Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JoD has new Japanese subtitle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
http://wii.ign.com/a...8/788751p1.html - "Story of the Night of the Falling Stars" Hmmm!

Chan Kaylore

Chan Kaylore

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach at sunset, stealing kisses from loved ones, terrorising small children with bees, holding hands and chatting.<br /><br />Did I mention children and bees? I meant hornets.<br /><br />Big ones.
Interesting name! I'd like to see if this will somehow be tagged onto the game outside of Japan. Moreover, I'd like to see what this Falling Stars business is about. Thanks for the link!

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling
I don't see anything wrong with "Journey of Dreams" as a subtitle, though that one is probably better for the Japanese audience. I actually hope they don't change the title here, though...

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I'm getting a 404 message...

Maybe it has something to do with the plot? If we made the grammar make more sense in English it's 'Night of Falling Stars'... hmm. For soem reason I'm getting images of a child's story book kinda story, which might be neat? Or maybe I'm just odd?

I actually prefer 'Journey of Dreams' though. (I wish it was Journey INTO Dreams though, it has a nice ring to it). Maybe in Japanese it's more awkward to say or remember? Or longer? Or is it just not a ususal kind of name so it would sound odd?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Project Bedtime Story.

HMMM

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I see what you did thar.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
overdo it much?

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I'm just fine with the title of Journey of Dreams. I don't quite imagine it as any other title in international terms.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
"Night of Falling Stars" has a nice ring to it, although it would be a little awkward to say the whole title. "Journey of Dreams" is good enough for me.

I'm with you AYRiES: I wonder what kind of hint this title might provide for the plot, if any. Something else to enjoy turning over in my head. ^^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
According to this story, it seems the new NiGHTS game has a new subtitle in Japan. Thoughts, anybody? I know "Story of the Night of the Falling Stars" doesn't roll off my tongue particularly well.

*Edit*Oops, a topic already exists. Sorry everyone.*Edit*

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
IGN confirmed it too! While I appreciate any tidbit of new info, I wonder if it's a tad too long.. still, what does this mean for the game's storyline? Thoughts anyone?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
There's already a topic for this subject. It can be found here: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//ind...p?showtopic=371

Please post all other comments there. ^^

EDIT I merged the two topics together, if there's any confusion. *Uses mighty powers to shove topics together* HRRRNNNN!!

Another edit- I am retarded and can't make BOLD! XD

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

There's already a topic for this subject. It can be found here: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//ind...p?showtopic=371

Please post all other comments there. ^^

<b>EDIT</b> I merged the two topics together, if there's any confusion. *Uses mighty powers to shove topics together* HRRRNNNN!!

Hehe! Thanks.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Personally I kind of like the new title. ^^ Project bedtime story makes more sense now.

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I like the 'falling stars' idea. I actually prefer it. =)

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Falling stars is a bit of a sloppy translation, Engrish if you will. A better, closer one would be a night so full of stars that they could fall. So pretty much any old stary night. Stary NiGHTS would be a nice English name I think.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
NiGHTS: Story of the Super Special Mega Ultra Crazy Night of the Huge Ginormous Stars

How's that sound :D

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

NiGHTS: Story of the Super Special Mega Ultra Crazy Night of the Huge Ginormous Stars

You made me cry inside. No wait, I take that back. I WILL cry on the OUTSIDE if that or something similar ever becomes reality. XD

I personally hope they change it to Starry NiGHTS or maybe even use it another NiGHTS game.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
What if they simplifyed the translation to "NiGHTS:falling stars"
I have gotten used to JoD and "night of the falling stars" doesn't roll off the tongue.
Or, what if they fused the names and created "NiGHTS: Journey of falling stars"?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. that title does seem to hint at the storyline.. Journey of Dreams is all right by me though. Falling Stars would be a cool title too.

Heh, what if they made 'NiGHTS: Journey of Nightmares'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users