Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Unleashed Screens

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
The new Trailer made me lol my pants off xD Its so bloody CHEEZY!

Please SEGA, just stop v_v

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.

Eh... kinda hate to state this observation I've had, but don't the camera angle changes kinda remind you of JoD's? 0-0;;; I'm not at all a game expert, so I know this might not be unusual, but I'm worried that JoD might've been the testing ground for the Hedgehog Engine (and I also understand that this might be a bit of a leap in claim, again because I don't really know a lot about games and, therefore, what makes an engine an engine).

Forgive my stupidity if this is, indeed, silly. XD

Huh. You may be half-right. The shifts to 3-D in JoD did seem a bit tacked on, now that I think about it. I think those shifts to 3-D WERE testing grounds for a weaker Wii/PS2 version of the Hedgehog Engine, to see how the Wii would handle it when this game came around. It DOES say that the Wii and PS2 Versions of the game are using a 'Modified Internal Engine.' I'm willing to bet that they were using that engine for the Wii/PS2 versions of Sonic Unleased, someone saw the demands for the NiGHTS game, and they decided to use JoD as a cantidate for 'Testing.'

To translate the Gibberish:
JoD MAY have been a testing ground for a WII/PS2 Version of the Hedgehog Engine, to see how well it would translate, but not the engine itself. Probably to see if it was worth the difficulty of trying to re-code it.

Their decision: It's worth it, money-wise, but it's not worth the TIME, so we're gonna pay these other guys to deal with it while we perfect the 'higher-quality' version of the game.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Ok first off......the Hedgehog engine and what is going to be used for the Wii/PS2 are TWO DIFFERENT ENGINES. They are not based off the same thing either. I really doubt that the Hedgehog engine is based of JOD's engine, otherwise the 3 year development thing...that would be a lie then right?

As for the Wii/PS2.....I guess its possible but I don't know. I thought they would work off of the Secret Rings engine or something. I guess JOD is possible but I just....a little voice inside of me is saying "No, thats not possible."

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Actually, I think the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed is running on an updated Secret Rings engine. I don't know about the PS2.

It makes me wonder why they spent time making their own engine for JoD when the Secret Rigs engine was already complete. They knew they only had a year.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Actually, I think the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed is running on an updated Secret Rings engine. I don't know about the PS2.

It makes me wonder why they spent time making their own engine for JoD when the Secret Rigs engine was already complete. They knew they only had a year.

Yeah see thats what I first thought and still kinda think. I mean...what better engine to work off of then say ANOTHER SONIC engine. Though then I wonder what the hell they are doing with the PS2 version. That baffles me.

Well...I am not sure if working off of the Secret Rings engine would have worked or not for JOD. (If they had, then it would have been kinda a flip flop of events from the past. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, that when working on Sonic Extreme, they were using the NiGHTS into Dreams engine. Evidently there was mis information though and they did not have Yuji Naka's permission. So when he found out, he told them they would have to start over because they can't use that engine now. None of this probably had any actual baring on what happened for JOD but it was just something I was reminded of from all this.)

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

new... thing. It looks like their were going with kind of a Cloverfield thing. Also, one of the dates mentioned during the video is April 1st. Not sure what to make of that.

Erm...

Not really sure what to say to that. =/

Now I'm imagining half-assed gameplay which involves swinging (a la SA2) where if you are .01 degrees off, you fall and lose (whether it be by falling in an endless void or splattering against pavement). Things that you're supposed to hold onto will constantly slip from your grip and and enemies will slaughter you as you desperatly scramble to pick them again. You'll have to pick things like cars and hurl them at stuff, but it wouldn't work half the time (like Superman 64). And the auto-focus will prefer to lock onto a cockroach inside a loaf of bread in an open dumpster 10ft away instead of the enemies.

