Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

MKTRanma's Content

There have been 32 items by MKTRanma (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36091 JoD was (is) amusing...

Posted by MKTRanma on 17 January 2008 - 07:25 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

This game amazed me for sure. I can't even find the words for it. XD I had so much fun playing it.

Sonic games have been a little meh...but at least the portable games and the new Riders game are really making up for it.

#35473 Which game did you like better NID or NJOD?

Posted by MKTRanma on 13 January 2008 - 08:51 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

You know, I hear the words "Classic NiGHTS Forumla" way too much. The only way you can have a classic formula is if it had several games with the same formula, and then mess with it. NiGHTS only has had one game and the formula hasn't changed one bit, they just added some levels, etc, etc. It's like saying Zelda 2: Link's Adventure is messing with the classic formula too much when it was only the second game.

The words "classic formula" are totally void when speaking about this game.

Lots of games with 2 in it are different...just be glad it's not Castlevania 2.

#35068 Share Your Collection

Posted by MKTRanma on 11 January 2008 - 07:17 AM in Community Corner

Gameboy:
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Silver
Megaman Battle Network 1
MMBN 2
MMBN 3 White
MMBN 4 Blue Moon
MMBN 5 Colonel/Protoman
MMBN 6 Gregar
Megaman and Bass
Megaman Zero 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Emerald

Gamecube:
Megaman Anniversary Collection
Megaman Network Transmission
Megaman X Collection
Super Smash Bros.
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Gems Collection
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Riders
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2

DS:
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright
AA: PW: Justice for All
Elite Beat Agents
Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team DS
Megaman Starforce
Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Pokemon Pearl Version
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure

PSP:
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Megaman: Maverick Hunter X
Megaman: Powered Up
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom
Rockman Dash: Hagane no Boukenshin
Rockman Dash 2
Sonic Rivals
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

Wii:
Wii Play
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Virtual Console:
NES Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (sick joke gift >_<)
NEO GEO King of Fighters '94
NES Kirby's Adventure
N64 Pokemon Snap
NES Super Mario Bros
SNES Super Metroid
N64 Yoshi's Story
NES The Legend of Zelda
SNES The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
N64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

#35064 COMMUNiTY Wii FRiEND CODES

Posted by MKTRanma on 11 January 2008 - 06:26 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Wii Code: 8432 7456 8124 7792
Friend Code: 5369-9369-1647

I'm going to start adding people now, I just wanted to get my code out their...it's late ~_~

#17508 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 19 September 2007 - 07:35 AM in Community Corner

Biggest fan, bah... I go around parading my fandom.... right up until I gave a girl that was a friend of mine my t-shirt... >_>; Shipped it to her in England actually.... damn I miss it...

In Megaman X:

Get all upgrades, heart tanks, sub tanks, and weapons, then you have to go into Armored Armadillo's stage, get to the end, use the velocity of the mine cart while in mid air, and dash jump right to reach a ledge right above Armadillo's boss point. There should be an energy capsule. Take it, fall into the pit, repeat. The Fifth time, there should be a capsule. Dr. Light comes out and gives you the fireball. It is not saveable/Passwordable.

In Maverick Hunter X

First you must reach the same criteria, all weapons, upgrades, heart tanks, sub tanks. Go to Armored Armadillo's stage. Go through the entire stage without getting hit once. The easiest way to do this is to charge up Chameleon Sting and let it rip every once and a while, shooting enemies as well, so you can keep weapon energy high. Get to the same place and and dash up onto the right ledge above Armadillo's boss point. Dr. Light gives a much different speech. This one is able to be saved.

You can now use Hadoken at will, provided you have full health. It's easy to remember: (quarter circle forward)+punch.

#17488 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 19 September 2007 - 02:56 AM in Community Corner

It's Megaman Legends or Rockman DASH. It's kinda like saying Megaman and Blues. or Forte and Treble. D: It's cringing.

They're making the Star Force games to have online play. The BN games have had a good run, and they needed to end them.

