Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rockman Games

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Come on, people... WHERE'S MAH ROCKMAN FANS?

Thread open to discussion on Rockman, Rockman X, Rockman Zero, Rockman ZX, Rockman ZX Advent, Rockman Legends, and even those Battle Network and Ryusei blokes!

And for those that don't know... Most American and UK fans know this better as Megaman.

We've got everything under the sun here but some robits!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I remember reading in a fairly recent interview with Keiji Inafune. Of particular note, he said he'd love to make a Megaman Legends 3 if the higher ups would green-light it. I can only hope.

NiGHTS may be my favorite game, but Megaman towers over all when it comes to my favorite franchises. Great gameplay and the most consistently awesome soundtrack are huge contributing factors. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the biggest Megafan on this forum. Blue Bomber forever, yeah baby!

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
haha, I'm the biggest fan you'll ever find that DOESN'T have a PS2 or millions of tiny figures lining the wall. I own as many Megaman games for the systems I have that I can play them on. And if I can't get them, I try my best to import them. My library is fairly decent. I still need the rest of the Zero series, though. and Battle Chip Challenge. and Command Mission... which I did get to play. Also waiting on ZX advent.

Megaman Anniversary Collection (1-8 + Power Battles and Power Fighters)
Megaman X Collection (1-6 + Battle and Chase)
Megaman Zero 2 (;o;) (but I've played and beat 1, 2, and 4.)
Megaman ZX
Rockman DASH 1 & 2 (PSP CapKore version)
Megaman Powered Up
Megaman Maverick Hunter X

Megaman Battle Network 1-6 (One version of each, only... White, Blue, Colonel, Gregar)
Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team DS
Megaman Network Transmission
Megaman Star Force: Green Dragon

So... so far, I own 33 Megaman games, and I'm missing... 5. This doesn't include the ones I can't even play right now... Megaman X7 and X8.

So now my biggest secret, and part of my ego is out, anyone dare to challenge me? >:o

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Admittedly I haven't played a full-on Megaman game in quite a long time, but I've always liked him. I got meself a Rockman 8 Iron Buster model..

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
While I am a casual fan of Megaman, I'm not too fond of the Legends series and Battle Network. I prefer the classic megaman, 1-4 of the X series, and definatly the Zero series as well. I also really enjoyed Megaman and Bass, but sadly, I cannot find it in any stores, and I used to have a copy of it until someone stole it.

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
I was actually lucky enough to find a copy of that used the other day at one of the many local Gamestops we have here. Whenever I see a Megaman game, I buy it, regardless if I'm poor or not. lol.

Legends/DASH is personally my favorite series, though I'd never think less of any of the other games. You should check out ZX, Striker. If you liked the Zero series, this takes the cake.... in terms of gameplay. Story was pretty well fleshed out, too.

Actually the Legends and Battle Network series were produced by the same studio in Capcom (was it Studio 8? o.O) Either way, they have a distinctive art style unlike the other series. Oddly enough they've created their own time line in the games (Battle Network > Star Force) AND contributed to the Normal timeline. (Megaman > X >Zero> ZX>ZXA >>>>Legends)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

So now my biggest secret, and part of my ego is out, anyone dare to challenge me? >:o

Oh it's on now. My collection:

Megaman 1-6 on NES
Megaman & Bass on GBA
Megaman Anniversary Collection on GCN
Megaman Powered Up on PSP
Megaman X1-X3 on SNES
Megaman X4-X6 on PSX
Megaman X7 & X8 on PS2
Megaman X: Command Mission on GCN
Megaman X Collection on GCN
Megaman Xtreme 1 & 2 on GBC
Megaman: Maverick Hunter X on PSP
Megaman Legends 1 & 2 on PSX
Misadventres of Tron Bonne on PSX
Megaman Zero 1-4 on GBA
Megaman ZX on DS

I don't have any Battle network games because I tried a few and hated them.

Also, i know all the robot masters by heart, memorized about 3/4 of the music and can say exactly which level each is from. Finally, for the coup de grace, I HAVE ACTION FIGURES! Bwa ha ha!

