Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Sumo Digital are making it and i know they're fans of SEGA's catalogue so they treat the characters and IPs with care. But at the end of the day SEGA still have the last say on what goes and what doesn't ...and thats probably why a complete butthead decision has occured with NiGHTS not being in the roster.

Although Tennis is not everybodies cup of tea i do suggest trying out Superstars Tennis. I'm indifferent about Tennis as i am with most sports but that game has so much fan service dedicated to old SEGA stuff it's hard to dislike it. And now Sumo want to do that with ASR and i'm overjoyed because Sumo excel at making racing games so this ones gonna play lovely and do all the nostalgic good sh!t too. I just wish NiGHTS was part of the roster and hoping this campaign pays off.

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER skies of arcadia DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER shatterhand DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER blind guardian DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER
I miss playing video games.

Now all I play is

Posted Image

also Double Dragon II.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I must say that I really don't see how NiGHTS not being in the character roster makes a major negative impact on him... it's mearly one spin-off that's not even being made by SEGA... I somewhat doubt he will vanish because of one game... please further explain this to me as I've read all of your post DiGi but I stil don't see it... anyone willing to take the time to explain it please post or pm me if you'd rather not fill this board further or if it has already been mentioned... (for the later I appologize if it has, I no longer have the time to go through every single post like I used too...)
I will, however, contact them aout this once I figure out the e-mail I'm supposed to send it too...
I await your response.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I must say that I really don't see how NiGHTS not being in the character roster makes a major negative impact on him... it's mearly one spin-off that's not even being made by SEGA... I somewhat doubt he will vanish because of one game... please further explain this to me as I've read all of your post DiGi but I stil don't see it... anyone willing to take the time to explain it please post or pm me if you'd rather not fill this board further or if it has already been mentioned... (for the later I appologize if it has, I no longer have the time to go through every single post like I used too...)
I will, however, contact them aout this once I figure out the e-mail I'm supposed to send it too...
I await your response.

Consider the premise of what ASR is supposed to be. Consider all the Sega characters that we've already seen in the game. As a NiGHTS fan I'm insulted to say the least if Sega doesn't consider NiGHTS a valid member of this game's roster of playable characters. There's no logical reason for Sega not to include him other than that possibility that they've changed their minds after Superstars Tennis and have downgraded NiGHTS's priority as a Sega character.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Everything Viper said. Plus, the fact that it may not be 'made' by SEGA/Sonic Team but they have the last say on things in the game. And for NiGHTS to not be in there raises questions.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Maybe we could do something for NiGHTS durning the winter holidays?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I wouldn't think so... first off... atm, there's not very many characters (currently 14 confirmed from what I've seen) and 7 of them are Sonic Characters...
Second, This game isn't even being made by SEGA.
And third, I don't think Sega has had much of a spotlight for NiGHTS since he was in NiD... Sure he's had one game fairly recently, and a couple of appearances, but that's not exactly much different than how all of the other characters have been treated lately... Granted it's a step up from appearing in a pinball game... If there's anything evident from the roster, I think it's that Sonic and friends are Cash cows and that's going to be Sega's focus, not Shenmue, not NiGHTS, not Toejam and Earl, not Skies of Arcadia, and not Space Channel 5...
The fact that they scraped JoD's progress so it could be made on a cheaper console is evidence enough of this...
Seems like an issue to work on but I don't think Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing's the cause...
One last thing... Couldn't it be possible then that the company creating the game is the one who doesn't want NiGHTS?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Saifer, look. i'm not really going to bounce this back and forth with you. If you don't want to help then leave the topic alone. Seriously.

I know NiGHTS is not a playable character in a 'allstar sega' game. It may not insult you but it upsets many others so we're doing something about it in hopes of trying to make a difference.

Help support the campaign. If not then leave it alone.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Oi, I never said that!
Please don't take my questions the wrong way I would LOVE to see NiGHTS get a place in this game especially if you said it was good.
I would LOVE to give NiGHTS a higher place in the SEGA spotlight and in the end the worlds spotlight.
I'm truely sorry for wasteing your time with my questions, I know your a busy guy DiGi, but please don't get the wrong impression of me.
I salute you and TRiPPY for your efforts in all of this... especially this site.

