Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Unleashed Screens

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Yeah, and that's a shame really, I'd have liked to see this trailer at its full potency :/

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Heehee. Were-Sonic sounds constipated. xD

But his arm looks soft and fuzzy and I want to pet it. :3~

But something's worrying me...

The fact that the game's supposed to come out this year.

It seems that Sega's going to rush another game again... D:

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Being rushed isn't one of the things I'm worried about, the engine has been in development for three years. I'm more worried about the Werehog. And the big black purple thing.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Heehee. Were-Sonic sounds constipated. xD

But his arm looks soft and fuzzy and I want to pet it. :3~

But something's worrying me...

The fact that the game's supposed to come out this year.

It seems that Sega's going to rush another game again... D:

Not quite. From what I've been reading the game has actually been in development since 2006. Their are SEGA development teams all around the world creating it as well.
Soure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed

By the way. The arm reminds me of this guy. Remember him?

Posted Image

FanOingo3

FanOingo3

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Animation, Movies, and Musicals

Not quite. From what I've been reading the game has actually been in development since 2006. Their are SEGA development teams all around the world creating it as well.
Soure: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed</a>

Posted Image

XD That's funny because I remember someone commenting on the Teaser saying that's what his arm looked like. I concur.

But I have a different theory with the Werewolf thing. They say you'll be able to use Ring Energy, maybe when as a werewolf, Sonic could contain most of his speed and could be a fast and unstoppable beast...but that's just me.

However, I'm not judging the game, like I said before, from it's teaser. The gameplay itself has gotten my hyped up mostly because I want to know how it's gonna work with the controls.

To me it really doesn't seem like the Secret Rings type of control.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm still wondering as to why he's whistling the tune for the original Angel Island Zone though. It just seems a little random. Of all the zones, why the first level from Sonic 3?
Perhaps it's just a little bit of homage for whatever reason.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Aww, geez, seeing that teaser made me worry further about the whole Were-hog thing... Something that big and furry is just gonna look odd moving at high speeds, I'm almost certain he's gonna be slow in this "form". If ya want a blazin fast unstoppable force of nature in Sonic the Hedgehog leave that biz ta Super Sonic if ya ask me. I mean really...
Good news we probably won't be hearing "Sonic's the name speeds my game"
Bad news it will now probably be something like "Don't make me angry... you won't like me when I'm angry"
other than that this game looks solid (Kinda looks like a mix of Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals)

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
From jerk bastard to painful optimist... God, what is it in my diet? XD

Anyway, I'm going to be going down the other road with this.
First off, the 'Constipation Growl.' ... ... Well, not many real choices with the transformation noises, especially since Griffith probably didn't know what the h*ll was going on. They probably, LITERALLY, just walked him into the room, said 'Do a werewolf transformation.' and took the very first take he gave them. Personally, I thought it sounded reminiscent of the old black-and-white werewolf movies.

Second: Werewolf gameplay.
THIS will be hard to get right, mostly because it's Sonic. They gotta make him fast, but they want to make him feel heavy, and they gotta make him kick a**, primal beast style.

I think the main thing is that they wanted to show off a 'Time-of-Day' sorta thing, but they also wanted it to be a big part of the gameplay. Play during the day, you play as Sonic, play at Night, you play as the Were-Sonic. Now, I can see this being a total pain in the a** if (by any offchance) you want to play as Were-Sonic during the day, but a simple 'Time of Day' override thing will save it. So, three options: Day (During the night), Night (During the Day), or Real-time (Day=Day, Night=Night, plus realistic Dawn, Dusk, Sundown/up, etc lighting. Moon positions/faces... Weather Channel will have a h*ll of a workout with this. XD)
Where was I? Oh, yeah. Fast, but a little slower than Sonic, a heavy stride, etc... And, personally, I wanna see some robot heads ripped off. XD Never gonna happen, though.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Soure: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed</a>

Posted Image

SULLEY!!! =D

I guess if it's been being made that long, I don't need to worry much. xD

And, personally, I wanna see some robot heads ripped off. XD Never gonna happen, though.

