Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

(hmm... I might start using "Big the Cat" as NiD.com exclusive slang...)

Sega's given us a lot of potential slang. For Example:

Big the Cat (noun): Something that is just over the top in terms of it's sheer stupidity. The Star Wars Christmas Special was ridiculous! It was a total Big the Cat!

Banjo-Kazooie (verb): When a video game "jumps the shark." Nintendo is pulling such a Banjo-Kazooie by making more Tingle games!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Heh, actually I'm a bit peeved because I think Big might be playable because Sumo has a soft spot for him, from what I've read. Seriously, if Big was a cameo no one would really mind. Now, if this is to reflect the possibility of Sumo not exactly having any particular feelings for NiGHTS I can't say, but it seems like maybe they could have had some influence on getting him on the roster after all.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Well we've been bugging them a lot these past few months, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did try to get NiGHTS in somehow so that we'd stop bugging them.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Know what I find interesting? Big the Cat and NiGHTS actually have a little in common as far as character design goes. Their heads are pretty similar. Big's head and long pointed ears remind me of NiGHTS's jester cap. Also they're both purple with stripes that are a darker purple. Just a small observation.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies

Know what I find interesting? Big the Cat and NiGHTS actually have a little in common as far as character design goes. Their heads are pretty similar. Big's head and long pointed ears remind me of NiGHTS's jester cap. Also they're both purple with stripes that are a darker purple. Just a small observation.

Actually, I kinda noticed that too. I guess SEGA just had a thing back in the day for long pointy things on heads that are purple.

A.N.S.B

A.N.S.B

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
-Lyeah, NiGHTS, by all rights, deserves to be an inclusion.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Sega needs to keep their eyes out for fans/charaters. After all, we are paying for the game and getting others to try it out or not.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I actually kinda liked Big. He's not retarded, He's just Slow... In the head.
He was a Nice little break from all the Running, Racing, Hunting, Shooting, and Escaping Sonic adventure had.

I also like big because In SA He's voiced by Jon St. John, the same guy who voiced Duke Nukem.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Actually, I kinda noticed that too. I guess SEGA just had a thing back in the day for long pointy things on heads that are purple.

Whoa whoa whoa...just kinda hit me about the "NiGHTS and Big the Cat look similar" thing...

It may have already been tackled, but if we're boiling down to semantics, have we considered the "alternate skins" argument? We all consider a cameo character, as in a non-playable character, to not count in our cause. This campaign has been based around NiGHTS being playable, right? Well, what if they have a skins option, and what if, on the very odd chance, they made a NiGHTS skin that slightly altered Big's model to have NiGHTS be playable? It's just running in my head that this might be possible, and I wanted to pose the question in case DiGi and TRiPPY hadn't considered it. I highly doubt that it's happening, but you never know, and I'm not sure whether or not something like that would be considered as including NiGHTS as playable.

Hmm.....

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Nope, NiGHTS won't be part of a skinswapping scheme either.

....is it 2010 yet? Oh, it is? Ok.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Big in NiGHTS' skin would look like inflato!NiGHTS from the first game >_> ... *brainbreak*

Now we're back from holiday we can get back on the DontForgetNiGHTS wagon.

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
sent e-mails to sega my all my friends to send the e-mails to sega and got every one that likes NiGHTS at my school and e-mailed to them to send the e-mails to sega which is 149 people in the school at that

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, drawing, singing, video games, the music, shonen manga
Above all I wish thanked everyone for the compliments you gave me for my drawing, I am very touched ^ ^
and I apologize for my long absence but I am on vacation with my family and it ended badly, December 31 I'm going to hospital emergency bill has a spine, but I am been back in almost full today as ^ ^

but now what What should be done if NiGHTS is in ASR? (4th time that I ask ...)

A.N.S.B

A.N.S.B

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
-NiGHTS is a SPOCIOUS character, indeed. What will his vehicle be?
And his Ultimate Technique?-

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, drawing, singing, video games, the music, shonen manga
hm, I do not know, he really is special, but in Sonic Riders they did find him a vehicle, I do not see why in ASR it does not find him in a vehicle ...

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .

hm, I do not know, he really is special, but in Sonic Riders they did find him a vehicle, I do not see why in ASR it does not find him in a vehicle ...

but that's because in Sonic Riders, everyone used (basicly) the same vehicle.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Didn't TRiPPY drew some NiGHTS inspired car some time ago? And NiGHTS-inspired motorbike?
Or, as someone's said, NiGHTS could always be a vehicle with dreamers driving it. The main problem is, would that be NiD or JoD pair? (I'd much better have NiD, since it's easier to imagine Elliot and Claris drive)

As for the Allstars move - why not Drill Dash? I believe it's boost can be compared to Super Sonic's...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm enjoying reading some HILARIOUS comments online about the reason NiGHTS isn't playable is BECAUSE of this campaign.... HAHA BITCH PLEASE. Sometimes i wish people had more common sense. One day you'll get it and you'll feel like a rude idiot. I know exactly why NiGHTS isn't playable in the game, but I'm not about to say why, and i wouldn't want to anyway because it's distracting from keeping the campaign a positive thing.

All i can promise you that is if you want to support NiGHTS don't doubt DiGi or I for a second. We're the good guys.

:B
Now excuse me, I need to go stand in a corner and feel bad about ruining NiGHTS!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, what? It's our fault? Says who? Who are they? Do they even know anything from the inside? Dickheads don't know half of it.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Eh it's the usual thing of people who aren't actualy active fans speculating rubbish they know nothing about like it's gods law. 5 second fans who are only fans when it's trendy.