#17454 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 18 September 2007 - 10:40 PM in Community Corner

Yes and no. I don't have too many, but there are basically three kinds I have. I have some of the toys that were released when the cartoon was on the air, I have a few of those cheap ones released a couple years ago, and I have a couple of those snap together action figures from Japan. Sadly, most are in storage right now.

By the way, what are some of your favorite tunes from the series?

I can't choose... granted some are way more memorable than the others. But if I had to choose favorites... I like the tunes from the first 3 games, X1 and X4, the first Legends, Battle Network 2, and the first Zero game.

#17430 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 18 September 2007 - 06:20 PM in Community Corner

Well... in terms of numbers.... and not counting games that you have in a collection that you already have seperately... you also have 33 different Megaman games. I say we are evenly matched. ...BUT I CAN CATCH UP TO YOU!!!! >:DDDDD

If you did collect the BN games/Star Force that would have put you 9 games above me....! >:U That aside, I have 9 games you don't and you have nine I don't. o.O

You know, if I could find figures, I'd buy them... but I can't...

But egos aside, I wonder what kind of figures you have? Anything rare?

#17411 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 18 September 2007 - 03:45 PM in Community Corner

I was actually lucky enough to find a copy of that used the other day at one of the many local Gamestops we have here. Whenever I see a Megaman game, I buy it, regardless if I'm poor or not. lol.

Legends/DASH is personally my favorite series, though I'd never think less of any of the other games. You should check out ZX, Striker. If you liked the Zero series, this takes the cake.... in terms of gameplay. Story was pretty well fleshed out, too.

Actually the Legends and Battle Network series were produced by the same studio in Capcom (was it Studio 8? o.O) Either way, they have a distinctive art style unlike the other series. Oddly enough they've created their own time line in the games (Battle Network > Star Force) AND contributed to the Normal timeline. (Megaman > X >Zero> ZX>ZXA >>>>Legends)

#17399 Rockman Games

Posted by MKTRanma on 18 September 2007 - 02:09 PM in Community Corner

haha, I'm the biggest fan you'll ever find that DOESN'T have a PS2 or millions of tiny figures lining the wall. I own as many Megaman games for the systems I have that I can play them on. And if I can't get them, I try my best to import them. My library is fairly decent. I still need the rest of the Zero series, though. and Battle Chip Challenge. and Command Mission... which I did get to play. Also waiting on ZX advent.

Megaman Anniversary Collection (1-8 + Power Battles and Power Fighters)
Megaman X Collection (1-6 + Battle and Chase)
Megaman Zero 2 (;o;) (but I've played and beat 1, 2, and 4.)
Megaman ZX
Rockman DASH 1 & 2 (PSP CapKore version)
Megaman Powered Up
Megaman Maverick Hunter X

Megaman Battle Network 1-6 (One version of each, only... White, Blue, Colonel, Gregar)
Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team DS
Megaman Network Transmission
Megaman Star Force: Green Dragon

So... so far, I own 33 Megaman games, and I'm missing... 5. This doesn't include the ones I can't even play right now... Megaman X7 and X8.

So now my biggest secret, and part of my ego is out, anyone dare to challenge me? >:o

#16757 New trailer tonight

Posted by MKTRanma on 13 September 2007 - 10:35 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

For those of you who can't view it, I uploaded it to my Youtube account... If you wanna know how, Realplayer can rip you videos off of any embed. lol

shh.... don't tell anybody. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGfz92itMlE

I was completely stunned by this trailer. It made me feel fuzzy inside. Obviously anyone who can find something bad in this is way too old to be playing this game~!

#15867 Favorite Game Genre?

Posted by MKTRanma on 07 September 2007 - 04:38 PM in Community Corner

My favorite genre is Megaman Games. They completely have genre of their own, because he's blue!!!

But I guess action\adventure generally.

#15287 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 04 September 2007 - 11:02 PM in Community Corner

Spinningcannon, that's a newb team... make something less godly. D:

People tend to stay away from Legendaries since they have game breaking powahs!

