Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I know he's not a Sega chacter, but I can dream... I'm kinda an odd Sega fan. The only Sega games I had for my Genesis were Sonic and Sonic 2. The others were Lion King, Aladdin, NHL, Madden, Tiny Toons Buster's Hidden Treasure, Tiny Toons Acme All-Stars, and Star Wars Arcade for 32X. Not a huge collection and all but the Sonic games were licensed products. I've also only had one Sega system: the Genesis. I was never into the console wars, so I had an N64 and Playstation. At the time I was like 7 so my parents bought me everything, but my mom wouldn't even consider a Dreamcast because it was "not a good system"... I wanted Sonic Adventure 'cuz it looked so cool! (Well my dream came true when SADX was released on PC and I found a copy!) Many of the beloved characters all of you guys know about I didn't even discover until I got Sega Superstars and Sega Genesis Collection for PS2 a few of years ago. The only ones I knew of were the Sonic characters of 1-3/Knuckels/CD (PC versions of 3, Knuckles, and CD), Space Channel 5 (PS2), and Samba de Amigo (not sure how I found out about that...). NiGHTS I was somewhat familiar with because of Sonic Robo Blast 2, but I didn't know much beyond that and Sega Superstars. I'm sorry guys, I haven't played NiD, but I hope that Sega come to their senses and release Saturn games on Wii virtual console. I haven't even played JoD yet. I'm just kinda here to talk with (and listen to in the case of the podcast) Sega fans. I find that this board has the nicest video game fans in general, so great job being... nice!... I think I got off topic with that little ramble. Sorry about the life story. :rolleyes: So... give me Metal Sonic, Knuckles, the ninja from the Shinobi games (ninjas are cool. Does he have a name?), and replace Big with Blaze. And here's a far fetched (joke) idea: add Axel from Kingdom Hearts!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

but I hope that Sega come to their senses and release Saturn games on Wii virtual console.

If Nintendo would let you play games from your SD card that wouldn't be a problem...But right now it's probably not possible.

And for Shinobi, it depends on which game you are talking about.

Shinobi 1-3 has Joe Mushashi in it. While the PS2 game that is named "Shinobi" has Hotsuma in it.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
You can play games from your SD card now. You can download anything from the shop channel to an SD card and when you load it it temporarily saves to the Wii. Once another game/channel is loaded from the SD card that temporary save is replace with another. Now if that temporary save would be too big if the game was a Saturn game, I can't say because I don't know much about Saturn games except that they have CD quality music. Are the graphics 32 or 64 bit? I guess the determining factor would be how much total memory is left on the Wii itself as to whether the games would fit.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

You can play games from your SD card now. You can download anything from the shop channel to an SD card and when you load it it temporarily saves to the Wii. Once another game/channel is loaded from the SD card that temporary save is replace with another. Now if that temporary save would be too big if the game was a Saturn game, I can't say because I don't know much about Saturn games except that they have CD quality music. Are the graphics 32 or 64 bit? I guess the determining factor would be how much total memory is left on the Wii itself as to whether the games would fit.

I *think* the Saturn has snazzy 32-bit graphics.

Back on topic, this game needs zombies from the House of the Dead games. Imagine the scenarios-

"ARR! I'll eat your brain, you crotch-grabbing rodent! Omnomnom!" :blink:

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
It needs to be a House of the Dead track where you can run into the zombies with your karts and they could fly in the air like mindless objects... which they are! Have some ragdoll physics on the zombies. They could also latch on to your kart and slow you down and you have to drive crazily to get them off! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT I say! GENIUS! (brownie points to whoever gets that reference)

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Yeah. The Saturn is a 32-bit system.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS

It needs to be a House of the Dead track where you can run into the zombies with your karts and they could fly in the air like mindless objects... which they are! Have some ragdoll physics on the zombies. They could also latch on to your kart and slow you down and you have to drive crazily to get them off! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT I say! GENIUS! (brownie points to whoever gets that reference)

Lolol, Emperor's New Groove. XD

Running into zombies and having them slow down your opponents sounds like a great idea actually. :D

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
phew, I was worried I was making a reference the no one would get and I would look really stupid! Odd, I didn't notice when reading my own post to just proof read, but when reading the quote of my own post I noticed it should be "to whomever" not "to whoever". I think that the zombies would be awesome and unique, unfortunately unique isn't very often in video games, so I'm not very hopeful for something like that. I still think it will be fun, though. I always loved Mario Kart for getting to race through Mario themed levels, and now we get Sega themed levels. It's awesome!

