Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Sorry I haven't been hanging around here in a while. ^^;
I have a question.
I apologize if someone has already clarified this. This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but does the recording has to include the instrumental you sent us? Or is it just a Capella? And just to clarify, it's only the chorus you need us to sing? Thanks in advance and I apologize for asking questions that have already been most likely answered. >~<

Also, I have no idea how to create zip files. -_- Could anyone tell me how? XD I use a MacBook.
Thanks a bunch!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Sorry I haven't been hanging around here in a while. ^^;
I have a question.
I apologize if someone has already clarified this. This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but does the recording has to include the instrumental you sent us? Or is it just a Capella? And just to clarify, it's only the chorus you need us to sing? Thanks in advance and I apologize for asking questions that have already been most likely answered. >~<

Also, I have no idea how to create zip files. -_- Could anyone tell me how? XD I use a MacBook.
Thanks a bunch!

Heh no worries, I'll give you the low-down one more time :P

Keep the vocal tracks separate from the instrumental. The version i created is just to give you the key, the tempo, and the style. All you need to send me are the vocal tracks and the clap track all "solo". So, yes, it would be A Capella, as you say. Only need to sing the chorus twice, which is what's in the included song. As for how to create a zip file on a mac, this should help. Good luck and can't wait to hear what you got!

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks so much Level 99! :D That was a big help.

Did I mention how excited I am for this project?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
lol I think we're all pretty excited. This will be one amazing album once its done.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Heh it's you all that are keeping me motivated to keep pushing stuff through! We now have nine WIPs out of 22-ish songs, not including bonuses. Thus far, I've received six sets of vocals and five sets of claps, I believe. I'm really happy people are contributing! Ah, the magic of post-processing, how I love it.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
That's awesome. ^^ This remix is going to be so cool after it's finished.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol I showed my chorus recording to one of my friends, and apparently her baby really likes it! She likes it too. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'll send out another massmail next week to remind people of the hand in date. A lot of us are lazy buggers.
Will try get mines finished today since i have a free house until 6 :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Great! So babies like dreams dreams, apparently. Thanks in advance, TRiPPY, for both the vocals and the *ehem* reminder. Got another set in last night, too! Sooner or later, I guess I should get around to recording my own voice... O_O

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'm sure your vocals will be just fine, Level 99. lol How many people by now have sent vocals and stuff in?

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
Erf. I have vocals recorded (they sound weird without music, fair warning--damn sinuses) and just about ready to send. Working on that whole clapping thing.

Edit: And sent. If needed, I can go up an octave; dunno how many lower/higher voices you have at this point, and balance is a good thing. XD

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Expect mine coming soon. You wouldn't mind if I just sent one file of me singing would you instead of two? Things have been kinda hectic around my house and I don't think I'll be able to record two. Can you just use the one twice? Thanks in advance. :3

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
1) Sorry I've been slacking on the email replies, I'm still trying to organize my inbox (it's been getting a LOT more stuff lately, and most of it I need to sort or spam-tag). I'm getting on it, lol.
2) So far, I've received eight sets of vocals, and two have been untested. We've still got a bit over a week before the deadline, so I'm crossing my fingers that everyone's just been getting their practice on.
3) Ten, I'll let you know if you should do any other octaves after I take a listen. At this point, just sit back and relax.
4) Narco, one set is fine if that's all you can manage. Something is always better than nothing in this case. It's better than me just recording myself, like, 75 times (that would also annoy the neighbors/housemates, lol).

