Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

phosphorus's Content

There have been 81 items by phosphorus (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#76647 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 27 September 2009 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

Oh, this is delicious...

#76554 General Gaming Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 26 September 2009 - 04:38 AM in Community Corner

- Square Enix thought it would be a good idea to let the developers of the GI Joe movie tie in game make a Front Mission game.

#76341 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Posted by phosphorus on 24 September 2009 - 03:56 AM in Community Corner

Gameplay with Frank West:

Spoiler

#76332 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 24 September 2009 - 02:57 AM in Community Corner

I think it would be fun to see a revival of the debug mode cheats from the Genesis games. It was just so cool to beat a level as a ring. :lol:

YES! Debug mode would be excellent.

#76212 PSN Names

Posted by phosphorus on 23 September 2009 - 03:25 AM in Community Corner

Phos09

I play Blazblue and a bit of Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

Also, Fat Princess and MvC 2.

#76112 About Mephiles...

Posted by phosphorus on 22 September 2009 - 07:43 AM in Community Corner

So, Mephiles had the whole misdirection thing going pretty well for him, and he had the imposing nature well in hand, but as Zero Shift said, he had no apparent motivation for doing so. That seemed to be a prevalent problem among the characters in 06. There's also the problem of him being a recolor of a recolor of a recolor. I give him one huffing Mario out of 5.

Posted Image

I think he's best remembered as a resource for funny videos. That goes for the whole game, actually.

the overall best villain in sonic history, who could beat pefect chaos, final hazard, solaris, metal madness and al the other final bosses is....AOSTH robotnik! his pingas would just wipe out all of them. no question. except mephiles, because he's the subject of the topic. but yes. he will rule supreme.

Ah! He's have to give himself a promotion!

#76111 1up says Yakuza 3 is going worldwide

Posted by phosphorus on 22 September 2009 - 07:11 AM in Community Corner

So, let me get this straight... The game's Japanese title literately translates into "Like a Dragon" and they called it "Yakuza" in the west? It's like they had an aversion to good decisions.

#76110 Okami series thread

Posted by phosphorus on 22 September 2009 - 07:09 AM in Community Corner

I didn't really like Okami that much, and this looks like it's missing the things that I did like.

Also, lol at the celestial ball point pen. In spite of what you might expect, a stylus isn't a good approximation of a brush. The IR sensor on the Wii has been the closest thus far.

#76008 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 21 September 2009 - 04:31 AM in Community Corner

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT BLUE TUMOR?!?

...is that...Sonic? -shudder-

That's one of the title screns from "Mr. Needlemouse" a hack of Sonic 1. It's basically meant to include a lot of the stuff that ended up the cutting room floor very early in development. He comes from this illustration.

#75235 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 16 September 2009 - 07:10 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I don't think it would do justice to Jackal's character to drive a cart, though I would like to see his cards be used as the homing weapon on the NiD stage, assuming there is one. I seem to recall that there would be per-stage items.

#74678 Tekken 6

Posted by phosphorus on 11 September 2009 - 10:41 AM in Community Corner

I've always felt like Tekken has felt "off" somehow, it doesn't seem to move very well.

#74672 Dreamcast 9/9/99

Posted by phosphorus on 11 September 2009 - 07:21 AM in Community Corner

Mega64 did a funny thing

Screw Attack actually made a pretty good list. They did pick the wrong Adventure game, though.

#74669 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 11 September 2009 - 06:24 AM in Community Corner

Probably my favorite title screen joke would be this one:
Posted Image

#74558 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 10 September 2009 - 09:09 AM in Community Corner

"Needlemouse" is a commonly used name among fan works. It was probably just a coincidence.

I'm glad that that site is unrelated, those platforms look like they were made by someone fooling around with Zbrush for the first time.

I like the classic sound effects in the trailer, but they haven't shown much yet. It remains to be seen if they actually are doing what they say they're doing.

#74258 Vote for NiGHTS on Gamespot!

Posted by phosphorus on 06 September 2009 - 05:29 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

For me, it really depends on which Prince it was. The latest Prince of Persia game is a reboot of the franchise, and it's new prince is rather annoying. But as for the old prince, I can't just overlook the time he spent as an Image Comics character.

#74208 Vote for NiGHTS on Gamespot!

Posted by phosphorus on 05 September 2009 - 06:55 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

NiGHTS has already been eliminated.

Don't waste your time, Travis Touchdown lost to Alucard. Irrelevance confirmed.

Bonk lost to Mario. Eh, cavemen tend to make sh!t characters.

NiGHTS lost to the price. Emos confirmed. Also note they used the box art from the new PoP game but the big picture is of the Prince from "The two thrones". These are two different characters, Game Spot.

