Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

phosphorus's Content

There have been 81 items by phosphorus (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#73903 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 01 September 2009 - 09:53 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

So, it's unknown whether this is actually correct or not, but someone over at Sonic Retro figured this much out:

O _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
R A C E
K A R T
D R I V E R
C L A R I S
A N D
E L L I O T T
C O M I N G
I N
J A N U A R Y

? =P

#70620 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 29 May 2009 - 09:07 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Anybody who gets upset over Sonic characters in cars obviously has no idea what the word novelty means.

I don't get upset at Sonic in a car per say, but I'd prefer him to be on foot when possible, for the same reason you give: Novelty. Sonic racing Outrun 2 Guy is something I've wanted to see happen pretty much ever since I heard Risky Ride ~ Guitar Mix, but I imagined Sonic on foot.

I completely support Ryo in a forklift. Here are some others I'd like to see. It's all wishful thinking but hey, I can dream.

-Crazy Taxi's Axel makes too much sense not to appear.
-Considering how much inspiration HotD:Overkill took from Grindhouse, I'd love to see Young G in a car like the one from Deathproof.
-Virtual-On's Temjin on his Surfboard of doom
-Orta riding her dragon from Panzer Dragoon Orta

I'm very confident that Outrun 2 Guy is going to be in this game considering Sumo's track record. And I would also love to see VR Temjin ripping it up.

If the actual gameplay is anything like the trailer, we could be looking at some kind of Motorstorm/Mario Cart combination, but gien the way Tails flys into the race, it's hard to tell where the fluff ends and part meant to represent gameplay begins.

#80844 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 11 November 2009 - 12:10 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

It's a JoD jet? o.o

*squints* ....oh, you mean that tiny little piece of embroidery on the jet engine at the back there? I think that's the only thing making it a JoD plane. Everything else seems to be the same colours used for both NiD and JoD NiGHTS. And i don't mind, personaly.

NiGHTS didn't have any red in NiD.

#80873 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 11 November 2009 - 09:59 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

What exactly do you mean? The red chest gem is in both games.

Oh right. What I mean is that none of his cloths are red. I recognized it as a JoD jet because of it. It would be cool as an All Star Move, but I'd prefer regular NiGHTS to be the regular form.

#83252 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 26 November 2009 - 01:03 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

And why are we reading TSSZ anyway? XD

My guess is that Fox Gungrave isn't active enough to know how much of a joke Tristan is.

Is there anyone who can read French well enough to see what the eversonic article actually says about the subject?

#83239 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 25 November 2009 - 11:51 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

So, recently there was some kind of fan pow wow about this game or something in France, and supposedly the roster for this game hasn't been finalized yet, according to this.

#70613 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 29 May 2009 - 03:53 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Considering that NiGHTS was in the first SSS game, he's pretty much a given here.

I'll wait for actual gameplay footage.

#75235 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 16 September 2009 - 07:10 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I don't think it would do justice to Jackal's character to drive a cart, though I would like to see his cards be used as the homing weapon on the NiD stage, assuming there is one. I seem to recall that there would be per-stage items.

#66728 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by phosphorus on 20 January 2009 - 06:30 PM in Community Corner

Risky Ride Guitar Mix

#81488 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by phosphorus on 16 November 2009 - 04:38 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Someone really needs to fix that banner, it's cutting off NiGHTS's feet.

#66013 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by phosphorus on 05 January 2009 - 04:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Some really cool stuff here.

I bet I'm not the only one annoyed that it seems they never even considered including Ideya Capture missions (missions? ugh!). For a while I was thinking, "maybe it would have been a better game if they had more time to develop it", but no, they missed the point from the start. Even more cheasey and verbose cut scenes along with even more crap that isn't Ideay capture.

I am interested to see if there are an remnants of the Classic design in this game.

#66047 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by phosphorus on 06 January 2009 - 12:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

More likely they never got around to making them. Though the ones associated with the races were probably cut along at the same time as the races.