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well... in terms of numbers.... and not counting games that you have in a collection that you already have seperately... you also have 33 different Megaman games. I say we are evenly matched. ...BUT I CAN CATCH UP TO YOU!!!! >:DDDDD

If you did collect the BN games/Star Force that would have put you 9 games above me....! >:U That aside, I have 9 games you don't and you have nine I don't. o.O

You know, if I could find figures, I'd buy them... but I can't...

But egos aside, I wonder what kind of figures you have? Anything rare?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

But egos aside, I wonder what kind of figures you have? Anything rare?

Yes and no. I don't have too many, but there are basically three kinds I have. I have some of the toys that were released when the cartoon was on the air, I have a few of those cheap ones released a couple years ago, and I have a couple of those snap together action figures from Japan. Sadly, most are in storage right now.

By the way, what are some of your favorite tunes from the series?

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.

I was actually lucky enough to find a copy of that used the other day at one of the many local Gamestops we have here. Whenever I see a Megaman game, I buy it, regardless if I'm poor or not. lol.

Legends/DASH is personally my favorite series, though I'd never think less of any of the other games. You should check out ZX, Striker. If you liked the Zero series, this takes the cake.... in terms of gameplay. Story was pretty well fleshed out, too.

Actually the Legends and Battle Network series were produced by the same studio in Capcom (was it Studio 8? o.O) Either way, they have a distinctive art style unlike the other series. Oddly enough they've created their own time line in the games (Battle Network > Star Force) AND contributed to the Normal timeline. (Megaman > X >Zero> ZX>ZXA >>>>Legends)

I have tried ZX on my friends DS, and I liked it. Only thing that's stopping me from buying the game is I don't own my own DS yet. And ZX Advent looks awesome as well, as I've seen the japanese commercials for them. And of the Zero series, I loved 4 the most because it had so many cool additions to it, but alas, my ex-friend walked off with it.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I played Megaman 1-6 on NEs, but by far my favorite one, and one that I play to this very day, is Megaman 3.
It has by far the best intro theme and level select music of any of the original 6 and the best bosses. And levels...and...everything.
Megaman 3 is the quintessential Megaman game.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Ah, Rockman, Rockman, Rockman.. What CAN'T I say about how much I love the franchise? I bought Starforce, after loving all over the BN games, admitted, they take a little getting used to. I'm replaying through the NES games now, actually. Starting on MM2 soon.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I still say Megaman 3 has the best music in the entire series.

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Yes and no. I don't have too many, but there are basically three kinds I have. I have some of the toys that were released when the cartoon was on the air, I have a few of those cheap ones released a couple years ago, and I have a couple of those snap together action figures from Japan. Sadly, most are in storage right now.

By the way, what are some of your favorite tunes from the series?

I can't choose... granted some are way more memorable than the others. But if I had to choose favorites... I like the tunes from the first 3 games, X1 and X4, the first Legends, Battle Network 2, and the first Zero game.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Ah, yes. Good ol' Rockman. Thought: why not Rockman Legends 3?
Thought: why doesn't Rockman legends include Forte?
thought: why did they stop making Battle network games, if they could use the DS for actual online play?

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
It's Megaman Legends or Rockman DASH. It's kinda like saying Megaman and Blues. or Forte and Treble. D: It's cringing.

They're making the Star Force games to have online play. The BN games have had a good run, and they needed to end them.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
XD GAME COLLECTIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LEVEL OF FANDOM, BOYS.

I pwn you all. :3 For future reference.

And for the record ROCKMAN STUFF IS HARD AS FRAG TO FIND IN TOKYO. *has tried this already*

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Meh, I only have Maverick Hunter X, and thats cus' it came with the PSP I bought. Its decent though, and I fully completed the game on both the X and Vile sides, plus found the hidden Hadoken move for X. :lol:

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
MOTHER FRAGGER! >O

Am I the only person on the face of the planet that doesn't have that armor upgrade? D:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

MOTHER FRAGGER! >O

Am I the only person on the face of the planet that doesn't have that armor upgrade? D:

Do you know how to get it? If not, I can tell you. After all, I am the biggest fan here. :lol:

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Biggest fan, bah... I go around parading my fandom.... right up until I gave a girl that was a friend of mine my t-shirt... >_>; Shipped it to her in England actually.... damn I miss it...