Ya know, that got me wonderin': What if they put Metal Sonic in the game? o.o

That. would. be. awsome.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think i've officially had all i can of this stupid game. The amount of crap it's caused already from the leak to the bullshit behind it all, it's just too much to bother with.
Were-Sonic is the biggest and stupidest thing i've ever seen Sega do. Official. The new UK Nintendo magazine has coverage of it and now they're saying that the reason he turns into this werehog is because Dr-bloody-Robotnik messes with the Emeralds and Super Sonic. Right, so messing with the emeralds now causes the user to turn into a werewolf, yeah? BANG goes the concept behind the Emeralds and what made them so mysterious in the first place.
It seems they could have done anything with the emeralds and Sonic... hell, they could have done a game showcasing a story about the Emeralds and 'HOW' they turn Sonic into Super Sonic because they never really did explain why in Sonic 2 he could go Super yet in Sonic 1 he couldn't. That would have been a neat idea especialy in place with this 'hedgehog engine' that is supposed to recreate the old Sonic gameplay feel but update it. But, no. They've taken it and gone to hell with it. I'm so dissapointed at this werewolf thing. It's taken everything i knew of Sonic from the 90's and raped the sh!t from it.

I don't get it. Sonic is a hedgehog. A werewolf could technicaly be considered another type animal anyway so why on earth would Sonic turn from one animal to another all because Robotnik fucks with the Emeralds? Such a waste of a storyline.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hmm.. I will now attempt to make a deduction.

When the 7 Emeralds (or is it just one now?) are in his possession, Sonic harnesses their energy in a pure state.. pure Chaos control. How he knows how to do this is another matter.. (either it's a natural reaction, like how he absorbs golden rings to energy.. or I guess you could say he learned how in that time between Sonic 1 and 2.. at the end of Sonic 1 he didn't use them yet, just rescued them. In Sonic 2 he starts to use their power) so, maybe like, if Robotnik has them, somehow, he does all these experiments on them and such, and like, the result is that Sonic becomes imbued with 'tainted' Chaos control, and instead of becoming Super he changes into a warped, 'savage' version of himself, whatever that's gonna be called..

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

That would have been a neat idea especialy in place with this 'hedgehog engine' that is supposed to recreate the old Sonic gameplay feel but update it.

Didn't Sega say something simaler ta "make it simaler to the old games" not too long ago? I beleive we ended up with Sonic next gen... I'm starting ta see a pattern...

Dr-bloody-Robotnik messes with the Emeralds and Super Sonic. Right, so messing with the emeralds now causes the user to turn into a werewolf, yeah? BANG goes the concept behind the Emeralds and what made them so mysterious in the first place.

Maybe Robotnick's no longer trying to be rid of sonic but *gasp* to ruin his career as the blue blur! in which case, I gotta admit, he's doing a fine job...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Maybe Robotnick's no longer trying to be rid of sonic but *gasp* to ruin his career as the blue blur! in which case, I gotta admit, he's doing a fine job...

Oh trust me. I think SEGA has already done that enough. There's not much Dr. Robotnik can do.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
o snap! SEGA is under Robotnik mind control! That explains everything!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

I think i've officially had all i can of this stupid game. The amount of crap it's caused already from the leak to the bullshit behind it all, it's just too much to bother with.
Were-Sonic is the biggest and stupidest thing i've ever seen Sega do. Official. The new UK Nintendo magazine has coverage of it and now they're saying that the reason he turns into this werehog is because Dr-bloody-Robotnik messes with the Emeralds and Super Sonic. Right, so messing with the emeralds now causes the user to turn into a werewolf, yeah? BANG goes the concept behind the Emeralds and what made them so mysterious in the first place.
It seems they could have done anything with the emeralds and Sonic... hell, they could have done a game showcasing a story about the Emeralds and 'HOW' they turn Sonic into Super Sonic because they never really did explain why in Sonic 2 he could go Super yet in Sonic 1 he couldn't. That would have been a neat idea especialy in place with this 'hedgehog engine' that is supposed to recreate the old Sonic gameplay feel but update it. But, no. They've taken it and gone to hell with it. I'm so dissapointed at this werewolf thing. It's taken everything i knew of Sonic from the 90's and raped the sh!t from it.

I don't get it. Sonic is a hedgehog. A werewolf could technically be considered another type animal anyway so why on earth would Sonic turn from one animal to another all because Robotnik fucks with the Emeralds? Such a waste of a storyline.

One of the Zones cut from Sonic 2 was Hidden Palace Zone. It was supposed to explain the origin of the emeralds. but it was cut due to lack of time. Gee, something in a Sonic game not being finished because of an impending release date.

And when a Human werewolf transforms, they're also becoming a different animal.

The Werewolf sounds... ok. better than, "Hey you know how much fun it is to fly? Guess what you WON"T be doing this mission."

