Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic 4 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://au.gamespot.c...p;mode=previews

http://kotaku.com/53...-new-2d-hd-game

http://www.gamespot....ws/6216991.html

I've heard talk of this before, let's see what happens with this one.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
My eyes... they were filled with tears of joy!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Just to give everybody a much needed reminder.

Posted Image

Pessimistic, I know. But you can't trust a damn thing until after a Sonic game is released. That said, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. I won't hope to be though.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
People are gonna whine either way.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know, i usually get excited every time they announce a new Sonic game ...only to have something let me down later on.

Well, not this time. I'm going to try and stay excited for this because if the website is anything to go by - www.needlemouse.com then this could become something beautiful.

Get the music right, get the playability right and SEGA you'll please us all.

What a way to celebrate the Dreamcasts 10th Anniversary by announcing this. I hope this game is the one we've all been waiting for. I won't be pessimistic about this one, no way. I want to be positive that SEGA know what they're doing this time for a change.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

I hope this game is the one we've all been waiting for.

Who is "we all"?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm excited but trying to remind myself that 2d graphics wont change SEGA's storywriting, character inclusions or often non existant marketing. It would be a real shame if this game turned out great and hardly anybody knew about it.

The daytime stages of Sonic Unleashed DID look nice to me, I've not played it myself but i can see the direction they were going in. If this plays like that then I am more excited than if they put old type graphics in. I hope it's like 3d-2d? I mean as much i as LOVE the original 3.5 games the graphics would never look as nice as the shiny 3d stuff. I'm a Polygons>Pixels person.

And Kentilan i think DiGi means the people who WANT a 2d game. The Sonic fanbase is too divided to claim everyone wants the same thing in a game lol. Nobody in the NiGHTS fanbase can agree on anything either XD;

Like Owl ;_; Poor owl.

I will remain optimistic for now. I haven't played Sonic Unleashed sooo, what was bad about it other than the werehog stages? Anything vital?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Who is "we all"?

....... are you actually asking me a question?

Anyways, excuse me if i get excited. I know you guys are used to me 'worrying' about everything that SEGA announces but i wanna feel excited for a change, instead of being a miserable bastard. Sue me.

I like the stuff the guy is saying in his interview. He talks about the early games in high respect and says the best circle of characters is the Sonic, Tails and Knuckles union. That makes me happy a LOT! Can't wait to hear more news of this as time goes on.

I really need to get myself an Xbox 360 now XD;;

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I will remain optimistic for now. I haven't played Sonic Unleashed sooo, what was bad about it other than the werehog stages? Anything vital?

Honestly, the Werehog was the crux of all the complaints. There were essentially equal amounts day and night levels, but the night levels were much longer, quite tedious and played out like a poor man's God of War. It wouldn't have been so bad if they were fun or at least less frequent, but as is it's a bad design choice which only mires what good there is.

In all honestly though, I would say the game was solid and generally a step in the right direction. Certainly better than the abominations that were Heroes and Sonic '06. Sonic Team finally found a satisfactory way to make Sonic Fast in 3D while minimizing the twitchy platforming of it's predecessors which in my opinion was the biggest problem plaguing the series since after Adventure 2. If the game was nothing but day levels we probably would've had a genuinely good title.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hmmmmm thanks Zero, more determined to play it now. I was worried it was like 06 or something.

Am i the only person who was never really all that fond of tails? *shot at dawn*

I've been wandering around all the different Sonic websites thismorning to see the reactions of the fans. It makes me somewhat glad NiGHTS doesn't have 20000078 games or we might be the same. I can understand why a lot of people are still being cynical but at the same time I can understand why a lot of them are getting their hopes up too.

