Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Got an email from Tawny saying that she's at the convention and there's been no word of NiGHTS in the game yet. I don't know if it's because he's just not been revealed OR because he might not be in it at all. Either way, it is quite worrying how of all the characters that SEGA are putting in to this thing that someone of NiGHTS popularity has not been revealed yet.

Sumo Digital are saying they're listening to the fans as much as possible when they were putting the cast in to this however i don't know how many people from our fanbase actually left any comments anywhere (other than here) saying they would like NiGHTS in. I know this might sound silly but maybe we've become too used to having NiGHTS as a cameo/side character that we just don't think to even ask for him anymore.

So, i don't know if it will help much (considering the game is due release early 2010) and they're probably set on their cast now anyway but if for the sake of making sure Sumo Digital know we want NiGHTS in this perhaps we should actually tell them ourselves.
Here's their contact details - if you feel it might help then contact them and let them know.

Lol, it would probably be our luck that Sega decides not to use NiGHTS anymore for some reason or another.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I've started an email, but I;ve reached a wirter's block.

Here's what I've got-

To whom it may concern,

I am an avid Sega fan and look forward to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. The variety of characters announced is incredible, and it looks like it will be an excellent follow up to the great Sega Superstars Tennis. However, one of my favourite Sega characters, NiGHTS from NiGHTS into Dreams, has not yet been announced. NiGHTS has many fans, and we all would be overjoyed if he made an appearance.

Any thoughts?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
That's good Noctourne. What the heck, I'll write. I'll be mad if NiGHTS is not included. What reason would they have to keep him a secret?

Chronos

Chronos

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:My interests are drawing, watching animes and tv shows, cosplaying (if u want to c my cosplaying got to DA, cosplay.com, or myspace.com/ViewtifulChronos.), play video games, play tennis, spend some time playing my ocarina, creating stories or mostly make comics and spend time with friends and family. i m not putting much but thats mostly what i m interested in and also a NiGHTSFan and a Sonicfan. There is more to say but i end it like this for now.
looks ok i guess i mean i might get it either way. And i am pretty sure they are going to put NiGHTS or Reala.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
It's good so far Noc. Just keep it short and to the point, i'm guessing the company are busy enough so short emails are probably easier for them to get through. Best to round it off by saying that you hope they include NiGHTS in the game and that they're doing a great job so far.

Lol, put in a P.S for Ryo Hazuki driving the forklift! XD

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
I wonder what it'd be like if you could play as Wizeman in this game? Like, what would his special move be, and better yet, what would his vehicle be like? :rolleyes:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I wonder what it'd be like if you could play as Wizeman in this game? Like, what would his special move be, and better yet, what would his vehicle be like? :rolleyes:

His vehicle would be a purple and gold convertible, known simply as BADASS.

His special attack would make him win instantly, and it would be called

HELLS YEAH.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Thank you for the input, Viper and DiGi. (Gah, the "i" key on my keyboard has gone wonky, making DiGi's name near mpossible to type. :lol: )

I wonder what it'd be like if you could play as Wizeman in this game? Like, what would his special move be, and better yet, what would his vehicle be like? :blink:

He wouldn't have a car, Wizeman's just that cool. His special move whould destoy the racers, along with this eyesore of a course! Muahahahahaaha!

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
This is what I wrote.

To whom it may concern,

First of all, I would like to say that you guys did a wonderful job on Sega Superstars Tennis. I enjoyed it very much, and I was ecstatic when you had Reala from NiGHTS Journey of Dreams say "There is no NiGHTS!" for the Nintendo DS version of the game. Thank you for listening to the fans!

Second of all, I would like to comment on the character line-up for All-Stars Racing. I think its an star studded line up with some of the best heavy hitters of SEGA family. I know there are more characters yet to be announced, however, one of my personal SEGA favorites, NiGHTS, has either not yet been announced or won't be. NiGHTS has many fans, many of us are all gathered together on the NiGHTS into Dreams fansite, discussing this game feverishly, and wondering, "will NiGHTS (and maybe Reala. dreaming of Jackle) make it into this game?". We would all be extremely happy and overjoyed if he made it onto the game. We all hope he makes it into the game and wait anxiously for this game.

Thank you for taking the time to this email from one of your many fans.

Yours Truly,
Kellie Davidson

I hope they actually take the time to read it. >.<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Eh, might as well share. Here's what I wrote:

'Subject: Please use NiGHTS for All Stars Racing!

Message: Hello there, I am quite interested in Sumo's upcoming game, 'Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing'. I've heard you've been listening to fan input on which characters should be in the game, so I'm taking the time to let you know that there is a community of 1000+ members strong that would very much love to see the character NiGHTS as a playable character. Both him and Reala were in Sega Superstars Tennis, so we've been pretty optimistic about their appearance in this title as well. NiGHTS is a beloved Sega character, and you would be remiss not to include him in the playable roster. They haven't been announced yet, so we're just a bit concerned. Okay, that's all I wanted to say, thank you for listening!'

