Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Unleashed Screens

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
after sonic adventure 2,it seemed like all the sonic characters lost emotions,in shadow the hedgehog,sonic didnt seem to care if shadow was there or not,it sounded like if someone had been replaced by emotionless idiot sonic clone,he kept smiling,no matter what happend,and even in sonic heroes there was little emotions *if any D:* its so sad,i just want to see a sonic game with out all the jokes and some emotion in it *and sonic the hedgehog 06 may of had emotions,but for the wrong things :o *

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Why is everyone so negative about this? Maybe this'll be the game that finally brings Sonic out of his bad-game-slump! It's something to revere, not revile! Come on, guys! Join me in the rallying cry!

Though, for the record, I liked Shadow and Sonic 06. I'm weird.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Maybe this'll be the game that finally brings Sonic out of his bad-game-slump!

Gee, that sounds familiar.

By the way. I want to share something with you all. A chart that is so true it's scary:
Posted Image

=|

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Not that this matters much but Sonic Unleashed has had a name change ....in Japan.
Apparently, over in the land of the rising sun, Japanese gamers will be calling this game 'Sonic World Adventure' whereas the US and UK copies of the game will still be called Sonic Unleashed.

Wait...that title that was rumored to be 6 months ago is actually true now? (Or at least for Japan). Well I'll be....

The franchise is dead, and at this point.. it's really just Sega using Sonic's corpse as a puppet, ala Weekend at Bernie's.

Thats a gross but true way to think of it.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Gee, that sounds familiar.

=|

In my opinion, we're still on blue. But wait, we've already seen a lot of stuff. I'm not saying it a sure thing, just don't write it off yet.

And it' title was always "Sonic World Adventure" in Japan. What' funny is a pirate Sonic game (no, not pirates like Rush Adventure) called "Sonic World the Land Adventure" recently surfaced.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

You are? I don't think its necessary to apologize for the truth.

lol I don't wanna rile anybody up but....

No no I am SO not sorry. lol

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Meh, the game looks like it'll be at least decent now (in my opinion). :|

But if I get the option, I'm sticking with the Sonic levels.

EDIT: Ya know what? We need to talk about the chao a bit more.

I think that they're going to change the evolution system a wee bit:

The stuff that you get in Sonic's levels will make chao go hero, and stuff you get in were-Sonic's levels will make them go dark.

Yeah, not much difference, but that's just what I think~

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
It doesn't look like there are chao in this game. If there were, I think they would have mentioned it by now to get the game more press. I stopped caring for chao when I had a (basic) NiGHTS chao and a (basic) Shadow chao, and realized that I was shortly going to have terrible fanfic on my hands.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Try not to set yourselves up for disappointment. Sonic Unleashed will not be an extension of the classic games by any means. At best we can expect a relatively solid platformer with Sonic on it. At worst we can expect another mediocre Sonic title that's not even worth fuming over.

Knowing the nature of the game's control scheme, it's not going to be as user-friendly as it appears. Sonic will be going really fast and the only thing keeping him from abruptly stopping are your reflexes. There will be side stepping and drifting. Sonic will boost, grind on rails, slide through tight spaces and do the homing attack. In other words, the controls will take time to master, but that should be part of the fun.

There will also be platforming to remedy the complaints that all you do is hold forward and win. Anyone will tell you that contrary to what advertising says, Sonic was always more of a platformer than a racer. Don't be surprised if the game decides to slow the pace down for some precision platforming.

The "real world" environments are not that realistic. You've seen the China stage. Anyone from China can tell you there aren't any giant red dragons you can run on in China. Same goes for the Europe and Africa stages. You can clearly see that, like Star Light Zone seventeen years before them, the levels have a hint of fantasy to them despite their real world themes.

And there's the Werehog. Nobody asked for a Werehog transformation and there's no assuring it will be any good. Nonetheless, there should be a solution to remedy this potential problem. I heard somewhere you can speed up the night sections so players don't get stuck in a form they don't want to be in for too long. Of course the Werehog stages might be shorter than the E3 demonstration made them out to be too. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
What I'm wondering is if the Werehog areas might feel repetitive, a lull in the gameplay. At the very least it's still better than the situation we have in JoD, as Sonic running around slashing things easily beats running slowly while throwing chips at Nightmaren. If the Werehog does feel like a lull, that would probably mean good things for the daytime gameplay at least. I was also concerned by how easily he fell to his doom in the demo video. And reflecting what people have said, while speed is certainly one of Sonic's primary gameplay attributes, it shouldn't be about pressing forward and not stopping either (the thing I don't like about the recent handheld Sonics). Classic Sonics have plenty of stop and go. And chasms should be used sparingly until later levels.

