Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

what game is that track based on? i don't recognise it, although my guess is billy hatcher. and big looks weird with modern graphics!

Yeah, it's based on Billy Hatcher so he's gonna be in it no doubt.

Lol crotchgrab! Didn't you get told off for that and now Sonic does it in game XD *lmao* conspiracy.

Yes, they did XD
The time i needed to dress up as Sonic, i wanted to do some different kinda poses. After i said i was gonna make Sonic grab his crotch Michael-Jackson-style for the camera Kevin Eva gave me a warning that while i was wearing the Sonic suit i wasn't allowed to do anything rude.

And there's Sonic. Posing on top of his car. Grabbing his nads. pffahaha XD

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Suck on it! Aaaaooooooooowwwwwwww !!!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
lol, he's well and truly grabbing 'em! could that perhaps be a reference to your intentions? :blink: does sumo digital listen to radio dreadux to get their inspiration for poses? :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ha, 'rock' poses.
Super Sonic's incarnation= hell yes.
I'll be sorely disappointed if NiGHTS was not included in this.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

OMG I would recognize that stage everywhere! that's Blizzard castle from Billy Hatcher and The giant egg! there are even more Doras jumping there lol

if Billy Hatcher doesn't appear, at least he will have his own course

ok, now that I got a closer look on the course map, there are the characters I saw so far:

Sonic
Tails
Amy
Amigo
AiAi
Big
Shadow
Eggman

...too much Sonic charas IMO

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm left kinda wondering where Knuckles is ....did they not include him because he's not 'cool' anymore? :blink:

Also, people are saying that this is built on the Outrun 2 engine. I guess if it drifts as good as Daytona 2 and Outrun 2 did then it should play quite nicely and keep the speed up. Though, does anyone think this race looked a bit slow ...or were we just expecting faster things with the name 'Sonic' in the title?

Either way, i'm happy with the way this is shaping to look. I will be dissapointed if Knuckles has not made it in if characters like Shadow and Big are. And NiGHTS, of course. He'd better be in there too.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Okay, it'd be extremely weird if like, every Sonic character is in there except Knuckles.. Maybe he just wasn't selected in that race.. it'd be really messed up if he's not in it.

I still feel kinda bad for him in that he was neglected for Unleashed.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I just saw another gameplay video, this time of Amigo and... ..ok, here's the link first. --> Amigo race
Is it just me or did the drifting look really bad? ._.
I mean, Outrun had a really great drift feature that brought the cars around those corners beautifuly. After watching this footage here, Amigo has a tough time of really keeping a good drift going. He oversteers waaay too much.

I think i know what the problem is. If it's true and they're using the Outrun engine then these courses are too short for the Outrun drift to work properly in a game like this. These cars are not moving fast enough for a long smooth drift to keep the cars going nicely around the bend so instead they're oversteering all over the track whenever you try to drift.

This WILL NOT play like Mario Kart at all, if that's what most people are expecting. Mario Kart allows drifting to be done well too, kinda like Outrun does but in it's own way.
This footage, to me, showed me that drifting in this game might be a mess to pull off. This could totally ruin the atmosphere of trying to have a nice competitive race.

I'm kinda worried that this will be Superstars Tennis all over again. Great game full of fantastic characters and nostalgia....horrible game mechanics.
I'm really praying that i'm wrong because i want to love this game so much.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Yes, they did XD
The time i needed to dress up as Sonic, i wanted to do some different kinda poses. After i said i was gonna make Sonic grab his crotch Michael-Jackson-style for the camera Kevin Eva gave me a warning that while i was wearing the Sonic suit i wasn't allowed to do anything rude.

And there's Sonic. Posing on top of his car. Grabbing his nads. pffahaha XD

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Suck on it! Aaaaooooooooowwwwwwww !!!

:blink:

That is wrong on sooooooo many levels. But at least you can say that you inspired a video game, DiGi! :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I'm kinda worried that this will be Superstars Tennis all over again. Great game full of fantastic characters and nostalgia....horrible game mechanics.
I'm really praying that i'm wrong because i want to love this game so much.

well DiGi, if it makes you feel better hopefully its still a work in progress, so they may be fixing the gameplay in the future, after all there's still a plenty of time until 2010 :blink:

Sonic must be very good since he can drive without using his hands xDDD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

He seems to be playing the game a whole lot better than that person in the other video, but then again he's the developer. And he didn't use the drift for about 95% of the race so....hmm. I think there may be a problem there... I really hope they tweak it out properly and this really is JUST an E3 build.
Any idea if there are any reviews from people attending E3 who tried out the demo yet?