OHGODMAKEITGOAWAY!!!! DDDDDDD:

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I MEANT the JoD engine was based off the Unleashed engine. XD

But, I don't think that matters now. Watch that 'Sightings' trailer again. JUST before it flashes to the 'Sonic Unleashed' logo, there are two frames of Werehog Sonic, and it's frikkin awesome! The only reason it's not my AVATAR right now is because I'm at the library. Yes, I took pictures. Went through that trailer 10 times because Realplayer's 'rewind' kept glitching up, and I had to start over.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I MEANT the JoD engine was based off the Unleashed engine. XD

Wait.....WHAT?! How? Why? When?!

Anyway.......
http://www.campsonic.com/2008/07/12/new-so...ils-in-games-tm

Oh gee.....more info that doesn't make this game sound all that great. The fact that they want to jump between 2D and 3D all the time through out the level does NOT sound good too me. I mean a little here and there is great, but it sounds like it will happen a lot more often than one thinks.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
well,as i hope for this game to be,good,im worried about the wii version,they better not pull that motion stuff they did with secret rings on the wii version of sonic unleashed,secret rings was so hard to play,instead of tilting,u had to flick it,they should at least give us multiple control options if they do that with unleashed *hopes for gamecube controler is usable for the wii version of unleashed*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

well,as i hope for this game to be,good,im worried about the wii version,they better not pull that motion stuff they did with secret rings on the wii version of sonic unleashed,secret rings was so hard to play,instead of tilting,u had to flick it,they should at least give us multiple control options if they do that with unleashed *hopes for gamecube controler is usable for the wii version of unleashed*

I think they said something about a waggle function for the Wii version.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
JoD uses it's own engine (which SUCKS), Unleashed Wii is based off the secret rings engine.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
TRAILER FROM E3. (apparently?)

If I may say so, this looks SWEET. I'm loving it. LOVING IT I SAY! And Bowling for Soup on the music only makes me happier, heheh [/hopelessfangirl]

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. great fmv, but I've learned not to let that get me too excited. At least we get a first look at the WereSonic gameplay.. his arms stretch? And there's combos..

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
The music bugged me to death. I don't know why but it did. Ah well.

I am not liking were Sonic's level much at all. I knew it was going to be something like that....

What was with the button input command when Sonic jumped?

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
It's called a quick-time event. basically not entering the command on time sends you down a different path. Or, with quicktimes I'm more familiar with [resi 4, Tomb Raider Legend], stops you from dying horribly in a cutscene if you enter it on time.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I've been watching the conferences all day so i didn't see this until now.

*sigh* ...look, i'm just gonna say this and then leave this topic altogether because this is just getting long for me now.

They talked about the Hedgehog Engine and the gameplay style that made Sonic great. After seeing the Were-Sonic parts i can honestly say this looks like it breaks the flow of the kind of 'Sonic gameplay' they should have been aiming for when using this engine. I still don't like Were-Sonic. Personaly, i think they've ruined Sonic for the last time for me to care anymore.

And what the hell is with that music? It sounds like some UK pop/Rockband done it. Facking crap like Busted or McFly or whatever the 'cool kids' wanna call them. The music was also another feature in Sonic games that has been going down hill. When the first ever gameplay video of Sonic Unleashed leaked all those months ago it had a music style that seemed to slowly go back to it's old roots. Catchy little jingles and memorable level music used to go hand in hand with a Sonic game. Now it's nothing but pathetic band after band after band. The song is terrible.

I was having really high hopes when this game leaked. I honestly thought that maybe this would bring it back to the old school Sonic. Hell, Sonic might even regain his rep because Sonic is a joke in the gaming industry now whereas back in the day he was adored by many. But i don't see that happening in Sonic Unleashed. What i see is yet another game full up with gimmicks like 'Werewolves' and bog-standard robot's with energy bars. I mean, sh!t. Do Badniks even exist anymore? I would kill just to see a Buzz-Bomber again. Back in the days the enemies had such clever designs to them.