I like my Mewtwo and Jirachi, but I like giving people a chance more... o. o

#14362 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 31 August 2007 - 06:41 AM in Community Corner

You know you can set a handicap on the levels, right? All pokemon can be level 100 or level 50 at your whim.

#13991 Beyond The Window

Posted by MKTRanma on 29 August 2007 - 04:21 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

It made me tear up! I loved it~ Very understandable too...

Words cannot express what I think of this... really XD

#13732 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 28 August 2007 - 02:10 AM in Community Corner

Getting shinies that way kinda ruins the fun of it. I have found 4 shinies: A Shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone of Leaf Green, which ran away, A Shiny Geodude in Pearl while looking for a Shiny Stone (The irony, it burns!), A Shiny Oddish in Emerald, and a Shiny Glameow. I'm just lucky, I wish I found more of them.

Also Yami, I guess it's just that Mew is super-uberness! It can learn any move and has mad statz. I have a favorite legendary as well... Jirachi. XD

Jax, I'll take you on, just PM me when you want to battle... We'll try to see if we can set up something. Tangocat, PM me when your router gets out of the mail? o.o;

#13369 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 07:49 PM in Community Corner

Sneasel with Ice Punch
Snorunt with Shadow Ball and Ice Beam
Vulpix with Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, and Extrasensory. (if you want one the price is heavy)

Tell me if you wanna swap pokemanz with egg moves. ^_^

Tangocat, I'd love any of those! Name your price.
I can also make a Budew/Roselia with Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Leaf Storm, and Growth.
Chikorita with Leaf Storm.
Nidoran M with Sucker Punch.

I guess I can make something else though, if you're interested, my Friend Code is in my signature.

And I have the same problem Roam, I've been playing Starforce lately as well. XD

#13362 The Science of Sleep

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 06:41 PM in Community Corner

They don't have rental retail video stores where you live? Well, I tried looking for that reference as well, but it's either beyond me, as I didn't spot it. Or it really isn't there at all. o.o

It still a movie worth watching.

#13268 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 08:33 AM in Community Corner

5 years!? o.o I don't think a game ever took me that long... were you paying VERY sporadically? What was you team, anyway? o.O

#13267 JOD release in October?

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 08:29 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Sonic Team will have a promo, they always do for main titles... at least, I don't think they strayed.

Shadow the Hedgehog I had a Shadow the Hedgehog beanie, which I still own...

Sonic 360 had a Sonic Wristband, which I bought for 5 dollars at hot topic at least a year before the promotion.

I'd think it'd be a crime to NOT give out a NiGHTS Promo.

#13264 Pokemon

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 08:17 AM in Community Corner

So, does any NiGHTS fan here have the new Pokemon games for the DS? I don't wanna be the only one. *sob*

If you do, post your friend code and let's have some discussion. Make friends and battle and trade!

To start, before I KO, I have already leveled up about 24 Pokemon to a decent fighting standard.

Some of them are:
Typhlosion, Venusaur, Scizor, Butterfree, Roserade, Torterra, Charizard, Infernape, Blaziken, Swampert, Empoleon, Flygon, Dragonite, Kabutops, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Espeon, Gallade, Shiftry, Crobat, Lucario, Poliwrath, and Gardevior. If anyone wants I can breed something from here, or something similar if possible

I'm also currently training up a Nidorino, Metang, Vespiquen, Octillery... just to name the ones on top of my head right now. Sorry, tired.

So is there anything anyone would like to discuss about the game?

#13258 Who is your favourite comicbook character

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 08:02 AM in Community Corner

Ah... my favorite comic book character. I actually have 2, no one mind me.

The first is Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. He is himself, he will do everything he can to protect the girl he loves, he's strong, he's strong-willed, he's smart, and he's basically considered one of the more popular manga characters out right now. Every girl wants a guy like him, and every guy wants to be him. Or... at least the readers. If you haven't read it, flip through the first and second volume and see how you end up liking it. It's a very good manga and it doesn't disappoint. While I don't want to be like Syaoran, a friend of mine likened me to him before I even heard of the manga. Oh, and if you're wondering, it's made by CLAMP, the guys who did Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, X, xxxHolic and a few more. Even better, I think if you search oyu can find like... the first 5 episodes on the internet? that's like 2 mangas in one.