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
now I can imagine a Space Harrier based course, just imagine yourself driving while you have to evade random jumping mushrooms, small spaceships, giant fire breathing rockheads, falling rocks that come out from nowhere

just by imagining that I fell from my chair laughing xDDD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
. . .

I LOVE Space Harrier! A Space Harrier course would be AWESOME!

*high five*

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

. . .

I LOVE Space Harrier! A Space Harrier course would be AWESOME!

*high five*

yay someone finally understands me! *shot* HIGH FIVE!

Space Harrier FTW

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It's kind of funny really. So many characters that already have vehicles haven't even been announced. For example the Crazy Taxi guys, the Daytona cars, Ulala on her space platform thingy, or even Space Harrier mentioned above. I'm guessing the next character we'll see is Knuckles and i hope that's it for Sonic characters if they really are just putting in 20 racers.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Is it just me, or does Amigo seem to be driving a ketchup bottle? 0o;;;;

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Is it just me, or does Amigo seem to be driving a ketchup bottle? 0o;;;;

well its actually a maraca kart
but I cant blame you, it DOES look like a ketchup bottle xDDD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Time to play "NAME THAT KART!" Yayyy!

The rules are simple- what do you think everyone will drive?

Ulala- Her floaty board

Crazy Taxi Guys- Guess :blink:

Ristar- His arms! o.0

Flicky- a cat shaped airplane

Will's Dad- The car that becomes a plane! ZOMG!

Your thoughts?

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Owl - a giant bubble of doom!

Billy Hatcher - an egg vehicle...or maybe the same motorcycle from Sonic Riders

(I wonders if there's gonna be a puyo puyo kart model? *shot*)

NiGHTS - ...HiMSELF *slapped*

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Maybe a ChuChu riding a rocket!

As for NiGHTS, I find it hard to picture what kind of vehicle he could have (if he's not the vehicle himself). I hope it's a flying vehicle, like Tail's plane.

Will's Dad- The car that becomes a plane! ZOMG!

:lol:

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Knuckles-Some sort of bike powered by the Master Emerald
NiGHTS-A plane or himself
Ristar-possibly himself or a kind of hover-star-thing(think Kirby's Star-Ride)
Shadow-a motor-bike with the symbol from his game
Headdy(tell me you saw this coming)-The biplane head, eagle head, speedy/long-reach head, etc.
Metal Sonic-that weird force-field thing from SA2:B
Kaiser Greedy(from Ristar)-a robot thing
Dark Demon(from Dynamite Headdy)-he'd just stand there and win automatically. he pwns just that much

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Shadow-a motor-bike with the symbol from his game

Shadow's vehicle has already been revealed; it's his motorcycle from Sonic 06.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I like the ChuChu idea!

Perhaps for Puyo Puyo *what's her name* could ride inside a huge red puyo shaped bumper car. :lol:

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
you know...it makes me wonder, that guy...ArchangelUK made that topic of NiGHTS best catchphrase, and he said it was for some kind of project of who knows what, maybe it has something to do with the game, oyu know, getting NiGHTS best phrases for his/her taunts...

nevermind, daydreaming is not doing any good to me, forget that I said something :blink:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://forums.sega.c...ad.php?t=290601

Submit your questions!

By the by in their latest Podcast at Comic Con Sega's forum guys asked the developers about characters (in regard to what they did for Tennis), namely NiGHTS, so it sounded like the plan was to indeed see NiGHTS in this one. There wasn't a definitive 'yes' but he was acknowledged, I'd say. Listen for yourself- http://dl.sega.com/d...w_Episode_2.mp3

(also, this thread should probably go to Other Games now..)