Really can't stand wimps who sit in small circles not doing anything to actualy be a fan. With attitudes like THAT there would be no games to play in the first place. I'm quite happy supporting NiGHTS because I know I'm making an active difference instead of sitting on my arse complaining when things go wrong :P It's my job to make sure that as many new people see NiGHTS for many years to come. Not because I want more forum members, simply because NiGHTS is too awesome to hoard to yourself and could really help a lot of kids out. If this gets me enemies then hey, but at least I'm making sure NiGHTS is respected and represented as a gaming icon who deserves the limelight. If making sure SEGA know that NiGHTS is wanted is a bad thing then excuse me for giving a damn like you're supposed to as a 'fan'.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
*waves a flag*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Someone needs to find a way to hack NiGHTS' JoD model into the Bayonetta dance.... XD

Sorry i know that's more a random thought than anything constructive but still.

DON'T FORGET NiGHTS doo dee doo doo doo

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
In relation to this campaign, i'm going to address the whole campaign in full within the next few weeks as things start rounding up. The game is at the closing stages now, it's going to be out soon. I would like to take some time to speak about things so i'll let everybody know when that happens. Consider it a 'closing speech' of sorts.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Aye aye captain.

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
okay, and now?
Have to do anything to ensure that NiGHTS is in ASR?
because the game comes out in late February ... I want to do something even go down the street from my house and yell if he is XD
(sorry if this is not very understandable ... XD )

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Tenshi, if you have sent emails then that's fine. There's probably nothing else we can really do by this point anyway.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
In follow up to yesterdays rant about nimrods saying SEGA hate us and removed NiGHTS on purpose to spite us (wtf? come ON) SEGA must hate me a damn lot because they sent me a big package of free xbox 360 games today. And a rappy.

CAN'T YOU JUST FEEL THE HATE?

Seriously get a clue, the NiGHTS fanbase does NOT tango like that with SEGA. We're one of the best fanbases they have. Which is something considering NiGHTS has only had 2.5 games since 96.

SEGA please please please make NiGHTS DLC T^T tons of people want him!

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

In follow up to yesterdays rant about nimrods saying SEGA hate us and removed NiGHTS on purpose to spite us (wtf? come ON) SEGA must hate me a damn lot because they sent me a big package of free xbox 360 games today. And a rappy.

CAN'T YOU JUST FEEL THE HATE?

Seriously get a clue, the NiGHTS fanbase does NOT tango like that with SEGA. We're one of the best fanbases they have. Which is something considering NiGHTS has only had 2.5 games since 96.

SEGA please please please make NiGHTS DLC T^T tons of people want him!

WHAT?! He refused NiGHTS was because of us?!!! but it is disgusting and wrong! ><
and there's really nothing else to do envoy emails? ...
raah! Since yesterday I learned the date of ASR, I really wanted to do something! I am furious but could do nothing else to do! ><

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

WHAT?! He refused NiGHTS was because of us?!!! but it is disgusting and wrong! ><

No, idiots on the internet who dislike our fanbase were implying this. It's not fact. But i agree it's disgusting. I would never start something that i knew would harm NiGHTS.

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

No, idiots on the internet who dislike our fanbase were implying this. It's not fact. But i agree it's disgusting. I would never start something that i knew would harm NiGHTS.

O_O ...If they do not like our fan base where they will look elsewhere rather than make us sh!t!
frankly there are people who have nothing else to fu** that bother people trying to do something!
but is it remains likely that NiGHTS is in ASR?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
NiGHTS is not playable in ASR, unlockable, main roster or otherwise. Sorry :)

And that's all i can say on that :P

Now lets keep fighting for DLC! I'm not entire sure how.... but i guess it's a case of waiting and hoping and showing that we still want NiGHTS DLC. So i guess the best thing to do is to just keep talking about NiGHTS.

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
okay, thanks TRiPPY ^^

SEGA but how can knowledge that has been continued talk of NiGHTS?

I feel I am making new designs and perhaps even sing dream dream, since only its to do ><

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think with the amount of noise this community has been making about NiGHTS' absence, SEGA has got to speak at some point.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think someone should have spoken by now, personaly. Looks like they're running late *waves a flag* come on come one.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If SEGA come out and talk about NiGHTS I'll wash their windows for a year.

Actually... wait no... that would be awkward *lol*

C'mooon SEGA fess up! Where's NiGHTS and whhhyy?

Where's NiGHTS? Sounds like a book that needs to be published XD Find NiGHTS in over 67 games and scream as you realise he's not in the last page you just spent hours staring at.
(Anyone got the Where's Stig book like to put DiGi out of his misery on the Arctic spread?)

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I wonder if there would be no way contacted SEGA or group that ASR rather than sending emails.

good luck for cleaning windows TRIPPY if it is XD

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

*gulp*

I sure hope NiGHTS isn't delegated to that task... That'd be a huge insult to the fans.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
NiGHTS doing that in the game? That would be sad NinMicroSega.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Honestly, that's what I expected when I heard that NiGHTS won't be playable but might have a cameo...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Personally there's nothing Sumo can say that justifies this situation. Although Sega holds more blame, Sumo must still be partly responsible. They had a say too. I've read some civil and seemingly sensible comments posted by them, but when you think about the actual situation no matter what they want to say the fact is they're still in the wrong here, and I could write another two paragraphs explaining why, but I'm sure none of you need it explained it to you. I bet they've at least come to realize that the NiGHTS fanbase is most certainly one not to be messed with. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users