On the advice of a friend, I may be looking to give some special previews on certain "stuff". If this were to happen, I'd need to figure out a proper approach. The reason for doing this would be to get feedback on some or all WIPs, that way this project doesn't falter in the delivery to the fans. However, it wouldn't be whole songs, it will probably be a temporary link to a streaming file that will be taken down after a certain period of time, and I'd hate to spoil some of the great surprises so it will probably only reflect a specific portion of the song. Whatever critiques would be given will be taken directly into the private forums and to remixers for their consideration. This is, in no way, implying the remixers would change their work according to every suggestion, but it's a good way to get more feedback and keep interest and motivation up when the project begins to lull a bit. Just a heads-up that you all might be getting some "early holiday gifts". I have to sit and plan this out.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well I hope we can get more vocal sets in. I hate it when people act like they're all excited and say they'll help, but then they don't because they're lazy.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Musashi, sometimes people who plan to do something don't have the opportunity to get it done in time and to a standard they set for themselves, though. But here's to hoping for more vocals, too; epicness awaits.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks Level 99! I'll send in my files now. :P

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
excitement.
I did a recording in my friend's car... because it was quiet. But lo, I have the house to myself today for a few hours, so I'm all up on that recording thing... XD

...btw how do you make a zipfile? I have a mac.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

excitement.
I did a recording in my friend's car... because it was quiet. But lo, I have the house to myself today for a few hours, so I'm all up on that recording thing... XD

...btw how do you make a zipfile? I have a mac.

Don't worry, I asked the same question. ;)
This page helps a lot.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Took some time to listen to the WIP tracks today, ('cause I've been rather busy) and there absoloutly beautiful. I'm probably gonna practice/record within the week ;)

Rachael

Rachael

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Cant wait to hear it finished. Sadly I cannot sing.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I ended up showing one of the WIPs off at the meetup this weekend, and the response was very positive (the song was NiGHTS and Reala - The Nemesis Schema, which I've currently been rocking out to in my car every day since it's been started).

Some more vocal submissions have come in, and I'm glad people are still practicing and getting their stuff ready! It's turning out extremely well, and I'm really glad everyone's enjoying the rough version. More to come as it develops!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Sounds like things are going well. ^^ Hopefully everyone gets their vocals in by the deadline. (It also seems The Nemesis Schema is a hit. Congrats.)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Definately getting mine to you today, also sent out a deadline reminder massmail a few seconds ago.

GET ON IT PEOPLEZ.

I want to hear you all singin like you MEAN it :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'll go on record saying that the reason I'm not taking part is because I have no microphone. But this is a really cool project.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ok I'm done. My throat is KILLING ME and my feets are afreezin, but have fun patching my lines together in time with anything :)

Man it's not until you really try you realise how hard this song can be to sing. Especialy with no forgiving echo feature on this damn recording software. Steveo do your best.
Appologies for sounding like a wheezy cat.
*sends*

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

I'll go on record saying that the reason I'm not taking part is because I have no microphone. But this is a really cool project.

Thanks for the support, regardless! I wouldn't dare ask anyone to make a mic purchase just for this, but the encouragement is welcome in lieu of vocal submission. You are exempt, Nemoide, lol.

Ok I'm done. My throat is KILLING ME and my feets are afreezin, but have fun patching my lines together in time with anything :)

Man it's not until you really try you realise how hard this song can be to sing. Especialy with no forgiving echo feature on this damn recording software. Steveo do your best.
Appologies for sounding like a wheezy cat.
*sends*

That actually brings up a very good point. Even if you were able to add echo, I'd ask you not to. The closer to raw vocals without processing, the better. If there's already an echo on the track when I get it, and I have a different echo in mind, well, that just puts me min a pickle because it's very hard/impossible to remove that kind of processing. All the vox will have stuff done to them to give the right feel...wait, wheezy cat? *deviously plans to bump TRiPPY's vocals to max without any processing* MUAHAHAH! Go get some ice cream for that throat and some warm socks; take a breather. You'll receive your personal thank-you message once I get the email.

And get DiGi to install that other program, already! I swear it'll make things a lot easier (probably)!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD I'm very naughty with shoving echo on my voice in all my other songs hahaha, it's like the gausian blur of audio.

