Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kijuna's Content

There have been 50 items by Kijuna (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40426 Bye for now guys

Posted by Kijuna on 06 February 2008 - 11:57 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I dunno how different things are in the UK, but there's a good site for this sort of thing. It's the first result if you google "guide to homelessness". It actually makes being homeless sound fun.

Best of luck to you two.

#36918 JoD was (is) amusing...

Posted by Kijuna on 21 January 2008 - 09:04 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

FYI SEGA - The games over when the kids wake up! Not when the timer runs out! If I'm out of time the kids fall to earth and the chase begins.

This happens? >_<

My favourite part of the entire game was Twin Seed...er I mean Bellbridge, By the time you've heard the kids bitch and moan about themselves but when they spiral out of the clouds and into the twinkling city and the music begins that was it for me! This was my NiGHTS believing in yourself and soaring through the night sky, the multi-coloured balloons the hovering buildings it had it all and even more! I loved the twinkling stars that created rings and opened up paths to aid you and just when I thought it couldn’t get better when the lights go out and Helen loses her courage and then it all comes flooding back and BAM IN THE NIIIGHTS DREAM DELIGHT I couldn’t help but smile this was where the magic was hiding!

God, yes. This was like, the one part of the game that actually felt like I was playing NiGHTS. Epecially when Will popped up WITHOUT EXPLAINING EVERYTHING.

if the game had been delayed and still in production it could of had the bugs ironed out and it would of been a game worthy of being in the Wii top 10 but I can see the problem was SEGA execs demanding something that needed to be treated like art and not rushed.

Honestly, I felt like the problem was more time management than not having time. They should have focused JUST on the bosses and normal levels, and not screwed them up by rushing you.

#36786 JoD was (is) amusing...

Posted by Kijuna on 21 January 2008 - 02:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Absolutely not. IMO, JoD is an abomination to the NiGHTS legacy. Don't read if you won't want the game's flaws pointed out.

-It completely ruined the NiGHTS character. He's not androgynous because he has no gender, he's androgynous because nobody KNOWS his gender. Because he's mysterious! If you shove his life story in the face of kids you've known for a few hours, it completely ruins that and just comes out terrible and forced! The whole story was like that really; the original NiGHTS left just enough to the imagination that everybody who played it had a unique experience. This shoved everything down our throats.
-The idea of the original NiGHTS was that the game was about flying in a dream. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams does not feel free. It is sluggish. The movement speed is far too slow and dashing (which is a great deal more limited) is almost as slow. The camera angle is almost as bad about backtracking as Sonic and the Secret Rings, and part of freedom is being able to go backwards. Furthermore, you often can't see where you're even going or what rings/blue chips/whatever you're looking for.
-It was also about losing that freedom if you screwed up. NiD was so fun you wanted to keep playing until the timer ran out, and the game encouraged that. JoD I often finished levels on my first try with several hundred seconds left, and didn't mourn the time lost because the gameplay engine was so horrible in the first place. I was never pressured or anything.
-NiGHTS, and ****ing SEGA IN GENERAL, was about doing one thing and doing it amazingly well. JoD threw in like five gameplay engines, taking the flaws from Sonic Adventure 2 and magnifying them tenfold, except that the Sonic levels of the game, the chase levels, weren't that great for reasons mentioned and they were like, 20% of the game. The mission structure is an abomination. Side missions like the SA2 level select would have been great, like I would have enjoyed some of the missions if they were optional.
-The game just didn't feel... lively, y'know? The levels were too open, too organic, and the music IMO was great, but not...lively. Like it was too slow and there were only like two instruments playing at any given time.

#32523 nights fangame

Posted by Kijuna on 28 December 2007 - 08:41 AM in Creative Stuff!

That looks AMAZING. Better than the official remake, even.

#13842 Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by Kijuna on 28 August 2007 - 01:16 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't think Sega does that...

Also now I have more money to buy GotY 2006s like Sonic Rush Adventure and Brawl.

#13808 Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by Kijuna on 28 August 2007 - 07:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

This is excellent news for the following reasons:

-They get more time! For all I care they can take another 11 years, as long as it lives up to the original.
-Qs 1,2, and 3 usually suck, which means I can give this AAA GotY the time it deserves.
-It shows that Sonic Team is over their deadly fear of finishing games before they send them out. PREDICTION: the next console Sonic will be AAA.

This is good news for Sega.

#11901 Lag? :(

Posted by Kijuna on 19 August 2007 - 06:49 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

A real Saturn.

#11888 Lag? :(

Posted by Kijuna on 19 August 2007 - 05:25 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

In Frozen Bell, right at the start there's this area with a lot of pians, but there are so many pians that whenever I get near it the framerate drops to like 10 fps.

What do I do? The obvious solution is to kill all the pians but... ;_; That's so mean.

#11227 A little WILD Horror Story

Posted by Kijuna on 14 August 2007 - 04:46 AM in Dream Discussion

Also, I'm thinking about updating my tutorial topic with something on WILD, who wants?