I am going to help by sending an e-mail once I can.

I only want to discuss how this would effect NiGHTS in a major way, this is why I mentioned if anyone wants to discuss this with me to pm me. If not I guess I'll just be happy that I'm helping even if I am "out of the loop" so to speak...
I'm not mad, I'm not trying to trash this campaign, I'm trying to get a better view of it is all...
I'd like to straighten this out with you DiGi, but as I said I know your busy...
My curiosity is not for this board it seems... if someone would like to help me grasp this easier, please, please, please, pm me...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I only want to discuss how this would effect NiGHTS in a major way

Well like we said, look at rationally; what chances do we have for NiGHTS as a character if Sega doesn't consider him consequential enough to include him as a playable in this game? So many Sega IP's are being represented, without any clear advantages over NiGHTS as far as 'race-ability' goes mind you, and we can only conclude that Sega did not value his worth this time around. If they don't feel confident with him as a racer, that doesn't give much hope they'd soon invest in another game. Now this may be, and hopefully is just a pessimistic leap on our part, and again I can't imagine Sega has been completely oblivious of the NiGHTS fanbase's cries, but it does often seem like they..kind of.. are.

It's a strange situation.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Sorry for snapping Saifer. But at this point in time things are make or break. The talks for DLC are occuring now, SEGA need to see right now that NiGHTS is still wanted. I could try and talk with people a hundred times over to make them see what i see but there's no point now, there's not enough time.

Yeh, it's a nice little spin-off game. It's got a bunch of Sonic Team characters in. But how are you going to tell me SEGA had a good reason to discredit such a community like ours in favor of what? Characters like Big the Cat? I don't understand how it could even come to this but all i know is NiGHTS is not playable and that's something to worry about if you've sat in this fanbase for a long enough time.

Again, no disrespect but this is a matter of concern and i'm speaking out because i need the fans to help me on this one. I can't do it alone.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Thank you both for your reply,
And thank you DiGi for what you said as well... we all snap... remember when I did?
Your latest inputs put things in an easier perspective for me to grasp... Sometimes the smaller targets are the more important one's...
Then again perhaps SEGA's trying to include characters we haven't heard from in forever, not including the Sonic Characters... but characters like Billy Hatcher and Banjo are against that possibility...
Nope, I cannot think of a single reason why Big the Cat would appear rather than NiGHTS, or anyone else for that matter...
The only other possibility (other than yours and the few I've mentioned) I can think of is that perhaps the company in production itself is the one rejecting NiGHTS... Would it help if we sent e-mails to them too? or is that not an option?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
We've already done emails to Sumo Digital (in fact we managed to crash their servers with the influx of emails), and... well, although I don't have this information personally, the general gist of what I've heard is that a) they can't talk about the roster any more than has already been officially revealed, and b ) that they don't exactly have the final say over who gets in and who doesn't - Sega has that honor.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Oh so true. Sega says all.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

(in fact we managed to crash their servers with the influx of emails)

Ahahaha! Bravo!
That is a feat worthy of praise and a part of why I love this community!
So, according to Wiki they are still adding characters to the Roster, but is that info outdated? Must we really resort to DLC?
Then again if NiGHTS is DLC, they are going to make a mint out of it...
-EDiT- I found this information on the forum Sonic Blast saying that NiGHTS was quote "Accidentally" confirmed. Here's the page http://sonicblast.org/topic/7111350/9/
(It's the post near the bottom with Mr. Fox as the Avatar)
And here's part of what he/she said...

-Accidentally confirmed NiGHTS, and apparently they went to the biggest NiGHTS fansite and asked what they wanted from the game, and tried to please them, they like to put in characters to please all the fans, but they can't put in everyone.

I wonder what Fansite he's talking about? ;)
Anyhoo... I don't trust the reliability of forums but perhaps someone here can look into this?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
The accidental confirmation is most likely in reference to when our lovely forum admins and the people over at Sumo Digital were joking back and forth with each other. I don't know what exactly was said, but for whatever reason people keep interpreting it as a name-drop. XP

Also, just because they came here asking for NiGHTS quotes (I actually remember that topic...) doesn't mean he's in this game - that just means that either he was considered or they're asking for some other reason (and I'm hoping that other reason is something to do with gaming rather than just some... something else? XD )

EDIT: Also, I hope I did not infer my participation in the Great Sumo Digital Server Crash - my visits to the forums kinda dropped and I popped my head back in either towards the tail end of it or after it was over. ^^;; (I did participate in the Sega of America Bouncearama, though (and the only reason I said that was because it sounds funny to me).)