I had an idea.. what if Sonic took on a cel-shaded, more 2D animated-looking style (other than in Dark Brotherhood)? And when will they show us the Wii version of this game already?

--end babble--

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

Try not to set yourselves up for disappointment. Sonic Unleashed will not be an extension of the classic games by any means. At best we can expect a relatively solid platformer with Sonic on it. At worst we can expect another mediocre Sonic title that's not even worth fuming over.

I would personally consider Sonic Heros (I know some ppl liked this game don't bash me for this), Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Next Gen, to be less than mediocre... but from the looks of things I doubt your going to be able to play the game without relying, at least 1/3rd of the time, on Were-Sonic (or whatever :mellow: ) The levels you play as Sonic that it was showing on the trailer seemed made for the speed demon with narrow paths and many twists and turns, while his alter ego seemed to play in large open stages...
alas I'll still get this game... (or at least rent it)

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
That "wolf" is called Feral Sonic, and this game has been under development for 3 years. And it takes a year and a half to make a video game, I think, so this game is LOOKING GOOD, with or without Shadow or Amy.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

That "wolf" is called Feral Sonic, and this game has been under development for 3 years.

Your source of information is...?

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
No, the official name is "Sonic the Werehog", as seen during a loading screen for the game during the video interview Game spot did for it. And there isn't a definite amount of time to make any game. Once on a blue IRC session, I mistyped it as "Sonic the Wherehog," and decided that that sounded like something from The Phantom Tollbooth.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
This game is going to be great. This is just what Sonic needs.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
LOL! After seeing the opening cutscene of the game I was really pretty. I mean I have to hand it to ya. They make some awesome cutscene animations. They should go into the animation buisness than the gaming stuff. Overall, can beauty live up to gameplay. That's my question.

It's really amazing that they did a werehog thing. Especially, I'm a real big fan of any type of were creature regardless. I think it's pretty sweet. Hopefully, gameplay is a lot more controlled with camera and running thing. I would hate to go through the board and sonic is doing half the board himself. LOL *toss controller to the side and watch sonic run the loops* -.-

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Anyone seen these yet? There's two new interviews.

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sonicun...hed-interview-2" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sonicun...hed-interview-2</a>

and http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sonicun...=videos;title;1

http://www.gametrail...ayer/41109.html

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
A whole crap tonne of stuff has been revealed over like the last week, where to start...

Wii trailer (I uploaded it after plucking it from IGN)

New site (in the UK as well!) (Is that Normal mapping in Flash?)

And a new trailer for the 360 version.

It looks like the PS2/Wii and 360/PS3 version are almost completely different games.

There's also a developer's blog on IGN

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I already have a Wii and I'll be getting an Xbox 360 by the end of next week... So which version of Sonic Unleashed should I get? :P

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
As far as I can tell, the only thing the two versions have in common is the storyline and level themes. From what I've seen so far, they look like they're almost completely different games.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm banking on the motion control being a primary feature that hopefully gives the Wii version a play/fun advantage over the other two, at least..

thing is, I plan on getting a PS3 at some point, so the question will be whether it's worth waiting or not. I dun think I'll get two versions.

(though of course the big question we need to be relieved over is whether it's finally worth it to buy in the first place.. this at least I can safely say has leagues more promise than the NextGen fiasco)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
What's funny about the next gen fiasco was that I never bought it at all. When I saw the first trailer (Which I can no longer find), The first thing I thought was "Looks like the same crap since Sonic Adventure 2" (I was probably thinking of Sonic Heroes, but SA2 wasn't really a high point for me). Then, much later (Like after JoD's announcement later), I find out that the game was crap, BUT that most people thought it was going to be Sonic's return to form.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
After 2 days of gathering enough courage to look at the most recent trailers and website (provided by phosphorus a couple days ago)
I stick to my expectations...
Sonic's (the normal version) stages look like a combination of Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals which is (for the most part) a good thing... I'm betting the wii version and ps3/ xbox 360 version will be the same in most aspects cept the wii will be slightly different in graphics and level design (to take "advantage" of the motion sensor...)
Mr. Hyde (Sonic the Werehog *chokes GEEZ that's bad...*) will (obviously) have typical hack and slash gameplay (NOT WHAT BELONGS IN A SONIC GAME!) where you press the attack button (or swing the wii-remote like an uncoordinated drunk in a knife fight (with about as much success)) over and over doing the same combo on everything you see till it dies...
Sonics arms stretch!? I'm not even gonna say anything about that...
I will say however that I like the music...

