If anyone would like to come by to help me out (donate fruit, let me catalog some items, whatever) it would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Sooo.......anybody get the DSi chair/couch thing? I didn't get mine today, but I should tomorrow. I guess there is a white one and a black one. If some of us get different colors, we should catalog each others so we have both.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
We sure could do that, by the way, if anyone wants a Jacob's ladder you can have one for free, they're starting to overwhelm my house X___X And if anyone sees a heart hairpin or a yellow ribbon, could you buy it for me please?:) I should be free for online playing this sunday.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Oh man, I just saw a yellow ribbon yesterday! I'll keep looking for you.

Oh, what color DSi chair did you get? Or did you get it? Mine's black.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I think I've got the white one, but I'm not sure since I didnt pay much attention, cause the DSi is just another way for Nintendo to earn ridicolously easy money so yeah. But I'm pretty sure about having the white sofa.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
You know, when I was playing today, I suddenly got the urge to stop. I'm sick of Animal Crossing. Same thing day after day. Working hard for...what exactly? Hybrid flowers? That are just going to try and die every other day so you have to waste your time watering them but need to make sure they're close to your path so you won't kill your grass by lightly stepping on it? You were right before, I need a serious break from this game. No town for me for a while. I'll try to stay in touch now and again, but for the most part, I'm going to avoid all forms of AC that I can. Talk to you all later!

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
It's okay, I can understand that you feel this way. Somehow the game just feels like making money all the time since Wild World, and that's not something that relaxes you(money is already enough of an issue in the real world...), so I guess I'll quit the completely soon as well. I'm so sick of this life/loveless little place that just wastes Wii memory-.- Here I come back Population Growing~

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
If you're not desperate for storage space, I'd suggest you keep your town data so that if anyone decides to start up again, we can trade the items. I'm sure you've got a lot of good stuff. But that's your choice.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I was planning to keep that town anyways, and if it's just as a reminder of how bad this game is xD

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Eehehe, I'm sorry for double posting, but it's about time to revive this thread of sorts :3 Does anyone of you still play CF? I'd really like to play with someone again D:

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Hey Lenneth, long time no see. I actually let my brother-in-law borrow AC for a few weeks and just got it back from him. Decided to start over and I have a pretty good town going. Though I am really irritated that Nook decided to have his point special on the day he upgraded his store... <_<

I'll have to get my Wii setup with the internet again since I just moved to a new house and haven't gotten everything organized yet. Do you still have your old town or did you start over? I'll try to get stuff connected today and post my new town info and friend code later.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Nope, not at all. Still got my old town on the line, cause I kinda love the layout, just the grass pattern makes me want to go on a rampage. The circle pattern is so much prettier. Oh and of course the grass that was destroyed really annoys me, but other than that it's fine. Just make sure to give me your new friendcode sometime, so we can meet up again.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Here's my new info.

Player- Arya
Town- Naya
2149-6354-6545

I'm going to be busy today, but tomorrow I should be free. Give me a time and we can try to get together then. If I can catalog any DLC that you have, that would be great since I missed out on all the old stuff with this new town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users