Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

nights fangame

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Programming for xna(windows/xbox 360) and artwork ripped from the original saturn game with some new highres art by kichigai.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
That looks awesome! : D

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Drool. This is amazing!

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
O_O when can I play it?

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Holy crap. That. Is. AWESOME!!! :)

Trumps the one I was working on and off for a while now...well done! When can we get a playable demo?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woah, just what are you guys up to?? That looks great..

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
^.^

the Shweet!!! I Approve!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I love you. @@ This looks great. Keep up the amazing work! If Sega won't give us a UK/US remake, then we'll just make it ourselves! Right? XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah! Suri, glad to see you're still hanging around here. I was wondering how far your remake project was getting. And i must say, it's looking damn bloody fantastic, man. Good to see some more of it. :D

How's the hacking going, by the way?

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
Id like to release a demo of soft museum soon but there is still a lot missing, like:
-no audio
-no paraloops
-no complete set of flying animations
-no jump animation for claris
-no dancing animation when nights is on the ideya palace
-no arm spin animation when an ideya is returned to the palace
-level is not completely setup (ring chip star placement/mirrors in museum/the course where you fly from behind nights and bounce off of all the walls
-no ideya capture
-no boss
-no nightmaren and alife
-no spindash
-no letter grading
-flying doesnt quite "feel right"
-allot of stuff I am forgetting

Id like to make a closed release for people on the forums to test before all of these things are finished but at the minium I need to finish:
-audio
-paraloops
-spindash
-Ideya capture
-ring chip star placement
-get flying to "feel right"

My hope is that this can be a really fun nights game by the fans for the fans, and when the demo is done everyone can pitch in by testing and giving feedback on how to make it better.

If anyone wants to pitch in before the demo is out and has an RCA input on their computer and can record some of the sound effects from the saturn nights soundtest menu that would be so helpfull :D
(just the basic stuff for the soft museum level, not every sound effect is needed(being there are a ton))

If anyone wants to help out setting up rings/chips/stars/placeable objects with the level editor it would also be a huge help :D

And hi Digi, on hacking I still dont have the files but am going to get them from drx.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

If anyone wants to pitch in before the demo is out and has an RCA input on their computer and can record some of the sound effects from the saturn nights soundtest menu that would be so helpfull :D
(just the basic stuff for the soft museum level, not every sound effect is needed(being there are a ton))

I actually was planning on ripping the sound effects soon for another project. However, given my Saturn and computer are 50 miles apart at the moment that may be a problem. I may download a NiD ISO and boot it up in an emulator and record sound to make things move quicker. I'll update in here later this week if I have the time to do it.

Monophobe

Monophobe

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
As I said the other day Suri, really wonderful work. I can only hope that Second Slumber reaches even close to that point. I will have a crack at those animations for you soon. Tonight thought I've been painting my skybox/background image.

To those asking for a demo, be patient. It's "playable" in a sense, but as Suri has said, there is still plenty to be done before it passes being essentially a tech demo (albeit a bloody brilliant one).

Keep up the good work.

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I added sound fx and some level beautification. (grass and flowers)

here is a new video i made
video

Madfish

Madfish

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:RPG's, Fanfiction, Sleeping, cartoons and comic

I added sound fx and some level beautification. (grass and flowers)

here is a new video i made
video

Impressive!

----------------

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The fact that you've been doing this all by yourself is genius, man. Hats off to you for working on this.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I thought this project had been derailed monthes ago! Amazing work, man, seriously!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have seen your impressive videos, read the other member's reviews, and seen your screenshots and I have but one thing to say:

How much free time do you HAVE?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I don't know what to say. I can't explain how freakin cool this is. Keep up the good work. We'd all love it.

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)
Dang, this is some pretty slick stuff. and this is done with XNA? (Another program i have to learn!) :)

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
AH careful with making stuff like this.
Don't get it too far out there you don't want Sega knowing about this just yet.
The last time I saw people do this for a video games they got some type of "Cease and Desist" order.
I want to be able to play this before Sega does something like that. T_T

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I ramped up the color and bloom, makes the level seem alot more dreamy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
You make my eyes cry with happy.

tim640

tim640

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic and friends, furry.<br />Uh, yeah, and petsXD<br />And 391325138 - this is my ICQ^^
W-wow!.. It's SO beautiful! I like it)

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Oh my gawd...

You are now on my favorite person list! The colors give the hazy effect of a dream, it's perfect! Keep it up!

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
That is dead-set BEAUTIFUL!!!! Soft Museum looks GORGEOUS!!!!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*drop-worships*

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
:)

*bows down before you*

So...beautiful...

BLUECHIP20

BLUECHIP20

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wow... I wish I knew how do that. But I don't have a 360 or XNA. But AWSOME!!! :( :)

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
You don't have to own a 360 to use XNA as PC games can be written with it. XNA is freely downloadable off the net as well.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
That looks AMAZING. Better than the official remake, even.

Central Dogma

Central Dogma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Oooh, that is interesting most interesting in deed. How did you rip the models off the CD? I ask this not researching at all :lol: . Did you have to convert the models to any formats like 3D studio, or whatever format Xna takes?

Blooming makes the image very pretty, do you plan to do this in the final build? Also I like the redone textures to the grounds and characters as I'm sure the original smoothed textured version would have been very blurry had it been smoothed. I would never be able to do fan projects like this one :lol: I would model my favorite characters in 3d though o_O (super high quality 3D model of klonoa.) XD

You have managed to also keep the clipping similar to the original the game I believe the game probably made good use of this. Had there been little clipping then things would have been too cluttered to enjoy o_O.

Anyway, congratulations on having the patience on working on something that many others would never do. (Considering 3D is a very difficult art to do and more so games.) Very interesting project :)

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Oooh, that is interesting most interesting in deed. How did you rip the models off the CD? I ask this not researching at all :D . Did you have to convert the models to any formats like 3D studio, or whatever format Xna takes?

Blooming makes the image very pretty, do you plan to do this in the final build? Also I like the redone textures to the grounds and characters as I'm sure the original smoothed textured version would have been very blurry had it been smoothed. I would never be able to do fan projects like this one :lol: I would model my favorite characters in 3d though o_O (super high quality 3D model of klonoa.) XD

You have managed to also keep the clipping similar to the original the game I believe the game probably made good use of this. Had there been little clipping then things would have been too cluttered to enjoy o_O.

Anyway, congratulations on having the patience on working on something that many others would never do. (Considering 3D is a very difficult art to do and more so games.) Very interesting project :)

Yeah I converted the models to 3d studio, then exported to my game format. And yeah if I made the clipping plane further, it looked like you were flying in a cave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users