Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So how good are you guys?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I haven't done any hardcore luking, but from what I see most people here are complete noobs at lucid dreaming... I mean that in a nice way though.

I remember a lucid dream every three weeks or so... it's gotten way more common lately and I'm convinced I actually have them far more often than that. From my observations that'd make me the third best here behing TRiPPY and Louis.

That can't be right. Right?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Can't say I've actively attempted to be lucid.. although often times I realize a dream and try to control it. Whether I actually do or not, I'm not sure.. I wouldn't wanna have too much fun though.. sucks to wake up from a flying dream (which doesn't happen to me often) <_<

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I can't say approaching it like a contest is the best way to handle things.. Rankings like first and third are a little silly to put on lucid dreaming.

You're likely to not find a stable or good number by asking (especially putting it this way) because a lot of people lie and say they lucid dream, because so many others may have said they lucid dream. So while there may be lucid dreamers around who are the best, who are the worst, or who may be lying for attention, you may never really know. <_< So you can crown yourself the "almost best" if you want, but you won't really get anything from it. Best you can do is dig around the lucid topics and see just how "good" some of the people are.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
It's a very silly, silly thing to lie about how good you are at lucid dreaming if you're trying. It seems to hinder how well people do it. I guess if people say "I had a 100 year lucid dream about toes" you brain gets into the habit of thinking "Oh wow! I'm doing it! I'll keep it up!", so nothing improves.

That's just a theory anyhow, a very basic, poorly explained one, but if you do lie, it tends to be the case you get less.

Really I'm not sure of the proper explanation right now, that might be it what I've said, but the real one (if that isn't it) will probably come to me. My head is a big explosion of stress right now, not fun. (And not good for dream recall in general)

But with what you said, some people just get them naturally. A friend of mine does and find it's strange when she isn't lucid. It wasn't until we talked about it that she realized things were the other way round for most people. Though a vast minority are naturals (I hate them).

Tardious

Tardious

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Lucid dreaming, is hard to say with me simply because many times into lucid dreaming I don't realize it until I see some inconsistencies, and attempt to learn to control it.

For example, last night I had a dream my former school I was going to was having people killed in it, there was this person in it who was supposively a friend of mine in said dream, killing said people out of 'revenge' - and when she saw me she was going to kill me too in it.

So I ran away as she brain washed other 'misguided' children who were mocked by their peers to attack the entire school from the inside. When I ran past this area where many people I myself disliked were sitting, I warned them. They didn't take me seriously, and I kept running - until I realized when I was running to the basement, this was a mix of all my schools I've been to. Furthermore, none of the schools technically had a big basement and nor did it seem six stories underground. I started to realize it was a dream and it came down to it towards the end, I seemed to get a weapon from no where to bring her down.

Curiously enough, would this be considered lucid dreaming - since towards the end I realized it was even if I wasn't exactly sure if I was actually controlling it at this point? [all I knew is I needed something to fight with instead of run and boom, some gun appears for me to pick up]

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Curiously enough, would this be considered lucid dreaming - since towards the end I realized it was even if I wasn't exactly sure if I was actually controlling it at this point?

Lucid dreaming is simply realizing you're dreaming. Controlling the dream is a different matter...

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
You can control a dream without being lucid, as can you be lucid without controlling the dream. Combine the two together and oh yes.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Brick of text

Oh, no, it's not a contest. o_o It does sound that way... but it's not.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
>:/ Myessss...

Tardious

Tardious

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

You can control a dream without being lucid, as can you be lucid without controlling the dream. Combine the two together and oh yes.

In that case, yes a lot of my dreams are lucid - usually towards the middle but rarely from the start.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I think had a couple lucid moments in a dream three or four NiGHTS ago (Why?? Why must I spell it "NiGHTS"?!) but for the first one, I was liiiied to. :lol:

In the dream, there was something I saw that I disliked and I thought "Oh god, this is |INSERT THING HERE|, which I really hate in real life!" and it ends up that I really have never seen it before in real life, it was something that I had made up in the dream.

