Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Release Date Pushed Back

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ladies and Gents, some good news for you whether you like it or not.

Journey of Dreams has been pushed back to Q1 2008. News from this morning so it's BRAND new.

This news comes from the person who brought you all the news from Leipzig. Our resident NiGHTS spy, Niraven called the SEGA PR this morning and they confirmed it has been pushed back to Q1 2008.

Here's what Niraven told me in a recent message -

As for our source of the delay, it's as high up as it gets. You see, the German magazines said Christmas 2007 was the releasedate as did Daniel our demo-guy. When we got Nintendo's publishing dates, it was listed as November. We contacted SEGA this morning and spoke with SEGA's Product and PR Manager and he told us that it's been officially pushed to Q1 2008. That's literally "this morning's news", and it's coming from the most credible source it can come from.

So. Be happy. We wanted more time, we've got it. Better things comes to those who wait. Besides, this also means that it won't clash with Mario Galaxy anymore.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Hurray! I'm so glad it got pushed back! ^_^ Definately good news!
If that means the wait will give us a better game! (also I can wait and hope for a price drop on the wii after christmas...hehehehe)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'm crazy impatient, but you're right. More time means more work. So, here's to a great sequel! *Crosses fingers*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Q2 please.

It clashes with Brawl.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
That means 5 or 6(?) more months in development, not just almost 4. So, that's encouraging. I wish we had some specifics, but hey, good news anyway.

EDIT: When's Q1 start, sometime in December?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
As long as its no delayed 3 years like Twilight Princess was. And Q1 would be January-April 08.

Here's hoping the improve things and take nothing out.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Ha ha, splendid, splendid! Not only does this give Sonic Team more time to work on the game, now it won't clash with Q4 2007's other big name titles. I knew deep down SEGA would wise up. The game also comes out on an even numbered year... which is good for an even number nut such as myself.

♥ Glee! ♥

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

That means 5 or 6(?) more months in development, not just almost 4. So, that's encouraging. I wish we had some specifics, but hey, good news anyway.

EDIT: When's Q1 start, sometime in December?

Quarters are divided up much like seasons, only much easier. Each quarter is 3 months.

Q1: Jan-Mar
Q2: Apr-Jun
Q3: Jul-Sep
Q4: Oct-Dec

It's primarilly divided into quarters in the US for the sake of Christmas sales. Q3 and Q4 tend to be the hottest release times of the year. Example, the majority of Nintendo's new games for this year will be releasing in November. This is probably the busiest month because everyone's doing their Christmas shopping, so sales explode.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Although I'm itching to get my hands on this, it's definately a good thing. Lots more time for people like you DiGi to tease us with tibbits of info passed through the grapevine and such like, build up hype.

Plus, I can no spend my christmas money on the Wii and NiGHTS, instead of saving up my pay. Plenty more NiGHTS out for me then : D

EDiT : No joke ? When I type n i g h t s into this forum it capitalizes it automatically ? Nifty : P

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Only this emoticon can convey how I feel: Posted Image

Made it myself.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

EDiT : No joke ? When I type n i g h t s into this forum it capitalizes it automatically ? Nifty : P

Yeah I noticed that a long time ago when I was trying to spell it but not as the name. I kept wondering why it capitalized. XD

Anywho, I am both happy and unhappy. I really want it to come out but more time will make it better. Maybe now they will have time to put the Nightopian system in. Before they were saying they may not due to the time constraint, but now they should have the time. Also I am happy it won't clash with Mario Galaxy. That would put a huge dent in sales if it came out then. (Not that I ever plan to buy Mario Galaxy. I don't care for Mario much. Hell, I probably won't buy The new Super Smash Brothers until its $20. I'm cheap and poor. ^_^ )

Anyway, thanks for telling. I hope we get to see official pictures of Reala and some other bosses before then. I don't want to wait forever. (But I don't know. When they make games they are pretty hush hush about it aren't they?)

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Giving themselves more time to perfect the game, eh? That's a good sign. It's something for me to look forward to in the new year.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I remember telling you guys that they're taking all the time they need for this game.
I'd also like to say that this contradicts the Bossrush article.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh! doh.. there goes the excitement of it coming out right before my birthday :P But it's good to know they're taking the time they need.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Excellent news, Sega are on the road to redemption if they keep showing more concern in game quality like this.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Both good and bad news.

Bad news is that I don't get my mits on it this year.

Good news is that it won't suck.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Honestly? Im f*!*ing happy. Am I disappointed I wontp lay it by Christmas? a littl. but seriously, this means they are putting emphasis on this game and really making the effort to polish it up. so yeah Im f*!*ing thrilled.
I guess its bittersweet in a way but it will make that final experience so much better.

BUT I want to add that all throughout the wait Im expecting updates NOT silence. Or I will go mad.
Trippy, digi, work your magic and make sure Sega keeps us up to date on devleopment so we dont have to suffer through months of silence again. Just a little squee footage or music every now and then to keep hype moving (as if it needs it)

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
That doesn't necessary mean its good news...
Because its release date has been pushed back it still could be rushed just to get it released by its new release date.
They better take their time with this one, I don't want to see any obvious flaws with this game. (That includes glitches like most of the newer Sonic games have.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, they're 55% complete. Pushing the date back so it's another 6 months until release will probably give them that extra edge to finishing it fully. The game was in development from november, last year. It stopped and there was some form of 'rehaul' in February/March time and from then up until now it's at 55%.
I reckon they'll make it just right if they use this extra time wisely.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Only this emoticon can convey how I feel: Posted Image

Made it myself.