A lot of really good points have been made, and I've read a fair few heated arguments too. But at the end of the day the internet is a giant vat of personal opinon, and nobody can ever really say that their opinion has more merit than anothers. I mean I've seen a lot of 3d sonic fans spazzing because they think that from now on all Sonic Games are gonna be 2d or something >_>; Some people also seem worried that they will (somehow) put all the recent added characters into the trash and just concentrate on the main 3 guys. Lol SEGA would never do that because they recognize that those characters can still bring in the money in a range of ways. People are getting too worried for no real reason. SEGA is just trying a semi-new spin on something to see if it works.
Although I'm a massive fan of the original 3 and a half games on the MD I certainly can't say i didn't enjoy the crap out of Sonic Adventure 1. When i was younger i prayed for a day where Sonic would look lifelike in shiny 3d graphics. Now it seems a bunch of people are pretending they didn't get excited when they first seen him in SA1.

Nothing can ever please everyone, even things that have been massive commercial successes or would seem to be incredible by default have their critics.

I'd say I wish the Sonic fanbase would chill out and be happy, but i know if it was us guys we'd be doing the same thing. For Sonics sake i hope it's fun to play and gets a good public rep.

//edit
Also this original old Wentos post someone from TSS saved is interesting to re-read in retrospect:
http://www.tssznews....threadimage.jpg

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

....... are you actually asking me a question?

Well, yes. I don't like it when people seem to be talking for everybody, especially when I don't relate.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
OH MAN, this is exciting. The 2D Sonic games were my LIFE as a kid and I'm psyched to see Sonic getting back to his roots outside of the handheld realm. I just hope the game is as much fun as the older games!

I also have to get a 360...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Well, yes. I don't like it when people seem to be talking for everybody, especially when I don't relate.

............... erm

Kentilan, i think you're possibly over reacting just a bit here. And you might have also misunderstood the way i talk.
It was a figure of speech, not a literal comment. I do NOT speak for everybody, i was simply refering to the people who have been asking for a game like this for god knows how long.
Secondly, i was excited (as you obviously could have seen) and therefore just speaking loosely. If i wanted to speak on a factual level then i would have elaborated that sentence properly rather than in one line.

Now ..back on topic..

Sonic Adventure 1 was a great game. It had it's faults like any other game but i really enjoyed it. It's only when every 3D game after that kept trying to out do Sonic Adventure 1 by adding in new gimmicks and stuff. It didn't gel for me. Tails in a mech-walker, it just didn't work in my opinion. The Werehog, i can't see why they had to add that in to the game and that didn't sit well with me either.
Hell, i would be just as happy if this new game was 3D with the running sections from Unleashed. What's getting me so excited here is the fact that where as before they were claiming they were going to get it right but failed, here they're advertising that it's going back to it roots and they're basing their whole advert on it. If they're advertising it as thus then they really are going to try and take it back to where it came from. That's why i'm excited even before anything has been revealed.

I'm hoping my excitement pays off. I want to believe SEGA will do a great job on this, just like Sumo are doing wonders on AllStars Racing. It might be a great comeback for SEGA if these new games nail some great reviews.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Just to give everybody a much needed reminder.

http://pics.fort90.c...sonic_cycle.jpg

Pessimistic, I know. But you can't trust a damn thing until after a Sonic game is released. That said, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. I won't hope to be though.

It's probably the most foolish thing to do after learning so little information but I'm doing what I can to keep myself optimistic and excited, much like DiGi above. I really believe that this game will be something special. Heard that before? Of course you have but I really do feel it this time. I've never been this excited for a Sonic game since I was a child.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hang on, TRiP. You don't like Tails? o.O ....our relationship is a sham! Begone with you! Out of my house! OUT!

I would suggest we all speculate a bit on what the game might contain but the Sonic series is very delicate topic as a lot of people want different things. So, feel free to speculate if you want to on what the game will contain but i'm going to wait and hear more before i start day dreaming to the extreme.

One last thing. Those levels pieces that are being shown at www.needlemouse.com ...is anyone else getting a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' vibe off that scenary?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I like the concept arts but for some reason theyre reminding me of making models in Scultypaint. I think once theyre in game with bits around them and more bulk to them I'll like them more. The concept art is giving me a very shiny molded Sonic 3D vibe.

I wonder how Sonic himself will look. OvO It's always fun to see him change as the years go by.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Looks good, I suppose. Perhaps it'll be good. And by the way, TRIPPY, the Day Stages of SU were AMAZING. Best Sonic gameplay since SA2. I felt like I was running the speed of light. @_@ Beautiful.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I trust Sega about as much as I trust Bandai-Namco, which is saying not at all, after their release of ToS2.