Before that, I was being yelled at because at some point, I was told to watch these two people, because if I turned my back on them, they would start to fight. My mom pulled up right around the corner and I glanced to wave at her. When I looked back, one had beat the other to death. It had literally been like two seconds. When the person who told me to watch them came back and was screaming at me for it, I justified myself by explaining to her that I hadn't left them alone, that it had simply occurred faster than normal, because it was a dream. :)

This really sounds more humourous than it really is, explained without detail. It was actually a nightmare.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Might I butt in, I personally think ranking people by their Lucidity is kinda silly, no offense. Some people actually do it naturally [Lucid Dream], while others have to put in so much effort it'd blow our brains out D>!

In honesty, however, one of me best friends, Metra on here, is an awesome Lucid Dreamer, but she often keeps quiet about her Lucidity. A lot of her dreams are Lucid, and she becomes Lucid easily and mastered taking control of dreams. Not just that, but she's met my maren as well as her own (Lucid, respectfully XD. Yes, Lucid is her maren's name.) a real lot. She's pretty awesome at LD-ing :(!

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Like I said, it's not a ranking so much as it is an observation. Most other sites are full of LD vets... it's sort of intimidating, actually. ^_^; I like it better here.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Louis always seems to crack down on LD stuff. You should poke him! :(

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
*whipcrack*

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Him?

...but, the pic!

Alex is way too cool to poke anyway.

EDIT: ...unprovoked. I could totally poke him if he provoked me, you don't even know.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Him?

Its a trap! ;)

By that logic, my avatar makes me a real live Nightmaren. LOL Anyway, there's some topics hereabouts to glance at. I wish I knew more about Lucid Dreaming, but I'm a dope. : P

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

By that logic, my avatar makes me a real live Nightmaren. LOL Anyway, there's some topics hereabouts to glance at. I wish I knew more about Lucid Dreaming, but I'm a dope. : P

Ditto XD.

I often associate people with their avatars. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Purg is his forum avatar. Same for 3/4ths of the fandom.

Anyway, I know quite some bit about Lucid Dreaming, but, it's all book-smarts. No experience-wise, save for several cases. And, having experience is a lot more important than just "knowing things". Well, in my opinion, anyhoo. Also, I know little compared to Louis and TRiPPY. They know a lot more than I do. I just know some basic methods (DILD, MILD, WILD, VILDs, etc etc.), things to do while lucid, how to track your lucidity, and some more things. I know a lot, but not enough ;).

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
You know, I've been thinking about making my own little website on the subject, I'm not too happy with the two existing sites. LD4ALL has horrible web design and a focus on spirituality, while Dreamviews has gone from a nice, sane little community, to a corporate owned pool is idiocy with all the main members of the old community banned.

But I don't know, running a website strikes me as expensive and dull.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
But... Louis's pic is of an actual person! I assumed it was him. :P;

If you do decide to make a site on it, you have my full support.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
The avatar is a Scottish folk singer. I tend to use pictures of her for avatars, no idea why.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Its funny..I used to be able to become lucid/do dream control pretty often when I was younger. Nowadays, the best I can do is subconsciously twist my dream around to my liking without being lucid, and only rarely. Why do you guys think 'the youngins' are usually better at this?

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Maybe it's that attitude. "The best I can do"? Try harder!

Actually I dunno... I have noticed that small children have really crappy and short/repetitive dreams... Logically as your brain develops you should be able to have more complex dreams...

I maintain my previous response.

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
XD lol I wish I was that good. Though I have my lucid dreams here and there. There's a long gap between each of them though. but sometimes I think that in my usual dreams I'm partially lucid. Usually I have just about all five senses in my dreams (well besides taste. I never eat in my dreams o.o but I can feel water in my mouth and around my body when I'm submerged in it in a dream. That's cool) I just don't realize that I'm dreaming. I've never manipulated my dreams before though, or ever took control even in my fully lucid ones XD I never really care to I guess. Though I hope I can have lucid dreams more often and have a complete sense of being in my dreams if that makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users