#66757 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by phosphorus on 21 January 2009 - 06:34 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I recall hearing a bit about "Shadow NiGHTS", or something like that, was going to be included in JoD. It's been a while, though.

#77273 D:

Posted by phosphorus on 03 October 2009 - 03:24 AM in Community Corner

I always thought that Will's father looked like Scott, the pilot of Thunderbird 1:
Posted Image

I think the look they were going for was something along the lines of "living porcelain dolls", but they forgot how creepy doing that was.

#80372 D:

Posted by phosphorus on 03 November 2009 - 05:41 AM in Community Corner

Posted Image

This one is awesome.

#76008 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 21 September 2009 - 04:31 AM in Community Corner

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT BLUE TUMOR?!?

...is that...Sonic? -shudder-

That's one of the title screns from "Mr. Needlemouse" a hack of Sonic 1. It's basically meant to include a lot of the stuff that ended up the cutting room floor very early in development. He comes from this illustration.

#74669 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 11 September 2009 - 06:24 AM in Community Corner

Probably my favorite title screen joke would be this one:
Posted Image

#76332 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 24 September 2009 - 02:57 AM in Community Corner

I think it would be fun to see a revival of the debug mode cheats from the Genesis games. It was just so cool to beat a level as a ring. :lol:

YES! Debug mode would be excellent.

#74558 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 10 September 2009 - 09:09 AM in Community Corner

"Needlemouse" is a commonly used name among fan works. It was probably just a coincidence.

I'm glad that that site is unrelated, those platforms look like they were made by someone fooling around with Zbrush for the first time.

I like the classic sound effects in the trailer, but they haven't shown much yet. It remains to be seen if they actually are doing what they say they're doing.

#67667 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 19 February 2009 - 01:55 AM in Community Corner

I got one of those MadCatz "FightPads". It kind of looks like a Saturn Pad, but it's not as good. Apart from Arcade sticks, the Saturn Pad is the only controller I've ever used that never blamed for a loss, it's pretty much perfect. The FightPad is a definite upgrade over the regular 360 pad (and probably the PS3 pad as well), but there are a few problems with it. The D pad is much looser than the Saturn's, it's kind of tough to tell by feel where the cardinals end and the diagonals begin. The buttons feel the same as the regular 360, which I find to not be very good for this kind of thing. They aren't "smashy" enough. To be honest, it feels a bit over priced at $40 USD, but it's a lot cheaper than most arcade pads. I Haven't used one, but I'd probably recommend an EX2 over the fight pad. If you're hand with a Soldering Iron, you can buy a cheaper stick and replace the hardware with Sanwa parts. Much cheaper than the Tournament Edition.

I'm going to be looking around for arcade sticks. Come summer break (or maybe even spring break), I might rip the electronics out of a used EX2 and build my own pad. I happen to be pretty handy with a Soldering Iron.

#76713 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 28 September 2009 - 03:11 AM in Community Corner

I'd say Urien, but I don't really like SF IV that much.

#67728 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 February 2009 - 10:54 PM in Community Corner

My fightpad died. Lame.

#76647 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 27 September 2009 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

Oh, this is delicious...

#69275 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 April 2009 - 07:55 PM in Community Corner

I think Cammy's Japanese VA was trying to imitate Cammy's Street Fighter 2 (CPS2) voice.

I was hopeing they would get the guy who did the voice for Guile in the dub of the animated Street Fighter 2 movie. You can't find many VA's who are willing to yell "SONIC BOOM" at the top of their lungs. But about the voice he actually got, Roy Mustang didn't really emote much, so there's no surprise there.

#76860 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 29 September 2009 - 11:37 PM in Community Corner

Urien makes perfect sense, he spent the time just prior to SF3 taking over the Illuminati. If you ask me, he should have been the villain from the start.

And T. Hawk's fighting pose looks silly in 3D, though I do like how much range he has on that focus attack. His Ultra does roughly 2/3 damage if it's powered up all the way. That's a nasty combination.