Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
You guys are doing exactly what I'd hoped you would should Luke show his face around here: guilt him into making progress with your fan adulation and complements! lol we're getting there, we're getting there. Just for reference, here's the order of NiGHTS-related projects and their respective debut dates:

Winter Dreamers EP w/ DiGi Valentine - December 4th, 2009
Themes to Dreams 3 (I am doing some of the production work for DiGi's album) - ??????
NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - July 5th, 2011

Thanks a good chunk of NiGHTS music work that just I'M aware of! More information on both Winter Dreamers EP and Themes to Dreams 3 is on DreamCast 10, as well as on the Winter Dreamers EP itself when it comes out, so go give that latest DreamCast a listen if you haven't yet.

But for now, still gotta #dontforgetNiGHTS!

Yessssssssssssssss

edit- oh btw! I'm working on the fanmusic section next just for you guys :3 It might take me a while though because it involves a lot of copypasta into a new layout.

AWESOME! I know it's a lot of work, but you have no idea how appreciative we are of the past music section and, of course, the upcoming one. Go, TRiPPY, Go!

I'm so excited for the Album! It's going to be the perfect inspiration for a super-special-awesome Chritmas NiGHTS project I've been working on for awhile :P

Go, Guys, Go!!

"super-special-awesome Christmas NiGHTS project? Color me intrigued! Any idea when you're going to announce it or have it done?

INTRIGUE!

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER skies of arcadia DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER shatterhand DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER blind guardian DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER

You guys are doing exactly what I'd hoped you would should Luke show his face around here: guilt him into making progress with your fan adulation and complements!

I don't need to be guilted, I just need schoolwork to go away. :(

Thanksgiving break starts next Wednesday, which is when some progress will probably start. Or this Saturday. We'll see. This is a project I'm not planning on dropping at all.

Maybe Bionic Commando, though. Worst-case scenario, Wild Arms too. :(

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

I don't need to be guilted, I just need schoolwork to go away. :P

Thanksgiving break starts next Wednesday, which is when some progress will probably start. Or this Saturday. We'll see. This is a project I'm not planning on dropping at all.

Maybe Bionic Commando, though. Worst-case scenario, Wild Arms too. :)

I know you don't need to be guilted, I was just playing with ya, Luke. I'm doing my job as project director the best I can! I know you're a busy guy, and starting college at the same time as starting becoming a "real" remixer is a tough task. Glad you're thinking ahead, though.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
We will guilt you anyway, sir! Or... some... thing like that I don't know where I'm going with this. Good luck with both the schoolwork and the music, though. :>

Anyhow, still really excited to see where this all goes and what comes of it. Eeeeeee, hopefully this'll prompt some crazy NiGHTS-related art that's more than just doodle-y sketches. |D And then I will have fuuuueeeel for drawing. Because happyexcited does this.

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER skies of arcadia DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER shatterhand DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER blind guardian DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER

I know you don't need to be guilted, I was just playing with ya, Luke. I'm doing my job as project director the best I can! I know you're a busy guy, and starting college at the same time as starting becoming a "real" remixer is a tough task. Glad you're thinking ahead, though.

Yeah, the fact that you're so into it is what makes me wanna stay on the project the most. That and the fact that you're the only director I know personally and that I really like my source tune. :3

This is gonna go so sweet. I just hope all the other remixers do good too. They seem to so far. I need to go comment on more WiPs, actually...

We will guilt you anyway, sir! Or... some... thing like that I don't know where I'm going with this. Good luck with both the schoolwork and the music, though. :>

Thank you sir.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Thank you sir.

or ma'am, as it were :angry:

Anyways, welcome man. You won't find much here but pretty purple crap and sparkles.

So make yourself right at home!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Question since I'm lazy and don't feel like looking for it.

Are you doing Christmas NiGHTS songs too, for like...When Christmas NiGHTS came out?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Are you doing Christmas NiGHTS songs too, for like...When Christmas NiGHTS came out?