In Megaman X:

Get all upgrades, heart tanks, sub tanks, and weapons, then you have to go into Armored Armadillo's stage, get to the end, use the velocity of the mine cart while in mid air, and dash jump right to reach a ledge right above Armadillo's boss point. There should be an energy capsule. Take it, fall into the pit, repeat. The Fifth time, there should be a capsule. Dr. Light comes out and gives you the fireball. It is not saveable/Passwordable.

In Maverick Hunter X

First you must reach the same criteria, all weapons, upgrades, heart tanks, sub tanks. Go to Armored Armadillo's stage. Go through the entire stage without getting hit once. The easiest way to do this is to charge up Chameleon Sting and let it rip every once and a while, shooting enemies as well, so you can keep weapon energy high. Get to the same place and and dash up onto the right ledge above Armadillo's boss point. Dr. Light gives a much different speech. This one is able to be saved.

You can now use Hadoken at will, provided you have full health. It's easy to remember: (quarter circle forward)+punch.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
This magician would have to be classified as a casual MegaMan fan. I don't have that many games but I can tell you that I enjoy the Battle Network, X, and classic games (since those are the only ones I've played). Unfortunately... despite the fact that I like them, I have only beaten one.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I do actually play Megaman X, X-2, and X-3 on my SNES emulator, but not as often as I'd like. Oh, and I also have Megaman 7.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I knew HOW to get it. Just never could, but then I never tried the powered Sting trick either. I read somewhere that you had to keep all of your energy filled.

I'll have to try that one on my lunch break.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
The rokkuman is awesome i still have a action figure of him from battle network that is dear to me and i cant wait for zx advent and hopefully he will be in brawl if they can include sonic

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Omigosh yes indeed! I am a fan of Megaman!! ^_^ I've played legends and battle but I didn't really care for them to much. I actually prefer the X series over the others, but I haven't played Maverick Hunter X yet! ^_^

*sobs* I don't have a PSP! >_<

But I'm actually hoping they put him in Brawl too! Because I mean come on, they got Sonic in there, why not put Megaman in as well!! ^_^

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Mega Man.
Of course I like Mega Man, he's my freaking avatar!
Mega Man 1, Guts Man's stage.
And anyone who's played it gets Rock's reaction.
I own Mega Man 1-8,
and Mega Man X1-X8.
I also have Mega Man Zero 1-4,
Mega Man Legends,
and I just got Mega Man Star Force Leo
(even though the one I wanted was Dragon...).
Mega Man is awesome!
dunno if I'd put him on par with our favorite elegant Dream Demon, but he's close.
AndIf they don't put him in Brawl, I shall be unhappy.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I own Megaman 1-8
X 1-8 Plus Command Mission
BOTh Ledgends Games
All the E.X.E (though I loath all the characters but Enzan and Blues)
Rockman No Ryousi (Star Force)
Am a rumor hound for number Two
Own Megaman Xtreme 1 and 2
Own both collections just for the extra games and speacial features
Own all 4 Zeros
Both ZX
An Exclusice GCN game Called Megaman N.T. warrior
Megaman Powered Up!
Megaman X: Maverick Hunter
It's highly doubtful that I'm missing anything that's come stateside..... TT
I'm a damn junkie! ;)

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
This topic is needing some revival, folks. Who's willing to speak their theories on the series gaps (ei. Classic to X, X to Zero, Zero to ZX, ect.)?

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
The popular Megaman to Megaman X theory is that Zero went on a rampage, and killed all the main characters. I don't buy it though, because that would mean Zero's rampage would have lasted for more than 30 years. The thirty years since Rockman & Forte, plus however long till him and Sigma fight. My theory? Dr. Light & Wily die of old age, and Megaman and Roll simply break down with no one to maintain them. or maybe Dr. Wily finally Succeeded, only to die of old age. The problem is that after X4, the team responsible for the X games started making the Zero games instead, and a new team started working on the X games, and the story was reconed somewhat in X5. X5 is also where the storyline becomes weirder than Sonic Next's.

But my favorite Megaman game has to be Megaman Legends.

