Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Science of Sleep

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
Okay, has anyone see this movie? It's a little perverted, rated R, but if you're old enough to watch it, it's a really unique story. While I won't spoil it for any it does cover the science of sleep, but it's a real movie, not a documentary.

I already forgot the characters, go me, but there's a guy from Mexico that moves in back with his mother after his father dies of Cancer. His mom also had employed him in a creative job and to stay a while. He doesn't want to stay and loses all hope until he meets someone. He also has way trippy dreams.

And I'll leave it at that to prevent spoiling potential viewers, and everything after this post might or might be spoilers, I'm not sure.

So has anyone seen this movie or is interested in seeing it. If anyone didn't get the point/subject/moral to the film, I can also tell you that!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Is the wikipedia rumor about NiGHTS having a reference in this movie true? I've been going to buy it for ages just to dis/prove this is true or not.

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
They don't have rental retail video stores where you live? Well, I tried looking for that reference as well, but it's either beyond me, as I didn't spot it. Or it really isn't there at all. o.o

It still a movie worth watching.

Lupilha

Lupilha

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I really liked that movie. It was so.. creative, how he couldn't tell his dreams from his reality and yet so sad at the end. I'm not one for sad endings but it's quite a good movie.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I loved this movie. I could empathize a lot with the protagonist in a way which is uncommon in film.

I don't remember any NiGHTS references though I may have just missed it.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
Loved it. I've seen it twice, didn't notice any NiGHTS references... I kinda felt like it ended in the wrong place/too soon.

And the characters are Stéphane and Stephanie. ^_^

There's a Livejournal community, but they aren't accepting new members... I think that's the only way to leave a comment? I was going to try asking them about the NiGHTS reference but I couldn't find a way to comment without being added as a member. :/

Also, you can watch the movie online here.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I hear the NiGHTS reference is like this infintesimal (horrible spelling) speck of purple floating and dancing around in the background in pretty much all the dream scenes. But you can somehow tell, like...with your SOUL that's it's a NiGHTS reference. -nodnod-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users