On the other hand, I agree with DiGi. I really want to be hopeful. I want there to be a game with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, really, I do. I want Sega to shove dynamite down the throats of characters like Big and Cream and Vector and Charmy.

But, in all honesty, that's about as likely as Bamco coming out and deeming ToS2 uncanonical and then announcing that they're making a prequel in which the four Seraphim (most noteably, my personal faveorite, Kratos) the main characters.

In other words, I'm not optomistic.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. the Green Hill graphics on Needlemouse's homepage may provide a glimpse at the visuals.. looks very stop motion-Neverhood-esque. Interesting. My worry there is that it'll end up looking un-Sonicy in this manner. Like it's purposely copying other styles to be different.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I'll get on my knees and pray...we won't get fooled again.

Man...what is with 09/09/09 being the big turning point for announcements? Beatles Rock Band, Apple's new line of iPods (revealed in 10 minutes, according to Gizmodo), and the greatest name in video games celebrates 10 years since the first sixth gen console with an announcement for a classic Sonic.

I can only hope that there are enough people out there who actually want to play a classic Sonic that the game does better than all the garbage they released these last five years...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
lol this game even causes arguments in our close knit forums :lol: i'm liking what i see so far with this, sittin like a muppet actually squeelin while anticipation :P as i do to all sega games, mind you, good or not! although i'm not too sure about the twistiness on the flooring examples, it makes me think of the nightmare before christmas's spiral hill :P still, at least it's mobius! (i think)

edit: oops, DiGi already pointed out the NBC thing, perhaps i should read things more thoroughly, albeit i was being distracted by the fighting :P

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I'd like to comment on those Green Hill thingies, but I really can't because I quite literally know nothing about them other than they look like they could be from Green Hill. For all we know they could just be test models.

I have to say, while we're entertaining possibilities, one of the things I really want them to do for this game is give it a good soundtrack. What does it tell you when I say the last good Sonic soundtrack I've heard was the one from Shadow? Every other soundtrack since then has been almost entirely forgettable.

Hmmmmm thanks Zero, more determined to play it now. I was worried it was like 06 or something.

Nothing will ever be as bad as Sonic 06...ever. I am not joking in the slightest when I say Sonic 06 was one of the most horrible, painful, soul-killing video games I have played in my entire life. The sinlge good thing to come out of that pile was "Dreams of Absolution". Arguably the best lyrical song in any Sonic title.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Personally I loved Unleashed's soundtrack. I haven't heard Shadow's at all really. What's Masato Nakamura working on these days? I wonder what would happen if Sasaki tackled a Sonic soundtrack? As far as I know she's never worked on one, though of course Hataya and Kumatani have, if I recall.. (at least one of them worked on Sonic CD.. and the SA's)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

My worry there is that it'll end up looking un-Sonicy in this manner.

That's also my main worry. The current design does look a little abstract for a Sonic level ...but you know what, i'm gonna wait and see what they bring. I like the look though despite it being kinda weird but we dunno how it will look once connected to everything else in the level. It could be beautiful.

lol this game even causes arguments in our close knit forums :P

it ain't a SEGA fan forum if there ain't some sh!t poppin' off, yo! XD

The sinlge good thing to come out of that pile was "Dreams of Absolution". Arguably the best lyrical song in any Sonic title.

Kinda surprising how famous and loved that song is becoming. I had no idea it was as good as it is until i actually checked out Bently Jones' music and met the dude in person. Dreams of Absolution is a pretty jammin' song indeed, i agree.

As for memorable level music though, they need to have melodies. A tune that can be remembered and hummed because thats what you could do with all the older Sonic level music. Once the level music started getting over complicated then it lost it's appeal. In level music case i personaly believe that less is more.

I really wish they would get Tryezz on to make the music for this game. His album Sonics Poppin' Groove really captured a fantastic feel for Sonicy styled level music. It would fit wonderfully in a 2D game.

