Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Mighty is awfully obscure, so I'd be surprised to see him actually included in the gane.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Well, Sol did say "it's obscure even when you know it", so you never know.
Although, I would be even happier if Jackle was in it, I wonder if the hint could be about him? :D
*Prays with all of her heart what she just typed is true.*

...Jackle's not going to be coming back anytime soon, is he?... :(

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Oh, i wouldn't write Jackle off just yet. There's only been two official games of NiGHTS so who's to say he wouldn't be making a return in the future (if they ever make another game).
As for what SOL was refering to, i think he means the puzzle itself is obscure, not the character.

Speaking of which, all eyes on the puzzle today to see what 2 letters they're going to be revealing. What we really need are some more letters to be revealed for the 'dragon/driver' word, just so we know if we're barking up the wrong tree. Lol, it would be extremely cruel if they strung us along for the next 4 weeks and didn't reveal anymore letters in the 'dragon/driver' word only to at the end prove that it has nothing to do with Ryo Hazuki.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
That indeed would be cruel and dissapointing.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
This has been "Tempting Fate" brought to you by TRiPPY and DiGi. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Ahahaha! Oh come on XD It happens a lot. We get all hyped up and get let down in one way or another. I'm just trying to stay a bit grounded because I always end up looking like a dork when i get too happy over something that doesn't happen :B

BUT MAYBE IF WE ALL SIT AROUND THIS CAMPFIRE HERE AND SING. I have hope!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
How comes when anything intresting happens, it´s always while I´m away on holiday or something.

On the topic at hand though, Ryo... hol crap that´d be awesome, amd that puzzle would have been awesome too.
Mighty, nah, don´t think so. That info came from Wikipedia yeah? Seriously?

I love looking forward to things like this. Slow reveals of characters is fun lol.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
The next two letters have been revealed! (and guess what? It STILL matches the Ryo Hazuki guesstimation)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
The rest of this week is focusing on that ONE word. If we can just figure out if it's driver or dragon, of course they're going to drag it out as much as they can though. Watch every single letter revealed this week be for all the other words other than the fifth word, lol.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Yeah, I can see why they'd drag it out to the end, it will keep us on the end of our seats longer. By the way, I reckon that they won't confirm NiGHTS (if he's in it) till last, just to get back at us for sending Sumo all those emails lol.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I just had a strange realization. Even if that one word really is dragon, it may not actually be Ryo. There may be a chance it could be Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series. If it's one of these guys, I'll be a happy camper either way.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Did i completely imagine this or did i read an interview with Sumo somewhere saying that they couldn't include realistic human characters because they were having skeleton probs with animation or something? Did i dream that? o_O

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
  • Interests:What?
That's what I thought, too, but I guess Beat and (can't remember his name Crazy Taxi guy) are in. I loooooooooove me some Crazy Taxi.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Where is that interview? :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Wait, what? Crazy Taxi? Who said?

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm pretty sure I read on that Mighty the Armadillo link that Axel is confirmed, yet this is unlikely to be true, since I haven't read anything about it.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Next two letters have been released, and it still supports the Ryo Hazuki rumor. *squee*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
uh..huh.

Anyways, two new words have been added to the puzzle. And they're still keeping well away from that fifth word. They're going to drag this out, ain't they? XD;

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Yep, they are seriously going to drag that 5th word along until hell freezes over.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
it already did, i once said i'd only play sonic next gen when hell freezes over, and i've completed it :P hoo-ho-ho-ho! but yeah, it's quite impressive how they managed to get it right so far, with so little letters at the time!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Did i completely imagine this or did i read an interview with Sumo somewhere saying that they couldn't include realistic human characters because they were having skeleton probs with animation or something? Did i dream that? o_O

Claris dreams of squishy gardens. Helen dreams of castles. TRiPPY dreams of interviews. :P

It did exsist. I remember wondering why someone considered Crazy Taxi realistic. ;D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Guess what? Another two letters have been revealed. Guess what? They still ain't touching the fifth word.
Tomorrow's Friday so it will be the last day of this week to have two letters added.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Gah!!!! The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
is it SOE or SOA that update it? if it's SOE, can you not ask AAUK to make the fifth word get updated? :rolleyes:

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Well SEGA's certainly doing their job keeping up a viral marketing campaign. Though it's kind of a small scope...

Wait. Rear view...driver...mirror?

OutRun. Oh snap.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
could be "dreamy" lol, just sayin ^_^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
The office responsible for the puzzle is SOA. Some one named Kellie 'something' created it.