I'm in favor!

Actually I think you should just update it, I don't care on what... WILD's as good a subject as any though!

#9825 Possible music from JoD

Posted by Kijuna on 12 July 2007 - 04:58 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=12228
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S4GJC4GO

Taken from NGG on GameFAQs who took it from the GameFAQs NiGHTS board who took it from wiiz.fr

#9384 Anyone know how to contact Iizuka?

Posted by Kijuna on 10 July 2007 - 10:40 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I was part of that project... also feedback is feedback even if it is just me orgasming all over him. In the news page at one point it says, "I think I'll write to Iizuka" so either that's through the AAA insider or there's some way.

And Louis I didn't have two ideas. Surprisingly poor reading comprehension from you...

#9383 Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

Posted by Kijuna on 10 July 2007 - 10:34 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Don't believe that official JoD music thing on youtube for a second. It came from Blackarmsstudios, a guy from over at the Sonic Stadium community. He always claims to know stuff about upcoming games way before theyre release, and when the final product is out, and nothing he said holds ground, he claims it was taken out. He's just grabbed a nice Orchestral track from somewhere and slapped it onto some screenshots to play his game again.

That isn't entirely true, Blackarms has called some stuff that would be nearly impossible to guess about the games unless you played it. He does have his inaccuracies, but it's totally possible that Sega doesn't give him the final build so no concrete spoilers leak out. Also his dad takes the screenshots for strategy guides or something.

Now, he has taken his own assumptions as fact a few times, but I really doubt that's the case here.

About the pians... notice that the bird turned into a ball after NiGHTS killed it. I doubt that happens for no reason.

#9218 Anyone know how to contact Iizuka?

Posted by Kijuna on 09 July 2007 - 08:28 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Topic title speaks for itself. I wanna get to know him over a hot cup of coffee... kidding I just wanna tell him how much I love the first one and the new character designs and tell him not to add more of a story to this one and that I definitely want the A-life back.

Not to say I would mind getting to know him, I bet he's a cool guy.

#8552 Not really new but I don't know where else to post this...

Posted by Kijuna on 03 July 2007 - 07:48 AM in Introduce Yourself

What's the policy on M-rated dreams? Should I not put those in my blog or

#8493 Dream Trouble

Posted by Kijuna on 02 July 2007 - 07:14 AM in Dream Discussion

You still have to try but just be more direct about it.

#8492 Release parties? \(^-^)/

Posted by Kijuna on 02 July 2007 - 07:11 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd totally throw one but I'll be too busy playing it. ^_^

#8450 Dream Trouble

Posted by Kijuna on 01 July 2007 - 01:10 AM in Dream Discussion

If you keep cracking it up to be more than it is, yes. It's like learning to walk. An infant doesn't go on the internet to learn various walking methods, they just keep trying until they can do it.

#8411 Dream Trouble

Posted by Kijuna on 30 June 2007 - 07:21 AM in Dream Discussion

You're trying too hard. Keep your diary and just let it happen.

#8119 So how good are you guys?

Posted by Kijuna on 24 June 2007 - 09:33 PM in Dream Discussion

Maybe it's that attitude. "The best I can do"? Try harder!

Actually I dunno... I have noticed that small children have really crappy and short/repetitive dreams... Logically as your brain develops you should be able to have more complex dreams...

I maintain my previous response.

#8118 Dream food

Posted by Kijuna on 24 June 2007 - 09:31 PM in Dream Discussion

Naw, I was doing great (3-4 dreams a night) before I tried the supplements... then I just flopped. I'm recovering somewhat but not fully yet.

Drugs are bad. :D

#8091 Dream food

Posted by Kijuna on 24 June 2007 - 11:55 AM in Dream Discussion

I tried the B6 supplements, they smelled funny and didn't work.

#8075 Dream food

Posted by Kijuna on 23 June 2007 - 08:51 PM in Dream Discussion

I use vegan ice cream and bananas sometimes. Vegan banana splits are the best thing in the world.

Either way, whatever it is about dairy that makes you have better dreams it isn't the dairy.

#8074 So how good are you guys?

Posted by Kijuna on 23 June 2007 - 08:48 PM in Dream Discussion

But... Louis's pic is of an actual person! I assumed it was him. :P;

If you do decide to make a site on it, you have my full support.

#8007 So how good are you guys?

Posted by Kijuna on 22 June 2007 - 06:31 PM in Dream Discussion

Him?

...but, the pic!

Alex is way too cool to poke anyway.

EDIT: ...unprovoked. I could totally poke him if he provoked me, you don't even know.

#7875 So how good are you guys?

Posted by Kijuna on 20 June 2007 - 10:54 AM in Dream Discussion

Like I said, it's not a ranking so much as it is an observation. Most other sites are full of LD vets... it's sort of intimidating, actually. ^_^; I like it better here.