God, the more i think about this game and compare it to how i idolized the Sonic games back in the 90's, the more annoyed i get at Sega for their choices on their mascot.
I really wanted this game to honestly bring Sonic back to his roots a bit, ya know? For us "old fans" sake at least. But after seeing this stuff (and hearing that god awful song) i can honestly say that won't happen. Probably not ever.
And in truth, i've really begun to miss the Sonic i know and loved more lately. Ever since i done that Cosplay thing for Sega it kinda kick-started a motorbike down memory lane for me and i realized that although i'm a big NiGHTS fan i was a huge Sonic fan during my childhood and it saddens me to see Sonic and what the company have made him in to.

I really don't care for this game anymore.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
*sigh* unfortunately nostalgia can always leave a bitter taste in the mouth when it turns up in the cases of new games...

Okay, I admit that I'm a die-hard fan, I may see things through a frosted sheet of glass sometimes. But just judging a game by a trailer isn't fair. Even the gameplay in a trailer can be entirely different to how you play it in person.

And now for the corniest thing I've ever said.

To quote Sonic's SA phrase: "I never look back."

What's been has gone, and it's such a great memory for so many people, but Sega have to move on. They can't stay in the same path as they always have.

It pains me to say it, honestly... I can feel it burning at my chest... but fans need to move on too...

I've said it before, I'll say it again... At least rent it when it's out... Judge it then... You can avoid all trailers and leaks til then if you want, and hate it afterwards, but give a game a chance.

I'll... shut up now.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Okay, I admit that I'm a die-hard fan, I may see things through a frosted sheet of glass sometimes. But just judging a game by a trailer isn't fair. Even the gameplay in a trailer can be entirely different to how you play it in person.

I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment with that mentality, imho.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment with that mentality, imho.

No, not really, because I can see faults once the sheet's gone and I've got hold of the game. I acknowledge that nothing is perfect either. But there's things that can be surprising, unexpected, and even likeable, even to people who didn't expect to find anything. And I full well know that I can find things that I don't like about a game.

I'm just one of those incredibly optimistic people. I do err on the side of caution, but it doesn't stop me from liking what I see now, and hoping that it'll be okay in the future.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I'm watching the Sonic Unleashed trailer loaded onto Youtube... And I'm thinking I know why Sega used Were-Sonic.
SONIC is for the extremely fast-paced levels, with no stopping, no slowing down, just gogogogogo!
WERESONIC is for the slower, puzzle-based levels with less/only a little speed, like a hybrid of Sonic and Knuckles' levels from SA1/SA2. Mix him with a Knuckles-based-game-like gameplay with all the fighting, and there you go.
Now, I think the reason they didn't use Knuckles in the first place was 1: to cut down on the amount of characters, like some of the Sonic fans have been asking for. And 2: If you use Knuckles, you've GOTTA use Tails as well, and they didn't want to decrease the focus on Sonic and the levels themselves to build in new paths for extra characters who would need a special path to take advantage of THEIR abilities.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

TRAILER FROM E3. (apparently?)

If I may say so, this looks SWEET. I'm loving it. LOVING IT I SAY! And Bowling for Soup on the music only makes me happier, heheh [/hopelessfangirl]

Oooo. Fast Sonic levels look fast. =o

But a few thing:

1. The music didn't really fit with the video (then again it could've been worse).
2. Were-Sonic's levels look hack n' slashey.
3. Lolwut?@Sonic torture. :blink: Why am I reminded of Jak and Daxter. :blink:
4. It seems that Dr. Eggy has gone to the pure ebil side. >:

Yup, hope has been lost.

Waitaminute: WTF?! Sonic has human hands under his gloves! 0_o

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Seeing the trailer, I'm still hopeful, but concerned. On one hand we have the Sonic levels which look like a positively blissful combination of the best things Secret Rings and Rush had to offer. I think it looks very satisfying. Then we have the Werehog bits. I was never against the Werehog idea. Fact is, deep down I thought it might be kind of cool (I like werewolves, so sue me). But after seeing that trailer, I don't like what I see. It looks an awful lot like playing the power characters in Sonic Heroes, which I hated.

Honestly, I need to see more. I don't mind an occasional change of pace and the Werehog sections may offer that, but I don't want them to abruptly interrupt the speed bits and I absolutely don't want there to be an even split between the the two play styles. Sonic is about speed. Lets stick with what he's good at.