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I think the werewolf thing might work as long as it does not change the gameplay too much. For instance in Knuckles Chaotix, the characters can grow gigantic and smash things but it does not actually alter the basic play of the game. Similarly it is possible to imagine werewolf-Sonic gameplay being basically the same as normal Sonic but he can smash walls and defeat enemies super-easily? I do not know and would like to try to be an optimist.

they never really did explain why in Sonic 2 he could go Super yet in Sonic 1 he couldn't.

I believe it was "explained" in the fact that he needed seven chaos emeralds to go super and there were only six in the first game.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, i see. Yeah, i knew there was a Sonic game with the incorrect number of Emeralds in it but i wasn't sure which one it was. But, i guess what i meant was in terms of storyline, they could have had a game that explains the history of the Emeralds, explain how they came into exsistence and explain and show how it effected Sonic for the first time. It could have been a game set between Sonic 1 and 2. This werewolf stuff isn't needed. They obviously wanna take Sonic back to his roots if they're trying to make it play like the old games - why not just take it back full stop. If the engine works and is a success then i really hope they use it for something better then trying to be 'original' with storylines involving werewolves.

And as far as i'm aware, the werewolf thing does changes the way the game is played hugely. Sonic's levels are obviously about speed where as the werewolf is supposed to be able to throw things, smash things and swing from things. Nothing like Sonic's gameplay at all.

SQUiD

SQUiD

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Honestly, the more I read about this game, the more it terrifies me. The first time I ever saw that grunty, fuzzy-armed trailer, I... had a minor breakdown. Kind of the oppposite of a fangasm. D|
As long as it's an AU storyline, like Secret Rings... I'll deal with it. The same way I delt with Megaman Zero. (Different rant for a different day, though.)

Earlier in this thread, they were talking about how everyone wanted characters b, c, and d to leave, but I rather liked a good deal of them... If I had to be a purist though, I'd say at least include Tails and Knuckles.

Speaking of Tails, is this not totally like Archie Tails, the horrifically beefy king of the universe? ...Granted, that's just me...

Lament

Lament

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala,
Is it the new Eggman or the old one? Egguman is my favorite character in Sonic, so I was hoping they'd give him his new outfit. ;D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Is it the new Eggman or the old one? Egguman is my favorite character in Sonic, so I was hoping they'd give him his new outfit. ;D

It's the way Robotnik looks in Sonic Adventure. I didn't like his look at all in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

Lament

Lament

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala,
Bu he looks so detailed and real, and his eyes are blue!!!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Honestly, the more I read about this game, the more it terrifies me. The first time I ever saw that grunty, fuzzy-armed trailer, I... had a minor breakdown. Kind of the oppposite of a fangasm. D|
As long as it's an AU storyline, like Secret Rings... I'll deal with it. The same way I delt with Megaman Zero. (Different rant for a different day, though.)

Earlier in this thread, they were talking about how everyone wanted characters b, c, and d to leave, but I rather liked a good deal of them... If I had to be a purist though, I'd say at least include Tails and Knuckles.

Speaking of Tails, is this not totally like Archie Tails, the horrifically beefy king of the universe? ...Granted, that's just me...

Every Sonic game since Adventure has been an alternate universe. Where did all the people come from? Why are the Chaos Emeralds suddenly just powerful rocks sitting about, compared to the extra dimensional ones from the prior games? and why are Sonic's quills so floppy? IMO, they need to de-reboot Sonic.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I wonder if they'll bring back the chao gardens but make it all revamped or something.

Then again, Were-Sonic would probably scare all the chao to death. >_>

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I want to see a Sonic game without a plot.

Yeah.

No dialog. No gimmicky plot devices. No drama. No beastiality. Just pure, unadulterated running around like a lunatic.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

I want to see a Sonic game without a plot.

I think it's safe to say your hope will never come true! :D... wait thats bad... :blink:
I will like Shadow, Blaze, and metal Sonic to appear in a sonic game for only 2 conditions....
NO, story reference
and 4 player races (without some chars having advantages/disadvantages like in sa2 battle)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Oh trust me. I think SEGA has already done that enough. There's not much Dr. Robotnik can do.

I burst out laughing at this. XD Its so true and yet I laugh now. Its more of a sad laugh than a happy one though. I wonder just how far Sega can dig themselves and Sonic into a pit before they all die. I keep telling myself it can't get any worse but they surprise me and show me something that takes the cake. (I thought it couldn't get much worse than Sonic getting kissed by a human girl. OH HOW WRONG I WAS!)

I get the feeling all the creators have forgotten what the old Sonic games are like or just don't want to truly bring them back, because they are doing one hell of a job at avoiding how the games were supposed to be like back in the day.

