Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Chan Kaylore's Content

There have been 86 items by Chan Kaylore (Search limited from 05-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4903 Ahaha, I'm so lazy...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 11 May 2007 - 01:12 PM in Introduce Yourself

I actually registered about a week ago but was too sodding lazy to actually do the obligatory intro post. Story of my life.

So. Thus.

Work-wise, I'm a vet nurse, and that's me on the business end of things. Spare time sees me doing various arty things (sketching being the main thing, though I dabble in a bit of writing and sewing too), walking a lot and now looking for a new motorcycle after my license just went through.

Only really recently got into NiGHTS about 4-5 years ago now. I was always one of those kids who would see the in-store ads and such, and sort of stare at them with wanton need. Then I bought a Playstation, of course, and the fandom was lost for a while.

After I got involved with DeviantArt, I really started noticing NiD artwork all over again and it sort of went from there. Course...still meant I was damn lazy in terms of joining any forums.

But here I am, ready for the public grilling. Have at you.

(I really am a nice girl, I'm just currently kind of manky and narky after work)

#4950 Ahaha, I'm so lazy...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 11 May 2007 - 09:39 PM in Introduce Yourself

I Love You.

Aww, thankyou hun.

#4985 Our Worst Fear

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 04:14 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

*snort* Seen it before, but it's still awesome for a giggle. It's a scary concept though.

#4986 Your gender

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 04:22 AM in Poll Area

Somewhat female here, last time I checked.

Aaaand it's back to 50/50 again.

#4994 Dreams

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 07:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I'd have to go Soft Museum as well (and the music is something I can listen to anyday). Although in terms of visuals, I do like Stick Canyon.

I still suck horribly at it though ;)

#4995 Ahaha, I'm so lazy...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 07:45 AM in Introduce Yourself

Heh, thanks. I've been there for four years now, and am this close to getting my degree. This close. Although I'm kind of interested in doing other things later on down the track. I just have no idea what.

#5010 Chan's Artwork

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 12:58 PM in Creative Stuff!

I've been on DeviantArt for a while, so anything past this first picture isn't necessarily new (as in, dated around 2004/5). Just thought I'd update with...well, an art update (hush, it's late for me. My brain conked out hours ago...)

Mostly I use traditional mediums, but sometimes I like to bash things out on OpenCanvas or Photoshop (both of which I'm still getting the hang of).

I'm babbling. Again.

Latest artwork:
Quick doodle of Jackle done in OpenCanvas, with colour lovingly slopped on via Photoshop. In keeping with the name on DeviantArt, here's that Cheshire Maren:

Posted Image

With a grin like that, I think he might eat someone's face off. Sketch done from memory, so one or two things may be off. Oh well <3

Scrappy artwork:

::26/5:: A copy and paste description from DA: Quick sketch at work done in horribly, horribly light pencil. Hence the severe butchering and darkening of the lines here (my poor scanner couldn't even see the thing).

Faffing about with Reala again, who currently looks like he had the living snot beaten out of him, and he's none too happy with that.

Unfinished, though I might do a cleaner version in the future.

Posted Image

Preview artwork:

No current work.

Previous artwork:
26/05: r e a l a
21/05: NiGHTS: The angry posing nancy
18/05: Reala sketch-in-progress. The lineart at least :(
12/05: Malicious Dancer

The rest (my older artwork), I'll just provide the DA links to.

SPiKES Fanart for CrystalGal23
U.V.NiGHTS Fanart (one of my better pieces)
U.V.NiGHTS - Tearing Me
Don't look at me (that's the title, not a warning btw)
Random itty-bitty sketch
MSN Chat Doodle

#5121 MissyZero is here!

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 13 May 2007 - 10:34 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hola from one new thing to the next! And I'd have to agree with the general vote here; nice choice of likes ^_^

#5353 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 15 May 2007 - 05:32 AM in Poll Area

Ouch, and Jackle was up there too... Buuut, since the question was between NiGHTS and Reala, I'd have to go with NiGHTS.

#5379 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 12:28 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Have the Saturn and NiD, but sadly never finished it. Although I watch some of the video clip on Score Attack and sort sit there like a stunned mullet (it'd be nice to actually get higher than a C ranking one of these days XD)

Ahahaha, and I...never beat Wizeman once... *brick'd from hardcore gamers* I always run out of time before even looking at the guy. Fail.

#5406 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 03:05 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't have all the A's, nor do I want them, I just wanna enjoy the game.

Seconded! Although...it would be nice to say I've actually achieved one? Maybe? ^^;

#5408 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 03:09 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm going with Puffy on this one; she was one of the most irritating and long boss battles for me, simply because I had the aim of a drunken spoon.

#5426 Chan's Artwork

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 12:01 PM in Creative Stuff!

@ ~Tsuki~: Thanks! Although my old scanner did a brilliant job of making my colouring look like rubbish most of the time :) Thankfully I've replaced it since then.

@ Zero 22: Hee, thankyou~

@ whatabout_paul: Aw, thankyou so much! It's lovely to hear that!