Finally, I'm convinced that meh music is just for the trailer. I doubt we'll hear it in-game.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Finally, I'm convinced that meh music is just for the trailer. I doubt we'll hear it in-game.

If only that was true..but sadly, it isn't. It's been confirmed that the shitty cockrock band have made this song for the game. I found out the news over at Sonic Stadium.

However, on light of that bad news, i came across some interesing AND hopefuly good news while i was at the Stadium. Check this out - clicky clicky
So, there are words that ANOTHER Sonic game is somewhere down the line.
Maybe there's still hope.

Also, TSS makes very good points. It seems everyone else at Sega (and Nintendo for that matter) are able to place Sonic in his original background and keep the original Sonic image alive and well. Sonic in Supstars Tennis had him in the Green Hill Zone. Sonic in Smash Bros Brawl had him in the Green Hill Zone. Sonic in his cameo on Smaba De Amigo for the Wii has him in the Green Hill Zone. Sonic in Sonic Unleashed ...er...WereHog in France, Greece, China, Africa (and so on). Funny thing is it seems everybody in Sega BUT Sonic Team are able to show Sonic in his perfect natural habitat and character. It boggles the mind.

Anyways, as far as i'm concerned with Sonic Unleashed, it's losing appeal on me. The Sonic sections look lovely, i'll admit that. I'll play it for those sections if anything. I'm really not looking forward to the story, this WereHog gash or the music.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Actually, Sonic not being in the GHZ doesn't bug me so much, and I'm going to reserve judgment on daytime gameplay until I play it. Night time could still be fun, but Sonic's stretchy arms look so ridiculous. If you really needed to extend his reach, some kind of ethereal/ghostly arms appearing (yes, just like Nero's devil bringer) would have looked much better, or maybe just have that "claw" effect simply extend beyond his hands. There is one best way to handle 3rd person melee combat: the Devil May Cry way, unless it's proven otherwise, any deviation makes it not as good. Considering that the music is in sink with the trailer's action, it's likely that it was made just for the trailer.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
I forgot to post this a long time ago, so some of this info may be old news. Sorry if it is. Anyway I read this on another board that a Dutch gaming magazine called Power Unlimited said a few things about the game. Here are quotes of a few things they said about it.

-There's also a level in which you bobsled.
-There are minigames in which you play as Tails
-SEGA tried to hide Werewolf Sonic, but they accidentally showed a cutscene in which Amy met Werewolf Sonic, then 5 employee's quickly jumped before the screen to hide it.

Anyway, its nothing grand but...info none the less. (That last bit kinda reminded me of how Reala was shown and they didn't want him to be back when JOD was in development.) Is it just me or is Amy starting to become as common as Knuckles and Tails now?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
My opinon on it after watching the E3 hands on playtest today-

Sonic stages look friggin EPIC. The kind of speed and graphics i want to see. The movement and the QTE type stuff really makes me happy. Although I'd like to see Sonic back on classic Mobius too, these levels look like something out of Project Gotham Racing, and although not Sonic at all, i like high detail stages nomatter what the game.
That China stage is friggin cool. But the fact the guy playing died like 4 times at one part involving rotating platforms made me squirm. I know they have to break up the speed but the second the game loses its linear speed it gets bogged down by tricky full 3d stuff that sort of breaks the flow for me. I really love the blurring effect on the camera. It definately has the best camera so far. Sonic himself looks amazing.