When did the story have to get so complicated and dramatic. I don't mind plot, but this is ridiculous for the kind of game it is. I will not be surprised if one day the Sonic games become worse than the Sonic Archie comics.

Lament

Lament

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Sonic games will never be worse than the archie comics...
Ooookay.. I stand corrected...
Posted Image
Aw, no more game gear, it's like the worst system ever!!!
Posted Image
That's messed up. Thanks for helping me out SEGA... XD

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
http://www.tssznews.com/2008/04/11/new-son...reens-and-info/

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Fen...ic/scan0005.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Fen...ic/scan0006.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Fen...ic/scan0007.jpg

Okay, what the h*ll am I doing posting Sonic Chronicles news in the Sonic Unleashed topic?

Easy answer: CHAO are BACK!!
And with DS-Wii compatibility, there is a tiny smidgen of hope for Chao Gardens in THIS game, a-la SA2:B/SA:DX and the first two Sonic Advance games. And possibly OTHER special features for Wii users. Granted, it's a longshot, and I'm probably setting myself up in more ways than one (*Glances at Mods and Admins ready to warn my a**), but knowing that the Chao are back in some form makes me too happy to care!

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, I suppose that the Chao possibly coming back for this game (the one this topic pertains to) is a good thing. I know that a lot of people got into that, though I really did not care for it at all. No reason. Just never played around with it.

Still, maybe I will give it another try if it comes back to this game. I will definitely be picking up Sonic Chronicles, so that will give me my first chance. Unleashed I may buy, if I get a PS3 by then. Not even thinking about touching the Wii version at this point.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Pertaining to both SC and SU (Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Unleashed) I wonder how a Chao System would work out?
Keeping on the subject of THIS game's POSSIBLE Chao Garden, I can see SA1/SADX Hero/Dark system (Feed them Hero/Dark fruits) unless they either let you play as Were-Sonic or they make it so you can use Shadow Rouge and Eggman, and/or some other 'Dark' characters, just for the Chao Garden.
The Chaos Drives system MUST stay. Or at least a system similar to that. I don't like animal parts on my Chao, personally, although, I will admit that the animal system does give more stats at a higher speed. If they do dump the drives, KEEP THE SKELETON DOG IN THE GAME. It is my savior.
What I'd be most interested in is the revamped evolutions. 'Nuff said.
OH! And before I forget to mention: Gamecube Memory Card Chao Transfer. Let you have your favorite old Chao with the new, updated graphics.

... God, I AM setting myself up for a letdown. XD I'm gettin all excited, good feeling, and on release day, I am gonna be so p*ssed off when the Chao aren't in. XD

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I would laugh if they let us buy clothes for out chao in the new game. xD

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
After thinking about it some more:

If it weren't for the werehog, this game would have my excito-meter pegged. (For the record, I was never once excited about either Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic 06)

E: and from my understanding, the guy in charge of this game was the lead programmer for the chao, so they might be back. I'll need to decide whether I care or not.

Ok, it turns out I don't care.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

you mean the character NOT the game... right?

No. I meant the game. I loved the game. Go ahead, beat me with sticks. I'll just beat you back with a stuffed bunny and a bottle of coke.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

I would laugh if they let us buy clothes for out chao in the new game. xD

LOL,that would be kinda cute for us,but i bet the chao would hate it <_<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://wii.kombo.com...php?artid=11846

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Sega Nerds has more information, here, from the Sega Gamer's Day. That Sonic cut out looks almost like a statue, because of the angle they took the picture from.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Sega Nerds has more information, here, from the Sega Gamer's Day. That Sonic cut out looks almost like a statue, because of the angle they took the picture from.

At the end of the whole demonstration they let us ask questions. Somebody immediately beat me to my first question: If Sonic is the only playable character. The PR person said no. There will be minor gameplay moments with other characters, but it’s primarily a Sonic game. I asked if Eggman is the main villain and apparently he is one of the villains, but there will be more. No mention on what other characters or villains will be in the game, though I’m hoping for Metal Sonic.

*cringe I'll try to remain as optimistic as possible.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Bumpity :3

A happy shiny new trailer. I'm not sure if the game is stuck going this fast, but it has mega happy music and the trailer makes me happy :3 ->
http://uk.xbox360.ig...ler_061608.html

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ooh.. woah, Sonic's bumping baddies with sheer acceleration in this one?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Which, hopefully, means that we get a Sonic game where we're allowed to just run again! ...hopefully. I'm still not sure about the were-hedgehog part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users