That being said, Sonic Adventure 1 had some good level music too. The Snowboarding section springs to mind instantly, as well as the final boss fight for E-102. Probably one of my favourite pieces of music from any game.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
right, for this game's release, i'm setting myself a goal. by the time this comes out, i have to at least own panzer dragoon, jet set radio future, shenmue and space channel 5! maybe shenmue 2, assuming i can afford all this :P if i fail to do this then.....you's can suggest a punishment! ;) although i hope it's a later 2010 for the release :P with that goal aside, i don't know whether i want sonic to look like he used to, or ol' tall green eyes. same as tails and knuckles. either way, i hope they're not as pixelated as they used to be, in an effort to emulate the feel of the old games. with todays capabilities for sprites and such, it'd feel kinda half assed to me nowadays to be doing it. sure it was groundbreaking(orararararararara! rats!) at the time, but...would younger kids appreciate it as much nowadays?

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Yeah I saw the link to that this morning. I got a small chill down my spine then I wanted to look up more facts about it but I was off to work. so now I know more and I'm still feeling excited, being well aware it may flop. Sonic is my roots and I think that youthful-fangirly feeling is stuck with me for life, even if it dies off :P

I like the designs of the platforms, I see this game playing out with some SSBB style fighting and more track space for your need for speed. But I can just see Sonic running quite fast then you come across a mob and you give them a brief ass whoopin' with an arsenal of physical combos at your disposal and carry on...basically, I hope for something more detailed but you would get special attacks along the way etc, etc.

The cliff shaped platforms with the lower,shorter ledge at the bottom remind me of SSBB too.
It wont be all -> + B, I hope not

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I like the designs of the platforms, I see this game playing out with some SSBB style fighting and more track space for your need for speed. But I can just see Sonic running quite fast then you come across a mob and you give them a brief ass whoopin' with an arsenal of physical combos at your disposal and carry on...basically, I hope for something more detailed but you would get special attacks along the way etc, etc.

Ever play Sonic and the Black Knight?

I can say with very strong conviction that I believe a Sonic game that puts increased emphasis on combat has it's priorities horribly skewed. The fun is found in the speed and platforming.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Ever play Sonic and the Black Knight?

I can say with very strong conviction that I believe a Sonic game that puts increased emphasis on combat has it's priorities horribly skewed. The fun is found in the speed and platforming.

I haven't played Black Knight, must be missing something there. :P

I didn't really mind the Warehog form in Sonic Unleashed, just how time consuming it was, but it was fun. And the manner Sonic's controlled in SSBB, I find VERY fun. No doubt I'm pumped for speed and jumping around. For a while we have wanted an old skool Sonic game, but didn't we kind of get that with Sonic Advanced 1-3. Sonic Rush was similar as well, and sounds a lot like this game coming out, the only difference between all those games is the graphics. Personally I just want to do more in this game, I don't want it exactly like the Genesis games.

So sure a New Sonic game excites me, so does the mystery of not knowing whats in stock, even after failed attempts, I'm not afraid to try something new.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Unleashed was like every end of the bad spectrum for me. The day stages were nice and Sonicy, but much too fast. I felt like I had no time to enjoy the prettiness. The werehog stages had a concept that could work on it's own, but it was too slow and monotonous. I couldn't finsh the game- I got too bored. :P

As for the Green Hill-esque artwork, it looks like what would happen if Sega hired Tim Burton. Nice, but rather swirly and remiscent of stop motion to look like something I'd expect frrom Sonic.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Personally I just want to do more in this game, I don't want it exactly like the Genesis games.

I'm not afraid to try something new.

The problem is Sonic has been constantly trying several "new things" for quite some time with less than impressive results and the core gamer by and large is just sick of it. Speed and platforming is Sonic's identity, it's what he does best and if that isn't quite enough for you then honestly, you sound like Sonic Team's target demographic for the past several years.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
What's wrong with a bit of variety? For example, an extra mission where Sonic can't go below (or above!) a certain speed, or you have to see how fast you can get Sonic going before the stage ends. Variety doesn't always mean time-warping hedgehogs, furryphile princesses, and swords.