Haha, someone here is a Goon, I see. That made me laugh. Awesome indeed.

Back on topic, I'd rather it be delayed and polished than sooner and buggy or rushed. Though as Louis mentioned, I do worry about it clashing with Brawl, cause that is going to be the big hitter for Q1. That game is gonna be huge and will appeal to a LOT of people, and might really negatively impact on JoD sales.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Well, they're 55% complete. Pushing the date back so it's another 6 months until release will probably give them that extra edge to finishing it fully. The game was in development from november, last year. It stopped and there was some form of 'rehaul' in February/March time and from then up until now it's at 55%.
I reckon they'll make it just right if they use this extra time wisely.

Just that amount still makes me feel a bit nervous about it.
Lets see...
It took them almost a year to get to 55% done and they only have about 6 more months to finish the project.
(Sorry but I do have an anxiety disorder and thinking about this only makes the my general idea and concept of it all only the more worse.)

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I waited 3 years for Zelda... and it was worth it. I will gladly wait for NiGHTS... tho we've already waited 11 years I think we can wait a few more months.

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Dude, it's been pushed out of the busiest shopping months of the year.

If they didn't want to rush the game out when it has the best chance of making money, they will most certainly NOT rush this game out to meet some Q1 date. I'm sure at this point, any time in 2008 will be good for Sega.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Dude, it's been pushed out of the busiest shopping months of the year.

If they didn't want to rush the game out when it has the best chance of making money, they will most certainly NOT rush this game out to meet some Q1 date. I'm sure at this point, any time in 2008 will be good for Sega.

My point is that should have one more year to work on it so that it is put out on the busiest time of year, only next year.
The thing is the timing that everything is its going to be a flop or its going to get just as much reconization as last time because of it.
And yes It is being rushed because... just do the math...
It takes one year to get to 55% so what is half of 55%?
It means if they are going the same pace as before they would only get 82.5% done by the 6th month and still have about 17.5% more that needed to be done.
This is what makes me so nervous...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I really ain't too good with numbers so i'm just gonna say "hey, i'm happy they pushed the damn date back". All is good. :P

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
Quality comes first. Delaying it so they could spend more time to work on the game is definitely a good decision.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Aaaw. That means I won't be able to buy it for my birthday. D:
Eh, but that's okay. At least they'll be able to tweak more stuff.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

I really ain't too good with numbers so i'm just gonna say "hey, i'm happy they pushed the damn date back". All is good. :P

I'm happy that they pushed the date back too, I'm just wishing they didn't pushed it soo close.
No matter what if they continue with the same pace as before they wont get finished meaning either way they would have to rush. If they push the date back further there wouldn't be as much of a rush.
Basically I'm wishing they would get a little bit more time so that they can make it as perfect as they possibly can. :(

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Honestly, I'm happy with their decision to hold off on the release till next year.
They could add more to it.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

And yes It is being rushed because... just do the math...
It takes one year to get to 55% so what is half of 55%?
It means if they are going the same pace as before they would only get 82.5% done by the 6th month and still have about 17.5% more that needed to be done.
This is what makes me so nervous...

Don't be, because that's not how it works. 50% is basically the core gameplay and the general structure of the overall game. At that stage it's raw though with many inherent bugs. Development gets a little more speedy after that. This includes bug-testing, object placement, scrapping, a slight change of design and other means of polish. JoD is most likely in its late beta stages as I post this.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
They moved it back already. Let's see if it gets a third time. I hope the musician isn't screwing around.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Don't be, because that's not how it works. 50% is basically the core gameplay and the general structure of the overall game. At that stage it's raw though with many inherent bugs. Development gets a little more speedy after that. This includes bug-testing, object placement, scrapping, a slight change of design and other means of polish. JoD is most likely in its late beta stages as I post this.

Ok, I hope your correct about that then. T_T
(I always thought that it was 70% was with the core game play then the rest was textures, sound, and the other stuff.)

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
By the way, I don't truly believe the game is 55% complete. It looks far too solid for it to be that early. It looks more like 65% at the least.

sharky

sharky

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:SEGA Games/Consoles.
This is good news.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
maybe they learned a bit from how nintendo does things. Delay the game until its ready. Period.
Its definitely a hard wait but its usually worth it when a big nintendo game comes out and is polished so highly you see your reflection in it. Id LOVE a Sega game that polished. Especially a NiGHTS game.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
good news... but i personally hope it gets delayed again... probably a year from now... just to be safe...

i can wait... 'cause i have "SUPER PATIENCE"... really.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Well, it is kinda obvious that they wouldn't be able to make the October deadline, so... waiting.... ^_^

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
This is excellent news for the following reasons:

-They get more time! For all I care they can take another 11 years, as long as it lives up to the original.
-Qs 1,2, and 3 usually suck, which means I can give this AAA GotY the time it deserves.
-It shows that Sonic Team is over their deadly fear of finishing games before they send them out. PREDICTION: the next console Sonic will be AAA.

This is good news for Sega.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

This is excellent news for the following reasons:

-They get more time! For all I care they can take another 11 years, as long as it lives up to the original.
-Qs 1,2, and 3 usually suck, which means I can give this AAA GotY the time it deserves.
-It shows that Sonic Team is over their deadly fear of finishing games before they send them out. PREDICTION: the next console Sonic will be AAA.

This is good news for Sega.

Well, that does have some truth to it...

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
To dampen things for some people a bit more, remember the tendency to release things in europe and the UK months and month late? *shakes fist at Super Paper Mario, Contact, Elite Beat Agents et al*

Yeah. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened with JoD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users