Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Unleashed Screens

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
SU is on sale for around $30 at Amazon, today or perhaps otherwise. Got a copy.
Also, - http://www.videogame...eview-1531.html

Yeah, the Werehog may return. Wow. Man I'd think the attitude towards Werehog would be like 'yeah that didn't work out so good'.. wanting to give him another appearance at all almost makes it sound like they still think he was a good thing..

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Night of the Werehog concept art: http://www.tssznews....of-the-werehog/

In other news, I finally got SU, started playing. I really wish the "Unleashed" in the game's title referred to the insane speed this game presents rather than the Werehog. It's just so unnecessary. They should have just developed regular Sonic stages more, in terms of puzzle elements and such, night, day, whatever.. just let him stay regular. Already I've come across two stupid chasms, one in the hub and one in a level. I get now how the night stages are too long in comparison with day (finally playing the game).

And how is the night stage Act 1 of Windmill Isle and day is Act 2 anyway? Makes no sense.

And damn this game is pretty.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

And how is the night stage Act 1 of Windmill Isle and day is Act 2 anyway? Makes no sense.

No, as far as I know, Act 1 is the tutorial level, Act 2 is the daytime level and the night level is Act 3.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
No, I saw it myself. I thought that too at first, but oddly when started the night-time stage it said Act 1. Maybe I'll be sure to check again, but that's what I thought I saw, anyway. It's weird if they label the night act as its own, rather than a following act. It's the same level.*shrug*

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Oh, I remember now. Daytime and nighttime levels are actually numbered separately. So the main levels, day and night, are both Act 1 for each stage, and Act 2 & 3 are the optional levels, except for Windmill Isle because of the tutorial level.
Well, I don't think that's so weird.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Eh, I get it. I was thrown off a little by how they have it in Apotos. All righty then.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More personal thoughts on Sonic Unleashed (PS3 version): While I still think the Werehog was a misguided concept, I think this game still shows a high degree of polish, you can tell they put some effort into it. Controls are fairly tight; I think they should have just reconciled the new moves Sonic has with a more traditional control scheme, where he can still Spin Dash and roll while running. The tedious nature of the Werehog stages may be offset by upgrading his abilities, which is pretty crucial. Great soundtrack. Overall I'm leaning towards the positive side with this game. I mean one primary reason it got bashed by critics was solely the Werehog. And like I said, I do agree that at least until you upgrade Sonic's abilities those battles can wear on you a bit.

Little things: I like how 1ups reappear, always a good way to stave off frustration in a given area. I still wonder why there's accessible 'edge chasms' in the Apotos hub though. Also it's funny when Sonic says a word in English and it subtitles a different word. The Sonic 1 sprite loading graphic made me :) . The game has a bit of loading to do, on that subject, maybe that's the price for the graphics.

And damn this game is PRETTY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users