Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beyond The Window

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/indigo...d/thewindow.htm

I just this second finished uploading a brand new section in the Video media section.

You will love it.

Go see ;)

It took ages XD

Other suprise is in progress and will take a couple of weeks at the most :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Wow....that was amazing. I almost cried...but only a few tears came out. Which is strang because I cry about everything. Maybe its because I belive the boy lived at the ending. I don't know.

This truly is a wonderful animation and a really big surprize. I do hope she does a NiGHTS version because it seems she can really capture the spirit of NiGHTS just like she did in this animation. I really did feel like I was 7 years old again....

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Wow.

Really, wow.

I was expecting the surprises to be rather dull to be honest. This is by far the best thing to come out of the site and probably the game, if I do say so myself.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Its good to see all the hard work that went into such a captivating piece. SiLK had already pointed me in its direction, but you can appreciate it more after seeing how much work went into its construction.

Truly amazing.

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Wow, that was beautiful. I was almost speechless. Although it didn't make me tear up, I could feel that it could've happened, perhaps if the animation had been longer. I'd love to see a NiGHTS animation from her in the future. This was well worth the wait.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
The description itself made me tear up.

I must get to viewing this sometime soon. No. I will.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Wow such a beautiful piece. And really a lovely surprise ^^

It gives me goosebumps when I watch it. I love the part where the jester is floating outside the window. The animation is so beautiful ^^

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oooh.. I felt a familiar, nostalgic chill dance up my spine.. and that's just from the description!

You can bet I'll be crying when I've seen this.. after the plumber goes, so I don't embarrass myself too bad.. XD

EDIT: ..... words can't express how wonderful that animation is. Marissa, that was awesome!! I remember feeling that way once, it's amazing how much emotion I felt all in those few minutes. By the end, I was beaming. When you fly once, you never forget how... Gorgeous, beautiful, adjectives fail me!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Such grace, such elegance! I haven't seen such a wonderful animated short this magnificent since Cat Soup. But unlike Cat Soup, this short is a treat to watch for all ages. It really speaks to all of us when we watch the night sky and wonder what's beyond the ground we are ever so confined to, wishing we could just... fly away with an angel of hope, fly away to the highest of heavens where we can all truly be free! Ah... the dream will come true, just like it did for that little boy.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*clapclapclapclap*

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Jesus, since I saw all the comments about people tearing up, and me just not so easily emotional like that, I thought I could at least prepare myself for it. But I gave in, that was a masterpiece. I got the same feeling in that, that I got from Pans Labyrinth (I teared during that as well) Because what really gets me is when the character never gets what they want due to the confines of Reality, and I relate to that struggle so it makes me upset. But happy tears towards the end because it showed that he was happy.
I always dreamed of being able to make music videos using flash and such and this truly motivated me even further.

The only thing that is bothering me is that in the end it shows him falling, but him and the wheelchair is gone in the last scene. Is this symbolic to show that he actually jumped out the window.

There was a familiar project like this that also indeed made me cry (Ok, I guess I'm a sucker lol) And its about a Kiwi that had the dream to fly, so it spent all of its lifetime creating a simulation of it and well, came at a price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

Here it is if you're interested.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Jesus, since I saw all the comments about people tearing up, and me just not so easily emotional like that, I thought I could at least prepare myself for it. But I gave in, that was a masterpiece. I got the same feeling in that, that I got from Pans Labyrinth (I teared during that as well) Because what really gets me is when the character never gets what they want due to the confines of Reality, and I relate to that struggle so it makes me upset. But happy tears towards the end because it showed that he was happy.
I always dreamed of being able to make music videos using flash and such and this truly motivated me even further.

The only thing that is bothering me is that in the end it shows him falling, but him and the wheelchair is gone in the last scene. Is this symbolic to show that he actually jumped out the window.

There was a familiar project like this that also indeed made me cry (Ok, I guess I'm a sucker lol) And its about a Kiwi that had the dream to fly, so it spent all of its lifetime creating a simulation of it and well, came at a price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

Here it is if you're interested.

Ah yes, I saw that.. made by a fellow School of Visual Arts student..

sharky

sharky

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:SEGA Games/Consoles.
Very good. Very well made video and very touching. I like.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I cried.

This is the most beautiful and inspirational thing I have seen in a long time.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Very touching... it speaks to the soul.....

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Absolutely beautiful, there's nothing I can say that others haven't said already B) I mean, wow.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

but him and the wheelchair is gone

I thought that at first too, but in the high res version for download the picture is clearer and the wheelchair is lying on its side under the window without him. So yeah , he jumps, in the alternative ending the Jester turns into a reaper.

Glad you all love it so much B), I've been like obsessing over it for a couple of weeks now ;.;

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
Just came home from school (from math class no less @_@) and then I read about this animation.

Everyone pretty much said what I wanted to say LoL. I indeed felt chills and felt that tug on my heart, that was glorious.

Once I get on my computer (on my bro's now) I'm going to download it, it's great to see beautiful classic animation. I especially love that sheen effect the Jester had, it just added to its ambiance.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
*Is too busy staring at the screen*

Well, what can I say since everyone else already said what I would have said? While it didn't bring about tears, it was a real tug at the heartstrings.