Over 20 characters? Well, there's currently 6 Sonic characters announced so far leaving quite a large number of open spaces. Let's hope they don't dissapoint with the final roster.

Sonic must be very good since he can drive without using his hands xDDD

Yeah, i noticed that too, lol.
Does anyone think they over do it a little? The animations seem to happen like once every 5 seconds.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
There should be one where Sonic lies down on the trunk of the car, yep. These 'All Star' moves look cool though, seems like that's the one that puts the character in their own element for time. Gosh, I hope it doesn't end up that the game would be so much better if everyone was always in their 'All Star' form instead of cars, lol. (Now THAT, I imagine, would get messy.)

But I reckon NiGHTS's All Star move would be like Sonic's (Super Sonic is his All Star, I'm guessing), where he gets out and flies for a bit. I really hope he just hasn't been announced yet, there's still time. There's no reason why he wouldn't be in this game.. not that that really helps..

And on the subject, how awesome would it be if NiGHTS could Paraloop other racers. Though it'd be lame if he couldn't. So, awesome vs. lame. No in-between. He better be able to, one way or another.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

...too much Sonic charas IMO

Yeah that's the one thing I'm not liking so far. I hope this game has a huge roster because there's already enough Sonic characters. I'd actually like to just see Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik/Eggman for Sonic characters and the rest should be from various SEGA games. Crossing my fingers for Ryo Hazuki in a forklift and Ulala on her flying, platform thing.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Does anyone think they over do it a little? The animations seem to happen like once every 5 seconds.

well that made me think...if they include NiGHTS in the game, probably one of his/her animations would be the oh-so-loved-by-everyone DU-A-LIZE animation xDDDD

come on guys, dont tell me Im the first one who though about it :blink:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Judging by that video, it's "Sonic and maybe a couple extra people Racing" ...or Sonic Riders, in other words. :P But Sonic Riders wasn't so bad, so, sure!

EDIT: Also, YES to Metal Sonic! <3

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
is it just me or is sonic really showboaty on this? he's always showing off at every opportunity. and super sonic seems to put the middle finger up at everyone when he passes them, or is it his index finger? it certainly looks like his middle one!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
well everyone does get a special move when doing badly in the race. in the videos with Aiai his move as shown as darting straight through the other racers like Super Sonic only he is in his ball. I think it works in that vein as Mario Kart DS and Wii because in those the power-ups you get get better when in a worse rank. The best one you could get is the bullet bill which works like the super moves that Sonic and Aiai have shown.

wow, crotch grab... fan service right there! He shoulda done that in SSBB whenever he beat Mario!

I don't understand the inclusion of Big and the exclusion of Knuckles. They say they are including "fan favorites" so why is big in there? I think that Knuckles will be in the final game, but him not being in the demo with all of this other Sonic characters is weird.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I can't think of a single person who likes Big.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I can't think of a single person who likes Big.

I used to like Big. The I played as him in Sonic Adventure... <_<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I appreciate Big since he's not a clone of anyone else. Seriously.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I don't like him as a playable character, i find him to be too slow and clunky.
I don't mind him being in the background though. Kinda like a support-cast character thing.

Marine - now there's someone i DON'T want to see ever again. She really took the piss. She is beyond irritating. At least Big was just slow and dumb (and smoking some hard stuff). Marine just never shut up.

...god, i hope Marine ain't in this game.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I played this at E3.

It's a good game. I think it should be a bit faster though.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I played this at E3. It's a good game. I think it should be a bit faster though.

Oh, that's nice ^.^

..wait, what? How did you manage to get in to E3??

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Digi, good question. How the hell'd you get into E3?? o___o

Also, I love big. He's my favorite fat purple cat. Well, second favorite. He can't take the place of ol'cheshire :3

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Knuckles for this game!! PLEASE!

What I don't get is Big. He's just a big, slow*both mentally and physically...what? Didn't you guys see those Sonic Short Collections?*, frog-obsessed moron.

Though he DOES get major kudos for being original and has good gameplay in Heroes.

AND DOES ANYONE EVEN CARE ABOUT OL' RISTAR ANYMORE?!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Knuckles for this game!! PLEASE!

What I don't get is Big. He's just a big, slow*both mentally and physically...what? Didn't you guys see those Sonic Short Collections?*, frog-obsessed moron.

Though he DOES get major kudos for being original and has good gameplay in Heroes.

