Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
*Dies of suspense.* ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Them peoples over at SEGANerds are going crazy over this puzzle. Some of them are almost certain it has to be Ryo and for their sake, as well as ours, i hope it is. I really do.

Anyways, it's Tuesday. Another two letters will be added later on today so let's see what's happening. Eyes peeled, everybody.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i've never played shenmue yet, does dragon mirror actually apply to it? :)

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
Man, this is getting SO boring know, we just need that 5th word's letters to be revealed! DAMN YOU SEGA!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
O---C-S I- R--R V--W D----- M----- M-Y A-P--R C-O--R -N R--L-TY

That's where it's at currently. People are getting impatient now, lol. Perhaps they should up the letters per day to 3 maybe? Just to push things along a little? No?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
NO lets make people suffer :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
SHENMUE 3 :B

BUUUUUURRRRRRHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR!

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
OBJECTS IN REAR VIEW DRIVER MIRROR MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REALITY

Did I just figure it out? SEGA did say that even if we did figure out the puzzle, the character would still be obscure. DAMN YOU SEGA! *shakes fist*

(Now, me being me, that last word is making the NiGHTS fan in me jump off the walls.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Everybody is thinking it's 'Dragon Mirror' instead of Driver Mirror, which is a hint to the Shenmue games in which Ryo Hazuki appeared in.

Anyways, it's mid week now. Wednesday shall reveal to us that it's more or less the same thing as they side-step the fifth word yet again and drag this puzzle by it's arse cheek into next week. Eyes on the prize.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I played Shenmue 1 n' 2 a while back, but I'm not crazy hoping it's Ryu. I mean...he's a guy. A japanese guy. What else is there?

Meanwhile (Jackle) we've got (Jackle) many other (Jackle) interesting (Jackle) chara(Jackle)cters to choose (Jackle) from. SEGA (Jackle) has loads of (Jackle) characters that are (Jackle) unique (Jackle), and while (Jackle) Ryu would by (Jackle) all means be (Jackle) a good addition (Jackle) to this (Jackle) game, I'd be (Jackle) much more exci(Jackle)ted about (Jackle) someone (Jackle) else. No (Jackle) offense.

Jackle.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
I think you like Puffy.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I like the way you think EZEKiAL! ;3

@DiGi: For some reason, my mind won't let me see "rear view driver mirror". Doesn't make much sense when you get right down to it. lol

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

I think you like Puffy.

lmao!

i just hope it's not gilius...because he's a fat man and we already have an egg related fat man!

billy hatcher

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
Damn you, Trippy! You've revealed my secret!

As for Billy, he's already announced.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i know that, i was making it sound like i was talkin about eggman who's already on it, but i went on to talk about billy instead :) i was meanin we already have a fat man so no gilius required :)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I don't think it would do justice to Jackal's character to drive a cart, though I would like to see his cards be used as the homing weapon on the NiD stage, assuming there is one. I seem to recall that there would be per-stage items.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Oh. Oh. Oh, would you look at that? :D -

O--EC-S I- R--R V--W D----- M----- M-Y A-P--R C-OS-R -N R--L-TY

My gosh. They've missed the fifth word yet again and tomorrow is Thursday. Can SEGA drag this in to next week? Find out on the next exciting episode of - ...you already know where this is going.

Really, though. This is dragging just as much as Dragon Ball Z. Goku would have shot his Kamehameha by now, dammit!!

SEGA!! SHOOT IT, ALREADY!! SHOOOOOOT IT!! DO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
*Despretley looks for... aw, forget it...*

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
BTW, just throwing this in before I forget. I was talking to one of the guys from Sumo at SoS when me and DiGi were playing the game, and I asked him about the weapons in the game. Specifically, which games each one game from (I was referring to the traffic cone weapon at the time). He told me the original idea was to have weapons from each series (which is why you have the lightning shield form Sonic etc.) but that it got a bit complicated with all the different series, and they didn't really fit as a whole when each character was using them. As such, they decided just sort of general, cartooney weapons were a better choice (such as the traffic cone, rockets etc.)

Just food for thought, I wouldn't expect many game-series specific weapons outside of the all star moves.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

*Despretley looks for... aw, forget it...*

i know, i'd love jackle too! :D although if jackle were to ever appear again, methinks he'd get redesigned

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I'd hope they wouldn't- Jackle looks awesome the way he is! *Starts trying to find a sign of Mephiles in the word puzzle.*

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
so did reala and NiGHTS, and well....(i actually have no issues with the new designs, just prefer the old ones, i'm a man of nostalgia!) and mephiles would be a cool item, he'd possess the cars shadow and stop them being able to turn for a while :D i dunno, or somethin better :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I think you like Puffy.

I still want Puffy to roll around and smush the other racers. :P

This is Sega All-Stars. Methinks a certain Sega star needs to be in this game...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
by which noctourne means bark the polar bear :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Yes! You're abusolutely right about him being a star! :P

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
Ristar? Hopefully as an unlockable.

Jackle would totally ride a giant Tarot Card like one of those Air Boards from Sonic Riders!