Werehog. Still hate him. His character design is so BLAND and unimaginative, though all character design has sort of been like that lately. I used to be inspired by the creativity SonicTeam showed, but now it makes me think of kids on DA and their fan characters. Although most of those kids could probably design more imaginative characters right now tbh. He looks like a someone took that stupid sh!t Sonic 06 evil character who's name i can't remember Mephilililhilhihloser and made him have sex with Crash Bandicoot. Uggs.
He sort of has the same kind of build as Knuckles and Vector now. The long arms would be cooler if they weren't like elastic.
Puzzle platformer stuff makes me think *WARNING LIGHTS* remember when SonicTeam thought it would be *cool* to put on foot levels into JoD? Fail. People just want to f*!*ing RUN FAST. JUMP LOTS. DO CRAZY MAD IMPOSSIBLE GRAVITY BENDING STUFF and look cool doing so infront of their mates.
Not lumbering around as some gimmicky heavyass thing thats supposed to be Sonic. I mean wtf, if Eggman could catch Sonic in the first place why not TURN HIM INTO STONE. Or something DEAD? Hmm!? Eggman mustve been smoking the pipe again to have thought of THAT one *lmao*
It's sort of like me turning someone i hate into a *thinks of hip cliche* VAMPIRE!, just because i can.

Sometimes it's like theyre really GETTING IT. Then they show something that makes you want to get a chalkboard and a long stick. It's sort of cringy. I mean Sonic was never a super serious game, it was full of bright colors and cute animals with some darker looking mechanical stages which contrasted nicely. Now it's all realism, a bit bland and trying to constantly be *SERIOUS AND COOL/EDGY*. Sort of what your 52 year old dad would think *cool* is these days. That's what its like lol. Like watching your parents dance at a disco to Abba or something.

Despite my gripes, I'm still wanting to play this like crazy and see what the hell else will make me want to stab myself. It's a challenge : ) And i can appreciate the fast nice lovely Sonic parts.

The music in the 2 Sonic Adevnture games was pushing it for me. Now its spiraling downwards into mute button territory.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I would agree that Sonic stages with vocal tracks in the music should be over and done with. I do hope we won't be hearing Bowling for Soup during the stages. I like Crush 40's intros for the SA games, but I remember seeing the vocal-less Japanese video for City Escape and that was fine with me. Then I start up my game and to my surprise there's lyrics to the same music. I think we can do without that. The music for the other trailer was regular Sonicy music.. so I think if anything, this music might just be used in menus. Or the band are real Sonic fans and just made it for the trailer.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
an interview <---- I like this

E: I just realized how different this is from when they had a similar interview for JoD, which made my enthusiasm level drop. Also, I hope to see a NiGHTS game using the hedgehog engine (and with no Iizuka, or whoever can be blamed for JoD).

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Having seen some proper actually being played by some guy footage, I like werehog more ;) I dunno about his stretchy arms though. Some bizzare hybrid Chaos 0 Mephiles THING... I like him, but his arms terrify me XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

an interview <---- I like this

E: I just realized how different this is from when they had a similar interview for JoD, which made my enthusiasm level drop. Also, I hope to see a NiGHTS game using the hedgehog engine (and with no Iizuka, or whoever can be blamed for JoD).

Yeah I was watching that earlier with DiGi. It was very beautiful at the beginning and then things just went downhill as soon as I saw the Werehog next to the 360 controller. At first I was skeptical of the gameplay, hating it actually. Then I was thinking, "Hey this can't be so bad." But it just got boring and I wanted to see more speed gameplay. I'll have to watch the JoD interview again later to understand how you feel though.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, is that the same interview where the prat dies like 4 or 5 times during showcasing the game? I seem to recall that guy showing JoD off back in the day on the exact same show, lol.

Yeah, me and illvillian were watching this on someones page. I forget who it was that was leaching the stream.

Being honest, when i saw Sonic running i actually got quite excited. It looked beautiful and i'm sure it plays wonderfuly as well...and then he reached a part where you gotta do some awkward jumping between platforms and the guy from Sega couldn't even do it. He died like 3 or 4 times on that section. It totally broke the flow of the gameplay. However, i didn't mind that too much. We've had this since Sonic Adventure 1, going from super high speed sections to tedious precise jumping sections. That was fine. I don't mind that, i can live with it.
The WereHog thing still isn't doing anything for me. It really seems completely out of place with the rest of the game. After seeing it being played by an actual person i feel more than ever that this WereHog thing should have been put into another game entirely.