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
NiGHTS the Announcer!
NiGHTS the Pit Crew Manager!
NiGHTS Attourney at Law when Sonic Files a lawsuit for his damaged vehicle!
Well, seeing how tiny the Roster is atm... there's definatly room... I think we have a good chance at this.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
NiGHTS quotes? Oh no, that was ArchangelUK making wall of fame pages for the last Sonic Convention. NiGHTS got on there and the quote he used was "Du-a-lize-UH!". It was just for the NiGHTS character profile, it had nothing to do with ASR.

As for ASR itself, we did bombared Sumo Digital with emails which is when S0L turned up here and requested we stop. We then met him at the Sonic convention and he made jokes with us about bombing their inbox. That's why he kept mentioning NiGHTS at the convention, not because he was name dropping NiGHTS. He was just having a joke with us.

Since then it's come to fact that it's down to SEGA who says who is in ASR so emailing Sumo would not have changed anything even if they wanted to do it. So now we're directing emails and support for NiGHTS at SEGA themselves rather than Sumo. SEGA are the ones who took NiGHTS out so now we need to convince them to put NiGHTS back in.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
SmashQueen's video gave me an idea. We all know how to write real letters, don't we? Why not send a paper letter to SEGA asking for the DLC? What I've seen from companies before is that if they see that you actually cared enough to take the time to write and send an actual letter, they will actually be somewhat more inclined to listen to what you have to say. I've written to SEGA before and they DO respond. Any thoughts on this? I think we should do it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

SmashQueen's video gave me an idea. We all know how to write real letters, don't we? Why not send a paper letter to SEGA asking for the DLC? What I've seen from companies before is that if they see that you actually cared enough to take the time to write and send an actual letter, they will actually be somewhat more inclined to listen to what you have to say. I've written to SEGA before and they DO respond. Any thoughts on this? I think we should do it.

Definitely couldn't hurt. Where should be send our snail mails to..

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Yeah, I second Viper's question; not all of us know SEGA of Europe's mail address. XD I wonder if they still get massive amounts of fanart... o.o

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Here are all 3 of their addresses. <_<

SEGA of America, Inc.
350 Rhode Island Street
Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
USA

SEGA Europe Ltd.
27 Great West Road
Brentford
Middlesex
TW8 9BW
United Kingdom

SEGA Corporate
1-2-12 Haneda
Ohta-ku
Tokyo 144-8531
Japan

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Nice work.. ooh, we should use purple envelopes. Or at least draw NiGHTS somewhere, we can be extra creative with regular mail.

Oh man, NiGHTS stamps don't exist. Poo. Hm.. come to think of it I wonder if there have been any gaming stamps.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Nice work.. ooh, we should use purple envelopes. Or at least draw NiGHTS somewhere, we can be extra creative with regular mail.

Oh man, NiGHTS stamps don't exist. Poo. Hm.. come to think of it I wonder if there have been any gaming stamps.

lol That might not be a good idea. If they already know beforehand its us, they might not open it! XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ah, but on the other hand, they'll know what it is without even reading it.. they can't miss it! <_<

We have to shove NiGHTS in their faces.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Excellent work Musashi! <_< Unfortunately I'm broke and all of my envelopes are gone. :/ Drats... If I get the stamp and envelope, I'll send off a personalized letter to SEGA of America.

San Francisco, eh? Too bad. Same state, different city. If I actually lived over there and had the costume for it, I would cosplay as NiGHTS and sit outside the building for an hour waving at everyone. ... Or I'd go across the street and do that. :P Imagine you work at SEGA and when you look outside a window facing the street, you see an insane purple jester disco dancing. XD Well, either an insane purple jester, a mime, or a fortuneteller. The next thing you know, a few co-workers are humming and someone sings a bit, going "Heeeey Dreamer. Huh? Oh that NiGHTS cosplayer gave me a CD of some fanmusic."