And about that "generic weapons" thing, that sounds like a heaping pile of "we're too lazy to come up with three to seven weapons per stage and program them into the game". e_e

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
what's that hint noctourne? ri......star.....oh, you mean tails! he's on it already :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
And so it's Thursday ....."Objects in rear view dragon mirror shouldn't flipping take this long to reveal it's bloody fifth word"

I'm concerned though. They said when they were coming up with the puzzle that it wasn't anything directly related to the character...however Dragon Mirror is really kinda related to Ryo Hazuki. It would be extremely obvious to the character they're revealing if that fifth word is 'dragon' and the sixth is 'mirror'.

The fact that they're purposefully missing the fifth and sixth words leads me to believe it's Ryo and therefore they're dragging it out.
The fact that they said the hint has nothing directly involved with the character they're revealing makes me think that 'Dragon Mirror' is too linked for it to be Ryo.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It still might refer to Ryo as the Dragon Mirror could be seen as something that is not really part of his character, even though it is an integral part of the story.

I assume that when they say it isn't directly related, they mean "Dragon Mirror" would not refer to some Panzer Dragoon character riding a dragon or something.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
..................and today -

"O--EC-S IN R--R V--W D----- M----- M-Y A-P-AR C-OS-R -N R--L-TY"

Those fifth and sixth words look amazingly empty. Funny that.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
they only have 8 more letter pairs to fill before they absolutely have to fill in ol' five and six

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

what's that hint noctourne? ri......star.....oh, you mean tails! he's on it already :)

I think that it is really interesting to see Tails as a Sega All-Star. The shooting in SA2 reduced his star power for me. Just kidding, Tails is awsome. Just like another cute old Sega character...and I don't mean Amy Rose! :P

DiGi, I think that this is all part of an evil plot by S0L as revenge for us almost toasting Sumo's servers and starting rumours, even if Sumo supposedly has nothing to do with the puzzle. ;)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

I think that it is really interesting to see Tails as a Sega All-Star. The shooting in SA2 reduced his star power for me. Just kidding, Tails is awsome. Just like another cute old Sega character...and I don't mean Amy Rose! :)

DiGi, I think that this is all part of an evil plot by S0L as revenge for us almost toasting Sumo's servers and starting rumours, even if Sumo supposedly has nothing to do with the puzzle. ;)

i dont order oranges when i go to restaurants. RISTAR! (sorry, i aint as sly and clever as you :P)

although i gotta say, ryu, who's a simple human, but no NiGHTS, what's goin on there! ;) or burning rangers!

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I heard some people on other sites saying that NiGHTS has already been confirmed a while back. *Crosses her fingers that it's true.*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I heard some people on other sites saying that NiGHTS has already been confirmed a while back. *Crosses her fingers that it's true.*

Well, at the Q&A session with sumo digital at Summer of Sonic (I think that's what it was), TRiP and DiGi basically assaulted the hell out of the project members there about NiGHTS' inclusion. And they continually seemed to beat around the bush in that awkward sense that makes you think NiGHTS is already in the game, but can't explicitly confirm or deny it due to non-disclosure agreements (of which I'm going to be learning a LOT about in my law classes).

Truth be told, it's a very safe bet that NiGHTS is in the game since they already have the character models carried over from SEGA Superstars Tennis. We shall see!

EDIT: Also they'll probably drag out the fifth word to the end of next week. If they give us the sixth word and it's "Mirror," and the first two letters of the fifth word, it could still be either "Driver" or "Dragon." Silly SEGA, patience is for casual gamers!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

That was mostly due to us contacting SUMO asking where NiGHTS was. Because of that people took it as a rumour that NiGHTS was confirmed when all we really were doing was asking where NiGHTS was. It's amazing how much word travels on the internet before someone twists it and it becomes a rumour completely losing it's original meaning and point, lol.

Well, at the Q&A session with sumo digital at Summer of Sonic (I think that's what it was), TRiP and DiGi basically assaulted the hell out of the project members there about NiGHTS' inclusion.

Lol, to some extent. But it was of course very light-hearted stuff, not to be taken seriously mind you. We were showing we were optimistic fans and they were showing us that they're a good games developer. In the end we both had a mutual understanding between the company and fanbase.

We're all friends now. Big hug! XD

SO, today is the last working day of this week meaning it's time for SEGA to drag this puzzle into next week. I should start taking bets on how long they'll drag out that fifth word.
Who knows, maybe they'll put the R in on the fifth word and leave us hanging over the course of the weekend. Good typical strategy.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Dragon Mirror...god I'm such a moron. All this time I was thinking of possibilities of it being Kazuma Kiryu or a Panzer Dragoon thing and I totally missed the freaking Shenmue reference in the phrase "Dragon Mirror". Somebody smack me please.

You know, in retrospect, this whole mord thing is really nothing more than an exceptionally lazy countdown site. Only Sega was too cheap to make the actual site so they're just having some guy post letters.. XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Well done, Zero. Well done. [/owl] :D

As for the word puzzle itself, lol. But it's keeping people interested to see if it is Ryo though so technically it's having the same effect as a timer would - we're all asking them to hurry the damn thing up, lol.

Anyways, let's see what today brings us.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
XD I enjoy being tormented by wordplay.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
For all we know, the fifth and sixth words are D' Force Master. It fits! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users