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
:O

At this point, I almost feel guilty about doubting them. My biggest complaint is "Those trees look kind of rough. A few of them."

This game makes me hate NeoGAF more and more. Not really a loss, per se, but still.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they'd make a NiGHTS game with this engine.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Friggin movie is loading weird..

only nitpick I have? That sounds like the wrong ring sound effect. That's the sound of losing rings.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Uh.....what the heck is this?
Has it already been mentioned?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Uh.....what the heck is this?
Has it already been mentioned?

*groan* awwwww gosh freaking dang it!
Put the poor hedgehog out of his bloody misery now, please?
They decide oo make a cg movie and they base it on the were-hog of all things...

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Well, this is unexpected...
I tried looking for information about this "VE animation studio", and the only hit is another copy of the trailer on Youtube. I was hoping to see some of the things they worked on before.

And for the record, I thought it was awesome (and come on, it's a Halloween tie in, what do you expect?)

And there are some new Werehog shots on the Japanese page.

And I can't be the only one hoping to see the Werehog in the next Smash Bros (Pulseman must come first, though).

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
It looks to be a short-film to tie in with the game's release. That's all, it's not like they're doing an OMGEPICMOVIE about it all. They have the game to tell the story and apparently just had a short idea that may not have had a place in the game. Hence: short film.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
From my understanding, the games intro has been leaked, and you can find it on Youtube. I haven't watched it, I'm waiting for the game to come out. I want to see it then.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Opening video= effing awesome. Japanese voice acting selection, woot. As long as the game is as good as the cinematics, honestly. There's also video of full-on real gameplay.. they went with the pretty orchestrated musics

I think.. we just might.. have reason to celebrate.. so far I'm seeing what would be the 360/PS3 version.. would like to see full Wii play. PS3 is looking like my choice right now.

Also I hear the Wii and PS2 are coming out on the 18th, but the other two a bit later. Weeks like.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Still not fazed...

I wish Sega would make more subtle gimmicks to the basic Sonic games... like in Sonic Rush boost ability... tricks... a special move... nothing big... but it was a great game, imo. Why do they need to stray so far so quickly with this stuff... Sonic Heros... Shadow the Hedgehog... Sonic Next gen... and just about all the other Sonic games since Sonic adventure...
time to go back to the basics, imo...

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Still not fazed...

I wish Sega would make more subtle gimmicks to the basic Sonic games... like in Sonic Rush boost ability... tricks... a special move... nothing big... but it was a great game, imo. Why do they need to stray so far so quickly with this stuff... Sonic Heros... Shadow the Hedgehog... Sonic Next gen... and just about all the other Sonic games since Sonic adventure...
time to go back to the basics, imo...

Sonic adventure didn't go to far away from the basics, it would of been close,if it weren't for the big fishing and the knuckles emerald pieces hunts * i hated both of those O_O *

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
All credit to the peeples at the Sonic Stadium/Sega forum (whoever saw it) for finding this:
Posted Image

IT'S A DREAMCAST!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.

All credit to the peeples at the Sonic Stadium/Sega forum (whoever saw it) for finding this:
Posted Image

IT'S A DREAMCAST!

lol, sega still won't forget about their last console,maybe sega still has hope, naws, they just turn out games quickly and make a small profit per game :lol:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Another interview - http://games.kikizo....nterview-p1.asp

Toys R Us has a Werehog toy- http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3191492

(Credit to Sega forum for links)

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
I'm really looking forward to this Sonic, planning to get the Wii version :( (Only five more days I think)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It makes me uncomfortable if it's really only getting delayed in Japan somehow.. how would that make sense? So close to the original date, we need some kind of confirmation here.. this feels familiar *cough*

I think at this point I'm hoping Black Knight is also good, so maybe get Unleashed on the PS3 and that on the Wii, since that game will likely cater to the Wii in similar or perhaps better ways anyhow

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
I've heard that the delay in Japan is for sales purposes. Apparently Sonic isn't as popular over there compared to the US and Europe, so there going to release it after the holiday season. This only effects the XBOX360 and PS3 versions, not the Wii one I believe.

I don't remembeer the exact link I got that, but here's one that says most of what I found anyway: http://www.sonicstad...til-spring-2009.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. if it only has to do with sales, that's a relief. Didn't read that aspect before, thanks for link

Need PS3..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users