Also, one thing i DO like is the quick-time-event segments. They have been added in wonderfully. I agree with TRiPPY, they look perfect for this kinda gameplay. Allowing the game to slow down (Matrix stylee) for a few seconds so you can input the code fits perfectly into the running sections of this game. A good addition that will hopefuly pay off and be featured in future games of Sonic.

Current conclusion - speed sections may save this game for me and here's hoping that the WereHog parts are short and don't ruin the core-gameplay too much. I still don't like the WereHog thing, i'm worried about the music and the story. Depending on the way this ends i'm hoping the WereHog thing will be gone for good after this game.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

JoD uses it's own engine (which SUCKS), Unleashed Wii is based off the secret rings engine.

OH NO! dont tell me it'll be like Secret rings motion!,if it is,im getting the ps2 version

*edit* as for the quick time events,weren't they first used in shenmue a game for the dreamcast,or we're they used in a different game first,because,this is the first time i've seen them in a sega game since shenmue.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
"engine" doesn't mean controls, it means whatever program is used to render the graphics. And the first game to have quick time events would be Dragon's Layer, the Laserdisc version.

E: and Digi, keep in mind that this guy was playing the game while on camera and carrying on a conversation at the same time. And I would be totally behind the werehog thing if his arms, rather than extending, had large ghostly copies to extend his reach. Like Nero's Devil Bringer.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I mean wtf, if Eggman could catch Sonic in the first place why not TURN HIM INTO STONE. Or something DEAD? Hmm!? Eggman mustve been smoking the pipe again to have thought of THAT one *lmao*
It's sort of like me turning someone i hate into a *thinks of hip cliche* VAMPIRE!, just because i can.

I believe Robotnik did it in the AoStH cartoon. See, even obese 'Botnik is smarter than these characters.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

I mean wtf, if Eggman could catch Sonic in the first place why not TURN HIM INTO STONE. Or something DEAD? Hmm!? Eggman mustve been smoking the pipe again to have thought of THAT one *lmao*

there's probably something more to it than that... SO I obtained a Pian from the waste bin near one of the employee desks I found gave it 10lbs of weed and we came up with this...
*possible spoilers knowing Sega :) *

High Pian: "SO Robotnik captured sonic and he has gonna kiiiiil hiiiiiim.... BUT!!! the planets did some fuuuuuuunky stuuuuuuff... and then LIGHTNING FLASHED DOWN FROM THE SKY HITTING SONIC, THE CHAOS EMERALDS, A RABID POODLE, AND MICHEL JACKSON CAUSING THE EMERALDS TO GO WIGGY AND MAKE SONIC A WERE-HOG!!!! now Sonic must get the emeralds back... so he may turn back to normal before eggman gets any fatter..."
*blows away Pian with shotgun*

there ya have it strait from the rejects mouth!
(Personally I still think Sonic looks more like a were-mole than a were-hog...)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
gyaaaa, stop stretching his aaaaarms!!! ;0; I'm not a fan of Sonic (which is obvious since I can tolerate the abuse of slapping the Werehog's character design on him in the first place), but seriously... :);;; Sure, it gives him a bit more range, but it looks hideous (and I must agree, now that I can see the whole thing, the entire design's rather hideous, but that might just be the entire point).

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Not that this matters much but Sonic Unleashed has had a name change ....in Japan.
Apparently, over in the land of the rising sun, Japanese gamers will be calling this game 'Sonic World Adventure' whereas the US and UK copies of the game will still be called Sonic Unleashed.

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Here are my 2 pence. I'm going to say this, then leave this topic.

The Sonic franchise is past dead. I don't say this to rile people up, but rather earnestly. The games stopped being fun after Sonic Adventure 2 for me (and even SA2 was iffy, in my book), and there have been so many attempts to "revive" the franchise that it's ultimately made characters lose all credibility.

The franchise is dead, and at this point.. it's really just Sega using Sonic's corpse as a puppet, ala Weekend at Bernie's.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
^ agree.
Sorry. O_O

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Sorry. O_O

You are? I don't think its necessary to apologize for the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users