Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Worlds of Journey of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Some people say that it's bad that there are seven worlds to fly through.
But I believe either TRiPPY or DiGi said that it was possible that this meant that there would be multiple similarly themed levels in each world, and I think this is what's gonna happen.
Look at the picture of the Water Dream in one of the magazine articles (the drawn one, not the screenshot). There is a ship to the left, to the right, you see a bit of the Splash Garden area, and in the distance you can see a crystalline castle being showered by a waterfall. I bet that each one of these is a dream, and they make up the Water Dream. Here's a bunch of levels I had come up with in my bored time.

World 1: Water
Splash Garden the Affection- The colloseum area. Fish fly freely, along with large watery gysers.
Ships' Grave the Exploration- Sunken ships are strangely wrecked upon mountainous caves.
Crystalline Castle the Imagination- A bright, mirror-walled castle that is confusing to those who aren't careful.

World 2: Wind
Spring Valley the Ideal- A lush, green valley with floating windmills and trees.
Great Nimbus the Passion- A dream set high in the sky. NiGHTS must use the Dragon Persona a lot here.
Dark Storm the Eternity- A dark, gloomy thunderstorm-ridden area set in a delapidated valley.

World 3: Space
Starry Night the Playfulness- NiGHTS in space! NiGHTS must navigate in and out of an asteroid field.
Futura Station the Hope- A futuristic space station where the machinery is going crazy!
Silent Star the Darkness- A dark, lonely planet that is in need of NiGHTS help.

That's just some junk I came up with. So, in summary, I think that each "world" will have three dreams (levels). What do you guys think?

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
That's a neat theory. It would also give us way more to explore! <3's~ ^^ I hope we get to explore the sunken ship. I think that would be fun. X3

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
I like the dreamscape ideas you came up with, EZEKiAL. But it seems to me that the dreamscapes all have an airy sort of tone. That's all well and good, but I think that something a little more land-oriented is necessary. Something like Mystic Forest or Stick Canyon from the previous game, know what I mean?

A "high in the sky" level seems redundant when there are two levels in space. You can't get much higher in the sky than that. I should think that a forest level or an enchanted castle level would complement Spring Valley nicely. They would also bring an "earthy" theme to the table without being claustrophobic or limiting.

Chan Kaylore

Chan Kaylore

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach at sunset, stealing kisses from loved ones, terrorising small children with bees, holding hands and chatting.<br /><br />Did I mention children and bees? I meant hornets.<br /><br />Big ones.
You know, running with this idea that each dream is going to have seperate zones, would it be something long the lines of starting in the dream and finishing in the nightmare?

What I mean by that is, sure, the levels would start off nice and happy, but would slowly start to decay and warp around you, ending up as a horrible parallel of the dream you started in. Or vice versa; starting in the nightmare and guiding the dreamer back to the dream.

Coming from SonicTeam, it wouldn't be hard to picture seperate zones for each dream (a la the Sonic series).

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

You know, running with this idea that each dream is going to have seperate zones, would it be something long the lines of starting in the dream and finishing in the nightmare?

What I mean by that is, sure, the levels would start off nice and happy, but would slowly start to decay and warp around you, ending up as a horrible parallel of the dream you started in. Or vice versa; starting in the nightmare and guiding the dreamer back to the dream.

Coming from SonicTeam, it wouldn't be hard to picture seperate zones for each dream (a la the Sonic series).

Hmm....that sounds like something Sonic Team might do. I like that idea...

As for me, I like the idea you have, EZEKiAL. I was thinking something similar to that. And, Sonic Team probably would want to make N:JOD rather longer than 7 levels, imo, so it would be 7 worlds instead.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
Let's go over the facts, shall we? We have screenshots of one Nightmare level, containing the patchwork boss. We have screenshots of at least one Nightopia dreamscape, one that resembles Splash* Garden. We have confirmation that there are at least 7 themes in the levels' design. We know that one is Arabian/sand-themed. We also know that past work (i.e. levels from the original game) is being considered for re-hashing and re-use. I think this is a good theory, based on all of that. However, I'm inclined to agree with Curiosity Inc. when he says that the themeing is a bit one-sided. Still, on the other hand, it would make no sense for there to be a forest level in the Splash Garden world, since there may still be a Mystic Forest-based world.

*For those interested, I just mistyped that as "Slapsh." Yeah.