Also, i don't think the Outrun car will be in this game due to the license with Ferrari. I've spoken with AAUK about it very briefly and he mentioned getting the license to put a Ferrari in this kinda game would be a massive headache. That's not to say they have not done it because he obviously can't outright confirm or deny anything but it is highly unlikely. We might get an Outrun course and music but i don't think we'll be seeing the car itself. Which is a shame as it would have been pretty cool to have it in a game like this.

Anyways, eyes peeled for today's two letters.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Also, i don't think the Outrun car will be in this game due to the license with Ferrari.

Doesn't have to be an actual Ferrari; they did change the car for OutRun in Shenmue II after all. Even so, the OutRun Online Arcade license probably still has weight to it given how recent it is, so it's not entirely impossible. But for a single game with just one car...yeah. Or they could just use the generic clone from OutRunners. Problem solved.

Damn SEGA, you're doing a good job at getting me worked up and hyped up here. Don't blow it!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
They changed it? O_O I didn't even notice.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

They changed it? O_O I didn't even notice.

That's because you don't play racing games, dear. How were you to know? :)

That being said, neither did i. But then again i've only played Shenmue II once and didn't bother much with the arcade machines in the game, sadly.

I do agree though. They could easily use a vehicle that looks like a ferrari but isn't. Unless the contract/lincense with Ferrari is extremely specific about what they can and can't do.

I'm also wanting the Daytona car. Though, i can see why they couldn't use it for the fact that they need to show the drivers in the cars and unless we would settle for a cartoony Daytona Hornet car driven by ...erm...i dunno, SOL from Sumo Digital himself or something then i can't see how they'd put the Daytona car in, sadly.

--edit--
oh hey, guess what? they missed out the fifth word again. Looks like another long weekend, lol! XD
The current puzzle looks like this -

O---C-S I- R--R V--W D----- M----- M-- A----R C-O--R -- R--L--Y

MAR CORRLY ^_^

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
*Despretly looks for a possible sign of either Nack or Jackle in the word puzzle.*

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I'm also wanting the Daytona car. Though, i can see why they couldn't use it for the fact that they need to show the drivers in the cars and unless we would settle for a cartoony Daytona Hornet car driven by ...erm...i dunno, SOL from Sumo Digital himself or something then i can't see how they'd put the Daytona car in, sadly.

AVATARS!!! MIIS!!! AND WHATEVER THEY CALL THEM ON THE PLAYSTATION!!!

Woah. There's a golden opportunity. Put your avatars in the character's cars...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
  • Interests:What?

AVATARS!!! MIIS!!! AND WHATEVER THEY CALL THEM ON THE PLAYSTATION!!!

Woah. There's a golden opportunity. Put your avatars in the character's cars...

Miis = Bettar.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

*Despretly looks for a possible sign of either Nack or Jackle in the word puzzle.*

They should do something along the lines of Double Dash and have Nack and Jackle in the same car. Go team obscure! (Or Nackle, for short. :lol:)

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
That could actually work. Like if they do it like in Mario Kart with one character throwing items at the others and one is driving. GO TEAM OBSCURE!!!!!!!! :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Well, it's Monday and that means they're going to release two new letters in to that puzzle. All eyes on that fifth word ....though i'm starting to get uneasy nerves that it might not be Ryo. I'm hoping it is but i'm kinda worried it won't be.

On other AllStars topic discussion, going back to talking of NiGHTS. I earlier said i wouldn't want NiGHTS to 'be' the vehicle because they'd probably put Will and/or Helen to drive NiGHTS....though thinking about it i wouldn't mind it so much if it's Elliot and/or Claris driving NiGHTS instead. The reason being is during JoD it didn't look right with Will driving NiGHTS. His colours and design didn't seem to blend well whenever NiGHTS morphed in to something for him to sit in. Elliot, on the other hand, has a very bold colour set and would look good driving a NiGHTSbike or NiGHTScar, lol.
And plus, this game is all about the fanservice and nostalgic trips so seeing those two wouldn't surprise me. When Elliot and Claris were put into JoD as secret characters the fanbase really welcomed them back. They're great characters.

So now, i'm thinking if NiGHTS is in the chance of actually 'being' the vehicle itself, are Elliot and Claris making an appearance as drivers?

All that being said, i'd rather NiGHTS drove a vehicle and wasn't the vehicle though.
Lol, that being said, we've still got to wait and see if he's actually in the bloody game first. I'm talking about him like he's been announced already XD;;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
When do the new letters go up?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Usually during the second half of our day. Any time from 5pm onwards, my dear.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Lol well it was updated and they STILL haven't touched the D word XD nastynasty SEGA!

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Couldn't they at least put an 'R' in it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users