Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic 4 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
Story-wise, I want it to be to just the basic Sonic 1 story.
Eggman's turning the Cute animals into mean Badniks, and Sonic has to Save them, beat Eggman, and Find the Chaos emeralds to Restore peace to the World.

Either that, or something like Sonic Heroes' Story.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Heck, he hasn't been a boss (as himself) since CD, has he? Just cameos and multiplayer.

*Spoilers Ahoy*
Spoiler

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT BLUE TUMOR?!?

...is that...Sonic? -shudder-

That's one of the title screns from "Mr. Needlemouse" a hack of Sonic 1. It's basically meant to include a lot of the stuff that ended up the cutting room floor very early in development. He comes from this illustration.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

*Spoilers Ahoy*

Spoiler

That's why I said "As himself."

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Mr. Needlemouse is kind of cute when he isn't making that dopey "O______O" face. Not Sonic, but kind of cute in his own special way. :)

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
I was just thinking about the return of this dude in this game: http://media.moddb.c...he_hedgehog.jpg
here's some info on him:
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Ashura

...Maybe?...
Edit: Here's a better picture of him: http://fc06.devianta...Productions.jpg
Granted there is no "official" version of him, but I like this version the best. ^^;

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I was just thinking about the return of this dude in this game: http://media.moddb.c...he_hedgehog.jpg
here's some info on him:
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Ashura

...Maybe?...
Edit: Here's a better picture of him: http://fc06.devianta...Productions.jpg
Granted there is no "official" version of him, but I like this version the best. ^^;

I don't think I'd like to see Ashura as a character with significance in the plot. However, it would be AWSOME to have a trick in the game that recolours Sonic as a modern Ashura.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Cool idea! They'd probably make him a straight-up clone of Shadow anyways. (I do like Shadow, don't get me wrong, I just don't want Ashura to be a straight-up copy of him.)
Also, I was wondering- what will the badniks be like? Will they be awesome, like the originals, or, IMO, boring and uncreative like the current ones. <_<

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I like Sonic Unleashed's badniks. They're tough, but still have that Robotnik touch to them, unlike Sonic 06's standard robots. I like them a lot better than Sonic Heroes's badniks, too.

But then again, animal/bug robots would be cool, too.

EDIT: Ashura, eh? I remember hearing about him. I doubt he'll be in, but an homage to the old genesis glitches like "Night Mode" and Asura coloring would be coolio.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

EDIT: Ashura, eh? I remember hearing about him. I doubt he'll be in, but an homage to the old genesis glitches like "Night Mode" and Asura coloring would be coolio.

I think it would be fun to see a revival of the debug mode cheats from the Genesis games. It was just so cool to beat a level as a ring. :lol:

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

I think it would be fun to see a revival of the debug mode cheats from the Genesis games. It was just so cool to beat a level as a ring. :lol:

YES! Debug mode would be excellent.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I got an idea! Let's all e-mail Sumo to convince Sega to put the old debug mode in the game with the updated version of Ashura in it! *Hacked into pieces by Sol* :P

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Hello everyone!
Miss me?
*no*
Anyhoo... As soon as I saw that Project Needlemouse trailer I knew the NiGHTS community to be all over it!
I think I was pretty close unfortunately...
Time to rant abit...

Yay, a Sonic game that's going back to it's roots! Where in the bleedin blazes have I heard that before? Oh, Ya!
Sonic Next Gen!
Sonic Unleashed!
And even Sonic and the Secret Rings at some points!
"But this one's in 2-D!"
Oh, ya woohoo! Don't care >:(
Guess what? I see a game called Drake and Josh for the GBA! It's in 2-D too! That must mean it's good!
My point... ANY gaming company can make a 2-D, or 3-D, 4-D, 9,999-D game and make it crap!
Not to mention SAY anything and not do it...
This game might be good... perhaps...
But this is Sega and my expectations are really, really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly low...
and I really hope that I can wait for this game to come out... log into NiD.com... and tell me
"HA! you can bite me, Saifer! Cuz this game's the best!" from hundreds of different users... but until that day comes... please refer to Zero's chart an send me all the hate mail you want...

Whew... Not the best note to return on... but I wanted that off my chest...
Sorry if I offend anyone...
Now then... lets see what I missed... Have a nice day! B)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
F**k off saifer, sonic can do no wrong!

i'm jokin of course! B) you are entitled to your veiwpoints and opinions, no need to apologise! some people are excited, some aren't, thus is life! :( and welcome back to the forums! :P

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Lol, ty!

I'm actually glad that "teaser site" isn't associated with Sega...
Or all the Who's down in Whoville would throw such a racket!
They'd hold Sega's bank up in the air and crack it!

Rachael

Rachael

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hmm It Might be intresting. Not a big fan of sonic though. Lets hope that it all goes well.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Y'know I'm really really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I have my 360 right ? And sure it has a lot of great games on it, and I wouldn't trade my Halo times for anything, but one thing I really miss is the colourfull platformers of yesterday. The only 3 games I've ever completed 100% on the 360 ? The three Banjo-Kazooie games, because they are bright, colourfull, funny and a blast to play. You have all this processing power in these next-gen machines, but whats the point when its all fugly browns and realistic sh!t ? I want my colourfll imaginative landcapes damn it!