EDiT: Oh yeah, and-- EZEKiAL, would you mind me eventually using some of your dreamscape ideas in fanfictions and whatnot?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I don't mind you using those...just gimmie some credit, kay? ;) I have some fanfics going on for myself that involve these, but they won't get posted for a long time. Feel free.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Those are quite good. Im always too busy to think that hard. :D

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Throwing Prinnies and playing games.
That sounds good but then the worlds would be much larger. try getting away from your egg then EZEKiAL.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

That sounds good but then the worlds would be much larger. try getting away from your egg then EZEKiAL.

Oh, I will...

And that's not a threat.

That's a promise.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
....egg...wa? sorry im like mondo confuso (if thats a word :D)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

....egg...wa? sorry im like mondo confuso (if thats a word :D)

...uh...egg clock?
Duh.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
i thought that was it. sorry, ive been going ebay crazy and cant think xD

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

i thought that was it. sorry, ive been going ebay crazy and cant think xD

*gasp* EBAY CRAZY!?! *runs off screaming*

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
yeah...i forced myself to get 5 of the 6 archie comics and NiD japan import....ebay....crazy......aaah run away as fast as you can.....SAVE YOURSELVES!!....ITS TOO LATE FOR ME....HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
E-BAY CRAZY!?! NOT CONTAGOUS I HOPE.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
IM AFRAID IT IS...*sneezes on you so you catch it* MUAHAHAH

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

IM AFRAID IT IS...*sneezes on you so you catch it* MUAHAHAH

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE CLEAR!
NOW I HAVE EBAY SICKNESS AND EZEKiAL WANTS TO KILL ME!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
NO. WE MUST....MAKE EZEKiAL.....ONE OF US....ONE OF US...ONE OF US.....ONE OF US....*lethal sneeze on EZEKiAL.....WELCOME....YOU HAVE JOINED THE EBAY EPIDEMIC......WE HAVE HAPPY HOUR ON TUESDAY....

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Tuesday i thought it was on Friday! *AHCHOO* DANG IT! I CANT SEE MY COMPUTER SCEEN ANYMORE!

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
Kill the caps, please guys.
And try to stay on topic, this is getting out of hand.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yes, please. This is getting out of hand, if you're going to bounce from topic to topic being ridiculous, please do it elsewhere.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
sorry purg. *replies to pm* sorry silkie. *puppy dog eyes again* ok, back on topic.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
sure. may as well bored here anyways.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
LOL, y'all are so crazy! XD

Had I grown up to take over Sega, I would've come and hired every one of you creative folks. These ideyas are fantastic! The names you've given the levels, EZEKiAL, are great! And I agree with Chan and NNR07, multiple stages within the worlds FTW. :3 More exploration, more flying! Whee~~~!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

sure. may as well bored here anyways.

Thank you..
I'm sure there are some non-NiGHTS forums around some where that are more entertaining if anyone else feels that they're that bored. But other than that, we don't ask much from anyone else around here except to not spam and please be courteous. Enjoy yourself when you can, and if you can't, we apologize. Maybe something will catch your attention soon.
To get back on topic, interesting theory you got there.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
im still thinking that would make the worlds a little big and you could get lost a lot easier. especialy if u do like EZEKiAL and run around without NiGHTS.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

im still thinking that would make the worlds a little big and you could get lost a lot easier. especialy if u do like EZEKiAL and run around without NiGHTS.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to get lost when you're flying on rails.

Personally, I don't want bigger levels. I want more levels. See, if the mares start to get too long, you get to the point where it's impossible to finish the mare -- much less get a decent score -- in a two-minute time limit. I'd much rather have a large selection of eye candy to choose from and a nice, wide variety of tracks to try and beat.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I definitely would prefer more levels to bigger ones.

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
While I realise that the point of the game is to focus more on the flying aspect, I'd like exploring as the dreamers to be a little more enjoyable if at all possible. In NiGHTS, I found that it was a real pain sometimes to walk around as Elliot/Claris (though not quite as horrific as playing Sonic in Christmas NiGHTS, eugh!)

I totally agree with Chan Kaylore, and like the dreamscape idea I posted in another thread, I'd like a little more Nightmare-type stuff outside of the boss battles. I'm not suggesting that Sega go all Silent Hill on us, but it would be nice to be able to explore the darker dreamworlds for a little while.

(Oh, and while I realise this is off-topic, how come I have this WARN thing below my 'member number'? Have I done anything particularly wrong-if so I apologise- or does everyone have one?)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I agree: More levels rather than bigger. That said, I also want the dreamer part to be a bit better... Controlling the camera in the original tends to be painful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users