If only I could. lol

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oooooh! Snail mail! :3 Mind you, being the Christmas season it'll take a while to get there... but better late than never! If I get the time, I'll doodle the margins with ideya and Pians and such and stuff! XD

Anyway - COMIC.

Took me a day longer than planned, but it's now up on my DA page! I hope you like it! :3 It's meant to be relatively light-hearted, and I have two confirmed Sonic-nuts who say it's funny. Maybe Sonic people will get in on this now! XD

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'm gonna start writing my letter within the next few days. I'll probably get that out along with all my Christmas cards and packages and whatnot. You guys should seriously consider doing this. Sega would most likely take us a bit more seriously.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

Took me a day longer than planned, but it's now up on my DA page! I hope you like it! :3 It's meant to be relatively light-hearted, and I have two confirmed Sonic-nuts who say it's funny. Maybe Sonic people will get in on this now! XD

lol that comic is brilliant! :D well done!

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Awesome job on the comic Kori! =D

*Faves*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
That comic utterly wins! I may be slightly drunk but that was downright hilarious.

AND YEAH get sending letters! I said in the first ASR podcast i want you guys to be as active as possible online and offline. We sent out a bunch of paper mail yesterday morning. With a twist. Hhahaha *secretive lawls*

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

That comic utterly wins! I may be slightly drunk but that was downright hilarious.

AND YEAH get sending letters! I said in the first ASR podcast i want you guys to be as active as possible online and offline. We sent out a bunch of paper mail yesterday morning. With a twist. Hhahaha *secretive lawls*

LOL drunkie. And nice job with the comic, Kori! And good work with getting those addresses, Musashi (though I'm fairly certain it'll all be standard mass-mail replying to us :D )

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Kori, that comic is fantastic! XD I love the interaction between the two characters, it works really well. All the more reason NiGHTS should be in!

As for letters, i will say if you are going to do it via post then please be respectful with your letters. This is an extention of the campaign and if you're part of it i don't want to see anybody sending 'hate mail' or something, understand? We've been told we're a nice community so i want us to remain that way. Send your own personal letters but don't get all ranty in it.

As for addresses, those are the only ones i know of too so go with them.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Mama TRiPPY, you're setting a bad example for the kiddies!

Anyway, great comic Kori! And sending snail mail is a great thought! Especially with that personalization idea-- NiGHTS artists get cracking on drawing onto those envelopes! I'd send some mail myself, but I be a minor and I don't think Mum will get me stamps so I can mail stuff to SEGA ^.^;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Also, forgot to mention but i've still not seen Smash's video yet. Me and TRiP ain't been home for the last 24 hours as we wound up at ArchangelUK (Kevin Eva) house last night and stayed there. I'll check on the video when i get home XD;

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Awsome and well made comic! *applause*
And I'm not drunk!
E-mail finaly sent now I just need to wait for Sega to not read my e-mail! Wahoo!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
In terms of Sega of America, is that office not closed down? *goes to see about calculating postage to Europe*

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I want to echo all the praise of Kori's comic!

Also the talk of sending letters makes me want to send a legit telegram. I have no idea how that actually works but it would be pretty funny.

Kyle

Kyle

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Horror films, modern literature, music, minimalism, photography, traveling, languages, thunderstorms.
There's one thing I'm concerned about...

How are you guys sure that they might change their mind and add NiGHTS to the main game by the time it is released?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

There's one thing I'm concerned about...

How are you guys sure that they might change their mind and add NiGHTS to the main game by the time it is released?

Because it's too late. The game is being finalized NOW. The main roster is set and the only other way NiGHTS can get in now is DLC, of which there are talks going on now for it, or if ASR gets delayed to add him in. Sega wouldn't postpone the release date for a single character and prove DiGi wrong. It'd be a waste. If you look at Sega's track record, when they have a date for release set...well, it's doubtful they'll change it. (Sonic '06 and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams are two examples. Both suffered from at least time constraints.)

NiGHTS' All-Star move, the vehicle, the animations, and more would take too long to complete right now.

We have to ask for DLC now while there's still a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users