Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Well, I decided to go and do something very foolish....if this doesn't convince the rest of you stragglers to come in, I dunno what will. I definitely have enough to make due with for the vocals, but seriously, are you telling me you don't want to be a part of THIS group?!?:
BAM!

Yeah, I can live with this, and the rest will be icing on the cake, so get me some icing if you're able to, please!

Oh, and that's one of your early presents, enjoy!

Edit: There are some small timing issues with how the voices have been layered, and they will be addressed in full after all vocals are turned in. This is more of a display of how they sound layered.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Just re-listened to my first recording I submitted... I sound like a forced, unconfident, monotonous cat dying (figures; I had an actual lump in my throat and compared to how I sound now...my vocals sound better than previous). D: How the heck did the chorus sound so good? XD Still trying to see if I can pick out how many voices there are.

Wishing I had sung better... I sound boyish at times (haven't found it...still trying). >>;

You! Yes, you who haven't recorded yet! Get those voice boxes loosened up and sing! (*sob* I'm a dead cat...) -cue strange chuckling from front of monitor-

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies

Well, I decided to go and do something very foolish....if this doesn't convince the rest of you stragglers to come in, I dunno what will. I definitely have enough to make due with for the vocals, but seriously, are you telling me you don't want to be a part of THIS group?!?:
BAM!

Yeah, I can live with this, and the rest will be icing on the cake, so get me some icing if you're able to, please!

Oh, and that's one of your early presents, enjoy!

Edit: There are some small timing issues with how the voices have been layered, and they will be addressed in full after all vocals are turned in. This is more of a display of how they sound layered.

HOLY CRAPNESS!!!!!!!

That was f'ing EPIC!! I could really hear my singing. lol I think its a wonderful blend and the balance is great. I can't wait to hear everyone else mixed in!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
Holy crap. XD! That sounds awesome even if the timing's not perfect. The balance is nice and you can hear individual voices just as easily as you can hear the whole and ee. Based on pitch/tone, that is. XD Can't wait to hear this when it's timed and the volume's evened out.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hahahah dude, thanks for the echo ;D Sounds epic so far!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
You guys all did great, especially considering the less-than-optimal situation for recordings. I could have guessed that small stuff like this would pop up, like the cutoffs and start-points varying greatly. Just crossing my fingers for the final to get it all addressed, and that, if anyone has time to get a second set in, that they follow the "long" version ("In the niiiiiiight" as opposed to just "in the night"). Follow TRiPPY's lead, her voice will guide you in the right direction. If you've already gotten a set of vox in, don't feel pressure to re-record as I'll time-pitch stretch to try and get things into sync, but as always, all your stuff is appreciated.

YAY! Oh, and that was the 16 sets of vox in there.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i've got a day off work so here's my submission --> Here

I do hope it's good enough for the final version :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Well, i've got a day off work so here's my submission --> Here

I do hope it's good enough for the final version :)

And my morning is ruined. Thanks, DiGi. That's it, pack up the project, we're done. No more Lucid Dreaming, y'all can blame DiGi.

LOL That actually made my morning, DiGi. I feel bad for your neighbors now.

Project not actually canceled. Is joke. Funny yes?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i know. Sorry. I'll get back to work now XD

Will's father will not feature in the final version of The World Is Dreaming. Sadly.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*lmao* it was so funny when he recorded that, i was trying to brush my teeth in the bathroom.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok, i've sent in my REAL vocals for The World is Dreaming. XD;

Just done some recording on another song on the album that i'm working on...i feel very tired. Spent 2 straight hours just recording and deleting, starting over, recording again. I think i must have rapped the same song a good 100 times. And the kick? only two takes were worth anything because the other 98 odd times were screw ups or not conveying emotion correctly. Whether it gets used or not is another question entirely but i really gave it my best.

My throat really hurts. XD;

Going to have a break now.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
._. Run children! The Mercedes Benz is a trap!
That's it. Someone get those pics of Will's dad, put them with this song, and upload it to youtube. Hmm....That's actually an interesting concept for a competition. XP

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
That would be awesome if someone could actually animate Will's dad singing that. XD

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
OMFG!!! XD DiGi that was epic! XD i almost popped my lung again!!! XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
OMG THATWASTHEMOSTAWESOMESAUCETHINGEVERANDI-

*cough*

sorry.

That was incredible! I LOVED IT! You somehow managed to make my day two days in a row, 99 :)
YAAAYYYYYY~
*atomic thumbs up*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Oh man. It would be awesome if we could do a music video for this!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Oh man DiGi, are you trying to suffocate me? I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. Also, this gives me a really good/bad idea.