@ Ideya Fairy: With legs like those, it's hard not to be smexy :3

Also! New art preview up! Image at the top of the page!

#5429 JoD has new Japanese subtitle

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 01:25 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Interesting name! I'd like to see if this will somehow be tagged onto the game outside of Japan. Moreover, I'd like to see what this Falling Stars business is about. Thanks for the link!

#5431 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 01:28 PM in Poll Area

Fuckle.

Aw snap, forgot about him.

#5526 Buying a Wii

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 03:59 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd say I'll probably purchase a Wii for JoD. Looking at the range of games that are available for the console at the moment, there's a decent enough catalogue to justify it. I usually start a console with one or two games, and buy a new one every so often, so I'd have to say yeah, I'll buy when when NiGHTS is released.

#5527 Kat's piccies

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 04:14 AM in Creative Stuff!

Wow, both of these are gorgeous! Femme Reala is one incredibly sexy creature <3 I love the weight of the lines you've used here; really makes her hair and curves stand out nicely (oh god the hair! THE HAIR /fangasm). Yes, I really do love how flowing and rich you've made her hair. That pose is so sultry; as if she's just woken up and in mid-stretch (or the age old 'come hither' look).

NiGHTS on a trapeze is adorable (once again hair. OH HAIR /caps rape). Such a serene feeling to it; the expression and the pose really suit it. I do love how you've altered NiGHTS' costume to suit the picture (and I'd have to agree with you; seeing him in anything glittery would be awesome).

Excellent job on both of them! Can't wait to see more!

#5534 NiGHTS inspired by music

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 05:29 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I am generally inspired by music, I can't draw properly in complete silence.
For NiGHTS related art I find myself often listening to orchestrated songs... though it really depends on what kind of picture I'm drawing.

Seconded on all counts. Silence tends to drive me nuts whenever I'm doing anything. Mainly soundtracks, or music that has minimal lyrics are the things I go for. Heck, I still listen to the Sonic 3/Knuckles soundtracks XD Anything orchestral really.

Though out of the few soundtracks/albums I've been listening to lately, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle seem to be the ones that are stuck on repeat. I have to admit though, Reanimation is one album I usually stick on for background music.

#5537 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 08:20 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd like to see something along the lines of a Tron world; all digital and neon. It sort of makes me wonder: if we see NiGHTS shapeshift into various oddities, and now we know his costume has changed - would his outfit change to match the areas he would visit? Ie: NiGHTS into a neon jumpsuit a la Tron.

...Oi, brick me now, that's the sugar talking.

Posted Image

#5541 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 10:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

As well as your inner Tron fan.

...That too :) I think it's the idea behind the landscape of the Tron-verse that interests me; when you're looking at it, it seems to stretch on forever. It'd be nice to see any sort of landscape like that in JoD.

#5590 C: o hallo

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 03:12 AM in Introduce Yourself

Heh, howdy you! Welcome to the forums! You lucky sod though, snagging a copy of NiGHTS for $1? Oi, wish some of us could say the same ^_^

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and don't worry, we won't bite much. We may snuggle, but there's not much biting.

#5591 Was there a NiGHTS anime?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 03:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There's so many interceptions that it'd be impossible to make most of the fans happy with it... unless they made a music video and left it as vague as the game. And even then it'd be difficult.

Seconded. Given all the ideas and concepts behind NiGHTS, it'd be about as easy as making an episode for every fan on the planet; there's simply no way to cater to everyone's tastes in terms of dealing with the NiD crew.

Although, if they were to make something along the lines of a teaser episode, it may raise even more questions than answers in terms of the NiD universe (not that there's anything wrong with that; they'd be encouraging the fanbase to use their imaginations and thinking caps a little more...than we already do).

#5599 Was there a NiGHTS anime?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 04:00 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Plus, I wanna hear Jackle make stupid puns like "I pretended I was a bar of soap and gave them the slip."

Thanks, I just snorted my tea across the monitor ^_^

#5600 Chan's Artwork

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 04:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

@ whatabout_paul: *blushes* R-really? Wow, thankyou so much! And don't be too hard on yourself; every day you put pen to paper, there's always an improvement. It might be slight, but it'll be there. Also, I do remember ages and ages ago (easy four years now I'd say) Trippy posted up a pic on DeviantArt of Reala with the horns and hair, which was my inspiration for this piece. So I'm shoving all credit in her general direction.

@ ~Tsuki~: Always the best way to look (well for Reala it's the only way to look XD). And thankyou so much for the birthday wishes! *loves on you*

#5607 The Worlds of Journey of Dreams

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 06:56 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You know, running with this idea that each dream is going to have seperate zones, would it be something long the lines of starting in the dream and finishing in the nightmare?

What I mean by that is, sure, the levels would start off nice and happy, but would slowly start to decay and warp around you, ending up as a horrible parallel of the dream you started in. Or vice versa; starting in the nightmare and guiding the dreamer back to the dream.

Coming from SonicTeam, it wouldn't be hard to picture seperate zones for each dream (a la the Sonic series).