Grizzled white guy from Jedi Game beat Dig Dug.

Parappa lot to Lara Croft... Seriously? People actually give a sh!t about her?

Lester K. Chaykin lost to Cloud Strife. For those who don't know, Lester is the main character from "Out of this World". You might have heard of it in interviews with Hideo Kojima where he was describing it as an inspiration.

Little Mac beat Phoenix Wright, and is going to be up against Cloud next, where he'll probably loose. This detail really grinds my gears, because Little Mac is a very inspirational character, beating the odds to become the WVBA champion. Cloud is a guy who likes to lie about his backstory and won't stop whining.

Pikachu Beat Nathan Drake. I don't have much of a view here.

I'm getting tired of writing these, but I want to mention one more: Megaman is beating Mike Haggar. Megaman is just a godamn robot who copies people's powers. Mike Haggar is a former pro wrestler mayor who has taken the law into his own hands when his daughter was kidnapped.

This is just as faggy as all the other best character poles.

#73903 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 01 September 2009 - 09:53 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

So, it's unknown whether this is actually correct or not, but someone over at Sonic Retro figured this much out:

O _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
R A C E
K A R T
D R I V E R
C L A R I S
A N D
E L L I O T T
C O M I N G
I N
J A N U A R Y

? =P

#72229 Wii in HD Graphics

Posted by phosphorus on 12 July 2009 - 06:03 AM in Community Corner

Still has some graphical glitches, some textures aren't showing up, and it looks like a few effects aren't working either. Specifically, when the camera first zooms out to reveal that you're on a planetoid in space, that doesn't look right.

But still, this does not bode well for the Wii's technical prowess. You know how people were talking about how it was basically two Gamecubes taped together? I'm beginning to think that might be overstating it's power. On the other hand, I do appreciate the effort to lower the cost behind developing games, that's out of control.

#71346 DreamCast 09 now online!

Posted by phosphorus on 21 June 2009 - 12:27 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

(Because there's no thread for it yet) I've been learning how to make 3D models, I could make levels and design stuff.

#71327 Soul Calibur 4 NiGHTS and Reala (imgheavy)

Posted by phosphorus on 20 June 2009 - 08:03 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Looks like about as close as you can get with the character creator. Kind of reminds me more of a FOnewearl, though... who's default hat also seems to be a NiGHTS reference.

#70716 NiGHTS in modern gaming genres

Posted by phosphorus on 01 June 2009 - 01:45 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

If I were to try and fit NiGHTS into an existing genre, it would be a platformer, but that's like lumping Elite or Freespace into the same category as Colony Wars.

I've seen a lot of people describe Flower as some kind of reference by which you could make a more "modern" NiGHTS game, but I don't buy it. The sense of freedom isn't there and the experience isn't nearly as energetic (except for the last level).

I'm pretty sure we can agree that the side scrolling flying still holds up, but perhaps the problem with it is that score attacking isn't very popular nowadays. Ehh, I'll have to keep thinking about it.

#70620 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 29 May 2009 - 09:07 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Anybody who gets upset over Sonic characters in cars obviously has no idea what the word novelty means.

I don't get upset at Sonic in a car per say, but I'd prefer him to be on foot when possible, for the same reason you give: Novelty. Sonic racing Outrun 2 Guy is something I've wanted to see happen pretty much ever since I heard Risky Ride ~ Guitar Mix, but I imagined Sonic on foot.

I completely support Ryo in a forklift. Here are some others I'd like to see. It's all wishful thinking but hey, I can dream.

-Crazy Taxi's Axel makes too much sense not to appear.
-Considering how much inspiration HotD:Overkill took from Grindhouse, I'd love to see Young G in a car like the one from Deathproof.
-Virtual-On's Temjin on his Surfboard of doom
-Orta riding her dragon from Panzer Dragoon Orta

I'm very confident that Outrun 2 Guy is going to be in this game considering Sumo's track record. And I would also love to see VR Temjin ripping it up.

If the actual gameplay is anything like the trailer, we could be looking at some kind of Motorstorm/Mario Cart combination, but gien the way Tails flys into the race, it's hard to tell where the fluff ends and part meant to represent gameplay begins.

#70619 Do the controls still feel as bad as when you first played?

Posted by phosphorus on 29 May 2009 - 09:03 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I addition to the octagon of torment, NiGHTS has no momentum, so the controls are still screwed up.

#70613 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by phosphorus on 29 May 2009 - 03:53 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Considering that NiGHTS was in the first SSS game, he's pretty much a given here.

I'll wait for actual gameplay footage.

#69623 What did you feel?

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 08:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

What did I feel? You mean after I realized that that was NiGHTS's voice I was listening to? "The f*** is this sh!t!?"