*Opens Audacity and warms up vocal cords*

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
That sounds so neat, and there are some parts where it really blends well. ^-^ One voice stands above the others, I guess maybe that's TRiPPY? I can't even tell if I'm in there, or figure if you got mine in time to do anything with. :o

I hope I get some time to re-record... So much to do for Halloween. XP

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Holy crap DiGi, how did I miss that for 2 days?? XD Dear oh dear, now that we pretty much have our official voice of Will's Father, I can only imagine what kind of memes will be created in conjunction with pedoWill's Dad D8

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
OMG! Level 99 that was great! Now I'm super psyched to hear the final song! That was freaking EPiC! :DDDD

DiGi thanks to you, I can't stop laughing and now I'm going to suffocate and die. Thanks a lot.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol Will's Father remix still makes me crack up. XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Last day to get the vocal stuff submitted is tomorrow, as far as I remember! :P

Final stretch, GOGOGO!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol I'm so glad I took care of that at the start. XD

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Quality's terrible and I have no idea how to work with iMovie, but oh well. I hope you guys like it anyway. :P
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0YJPLQ7

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
LOOOOOOOOOOL! XD well THAT cheered us up thismorning!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
XD hahaha! Made my morning, good job!!

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
... This is so epic. I lament that I don't have anything but basic vocal recorder from Windows and I don't have the lyrics down pat like everyone else.

Oh well! There might be something else in the far flung future. XD I'm sure this'll sound cosmically epic when it's finished.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol Brilliant video! XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
REMEMBER EVERYONE! GET YOUR FILES IN TODAY.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Glad you guys liked it! ^^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
So how many vocals have been handed in now?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I'll let you all know in the morning what the grand-total was. No doubt I might still get a submission or two in the morning.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Yes, I double-posted! *dodges the books on net-iquite the web-masses throw in retaliation* NINJA-SKILLZ!

So, today's the day. The deadline was yesterday to get your vocals in. You've "finished the exam, pencils down, head on desk, no talking to each other until the teachers have collected all your scantrons," yes? (note to self: play less Katamari, and you'll probably sound less like the King of the Cosmos...)

Drum-roll, please, and hand me the envelope containing the total number of vocal submissions...

HORRAY! The following people have sent in their tracks (in no particular order):

charlie
Kaizykat
Musashi_HUmar
CrashMan
SmashQueen
Kori
Ten
Narco
WiNGS
TRiPPY
Zero-Shift
Blue Fantasy
iheartnights
andersam
TehLazyOne
SweepBlackDust
DiGi Valentine
Neo_skywalker
Diogothedreamer
person-who-has-not-given-me-forum-name-yet
huruyami

For a total of 21 NiD.com forum-ites lending their voices to the group know as "The Dreamers". Add in myself, and whomever else amongst the remixers will be able to get some vocals in, and you're looking at around 30 people possibly! Considering people might not have had the best recording equipment, some not having ANY equipment, I'd say that number is well beyond a "not bad" labeling. I'm floored with how many people did parts so far, and I gotta thank TRiPPY and DiGi for taking the helm for assisting organizing this, as well as those awesome Sega-bloggers for getting people more aware of the project....

Oh, and those people who painstakingly recorded their vocals and sent it in. Can't forget you ^_^ couldn't forget you if i wanted to, and I wouldn't want to! Thank you all so very much. Also, I swear, almost every single email must have had some form of "here it is, it's not very good". YOU ALL DID JUST FINE! Hehe what's that phrase again? Something along the lines of "if only the birds with the most beautiful voices sang, the world would be a very quiet place". While there are one or two sets that are causing a little bit of trouble due to small timing or recording issues, I'm sure I can figure something out. You submitted something, therefore you get credit. On a serious note: there were no vocal submissions that made me cringe or made my head explode or anything. No one sang "badly", trust me.

So, once again, thank you all so very very much for your help on this song. The project is starting to really buckle down now with the first internal WIP deadline a little over a month away, so the songs are being worked on for-the-most part. And the art....oh, the ART! Even in these early stages, the art is looking fantastic.

I'll stop yammering now :D

Edit: also, if you subbed something and your name isn't posted here, send me a PM on here and we'll see what happened to your tracks. Hopefully it didn't get "spam" labeled or lost on the way!

Also, will update as people tell me they finished and just delayed in sending it, lol.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*boogies* ^_^ Can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
"Excited" is now an understatement. 8D

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Ecstatic would even be an understatement. XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
... ^_^

PLOT TWIST!!!!!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Pffffffffffffff--

EET EES A TWEEST!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
How long do you estimate its gonna be for the final version of this song to be finished for us to hear?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Plot....Twist? Color me confused!

How long do you estimate its gonna be for the final version of this song to be finished for us to hear?

Probably a good while. I've got a lot of detail-work to do on each vocal track to really figure out how to make them come out and shine, plus getting the other remixers to get their parts in as well. And the song itself needs to be finished and polished. Also, when you do hear the final result of The Dreamers chorus, it will more-than-likely be another snippet just like the little preview I gave after many of the vocals were roughly put in there. The entire full song will probably come out whenever the project does. But don't worry, there will still be things shown here and there to show progress on the project as a whole. I'm also sure there will be other things, not project-related, to keep you satisfied until the full project is done and released.

I really hope that this also encouraged some of you to start thinking about making some music yourselves, even if it isn't vocal-oriented. :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users