AND DOES ANYONE EVEN CARE ABOUT OL' RISTAR ANYMORE?!

YES. Ristar would make the game prefect. Speaking of which, I'm going to go play Ristar right now.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i've never played ristar *sobs* is it good?

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

T_T you're not the only one, it would be interesting to see him in the game, thou it would be hard to revive a loooooooooooooooooooong time dead character

oh and about the animations, SOL has just confirmed that the characters do taunts when you press certain buttom

so the person playing that demo was surely a random buttom smasher xDDD

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Ristar was rated a solid 9*or 9.5, I forget* on GameSpot, and a LOT of people liked it. Unfortunately, I heard that SEGA attempted to try out a 3D-ish engine with stretchy arms for a Ristar sequel through Sonic Unleashed's Werehog, but not many people liked the night stages, sooo.....the odds of a sequel are kinda iffy, but fans STILL love the original Ristar and they want a sequel.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Ristar was rated a solid 9*or 9.5, I forget* on GameSpot, and a LOT of people liked it. Unfortunately, I heard that SEGA attempted to try out a 3D-ish engine with stretchy arms for a Ristar sequel through Sonic Unleashed's Werehog, but not many people liked the night stages, sooo.....the odds of a sequel are kinda iffy, but fans STILL love the original Ristar and they want a sequel.

People didn't like the night stages because of it's concept and it's mechanics. Sonic weighs 3000 pounds, and the endless fighting of enemies gets repetitive. The idea of long arms, however, is fine. Ristar is cute and different, which is attractive in a video game world full of boring first-person shooters and Guitar Hero rip-offs.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

It is rightfully considered among the Genesis classics nowadays, which is good. Also, the music in the game was done by none other than Ms. Tomoko Sasaki. But I think Ristar is included on one of the Genesis collections that's been released lately, so you should have another chance to play it, depending..

Ah, found my answer. One, it's on the Wii's Virtual Console. Second, do you own an XBox 360 or PS3? Ristar is on 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection'. Go get it!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i haves a PS3, i'll be buying it quicksmart! <_< my 18th birthday's this sunday, so i'm gettin a fair bit of money, and this is gonna be purchased methinks :P

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
So eh... anyone fancy annoying Sumo into submission so we can get Owl in ? : D

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I'm with Jof. I vote Owl in this. XD

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
xD thou I would love the idea of our Owl friend driving in a car being all like "HOO! VISITOR", it would be more probable to see Reala...or a Nightopian *shot*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
We need Owl! His Superstar move could have him make a big ball of water that mows down the other racers! :lol:

Just please, PLEASE don't have Owl grab himself like Sonic does. Ewewew... :rolleyes:

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Rachell, Noctourne, you two me laugh so hard. XD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

..wait, what? How did you manage to get in to E3??

Haha. I know people.

It was my first E3 so I was really happy to be there.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I won Sega Genesis Collection off a contest on IGN and Ristar is in that. I kinda like it. Maybe it's because I didn't play it when it came out. Maybe I should try it again. But some games are like that, y'know? Only magical years later if you're nostalgic. That's how I am with the Sonic games and Tiny Toon Advetures: Buster's Hidden Treasure. Anyone else play that game on Genesis? It was always my favorite Genesis game. Too bad my system doesn't work too well anymore and I have to resort to emulators. I would hope for a Wii Virtual Console release, but I doubt that that is a game that will be possibly due to licensing issues or lack of popularity. It's also a clone of Sonic, but I loved the show, so it's great! Maybe Buster Bunny will appear in Sega Superstars Racing! (yes I'm gonna call it that!) *crosses fingers*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I won Sega Genesis Collection off a contest on IGN and Ristar is in that. I kinda like it. Maybe it's because I didn't play it when it came out. Maybe I should try it again. But some games are like that, y'know? Only magical years later if you're nostalgic. That's how I am with the Sonic games and Tiny Toon Advetures: Buster's Hidden Treasure. Anyone else play that game on Genesis? It was always my favorite Genesis game. Too bad my system doesn't work too well anymore and I have to resort to emulators. I would hope for a Wii Virtual Console release, but I doubt that that is a game that will be possibly due to licensing issues or lack of popularity. It's also a clone of Sonic, but I loved the show, so it's great! Maybe Buster Bunny will appear in Sega Superstars Racing! (yes I'm gonna call it that!) *crosses fingers*

Buster's Hidden Treasure has got to be the best 'Looney Tunes character family' based game ever made. Kudos to Konami.

Buster's not a Sega character so that's kind of a long shot, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users