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
pfffft NiGHTS could just use his persona mask and make everyone's car's explode as a Dragon

*insert Trogdor refrence here*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I want NiGHTS racing. Puffy in a massive limo would be AWSOME. :)

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
Still wants Ryo from Shenmue in a fork lift truck. That and the car from Streets of Rage that kills everything on screen.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
What are the chances that NiGHTS, Reala, and Jackle will make it into this game together?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

What are the chances that NiGHTS, Reala, and Jackle will make it into this game together?

NiGHTS- 99% (Sega loves him)

Reala- 80% (If Sega does pairs, like in Tennis, he might make an appearance)

Jackle- 10% (Why start putting him in spinoffs now?)

All Together- 5%

My desire to have them all together- 100%

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
On GameFAQS.com, a user called Darthsol, (who also works for Sumo Digital) said:

1. Animation wise, SST needed something like 250 animations per character. So we had to develop a system where we could share certain animations as a starting point. Hence NiGHT's and Reala, Beat and Gum, AiAi and MeeMee etc. This time we are looking at unique animations per character, so we can have a more diverse mix.

2. We want to get a more diverse mix anyway. You've seen all the Sonic characters bar one (and I'll let you speculate!) and we're trying to get some of the fan favourites missing from SST. We'll always have a mix of recent, modern and retro - just hopefully a more fan pleasing selection this time. Note that characters that are quite old or 'obscure' may not make it as playables, but might as cameos.

So judging by this, NiGHTS will most likely be a playable character, although it's hard to say if Reala will. No! I want Reala in!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, I'm guessin' both NiGHTS and Reala will be playable. I do hope Sumo doesn't consider Ristar or Vectorman too obscure, but if they do at least we may see a cameo, which is something. Never seen those characters rendered in even 32 bit graphics.

What I wonder is if they may surprise us with NiD versions of NiGHTS and Reala or, like with Tennis just give us the JoD models.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Hm, I'm guessin' both NiGHTS and Reala will be playable. I do hope Sumo doesn't consider Ristar or Vectorman too obscure, but if they do at least we may see a cameo, which is something. Never seen those characters rendered in even 32 bit graphics.

What I wonder is if they may surprise us with NiD versions of NiGHTS and Reala or, like with Tennis just give us the JoD models.

I want Ristar, too! Imagine what his race course would look like...Rainbow Road knock off, perhaps? ;)

I'd expect the JoD models- they're fancier and can advertise Journey of Dreams.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Im pretty much sure NiGHTS will be playable, and mostly with his JoD design...I dont know about Reala thou

unfortunately both Vectorman and Ristar are too obscure characters, if we see something about them in the game it would probably be just a cameo

I just wonder when are they going to announce new characters, Im starting to get tired of waiting D8|

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
If Reala were to be in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, I could just imagine him saying "Watch where you're going!" and shaking his fist. LOL.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Knuckles, Billy Hatcher, Beat, Alex Kidd confirmed http://www.officialn...le.php?id=10824

Gamescom trailer

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Where's NiGHTS, dammit? :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Knuckles, Billy Hatcher, Beat, Alex Kidd confirmed http://www.officialn...le.php?id=10824

Gamescom trailer

If Alex Kidd is in it, NiGHTS has to be. I think I see a purple car in the backgroud of the first pic...

(Alex Kidd's model scares me. He looks like a crazy puppet. It's not as bad as his SST model, though.)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
at least beat's in it i suppose, if NiGHTS isn't on it he'll almost make it up for me

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
If NiGHTS isn't in this, we should start an uprising.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm sure NiGHTS will be there; us NiGHTS fans need to be patient, AS USUAL.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I'm sure NiGHTS will be there; us NiGHTS fans need to be patient, AS USUAL.

If Sega will make us wait over a decade for a sequel, chances are they'll have us wait a year for NiGHTS to be revealed in a racing game. :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Interview-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users