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Now someone send a death threat in magazine letters saying we want Jackle in!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just read on Kotaku that they recently spoke with the developers and they're saying that Sega's more realistic games series won't be featured in this (meaning if it hasn't got the cute happy face thing going on then it ain't in the game). So that most probably means no Outrun car, no Crazy Taxi car, no Daytona car, no Shenmue car. I feel this could be another wasted opportunity for Sega again.

Still, if NiGHTS is in it i'll be happy. Just a shame they can't use their whole catalogue because they want to keep 'funny' and 'serious' seperate. In Smash Bros Brawl did they change their minds about putting someone like Snake from Metal Gear Solid in to the game at the fear of him being too serious? NOPE! In fact it gave the game series a new slant of humor, having such a serious character fighting off all these cartoon-esque characters.

*sigh*

Well, i'm going to Summer of Sonic convention this weekend. The developers will be there so i'm going to see if i can have a word with them. Lol, like that'll do anything anyway but still.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Crazy Taxi... serious? I'd understand no Daytona but no Crazy Taxi is poo poo.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Crazy Taxi... serious? I'd understand no Daytona but no Crazy Taxi is poo poo.

Haha! Well put! You'd think Crazy Taxi would be a given in this, though. Maybe it's insanity enough to sneak past security.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Crazy Taxi is realistic? Sumo scares me... :P

Great job with the emails, everyone. NiGHTS fans are so awsome. :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, the Crazy Taxi was my guessing. Outrun won't be possible due to Ferrari licences so fair enough. Daytona was a serious racing game so they probably won't use that. Shenmue won't get a chance because that's probably the most serious game Sonic Team ever done (which really annoys me because Ryo Hazuki in this game would kick so much ass).
Crazy Taxi probably has a chance but i dunno, who knows. I just wish they would check the whole SEGA catalogue rather than the kiddy-happy characters. There's so much stuff they could use and they've got the development time to make it all happen too. They shouldn't be restricting themselves.

As for your emails to Sumo, that's looking good. I feel NiGHTS will be in it but it's better to be safe than sorry, init :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Holy crap, I got a reply:

"Hello,

Quick intro - I'm the producer on Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Thanks for your mail about NiGHTS.

When picking the characters for the game we made a big initial list first based on our desires, then added in feedback from SST we've been in many, many fan forums to do this!) and we then sent the proposed list to Sega. They added a few of their own I can tell you!

Given I've got a finite amount of time and budget we've had to limit this list down to the ones we can do in time- so whilst I can't promise NiGHT or Reala will have made it into the final cut - we do believe we've got a number of fan pleasers in there. However, we're under strict instructions not to say who at this point...

Keep an eye on the web though. Sega plan to release more details about who you're likely to be playing in the final game over the run up to release!

Best,

Steve"

Hrm..

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Wow! They were going to put Big the Retarded Obese Cat in but not NiGHTS! HAHAHA...

F--- YOU, SUMO.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Yay, a response! Sadly, it makes about as much sense as a dancing flowerpot.

"...so whilst I can't promise NiGHT or Reala will have made it into the final cut - we do believe we've got a number of fan pleasers in there. However, we're under strict instructions not to say who at this point..."

I get a disinct "There is no NiGHTS" vibe from this. However, from alll of the beating around the bush, the shrubbery is in a rather dreadful condition.

"Keep an eye on the web though. Sega plan to release more details about who you're likely to be playing in the final game over the run up to release!"

This seems hopeful, though. :rolleyes:

The bad grammar makes me want to scream. Did you copy it directly, or type it yourself?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I copied it, he forgot the S. (But hey, at least he didn't write "Nights")

Yeah, if Big is in this and not NiGHTS, that makes me *facepalm*.. no sense of priority..

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Gah, I got the same email today. Though, I think some of the words are spelled correctly in mine. XD;

Anyway, its very disheartening yet it keeps me hopeful at the same time. Why do you do this to me SEGA?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
In all seriousness, who even LIKES Big? No one I know does. He's an awful, annoying Sonic character and has no place anywhere in any video game or other media production EVER.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i think their idea was to make big so fail, that he was funny

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Wow! They were going to put Big the Retarded Obese Cat in but not NiGHTS! HAHAHA...

F--- YOU, SONIC TEAM.

Sumo Digital is making the game, why are you blaming Sonic Team? They've done nothing! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, who even LIKES Big? No one I know does.