The person who made it is deserving of an award.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
So utterly beautiful... i haven seen anything this wondrous in a long time... this deserves more...

it touches more than just your heart... this is the kind of animation that should be cherished... it has so much meaning... very powerful.

but honestly... i didn't cry... i don't know why... it moved me, and i really felt for him... but no tears...

im beginning to think ive run out of tears... i didn't even make a crying sound... i just sat there... dumbfounded by the sheer awesomeness, and the beauty of it all. i found it sad, and sweet. but still, nothing.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I didn't cry though......for some reason I don't cry easy.....BUT STILL!! I feel for the kid and hope the jester sees him again! ^^ Again, very beautiful and touching! ^^

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Just relised I havn't written a word about this yet. Stunning, absolutely stunning. The tale was heartwrenching, I like the open interpretation ending better too. It's something like that that really injects inspiration into a guy like myself, that's the kind of stuff I want to be able to do when I reach Uni. Hey, you never know, give it 2 or 3 years, assuming I get into Uni, and you might just see something NiGHTS related from me too.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
That looks wonderful to watch, but my computer won't let me open the file. ><

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
i just watched it again...

The style of animation is just so beautiful...

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
For a student effort, this is some great animation. Quality stuff right there. I can't really vouch for emotional potentcy though. Didn't move me at all.

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
It made me tear up! I loved it~ Very understandable too...

Words cannot express what I think of this... really XD

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
That is just so beautiful. I did tear up a little, as well. Just... amazing, amazing stuff.

And I loved all the storyboards and stuff as well, eally good to see... liked the other ending.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
*applause* Bravo! bravo! That was soooo marvelous. It felt so magical. I cant say anything more than what anyone else said already. *tear* :}

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.
The touched, warm and magical feeling you all get when watching Beyond the Window is the same for me when I read all of your comments. I'm really glad I contacted TRiPPY and DiGi to let it reach the NiGHTS fanbase. This is where it belongs, really. It feels so wonderful to hear how everyone appreciates the story and the characters. Thank you for sharing this with me ^_^ it motivates me beyond my dreams.

Argh... and now I'm all psyched up to do NiGHTS, and I really don't have time at my hands to animate at the moment :)><; conflict! I'll try and see if I can score schoolpoints for a possible animation.

~Marissa/Ealynn

@ayamemaiden: the file is .mov - usually quicktime should play it with no trouble, do you have that on your comp somewhere?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*HUGS YOUR FACE OFF*

Like i said though... get your schoolwork done first! *wags a finger*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Heeey, she signed up to our forum. Hiya, Marissa (Ealynn). Glad you could join us :lol:

I said it before and i'll say it again. This animation deserves to bring you much success. It really does show off your skills as an animator and i wish you the very best for the future :lol:

And if you ever do a NiGHTS animation at least you now know there is a whole fanbase here that will love it. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Oh awesome, you joined up! Well I'm glad you did, so you can see how much your creation touched us. I was talking about it with my fiancee and just telling her about it gave me goosebumps. I can't wait until she comes home so I can actually show it to her, because words can't really do it justice. So all I can tell you is that it was beautiful, I really enjoyed it, and yes, I admit, I did get misty-eyed. ^^; Beautiful work. And if you make more in the future, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, as well.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I can't stop watching this. I've only watched it twice but I'm heading for a third time. I haven't been this excited about a movie since 300 came out.

Your so cool :lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I wouldn't go that far, but it is one of the better movies I've seen in a long time....

Kbooki

Kbooki

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I probably picked the worst time to watch that... (or perhaps the best?)... but I completely bawled. I was NOT in the right mind frame. :\ Anyway It really touched me... the ending really left me speechless... and with runny maskara.

I know a few fans have talked about making NiGHTS inspired animations *guilty* so it was really rewarding to finally see one!

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
I had to watch it twice. I guess everyone can garner what they want from it... Personally I figured the boy had more wrong with him than just his legs, perhaps he had some kind of disease and this was his death. It gave me chills. What REALLY hit me, though, was the first version/alternate ending. That sent a stab of fear right through me, when the jester became a reaper, and it was just storyboards!!

I'm showing this to my husband in the morning, but I don't know what he'll think of it. X3

EDIT: Yeah, he didn't care. XD He's such a manly man I guess. He did say it was a ripoff of NiGHTS, which I hadn't mentioned where I got it from. I told him she admitted it was inspired by NiGHTS. ;P He's silly.

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
That animation had to be the most moving thing I've seen in a long, long while. I've watched it about a dozen times and it makes me shed a tear each time and smile at the end... All in all, a very lovely and moving animation inspired by NiGHTS.

I showed it to my boyfriend (who's all about fantasy things and a newly recruited NiGHTS fan) and he saved it to his computer on the spot and couldn't stop crying for about five minutes after the animation ended.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Ahh, NiGHTS. Even when we don't expect him to open up our eyes, he does.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I was finally able to watch this, and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.
However, everything that needed to be said has already been covered by the others here, so I'll just finish by saying that that part at the end almost made me cry. And that's saying a lot.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
That animation was so beautiful... I'm in silence right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users