As for other characters, I would like the opportunity to play as Tails, Knuckles, and, yes, Amy, but not be forced to do so. Also, I'd like to be able to play as them WHENEVER I want after unlocking them, not Black Knight's "only on four stages you get after beating the game".

Also, Super Sonic anywhere and Chao plz thx.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

The problem is Sonic has been constantly trying several "new things" for quite some time with less than impressive results and the core gamer by and large is just sick of it. Speed and platforming is Sonic's identity, it's what he does best and if that isn't quite enough for you then honestly, you sound like Sonic Team's target demographic for the past several years.

I tried acquiring a taste for the new games yes, but not without saying there have been plenty other platform Sonic games past the year 1994 to keep me entertained.

Sonic Rush is one of my favorites being, 2d-3d with that nostalgic speedy platforming were talking here, and I liked it being on the DS, portability is a great feature for quick level zones.

Speed/platforming IS a must in a Sonic game, but everything needs its own little special ingredient to keep the sparks aflame. Otherwise this just looks like a 3d render of a Sonic game running threw loopy zones, sounds like I can download it on Xbox live.

And yet I'm anxious for this game, but playing it threw my head I can't really fathom anything TOO exciting about it besides looking pretty. Is that all Sonic needed? A nice polishing, dusting off the old games. :/ I'm very indecisive on the matter it seems.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Posted Image

I love when new Sonic games are announced. I won't be able to sit still now for at least a week.

(crosses fingers for amazing-quality game)

I'm excited but trying to remind myself that 2d graphics wont change SEGA's storywriting, character inclusions or often non existant marketing. It would be a real shame if this game turned out great and hardly anybody knew about it.

I'm sure this game will be highly recognized. It's Sonic. It's (unfortunately, in most cases) the only series SEGA really pushes anymore.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Needless to say but there are reports that www.needlemouse.com could very well be a fake site. Better keep our eyes open for SEGA's word on the matter.

--edit--update--
Just read at TSS that the site IS fake!
Which is one really elaborate hoax, man. I mean, they released the website the same day, used the same project name and everything.

It all smells a little fishy, me thinks.

Anyways, for now. It seems the site is fake so let us not worry ourselves about it unless we're told otherwise.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Isn't it odd though that they put the site up just a little while ago. I could understand if it was like 2 years old or something. Maybe it was someone within SEGA trying to hint or be an ass XD

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
"Needlemouse" is a commonly used name among fan works. It was probably just a coincidence.

I'm glad that that site is unrelated, those platforms look like they were made by someone fooling around with Zbrush for the first time.

I like the classic sound effects in the trailer, but they haven't shown much yet. It remains to be seen if they actually are doing what they say they're doing.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
Well if it is indeed fake I'm happy I found out now than later. But now my theories are tarnished and I have not seen enough to conclude anything but a mere 3D sidescroller. Is it normal for this to bother me AND not have a problem with it? :blink:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
As much as I am amused about hearing the ever so classic 'Sega' logo sound....

I really don't care much for this. How many times must I be told that they are going back to 2D Sonic and never really do or put some gimmick in it to throw it off. I will treat this the same way I did Unleashed, open minded, but not hopeful.

This does not mean the game will be the worst thing on the planet, I just doubt they will fully keep their word.

-Edit-

Nothing will ever be as bad as Sonic 06...ever. I am not joking in the slightest when I say Sonic 06 was one of the most horrible, painful, soul-killing video games I have played in my entire life. The sinlge good thing to come out of that pile was "Dreams of Absolution". Arguably the best lyrical song in any Sonic title.

What about Sonic Labyrinth? I always figured that to be the worst.... Though I guess since it is a Spin Off it doesn't count...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
y'know what i hope is in it? item boxes! they dont have them hidden away any more, imagine runnin around on unleashed with full upgrades, aswell as invincibility and speed up! you'd be unstoppable! muhahahaha! and cool checkpoints again, i dont want floor platforms or stars! :blink: and yes, the special stages ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
www.needlemouse.com has a disclaimer on it now saying it has nothing to do with SEGA, so that's about as official as it can get.

So, we have nothing to go on but a trailer that doesn't show anything. Lol. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users