Nah, this is all original NiD songs. I'm not sure of the bonus content on Lucid Dreaming as bonus is only tackled once all the other songs are done and only if there's extra time, but there will be a Xmas NiGHTS remix I did on the upcoming release Winter Dreamers EP.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Cool.

I hope it's the "Winter NiGHTS" music. That's my favorite.

Hitori

Hitori

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
GUILTING OTHER PEOPLE INTO MAKING MOAR PROGRESS? DID I HEAR CORRECTLY?

Oh, hi. I'm Hitori. HitoriJaNai is the full thing, but please just call me Hitori. :D

Just joined the site... it was pointed out by some lovely ReMixers and such... Oh, what the heck. I'm also a mixer on this project.

So, yeah. Rawr. :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
OH CRAP, HITORI IS HERE!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Heelooo! *wave waves*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Which way should I run?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Ah, don't run, Hitori's pretty harmless. He's actually quite taken by you fans, as he's told me many times that, like myself, the reactions to his stuff has been more-than-expected. He's still new, we just took the plastic wrap and that little sticky-clear-tape-thingy off of him, so he's taking a little time to break in and come into his own, but I'm already starting to see it happen. I'm loving the crossover from the project to these forums!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting

"super-special-awesome Christmas NiGHTS project? Color me intrigued! Any idea when you're going to announce it or have it done?

INTRIGUE!

I'm actually planning on announceing it soon after you guys release the album
(It might not be much, but I poured heaps of love syrup onto it XD )

Hitori

Hitori

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ah, don't run, Hitori's pretty harmless. He's actually quite taken by you fans, as he's told me many times that, like myself, the reactions to his stuff has been more-than-expected. He's still new, we just took the plastic wrap and that little sticky-clear-tape-thingy off of him, so he's taking a little time to break in and come into his own, but I'm already starting to see it happen. I'm loving the crossover from the project to these forums!

I believe Stevo hit the nail on the head right there. I really am just starting to break in and such (glad that Stevo's seeing it happen, otherwise I might have given up!), but for you people? I'm giving it 110%.

As long as you keep being awesome, suck me into the wonderful world of NiGHTS, and of course feed me a little bit of a cookie or chocolate bar from time to time, that is. :)

And yes, progress will be coming shortly, Stevo. Hope you're awake when listening. Hehe.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Well we certainly love our cookies and chocolate here.... And Nutella...

It's official: Glad to have you aboard!

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Wasn't able to meet Stevo's due date for WIPs (works-in-progress).

i haet school :<

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

GUILTING OTHER PEOPLE INTO MAKING MOAR PROGRESS? DID I HEAR CORRECTLY?

HitoriJaNai is the full thing, but please just call me Hitori. :P

hitori janai....where have i heard that before....

Hitori

Hitori

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hitori janai....where have i heard that before....

It is an actual phrase. It's Japanese, and means something to the effect of "You're not alone". I originally started out as Hitori, which mean "alone" by itself (during a time where that seemed to describe me perfectly), but I talked to a friend once who said her favorite phrase was the full thing. Only remembered it after I changed for the better... and from then, I wasn't alone anymore.

Ah... nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
It's almost the new year. 2010 will be the only full calendar year that Lucid Dreaming should be in production. The holidays have been nice for almost everyone, and as thus have caused a bit of slow-down with progress. Stay tuned, folks. There's plenty more coming. I'm still waiting on another WIP or two, but besides that nearly every track has something in-progress.

And just wait until you see the art that's been a-brewin', heh heh heh...

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Finally got my WIP in. *huff puff*

Too bad the kick drum blows ass. :(

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
...I wish Stevo (that's Level99's irl name) wasn't at MAGfest so he would listen to my damned WIP. :<

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
You be quiet, Luke. I'll listen whenever I get back, you know that. :P

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, Level 99 (and the others on project).

I'm quite exited. It will be another album to add to my playlist (amoung others...)

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
bump

Posted Image

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
*wakes up off the desk with drool on his face*

Wha, WHAT?! No, teacher, I wasn't sleeping in class!