To be honest, I utterly despise the direction that Megaman has gone since.

My evaluation of the Zero games: Massive fake difficulty. So, my primary weapon is a sword, yet touching enemies hurts me? Maybe it's becuase I'm playing them like Devil May Cry, or maybe Nintendo shouldn't have made another retarded controller related decision, and should've just given the GBA four face buttons. regardless, The Touch of Death is mechanic that I wish the industry as a whole would move away from.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I enjoy the Megaman/Rockman series for the sheer challenge it provides :) I may not be a dedicated fan. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying them :D I have megaman X, X7, and ZX advent (currently working on expert) I reeeeeeealy wanna play Zero but I don have it yet :lol: You need reflexes that make you look like your having a seizure to get through some moments unscathed to handle some bosses, lol. I used to have legends but it broke :(
IN THIS CORNER! MKTRanma!
IN THIS CORNER! Zero-Shift!
IN THAT OTHER CORNER OVER THERE! MidgitLD
andinmyhandisthiscopyoftheyettobereleasedgamemegamanlegends3fromthefuture! *runs for cover*

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I know how you feel, I haven't been able to find my copy of legends 2.

E: Legends 3 shall be mine *clenches knife in teeth*

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
If I remember correctly, X5 was intended to be the end of the X series according to the series creator, but Capcom continued it out into X6 and X7. In my opinion, these games have their nice points, but REALLY blow the series into complete "WTF" Kingdom. When the creator got back aboard for X8, we see things starting to actually try to tie together and start wrapping up the series instead of leaving more questions... Even if X8 brings in the new question of what is going to happen to Axl since he shouldn't be around to be in the Zero series.

HOWEVER, as stated already by Phosph, the Zero series did start after X4, so at the time, it was probably intended to take off from there. Cue one of the endings from X5 where Zero decides to put himself into stasis. But then we get the next big question come Zero2: The Elf Wars. There are plenty of drama CDs that cover some stuff, plus I believe one of the reworked soundtracks for the Zero series has some talking files... all completely in Japanese, which doesn't help us English speaking fans at all. XD; Then, this was pointed out to me by someone who's far more into details of the series than I am, the eye of Model W from ZX looks VERY VERY CLOSE like the eyes of Reaverbots from Legends. So, I believe that Capcom IS trying to tie these groups of series together (Classic - Legends, that is.).

Who else has any ideas? *WILLS TK AND TENTEN TO APPEAR AND EXPLAIN*

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm just going to sum up my feelings on the franchise in one picture.

Posted Image

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I'm just going to sum up my feelings on the franchise in one picture.

Posted Image

My sentiments precisely. I think the one in the middle is the best. The NES game character design was just a bit too...short, maybe? Also, you gotta love the red spheres. And the latest design...has too much yellow and not enough blue. I mean, he is supposed to be all blue.

I am not a huge fan, but I suppose I enjoy the games, though I do not really own a single one. Great series, except not lately.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Battle Network never should have existed. Every other series is great except that one, especially when it started pulling that Pokemon 2 version bull****.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
AMEN AMEN A-FRICKEN-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E.X.E. is just some stupid spoof!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I remember looking at the back of the case for the battle network games and thinking "What the freak is this!?" I never dared buy the thing it seems I made the right choice. :P

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Maybe I'm odd, but I think Zero has a much better design than Mega Man. Also, the Zero games were the only ones of the series that I liked, though the only others I've played were the MM Xtreme games on GBC, the one of N64, and a few of the ones of SNES(can't remember which ones). I'm not a big fan of the series, but I do love Zero's design.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I love the story and characters this series has, and I enjoy the games...It's just that my reflexes are terrible, so I stink at platformers, thus I haven't been able to get very far on any but the easiest ones (MMZX, MMZ4, and ones in Battle Network/Star Force). Mostly, I watch my brothers or friends beat them over & over again. What I don't appreciate about the series right now is that they keep ending old series and starting new ones with new characters in new stories with a random new gadget almost as fast as they push out new games. Mega Man [whatever his title is] blows up the bad guy...and 100 years later, this is happening. Honestly, so much potential in these series is just dumped because they want to see if this or that new character might make instant cash!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users