Email sent! I hope it's decent enough D:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Gah, deadlines. I guess I can't put this decision any longer. Okay, I'll record something but I won't be held accountable for any ruptured eardrums. And for the love of god if it sucks please just don't put it in the final song. >_<

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Gah, deadlines. I guess I can't put this decision any longer. Okay, I'll record something but I won't be held accountable for any ruptured eardrums. And for the love of god if it sucks please just don't put it in the final song. >_<

Just for that, I'll make a bonus track with NOTHING BUT YOUR UNALTERED VOCALS! That goes for EVERYONE else as well! FEAR ME!

I'm just kidding, c'mon.

lol Whatever you give, I'm sure it'll be fine. In the end, it's the quality and feeling of the song that matters, that it becomes more than just a sum of its parts. But I am very worried about my eardrums now, Zero...you're not a banshee, are you? ^__^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'm guessing you've listened to everyone's vocal tracks by now, Level 99?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Zero...you're not a banshee, are you? ^__^

We hired him on that basis alone.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I hope a lot of people submit on this one!

You'll be doing the world of NiGHTS fans a service...

.. BY DROWNING ME OUT. 8D

(If you could hear me, that would be more than sufficient encouragement to save the world, LOL)

And heck, even if not for that charitable reason, think of joining your voice with other dreamers who love NiGHTS! We're all one big happy insane family - it's fun! :lol:

YUU CAN DOO EET!! *waves pompoms*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Zero, come on! I got you rapping on Themes to Dreams 3, this should be a piece of cake for you! XD

I got you on Themes to Dreams 3 rapping

....... oops.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Singing is different from rapping though. It's stylish talking and I'm actually good at talking. Besides, I have a hard time singing Dreams Dreams because the chorus doesn't really fall into my range. Oh well, I sent in the audio files anyway (almost didn't) so the damage has been done. Just don't blame me when a tear in the space time continuum appears and Wizeman emerges sporting an afro to smite all of us for my hubris.

We hired him on that basis alone.

What, you mean it wasn't because you dug the gasmask? XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

What, you mean it wasn't because you dug the gasmask? XD

"Are you my mommy?" (please tell me you get the reference)

So far, 13 "sets" of vocals sent, 12 of which work, and 8 of which I have listened to. Some include the claps, some don't, but that's fine, I'm not too greedy about it. For the most part, all the vocals will eventually be put in if I can help it, but there are one or two sets giving me problems. And yes, we need a whole squad of NiGHTS cheerleaders encouraging the masses to record their vocals! GO TEAM GO!

The remixers will have deadlines for their vocals a little after you all get it in, since theirs will be from more professional recording setups they will need less heavy editing and processing. Maybe get a snippet by...Christmas? I dunno! What I DO know is you'll be getting something for Christmas. I'll probably post more detailed stuff after lunch today (OM NOM GROM NOM)

Edit: Disregard the "update after lunch". I'll save it for when there's more substantial things to update. Deadline is counting down, *cues Jeopardy theme* TICK TOCK!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
-Face suddenly changes into a gas mask and sort of slowly waddle-shuffles up to people.- Mommy?

Anyway. -Cough-

Zero, I bet you can do it. >_>

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
I finished recording just as everyone got home. tee hee :)

Sorry, 99, I got a little wordy in the E-mail ^ _ ^;; *sends*

YAYYYYYYY

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oh bloody hell, i'm recording my vocals tomorrow. OoooooooOOOOOOOOOOH nervousasfuck O_O;;

Ok. I need to record my lines for The World is Dreaming ...and then get vocals recorded for the other thing-thing i need to record vocals for ...and then a bunch of other stuff that needs vocal recording.

...wow damn, i'm gonna be recording a lot tomorrow. STUDIOOOOOOOOO (yeh, if only)

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Deep breaths, DiG'! XD

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
You'll do fine DiGi, just take it one recording at a time. You've done songs before and there're others contributing to the remix who say listening to their vocals will make the ears of others bleed. I think you'll do just fine. Just be confident dude. :)

Edit: Anyone else still need to get their vocals and claps in? I think there should should be a few left at this point...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users