Yeah, life's been kinda busy on my end these days. Busy in a wonderful way, but still busy. OCAD is taking up more and more time, and other remixing projects are reaching more deadlines. So staying on top of it all while still "cracking the whip" on NiGHTS people despite the fact that the next WIP deadline is still a few months away is a bit difficult. All the tracks have been claimed, minus two that were dropped and are currently being reassigned. The initial progress was so great that this lull was inevitable, considering the timeline of the project.

You're all still in for quite a treat, or rather, quite a number of treats. And if Sega is paying more attention to NiGHTS now, considering the recent campaigns for NiGHTS related to ASR, let's hope that they're also looking at this project to see just how much NiGHTS means to people.

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Yeah, life's been kinda busy on my end these days.

Pretty much this.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
So GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUYS!?

The project should soon have two completed tracks. Granted, they're two of the ones that I'm doing, but never-the-less, that means that some stuff IS being finalized. Additional help has been offered on the big vocal collab, as that's the other one I'm currently assigned to that needs a good chunk of work. And who knows, there might be some preview "material" soon, though what that may be I won't say just yet.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
As you can no-doubt tell from my newly-revised forum sig, we have a NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming Sig Banner for you all to post up to support the project!

MAJOR MAJOR props to Jof for making this. Can be found here:

http://i14.photobuck...cidDreaming.png

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Some small updates:

1) I have one of my assistant directors working on further fixing up vocals for the BIG VOCAL COLLAB, which should see some big work done on it right around the corner.
2) Got someone just now starting on ideas for the website.
3) [editing this later]

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Gotta hand it to Jof for that sig you got there, Levs. That ish is styling, lol.

And yes, for those of you who are honestly wondering what is going on with this project, remember it's not due to drop until next year for NiGHTS 15th. So major news will be few and far between. However, it doesn't mean it's stopped progressing, nooo no. You'll love this thing when it's complete. So much work is going in to it.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
It's great to know that everything is progressing well! Great job on the banner, Jof, it really shows how much love and care is going into the project. :D

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Once again I can't seem to be able to meet one of Stevo's WIP dates on time...life is hard. >:)

Well, anyhoo, to tide you all over, listen to something else I made. It's a remix of this.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Well, Luke beat me to the announcement: we passed WIP2 yesterday with much less activity than I anticipated. We did get a few updates, but I handed out more extensions than I planned on. Don't worry, though: I got it under control. This is exactly why such a long timeline was given to the project: it's inevitable for some people to be late, so to compensate all the milestone dates have been set ahead-of-time to compensate from the get-go. The final WAV deadline will be when things are make-or-break.

The artwork is going very well. The album cover was just recently drafted as finished and it looks astonishing. Got another artist onboard to do some good work, too. :)

Keep your eyes here for something special around NiGHTS's 14th birthday this Summer. No, the project's not being released a year early, but...*plots*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Keep your eyes here for something special around NiGHTS's 14th birthday this Summer. No, the project's not being released a year early, but...*plots*

If I get Rickrolled one more time, Stevo...:)

It's good to know that everything's under control. You really know how to stretch out the anticip...

...pation. :D

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

If I get Rickrolled one more time, Stevo...:)

It's good to know that everything's under control. You really know how to stretch out the anticip...

...pation. :D

Nah, no repeat of rickroll. That one had its moment in the sun already.

And what can I say? I'm a showman!

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ha! WIP delivered! Take that, busy schedule!

Can't wait to see you dudes' reaction to my song. Hope you like metal. :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Ha! WIP delivered! Take that, busy schedule!

Can't wait to see you dudes' reaction to my song. Hope you like metal. :D

Oh dear...this isn't an allusion to the Solid Gold Dancers, is it? :)

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I...have no idea who the solid gold dancers are!

Anyway, please don't hit me dudes, but I actually got my first Sega Saturn at a flea market a month or so ago, and just bought Nights into Dreams today from Amazon.com for like...$20. I've never even touched this game, so I guess I'll finally get to live the magic for myself! Rad! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users