I hope this game satisfys my need here.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Y'know I'm really really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I have my 360 right ? And sure it has a lot of great games on it, and I wouldn't trade my Halo times for anything, but one thing I really miss is the colourfull platformers of yesterday. The only 3 games I've ever completed 100% on the 360 ? The three Banjo-Kazooie games, because they are bright, colourfull, funny and a blast to play. You have all this processing power in these next-gen machines, but whats the point when its all fugly browns and realistic sh!t ? I want my colourfll imaginative landcapes damn it!

I hope this game satisfys my need here.

Damn straight, Jof.

9,999-D? IT'S OVER NINE THOUUUSAAAAAAND!!!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm getting the feeling that they're going to use a classic Sonic inspired classic design. Just a thought.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Posted Image

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

A very appropriate image on Halloween.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More that seems to point to a download only title http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=109673

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Challenge! We answer questions and they give character hints. http://blogs.sega.co...ountdown-day-1/

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
There's only 2 people in that list that won't make me rage...
and Mr. Needlemouse isn't one of them...
What a disappointing day...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I am amused that some of the comments are along the lines of "please put Silver, Bean, Bark, and Fang in this game and also a Chao garden." Urgh.

Anyway, I'm half-expecting Sonic to end up being the only playable character and for this to be a fake-out. I mean, I thought Shade was cool in Sonic Chronicles but she has no place in an "oldschool-style" Sonic game. And the fact that Tails and Knuckles are not on the list seems pretty funny.

But even if there are multiple playable characters, I don't think that would hurt the game in any way. The Sonic Advance trilogy was plenty of fun and having characters like Amy and Cream didn't detract from it.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I'm pretty sure this is a fake-out too, but we all know what Sega's capable of...

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I think that the "Bonus Points" for getting at least 250 right answers instead of 100 will be announcing Tails and Knuckles. I hope. But if not, I strongly think it will be a Sonic-only game.

This is a pretty cool way to announce which characters are playable, though.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I'm ok with 5 of these characters appearing...
If they take 1 character for each day we meet the challenge then we'll be left with 6...
which means I'll most likely hate one of them...
Granted this also means that Sega's once again shot people's hopes down for making a Sonic only, classic style game...
Oh well... it's not like I didn't see this coming after all...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
Why don't you just ignore the character you don't like and only play as Sonic then?
Unless they're doing it Sonic Adventure 2 style, in which you have to play as every character to progress (which I doubt they'll do), it shouldn't be a big deal.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if they don't keep to their promise I'm just pointing out that they are doing it again...
So long as the game's good... I'll play...
So long as the gameplay's fun... I'll even play as Chip... (but the game will be muted...)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
None of those characters other than Sonic will be left stamped out. I mean, look at the characters. It's a joke. Half of those characters are not even playable in regular Sonic titles. Froggy? Tikal? Mr. Needlemouse?? Lol, they're gonna run this whole thing and every character there is out. All except Sonic.

Another real obvious factor in that list is the fact that Tails and Knuckles are not listed. Why? Because they might very well be playable and therefore they should not appear in a list of characters in which all the characters are going to get stamped out :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
knux ftw 2k10 (does that still work...?) pwning sonic in the face!!!1!!one! lolz rolfcoptrz

now to post something actually half worthwhile. aside from SA2B, we've never gotten to play as Tikal, that would be quite interesting, but would she play as a clone of knuckles or amy...

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I think it's a fake out too and can't wait to see some of the comments when only Sonic's name is left.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
If they keep removing two a day, then Sonic will indeed be the only character left. Woooo!

I wonder what the "bonus" will be. Screenshots?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
It's kind of annoying how obvious they're making this...
But we can't say for sure that they are going to be taking down 2 each day...
For some reason... my hopes have gone even lower for this game... maybe I'm just in a bad mood...

GraceWolf

GraceWolf

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Writing,drawing,video games,reading, and other natural things
I'm intesrested but I guess I havn't know Sonic for that long even if I do listen to a Sonic podcast! :lol: Well heres what I found out. SEGA is have a contest on charater that won't be in Sonic or something like that where you have to say who will not be in Needle Mouse.

:lol:1: The Details: Each name on the picture above is a potential playable character in Project Needlemouse. However, not all of them are going to make the cut – and each day this week until Friday, we’re going to update this picture with a rejected stamp over those who will not actually be showing up!

2: The Challenge: Answer our trivia questions about oldschool Sonic games! (Genesis era) We’ll post trivia questions each day on a specific part of our SEGA/Sonic sites, and you all have to work together to figure out the right answers and post them there! Each day we’ll challenge you guys to get a certain number of people to post the correct answers – and if you meet that challenge, we’ll remove more names from the picture in a new blog the following day!

*About Bonus Points: If you go above and beyond the expected results, the community will earn a bonus point for that day. Earn at least three bonus points and we’ll give you all something special this Friday!

3: The Schedule:
•Monday: SEGA Blogs
•Tuesday: SEGA/Sonic Facebook
•Wednesday: Official Sonic Forum
•Thursday: SEGA Twitter

There the rule! Wow! When did they get a sense of humor? :lol:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I've got a good feeling that three characters are going to be gone tomorrow. Three or four.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
It's worth noting that the current Facebook question-thing has yet to reach the required number of responses. To me this means that a bonus point for today is out.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
1 more hour!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*fan hype*

Twitter was epic yesterday, RubyEclipse and all of us SEGA fans were trying to get #SEGA on the trending topics list.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
What's happening in an hour? :P ...oh, you mean they're actually going to unveil some info now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users