Second is Haruhi from Bisco Hatori's Ouran High School Host Club. I just love her character, it's charming, strong, yet well reserved. She can take care of herself and she has no gender identity what-so-ever. It's quite easy to relate to her. She's just awesome in her own way. If you never read host club or, better yet, seen the anime... YOU MUST WATCH IT O____O

And those are my favs :lol:

#13255 The Science of Sleep

Posted by MKTRanma on 26 August 2007 - 07:46 AM in Community Corner

Okay, has anyone see this movie? It's a little perverted, rated R, but if you're old enough to watch it, it's a really unique story. While I won't spoil it for any it does cover the science of sleep, but it's a real movie, not a documentary.

I already forgot the characters, go me, but there's a guy from Mexico that moves in back with his mother after his father dies of Cancer. His mom also had employed him in a creative job and to stay a while. He doesn't want to stay and loses all hope until he meets someone. He also has way trippy dreams.

And I'll leave it at that to prevent spoiling potential viewers, and everything after this post might or might be spoilers, I'm not sure.

So has anyone seen this movie or is interested in seeing it. If anyone didn't get the point/subject/moral to the film, I can also tell you that!

#13144 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by MKTRanma on 25 August 2007 - 11:51 PM in Dream Discussion

I've never had a dream containing NiGHTS. But I had one were someone who called herself Reala was manifested. This Reala...was a girl and had green hair, a heart on one cheek, and a star on the other. She was a jester and wore red and black clothing. I've drawn her several times before, and dreamt of her now and then. Sometimes... she'd summon demons, dragons, dinosaurs, aliens, ghosts, etc. from the mountains in my dreamscapes. She liked to cause nightmares.

This was before I even remembered I heard about NiGHTS. But you can imagine my reaction when I saw NiD Reala a while ago (maybe 3 years). They looked similar, but the one I met had a more... human feel to her. I gave her a new name after this... but I don't think she's come back since.

I hope this is on topic? XD

#13142 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by MKTRanma on 25 August 2007 - 11:41 PM in Dream Discussion

I've made an almost entire Dream world... or maybe I'm able to manifest other people's dreams? It started out as a very small area, but it just grew. First it was my house, and then that house became a gigantic wooden tree stump. There's a red rug outside on the patio with a huge pail of water. The area is very green and plain like. There are windmills and balloons in this area, as well as large banners. I guess I could call it nothing else but my dream home. Other people live around this area, they are pretty competitive. Behind us is rolling hills and an unseen mountain range.

This place leads to a marshy place... it's like a mishmash of the place in Indiana I used to live at, and the forest that was nearby. It's like a cavern, but trees are growing. It's also like a sub-division in the real world, but also like a maze. It then leads to a much greyer, colder area. Everything is still green and it's like a mishmash of a place near-by. There is an abandoned school. Past the School, there is a long bridge, over cold water and a bus goes through it. There's an entire city about many miles down that's completely under water. You can get near it, because the bridge stops you and there's tunnels here and there. There's lots of high-tech stuff and skyscrapers, but it's either submerged, destroyed, or both. Finally there is blackness. You can walk into the blackness but you get nowhere, and there really is no one around

If one is to travel over the Ice Ocean by paper plane (yeah... Paper Plane) you can get to the edge of the place. Here, the buildings are somewhat destroyed, and there's a detective guy like Zenigata from Lupin the 3rd. There's also a museum with lush treasures.

Finally... there is a sandy place. Kind of like a kingdom, supposedly I was going to be the owner of this sandy kingdom, with supposedly many servants, all women wearing white hooded garments, at my disposal but I left it behind.

And lastly was the cathedral where my first nightmare was born. I haven't seen it since the first time, but I remember it like if it was just the other day.

All these places have cold water pools. These pools always wake me up, and I usually accidentally, and hysterically, fall into these cold pools of water and wake up.

Those are all the places I have traveled to in my dreams and they come up often, each one depending on a certain situation.