On SSMB I think I've seen quite a number of Big fans, actually. Though there were also a lot of people wondering what he was doing here...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
....that doesn't sound good. They've been to many fan forums, have they? Ooooo i dunno, have they been here at all maybe? Had a chat with us, did they? Ask us how we feel about the game they're making?

ugh

The one game i've been waiting my whole life to play could potentialy be ruined by my favourite character being cut. And for what? Big the sodding Cat's place?
Summer of Sonic convention this weekend just got a whole lot more patriotic for me now. Sumo are going to be there and i'll be damned if i don't get my point across about this fanbase >.<

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

F--- YOU, SUMO.

Fix'd.

EDIT: Thanks, DiGi!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh don't worry guys, we can still rattle some cans for NiGHTS, it's what we're good at ;D

KEEP EMAILING :|

And remember it's not a definate yes or a no, so please be civil with your emails. Rudeness will get you nowhere.
</mumhatoff>

Failing that we can complain for years to come. We done it for 12 years previous.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yes. Please don't use me as an example for when contacting Sumo. I just tend to get annoyed a little too much, that's all ah-haha XD;;

Please email Sumo Digital with a polite email telling them the NiGHTS fanbase is still sitting here for a reason - because we want NiGHTS. Let'a try and make sure NiGHTS does get in to this game because he deserves his right to be there with the rest. Sega ain't Sega without NiGHTS, no matter how many Sonics you throw at us.

Get mailing :rolleyes:

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

....that doesn't sound good. They've been to many fan forums, have they? Ooooo i dunno, have they been here at all maybe? Had a chat with us, did they? Ask us how we feel about the game they're making?

But that don't really count. This is a NiGHTS forum, of course people are going to want NiGHTS. He said they went to many forums to check the feedback from SST, but here I don't think there was a lot of discussion or feedback about SST's roster, aside from NiGHTS and Reala, but as I said, coming from a NiGHTS forum, that don't count.
And as far as I know, no developers go to other forums to directly ask for people's opinions. At least I've never seen that.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
We're still a forum that is dedicated to a SEGA game. If ANYTHING, the fact that this forum exists should be reason enough that NiGHTS should be in the game. I don't see any fanbases for AiAi in the same way that Sonic and NiGHTS have fanbases about them. NiGHTS deserves his right to be in that game and if they did choose to over look this forum (for whatever reason) then their research was terrible, in my opinion.

So, in regards to this whole situation, if you care enough about NiGHTS then email Sumo. I don't want to see NiGHTS phased out for other SEGA characters. That won't be fair at all.

Tyciol

Tyciol

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Footbag, gaming
I've got that tennis game they produced for the PS2, it's okay I guess, but I hope this is a bit better. Funny to compare it to SSB since there was that Mario Kart or whatever it was called racing that had a lot of NES chars, though I guess only mario-linked but included guys like Donkey Kong who basically have their own franchise now.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Well I sent them an email this morning as well. I used basically what TRiPPY sent me and then modified it just a little so it would fit me. But either way, NiGHTS has my support! :rolleyes:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Thanks to everybody supporting this. Don't Forget NiGHTS, spread the word. *waves banner*

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

I don't see any fanbases for AiAi in the same way that Sonic and NiGHTS have fanbases about them.

guess what i'm just about to make now... :rolleyes:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Burning Rangers NEEDS a fansite. I weep for one.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Burning Rangers NEEDS a fansite. I weep for one.

if i knew how to make a site as funky-fresh as this one, i'd easily get one started!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
See my new topic regarding this & SUMO plz. Don't send them any more emails :rolleyes: Or they'll shoot us. Probably.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i'll be seeing Sumo face to face on Saturday. Most likely i'll have my face ripped off and handed to me but HEEEEY! I DO IT FOR NiGHTS AND HIS FANS!!! :P

I'm glad they came here to talk to us themselves. It takes a lot of guts to do a thing like that. Lol, especially with a fanbase as crazy as ours. Remember, it's always the quiet ones XD

But, no. Seriously, it was nice of them to answer. Shows that they're doing a fairly good job. I'll still be flippin' mad if NiGHTS ain't in this game but you can't be mad at Sumo since they actually cared enough to come here and talk to us directly. Good show, Sumo. Good show :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

In all seriousness, who even LIKES Big? No one I know does. He's an awful, annoying Sonic character and has no place anywhere in any video game or other media production EVER.

I liked Big. Then I played as him in SA...

guess what i'm just about to make now... :P

A cake? :)

Well, i'll be seeing Sumo face to face on Saturday. Most likely i'll have my face ripped off and handed to me but HEEEEY! I DO IT FOR NiGHTS AND HIS FANS!!! :D

Don't worry, DiGi. We'll have your face bronzed. :D

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

A cake? :P

right, stop using that bloody psychic powers, it's freaking me out and i don't like it! :D :)
and lol we at least got noticed :D it's a shame we had to bother them so much despite the fact their list couldn't be changed, but well, we're NiGHTS fans, we fight for what we believe in! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users